Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Interesting video
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    He said before that we have a big update coming for China and a bigger one for Spain. Our season starts in Spain.
    That may be the cae but I don't think other teams are going to languish around waiting for us to catch up!

alonso is ninth but because of raikkonen he will be 8th position not bad to a weak ferrari car i hoping that they change the sidepod totally even the front wing no all i guess but we need to do that one by one and total change

im just hoping that ferrari will change in make it like a berserk predator

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    He said before that we have a big update coming for China and a bigger one for Spain. Our season starts in Spain.
    With all due respect, the season has already started! Excluding last year, many of the recent WDC have been decided by ONE point! That ONE point, could have been earned during the FIRST race of the season!

Luckily for Ferrari, Alonso is pushing that car to its limits and beyond, in order to fight for whatever he can get!!

And, YES each and every point earned is ALSO vital to win the Constructor's title, thus we need EVERY point BOTH drivers earn!!

"But coming to the [next three races in] China, Bahrain and Barcelona, there is a lot of stuff coming to improve the car.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17505390

Alonso is normally very cautious when discussing upgrades, and plays them down. must be big updates.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Sauber after todays race, are so impressive...Their design plus the fact that they are
    running Ferrari engines, plus a standard front susp? Really good job by them.
    And I did put it in this thread simply because I view Sauber as a Ferrari B Team.
    Even though they are quicker than us. No offense.

They are nor quicker than us, knowone is thats why Alonso is winning the championsgips. Others are potentially quicker but not capitalised on this and next race with the 1st round of upgrades for all teams coming the potential order can chanfe again so will have to see who can capitalise on the potential. For now we have done the best.

Sauber are faster then us but only atm but on a long term, never.

meh, they were quicker with perez than everybody, apart from Webber, who showed good pace for RB.
    apart from Perez, ferrari looked okay, and now, the other teams have bottled it. Lotus, Merc may be faster, but it is Ferrari that leave with the points. and now, their chance is over.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Fernando said the car will undergo big changes, lets hope they work and produce results. I wonder whether these changes are internal or external, i'm guessing both.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

The changes will be extensive. Front Suspension, Exhaust, Diffuser, Floor, Sidepods, Front Wing, Rear Wing. I think those are enough items to upgrade. Look for improvements after the Mugello Test session!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Given the fact the car becomes a lot more nervous as it gets lighter, wouldn't that indicate a revision is necessary to the suspension?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    Interesting video
    shouldn't that top rear wing part filled with air coming through to support the rear downforce? cmiiw

I dont believe that there is no air flow to the rear wing. There is not all the flow highlighted. Look at the flow to the airbox, there is none which is in reality not true.

blue airflow means drag or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Given the fact the car becomes a lot more nervous as it gets lighter, wouldn't that indicate a revision is necessary to the suspension?
    I think you're right...

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    I think you're right...
    I wouldn't say so. As we have changed exhaust direction but sidepod is optimised for original position we are doing not one thing or the other and so window for optimal performance is very small with a change in ride height as fuel goes down having a nehative effect on aero.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    The changes will be extensive. Front Suspension, Exhaust, Diffuser, Floor, Sidepods, Front Wing, Rear Wing. I think those are enough items to upgrade. Look for improvements after the Mugello Test session!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Maybe easier to list the bits that aren't changing.

I was thinking this while watching the race yesterday; if we're lacking rear downforce (among other things of course) why not add a wing in the middle 15 cm like many other teams have done?

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    I think you're right...
    The suspension may have so much Anti Squat geometry in it that it's preventing enough weight transfer to the rear wheels when coming out of slow corners in low gears. [even more so with empty tanks]
    Just a guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Cripes!! He's a designer too! Are there no limits.....

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Maybe easier to list the bits that aren't changing.
    LOL, I was itching to say that to him.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Honestly, cannt see how changing the front suspension will help overall. The problem lies at the rear. We need more DF there, the reivised exhaust layout im sure will help in that area.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
    The word in the paddock is that Ferrari are developing what will effectively be a new car for the Spanish Grand Prix in May - albeit built around the same chassis as the current one.

There is talk of new rear aerodynamics, a new exhaust position, and possibly replacing the unique pull-rod suspension with more conventional push-rod.

It remains to be seen just how different it actually is.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17506004

I've seen some people commenting about a Mugello test session.What is it? A filming day? Or is the FIA allowing some testing days throughout the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    I've seen some people commenting about a Mugello test session.What is it? A filming day? Or is the FIA allowing some testing days throughout the year?
    FiA have moved the last test preseason into the first week of may. Held at Mugello. Ferrari let the teams use it for fre, since they own the track.

Re: Switch back to Push-Rod Front Suspension : If they are able to find adequate Attachment / Pickup Points on the Front Chassis Bulkhead and are able to package the Front Push-Rod suspension in place of the Pull-Rod Design, it will most likely happen.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!

If possible they could make a bulkhead that fits this chassis but can take the f150 front suspension.Will save some time while the cars are away!