Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Wow, new exhausts??

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    I don't remember Joseluisf1 saying that, or at least was not the first. He just said "in a newspaper they say that", but never was his personal opinion.
    Quite right. Joseluisf1 is far more accurate. Especially in the area of the flatulance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Quite right. Joseluisf1 is far more accurate. Especially in the area of the flatulance.
    Well, i don't know if some of you are just jelous of him or what, because he just gives us news about ferrari f1. If you don't like it, don't read it. He doesn't say everything he says is true. He knows the rumors and news everybody knows + some more that he can obtain by himself.

Well, i don't know if some of you are just jelous of him or what, because he just gives us news about ferrari f1. If you don't like it, don't read it. He doesn't say everything he says is true. He knows the rumors and news everybody knows + some more that he can obtain by himself.
    He doesn't give news. He re-tweets rumours and makes the rest up. I'll be jealous of that all you like

He doesn't give news. He re-tweets rumours and makes the rest up. I'll be jealous of that all you like
    So what if he just re-tweets rumours? If you don't like, don't read it. But it seems difficult to you (and others) to ignore someone. If you are not jealous: Ignore him. Is that simple.

He's a fraud. I'll not ignore that. No offence if you decide to ignore me though.

He's a fraud. I'll not ignore that. No offence if you decide to ignore me though.
    If he is a fraud, then 99% of journalists are a fraud too. Hell, even we are frauders, because we also spread (sometimes false) rumours!

So, please can we talk about the new exhaust position? (if the pic is true). And I don't have any reason to ignore you.

I am a bit confused.
    We already said that our problem is lack of downforce in high speed corner that cause overstreeing.but Stefano say that our problem is lake of traction in slow corner that i think due to lake of mechanical grip that dont need exhaust downforce.
    Cat anyone explain that?

If he is a fraud, then 99% of journalists are a fraud too. Hell, even we are frauders, because we also spread (sometimes false) rumours!

So, please can we talk about the new exhaust position? (if the pic is true). And I don't have any reason to ignore you.
    Exhaust is the same
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by type056 View Post
    I am a bit confused.
    We already said that our problem is lack of downforce in high speed corner that cause overstreeing.but Stefano say that our problem is lake of traction in slow corner that i think due to lake of mechanical grip that dont need exhaust downforce.
    Cat anyone explain that?
    I agree slow-medium speed turns,car is loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    According to La Gazzetta dello Sport today, in Spain there will be a new F2012 and return to the front suspension Push-Rod:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w4mpzs.png
    Mighty thanx. Read it. Here's a summary for those that can't read Italian.

It says most likely the car will be completely new at Spain. Not only the sidepods, but with the front-suspensions returning to the push-rod, they probably want to take advantage of redesigning the cockpit and chasis.
    Meaning there's a chance that the nose might change, especially by adding the front wing F-duct. And obviously this could mean new crash tests?

Due to the many changes, it's probable the car will be almost all new, and named the F2012B.

Massa this weekend not only has a new chasis, but as many pieces they could change as Ferrari is still uncertain of the flaws of his car in Australia. Probably why the car was flown back to Maranello?
    He also laughed at the rumours of Perez replacing him this year.

While Ferrari said on Twitter this year they expect to beat the record of the most drivers and team managers linked with a job at Ferrari.
    Last edited by Omegablue; 23rd March 2012 at 21:57.

They also said no new car
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    They also said no new car
    Gazzetta said due to the "probable" amount of new pieces and changes for Spain, it most likely could be a new car renamed.
    And by Ferrari tradition, when the car changes a quite bit during the season, it adopts the "B" designation to the name.

Again, they said probable?

when was the last time we had a b chassis mid-season?
    Forza Ferrari

F60 b in 2009 if i am not wrong?

Off the top of my mind, in 1994. Which incidently also had the sidepods redesigned.

Most people would think of 1996, but that was just the nose cone and other inner bits that changed.

And it was in 94.

Went from the 412T1.

To the 412T1B.

