Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 - Your ratings

2012 - Your ratings

So how do you rate our boys in 2012 out of 10

Ferrari - 7/10 - Just not good enough despite a really good effort from where we started from, but surely it's time to stop starting on the backfoot and playing catch up.

Fernando Alonso - 10/10 - Can't really think of anything he done wrong pretty much a perfect season.

Felipe Massa - 8/10 - Hard first half of the season not always his fault and had some terrible strategies, 2nd half he was really back to form and gave Alonso a good run for his money.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari 7/10
    Alonso 9.75/10
    Massa 6/10

Ferrari - 6/10
    Alonso - 9.5/10
    Massa - 6/10

Ferrari - 6/10 - As a team the will and power was there but no know-how, tunnel-updates misadventures, couple of disastrous strategic calls during race, pit crew was the best but they've got speedwise overrun by Maccas and RB during the season and at the end did got a bit sloppy
    Alonso - 10/10 - You cant do better than that as a driver (I'm not ALO fan I'm here cos of Ferrari btw)
    Massa - 7/10 - First half of the season nightmare, second one much much better, worthy of one Ferrari driver...so its 50/50 it should be 5/10 but for his value as team player (in Brasil he attacked all around Alonso like a mad dog :) he gets 2 add. points :)

Ferrari 6/10 - (3/10 the start of the season, 9/10 recovery after Spain, 3/10 loosing the speed again after the summer break and a little 10/10 for our pit crew)
    Fernando Alonso 10/10 - incredible season from him. He used every oportunity and drove the wheels out of the car at almost every race
    Felipe Massa - I have to separate the rating here, I just cant "average" him. 2/10 For the first half of the season, it was really poor, but it looks to be well over and 10/10 for mostly the later parts of second half of the season, where he was just fantastic and if he would not have to help Alonso, he would have gave him super hard times.

Hopefully Both our guys will fight for the title between themselves in 2013

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Ferrari 7 out of 10, Felipe 8 out of 10 and fernando 9 out of 10

Ferrari: 6/10

They did the best they could with what they had, and the pitstops and and strategy calls have improved, but the car had some serious flaws from the beginning. I would have said 7 but pulled one point for the failed updates.

Fernando 9.5/10

Nobody is perfect. Needs to improve qualifying, whatever the reasons might have been. Otherwise, he is still the best driver out there for me, though of course i'm biased here. Oh well.

Felipe 5/10

Had a good end of season but was definitely being missed taking points off our rivals in most races. One point more for being loyal under difficult circumstances for himself.

Ferrari 8/10 Car was the only issue, but a big one.
    Fernando: 9.5/10 quali towards the end of the year was getting dodgy but showed he is an all time great.
    Felipe 6.5/10 awful first half, fantastic second half. hope he keeps it up.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

FERRARI
    AT THE CIRCUITS: 8.5
    AT THE FACTORY/ DESIGN BOARD: 4.5

ALONSO: 9.5

MASSA
    1st half: 3.5
    2nd half: 7

Ferrari 7/10
    Massa 8/10
    Alonso 10/10 I've never seen a better season by a driver than this.

2012 - Your ratings

Ferrari Car - 5
    Ferrari team - 9
    Alonso - 10
    Massa - 7

Maybe I'm bias, but I would give the entire team a near perfect score.

I'll give Ferrari a 9, the only weakness is on the technical side involving the car's development, everything else the team did was amazing IMO. We were the most "efficient" team, did the best we could out of a difficult car and it was almost enough. Of course Ferrari now need to keep up with this new F1 landscape, McLaren and Red Bull managed, there's no reason why Ferrari cannot.

Alonso, 10, its pretty obvious.

Massa gets a 9 too, he had some troubles getting in terms with the F2012 which was a difficult car, but ultimately he managed and well done to him. Massa certainly deserve to be higher in the drivers standing but ultimately that's racing, car is as important as any other factor.

Felipe - 6.5/10
    Ferrari - 8.0/10
    Fernando - 8.75/10

LDM - 10/10
    Domenicali - 8.25
    Smedley - 7.0/10
    Andrea Stella - 9.25/10
    Pat Fry - 8.5/10

lol
    Last edited by Pekka; 26th November 2012 at 00:43.

I think it's hard for me to rate Massa as low as you guys are doing. I think he has shown guts and support for the team like no other driver.
    For that I will give him 12/10
    The first half of the season was no way ideal for him or us.
    Fernando - 8.9/10
    Massa - 8.4/10
    Ferrari - 7/10
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

Ferrari: 7. Massive effort but we just weren't competitive enough.
    Fernando: 10. Could not ask for more from a Ferrari driver. The best out there.
    Felipe: 9. Just for fighting back the way he did and contributing to us taking 2nd in the WCC.

Ferrari: 7 - Pit crew had been great except for a few hiccups towards the end. But the team really needs to sort the car design for 2013 to get us back on top.

Fernando: 9.8 - Almost a perfect season for him. Would have hoped that Spa and Japan crashes didn't happen.

Felipe: 8 - Though he started poorly, part of it is how the car behaved in the beginning. Have come to grips at the second half of the season and sacrificed immensely for Fernando's WC drive. Mad props to him for that!

Forza Ferrari!

The team:
    For the car and development I give a 7 - the car at the start was a dog, but it was developed to 3rd best on the grid pretty quickly. At the end the rest of the developments failed.
    For the strategy on track and pit crew I give a 9 - a big improvement from last year.
    So in total the team gets 8.

