Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Sorry 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    2010 project? Im confused with that last post.

We will se in the future who has to use this nouse. Time will tell.

I see the following items as the important issue to be solved: Increase Aero Downforce, Reduce Drag, Reduce Internal Friction (Engine & Transmission), Increase Gas Mileage, Lower the Center of Gravity, Increase Rate of Getting Heat into the Tires. If Ferrari starts with the "Clean Sheet of Paper" as they have claimed they have, we could see gains in ALL areas of the race car. Here it to hoping they have done the correct work to find the solutions to ALL of these problems!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Hembery: "Todos los equipos se beneficiarán de los cambios hechos en los neumáticos de 2012, pero especialmente Ferrari"

hummmm...Newey&HornerLTDA. not happy with this.....
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    Hembery: "Todos los equipos se beneficiarán de los cambios hechos en los neumáticos de 2012, pero especialmente Ferrari"

hummmm...Newey&HornerLTDA. not happy with this.....
    What does it say?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    What does it say?
    From Google Translate:

All teams will benefit from the changes made in the tires of 2012, but especially Ferrari

The future is RED

They've gone more aggressive with the compounds. Meaning the tyres are softer all around the range.

Red Bull seemed fine with them in the Abu Dhabi test
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    From Google Translate:
    Thanks
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

The "Softer Compound" tires that Pirelli will bring in2012' WILL HELP FERRARI BIG TIME! We saw during the 2011 season that the Ferrari Race car loved the Soft Compound tires and to have them be the primary and now very close Soft option tire for use in the 2012 season, can only help them. The teams can better hone in on the setup on the race cars if the Primary and Option tire is closer in dynamics. They will be able to build certain qualities into their race cars to best exploit the heat generating element from the geometry of the suspension. The racing should be closer. Hopefully, "Real Driver Skills" will shine as a result of this critical move by Pirelli.

I think everyone should applaud Pirelli for the wonderful work they did this past year! JUST A GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! The ENGINEERING Work Pirelli has done has been nothing short of AMAZING! Pirelli have done a phenomenal job to Re-Write the dynamics of Formula One and have renewed the sport by allowing races to become more exciting. I think DRS and the Pirelli Tires have been a huge success!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Here's the English link:
    http://www.f1zone.net/news/hembery-s...ferrari/10492/

I found this story interesting as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull knows why Ferrari wings flutter
    Red Bull knows why flexible front wings flutter, according to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.
    With the 2011 title chase over, Ferrari began experimenting with Red Bull-like front wings recently but have struggled to solve a “fluttering” phenomenon seen mainly on the car driven by Felipe Massa.

But Red Bull also experienced some fluttering in Abu Dhabi, with team boss Christian Horner also admitting: “Mark Webber had the same (problem) at Suzuka.”

The German magazine cites Red Bull sources in saying the explanation is quite simple.

The fluttering usually occurs at the end of a straight with the DRS rear wing system deployed, meaning that the aerodynamic load is increased at the front of the car.

“Then, if the tyre pressure is low, the car bounces on the tyre” causing the heavier endplates to vibrate, said Auto Motor und Sport.

Cool

JOSE! I miss you on 606! You were my hero!

Haha and you are a special fan of him right?What a love

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Haha and you are a special fan of him right?What a love
    BIG FAN! Were you on 606 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    BIG FAN! Were you on 606 too?
    No, i'm sorry

I dont know if it will benefit us the most since we are radically changing our car from a tyre save monster to a monster who eats tyres so we can get heat into them.

If we kept Costa then this would most likely be true but since he's out of the lane I wouldn't take the msg from Pirelli serious and I'm staying with both feet on the ground even during testen.

From Q3 in Melbourne, then we will know. Not a moment sooner.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Here's the English link:
    http://www.f1zone.net/news/hembery-s...ferrari/10492/

I found this story interesting as well:
    they had the front wing fluttering aswell.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I dont know if it will benefit us the most since we are radically changing our car from a tyre save monster to a monster who eats tyres so we can get heat into them.

If we kept Costa then this would most likely be true but since he's out of the lane I wouldn't take the msg from Pirelli serious and I'm staying with both feet on the ground even during testen.
    Exactly what I was thinking...
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 24th November 2011 at 17:31.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Alonso has the skill to manage tyre wear, better to get track position and then manage the tyres, lookin after them during a stint.

Analysis: Abu Dhabi Test – 2012 Exhausts (Williams, Mercedes, Ferrari) - Scarbs

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/1...2012-exhausts/

"Ferrari rediseñara la suspensión trasera del coche para obtener mayor ángulo de inclinación (camber) debido a los neumáticos de 2012"

translation- "Ferrari redesign the car's rear suspension for greater angle of inclination (camber) due to the tires, 2012"
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

BBC F1 pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz said: "The Ferrari drivers are running development front wings in first practice. Alonso has a brand new one and Massa has the old one that he ended up running in Abu Dhabi but with some little extra cascades.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/15892192.stm
    i havent seen any pics though.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

think this is it..

NOTE- I have not watched FFP yet, so if Fernando and Felipe ran different to what i posted i apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    think this is it..

but isnt that the 20122 wing?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    the wing that is "2012 wing" is as i understand only a basis, not "the wing" we will use. Just testing the design and concepts of flex and and cascades etc.

the wing that is "2012 wing" is as i understand only a basis, not "the wing" we will use. Just testing the design and concepts of flex and and cascades etc.
    yeah, i guess so. but was still expecting to see additions to the experimental wing.

think this is it..

NOTE- I have not watched FFP yet, so if Fernando and Felipe ran different to what i posted i apologise.
    Massa ran this wing only in FP 1 . (with 3 cascades)

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    20122? Damn, when Ferrari said they were taking risks, I didn't think they'd start testing bits for that far into the future . Luca must really be ****** off huh? . Well, I guess we have plenty of time to fix the fluttering problem then. phew.
    Last edited by zeus2; 26th November 2011 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus2 View Post
    20122? Damn, when Ferrari said they were taking risks, I didn't think they'd start testing bits for that far into the future . Luca must really be ****** off huh? .

P.S. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/1...chnical-group/

seems like those rumours saying Iley was leaving McLaren werent false, but he now joins Caterham. makes me think, why is everyone poaching McLaren engineers. simple answer, they must be good. but then why arent McLaren holding on to them? they seem to have lost quite a few good guys in recent years.
    this doesnt really affect Ferrari, as iirc, they have said that they wont be hiring any high profile guys any soon, but wouldnt mind new staff, especially RedBull's

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Massa ran this wing only in FP 1 . (with 3 cascades)
    cascades are the small "winglets" off the endplates above the main plane.