Great pix!! I love how the cars were a bit smaller then.
    Unless Im temporarily insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Great pix!! I love how the cars were a bit smaller then.
    Unless Im temporarily insane.
    Not insane. The cars were more beatifully in proportion. Shorter and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by @InsideFerrari
    For instance the rumour that we will have a new car in Bahrain or Barcelona, just to mention one... It is not true!

Confirmed for the bajilionth time, Ferrari will NOT be having a b spec car for Europe.

a new car in Barcelona? No, there is no truth in that.
    http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...two-F2012.aspx

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

At least they could have lied to us, give us false hope... Now we have nothing to look forward to

WARNING!!! Good news, read with Caution!!!

A 'step forward' says Alonso
    Ferrari star reckons they have found three tenths over a single lap

By Mike Wise at Sepang. Last Updated: March 24, 2012 11:46am

Fernando Alonso reckoned Ferrari have made a step forward with their F2012 car after giving an improved qualifying performance at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The double World Champion missed out on a place in the top 10 session last weekend in Melbourne but made it through seven days later at Sepang.

Alonso set the ninth fastest time but will start eighth on the grid after Kimi Raikkonen picked up a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change on his Lotus.

Although Alonso salvaged a fifth-place finish in the Australian Grand Prix, he said that the F2012 lacks downforce - a failing sure to be exposed in Sepang's high-speed corners.

No doubt

However, speaking after qualifying on Saturday, he said that new aerodynamic parts had produced an improvement he estimated to be in the region of three tenths of a second over a single lap.

"It was better. I think we did a step forward in this race - there is no doubt," Alonso said. "The car was feeling a little bit better and again we did some checks Friday, some aero parts that we used in Australia and we wanted a confirmation.

"So we tested here again and some of them were quite positive. We introduced to the car and I think it's a step in the right direction. We were one second off pole position in Q2 when we went out in Australia in Q2 and today we were six tenths and a half.

"This three tenths is quite encouraging for us, a positive sign that we are moving in the right direction.

"We need obviously a triple step of what we did as soon as possible."

But ahead of what is the season's toughest race in terms of tyre degradation, Alonso hinted that Ferrari might still have work to do in that department.

"I mean in Melbourne maybe we had a little bit more degradation than our main competitors. Let's say that we...it's a tough race," he sighed.

Recovery

Alonso also said both he and team-mate Felipe Massa were struggling with balance this weekend. The Brazilian had similar problems last weekend and will line up 12th on Sunday.

The Spaniard, though, had words of encouragement for his team-mate, who is driving a much-changed car this weekend.

"I think Felipe did a very, very good recovery from yesterday. He had problems with the car and they changed a lot of the car overnight, and this morning again some other changes. So it's never easy to qualify with not a clear reference or baseline," he added.

"With the baggage we have in our hands at the trackside, it's the maximum today again."
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...rd-says-Alonso

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    WARNING!!! Good news, read with Caution!!!
    Haha

Good to hear. Indeed both Alonso and Massa don't seems to be fighting the car like they did in Australia. The car is still slow, but at least its going where the driver wants it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by type056 View Post
    I am a bit confused.
    Cat anyone explain that?
    Lets just say...the car isn't good in corners. Whatever speed it may be :P.

You might also say that its not good on straights but thats due to running a bigger wing due to downforce issues.

To much talk. Just get it done. But that's only if there is any improvement plan.

Quote Originally Posted by joseluisf1
    In China there are no excuses, in the next races Ferrari should get into Q3 without problem and in Spain fight with the leaders.
    http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1/sta...25306567626753
    He said before that we have a big update coming for China and a bigger one for Spain. Our season starts in Spain.

we decided to test some new solutions yesterday.

We can already see some improvements if the car...
    I wonder want that last line says??

http://www.ferrari.com/english/scude...17;s-race.aspx

Hmm... why is the article saying this
    Alonso - due to a penalty for Raikkonen - will start from ninth position
    Shouldn't it be P8 for Alonso after Kimi's penalty?

Ive read that Nando will start 8th. AutoSport.