Fernando:
    His best season so far in F1, only blemish was the faltering in qualis at the end of the season and the small miscalculation in Suzuka. I give him a 9.

Felipe:
    First part of the season was abysmal, latter part very solid up to a few excellent races. I give him a 7.

Most improved this season: Pit Crew
    The biggest let down of this season: Wind tunnel

Ferrari - 8/10
    Alonso - 8.5/10
    Massa - 3.33/10

X/A
    for Formula1 hi-res pics. & videos visit my blog
    http://formula1.softarchive.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Ferrari Car - 5
    Ferrari team - 9
    Alonso - 10
    Massa - 7
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

I won't go as far as giving ratings to each component separately. Formula One is a team sport, where you win together and you lose together.

And, because we managed to score 400 points against the 460 scored by the winning constructor, I'd say that the team deserves just that, an 8.7 out of 10.

The season started very badly for us, with both the car and Felipe heavily under-performing. Felipe eventually recovered and, in my view, is now back to his strongest, however the car continued to roam around the 5th/6th place in qualifying, and never gave complete confidence to the drivers. The further down the grid you start, the higher the risks of accidents, and the more difficult it becomes to keep up the pace with the leaders.

At the same time, we were very strong in the pits, very strong in terms of reliability, very good in terms of strategy (except for Canada), and ultimately managed to beat our all-time rivals Mclaren, both in the WDC as well as in the WCC.

While we're at it, I'd give a nice 10 out of 10 to the 2012 F1 season. Bar a few boring processional moments, we were treated to some great racing, and yesterday we witnessed one of the best season finales ever. Congratulations to Red Bull and Vettel, but a word of warning that Ferrari, Fernando and Felipe will be back very soon.

This is hard to quantify fairly.
    Ferrari 9 ( it would be 10 for effort & committment but the design team let them down.)
    Nando 10 ( he couldn't do anymore & looked burnt out on the podium yesterday )
    Felipe 9 ( he had a very poor first half not always his fault! poor qualifying left him in a vulnerable position on the grid)
    BUT he believed in himself so did the team and in spite of hurtful criticism he worked through it much to the pleasure of his fans.

To improve 2013 Ferrari must work on qualifying. We have seen that RB are vulnerable when not leading from the front.
    Of course it goes without saying that the car needs to be a race winner straight out of the box

Forza Jules

Ferrari: 7 good in a lot of things,design of the carvwas bad,it's been 3 years of doing catch up,its about high time they started atleast on par forvthe coming season!!
    Alonso:10 well had a perfect season,and cant ask for me,frankly I will be surprised if he can perform the same way next season.
    Massa: ok it's really difficult to put a number but I would say 6 well his first half was disastrous,I do agree some bad strategies from smedley,but maybe cuz massa was so erratic! And it actually cost Ferrari the WCC and possibly the WDC,I say that cuz massa drove brilliantly in the 2nd half,had he done the same in the first,for sure it makes a big difference!! Cuz not only you take points off your competitors in terms of the WCC championship,but also from th next competitor for the WDC.
    But I was totally impressed by him in the 2nd half,whipped Alonso a couple of times;)

I don't know... It is always hard to be self objective, but I think I'll give something like this:
    Ferrari - 5/10
    Alonso - 9.5/10
    Massa - 5/10

Hope next year will be all 10 out of 10

I also would like to say a big thanks to Greig and all his colleagues for all their efforts to make
    This website so entertaining,and so insightful..
    It is a privilege to be a member on this site,really and i mean it!!thank you for having me

Category(out of 10) Start Mid End Overall
    Ferrari Car 2 7 3 4
    Ferrari Team 5 8 8 7
    Fernando Alonso 10 10 9 9.6
    Felipe Massa 2 5 8 5
    AKROCKS

Ferrari - 7/10 - Car wasnt good enough frankly but the work rate and passion of the team made me give them extra marks here. Pitstops were generally pretty good and reliability was excellent. To take 2nd place from McLaren is amazing considering the difference in speed of the two cars.

Fernando Alonso - 10/10 - Always gave his all,made the best out of what he had at every race. We could not ask for me from him.

Felipe Massa - 7/10 - A season of two halves really. A shame to see him struggle so much but big credit for turning it around and helping the team when it mattered most.

Fernando gets a 9, some poor quali sometimes but not his fault..
    Felipe gets an 8, same as above but applies in race too, great 2nd half and brilliant finish..
    Ferrari F2012, what a prancing horse it was, shame that it got a bit lame towards the end, so it gets a 6.
    Pit teams deserve a medal for their efforts, designers need to start thinking outside the box..
    And Stefano for me should stay, don't think it will help to replace him.

Well..
    Red Bul 9/10
    Mclaren 8,5/10
    Lotus 7/10
    Williams 6/10
    Force India 6/10
    Ferrari 5,8/10
    Toro Rosso 4/10

Ferrari 6/10 for the car, 9/10 for the rest of the stuff.
    Fernando 9.9/10
    Felipe 6/10

McLaren 0/10

No WDC, no WCC, 3rd in the WCC with a car miles better than ours, the lost one of the best drivers in the last decade for their incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by FA fan View Post
    I also would like to say a big thanks to Greig and all his colleagues for all their efforts to make
    This website so entertaining,and so insightful..
    It is a privilege to be a member on this site,really and i mean it!!thank you for having me
    Yes I too want to thank Greig and his managers for all they do here to make it interesting here for us all .
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg