Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

sounds good to me. ferrari are obviously going for it... when was the last time we secured pole position on a dry quali? i literally cannot remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before, from yesterday..

Metin Mete ‏@metinmete
    Acc.to leakage, after two Ferrari straightline tests, front wing, rear wing, new floor, brake ducts and exhaust all worked well.
    I know Metin Mete,he is a good guy a dieheart Ferrari fan.I met him before in a dinner a few years ago.He has his own blog also

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Thanks,
    We should be able to give Team Red Bull a challenge at least.India customs still a worry??
    No customs are not a worry we already had a apply

Seems good guy, first time i came across his tweets today. Have to check his blogs out.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before, from yesterday..

Metin Mete ‏@metinmete
    Acc.to leakage, after two Ferrari straightline tests, front wing, rear wing, new floor, brake ducts and exhaust all worked well.
    Really encouraging news

It's hard not to feel a bit optimistic for the race in India.... Lets hope its a push that will bring us glory ..
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Great news. I guess having a working DDRS will be a great boost and would certainly help the team to challenge Red Bull in qualifying.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Great news. I guess having a working DDRS will be a great boost and would certainly help the team to challenge Red Bull in qualifying.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

if 50% of all of this is true,we will win in the India

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    sounds good to me. ferrari are obviously going for it... when was the last time we secured pole position on a dry quali? i literally cannot remember...
    The last time we got pole position in dry quali was way back in 2010 season, when Alonso started from pole for the Singapore GP. So a really long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    40 - the 36 Alonso probably would have got if he hadn't have been taken out, which was not relevant to car performance.

Vettel has been even luckier than Alonso this year. This fact is one that has been kept quiet by some Vettel fanboys and some Kimi fans who have moved onto Vettel as well.
    Yea, Vettel has definitely had his fair share of luck this year. For exampe, he hasn't been hit by Crashjean yet, that's LUCK. But in all fairness, I'm not sure whether he's been luckier than Alonso has been. I'd say that in terms of luck, it has been pretty much 50/50 between them. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Nando will come out as the luckier one, in the end.

This batch of new parts could/would be the last bullet.

Remember guys, new parts are being brought to every race said Tombazis.

So don't be surprised if not all of this stuff that has been tested shows up straight away. There may be a need to change things etc. especially sine this sound like a big big package.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Remember guys, new parts are being brought to every race said Tombazis.

So don't be surprised if not all of this stuff that has been tested shows up straight away. There may be a need to change things etc. especially sine this sound like a big big package.
    Good point. But I still hope that most of the new stuff will be available already in India, so that we could give the Red Cow's bum a good whipping. The fact is, that we simply cannot let the finger boy win in India. 'Cause if Vettel wins, then it will be almost impossible to stop him from winning the WDC. Sad but true.
    We absolutely have to go for all out attack in India.

Most of it has to work in India straight away out of the box, otherwise it would be too late. Ferrari brought a super package to Brazil in 2006, it was admirable but it was too late.

Customs should not be a problem for Ferrari...The Indian ambassador to Italy has met up with Luca D n also he visited the factory last year with the entire diplomatic team...
    I think the politics of it all would have sorted out the issues..

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    Italy and Singapore 2010...
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

This all so exciting! Cannnnotttt waiittt any longer for indiaaa..! Hoping for the BEST!
    Like it was pointed out, all of the updates probably wont be on the car this weekend, but WHAT an effort this is! That alone has made me ecstatic Let's show red bulls what Ferrari can do
    And, maybe we should just act gloomy and pessimistic just so we don't jinx anything

So 3 tests and all the updates apart DDRS seem to work..if they work then we are definitely in the shot for WDC..

i just hope that the correlation between Cologne's tunnel and the track is actually positive......
    we need to have a good quali and then Fernando will manage the rest......

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Yea, Vettel has definitely had his fair share of luck this year. For exampe, he hasn't been hit by Crashjean yet, that's LUCK. But in all fairness, I'm not sure whether he's been luckier than Alonso has been. I'd say that in terms of luck, it has been pretty much 50/50 between them. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Nando will come out as the luckier one, in the end.
    Even though both drivers' DNFs have yielded nil points, for analysis' sake, there is a big difference between a DNF caused by reliability problems, and a passive DNF due to some idiot crashing you out.

This is why, as many have said, Alonso deserves this WDC more than Vettel.

Source?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don't understand how they can test new upgrades just in a straight line.

Don't they need alot of sensors etc to aid them for that or how does it works?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I am really pleased to read all this stories about big upgrade package for India, and 3 straight line test which went good, but still I refuse to believe in all that until FP1, and actual performance of F2012

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I don't understand how they can test new upgrades just in a straight line.

Don't they need alot of sensors etc to aid them for that or how does it works?
    I'd imagine all those sensors are there in the test.

The aero test are usually done using constant straight line speed with flow vis paint and other instruments as we see in Friday practice. So its no different in a straight line test.

Of course its just limited to aero testing. Other stuff like tire performance cannot be tested in straight line.

Just watched the to tombazis interview, I'm confident now that we're in good shape for last 4 races, although we wnt know until the weekend, is 0.5 of a second gain achievable in one shot? What do we need to find on race pace?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am really pleased to read all this stories about big upgrade package for India, and 3 straight line test which went good, but still I refuse to believe in all that until FP1, and actual performance of F2012
    same here..

Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    Just watched the to tombazis interview, I'm confident now that we're in good shape for last 4 races, although we wnt know until the weekend, is 0.5 of a second gain achievable in one shot? What do we need to find on race pace?
    0.5 gain is possible in one shot..remember Ferrari gained 0.7-1.0sec in Spain with a massive update..
    and 0.3 might put us on par with RB but i hope we gain more than that..

If our car is on par with Red Bulls, I won't need to wish for a Ferrari win or even pray for good luck. Because I know that Alonso can do the rest, and that applies to Massa too. I'm very confident that given an equal car we will definitely triumph over our rivals. The Red Bull drivers without the fastest car rarely impress. Ferrari drivers on the other hand...
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari