Thread: Speed Channel gone

Speed Channel gone

I just found out that News Corp, which owns Speed channel, all of the Fox channels that air in the US will be off air on many cable/satelite channels starting Nov1. From what I can gather, New Corp wants a 40% increase in fees that I know, Direct TV for one, will discontinue carrying the aforementioned channels. I use Direct Tv, so I was really flabbergasted to hear this, as I pay quite a bit for the service. I guess this means that unless I can find an alternate way to watch F1, Im not going to be able to watch anymore F1..Heck, the only reason I use DTV is for Speed, n if NewsCorp rates are going up for them, they are going up for every TV subscriber service.

Ive been watching Speed since it was SpeedVision..remember that? And although its become nascarchannel the last few years, they did carry F1.

So to Bob Varsha, Steve Matchet and David Hobbs, I bid farewell..its been a good run. So sorry that greed will not permit me to watch you guys anymore. What a drag.

WHAT!?!? I remember watching when it was speedvision... My Dad will be upset to find this out, that's the only reason my mom and dad have DirectTV too... And to make it worse they live in an area where there is not broadband access so I don't how he'll watch F1...

I wonder if Bernie knows about this, I'm sure he won't be too happy... We get the USGP back and now they start removing ways for Americans to watch F1..

I'm angry enough about this, but I can only imagine if the titles hadn't been decided yet and our boys still had a chance...

*edit, I didn't realize there are other carriers with SPEED but still its the idea of having to cancel your service, get a new service, new dish, etc, etc...
    Last edited by mm154; 22nd October 2011 at 06:15.

You could always try watching through BBC via UK Proxy.

If Fox is off the air how will people know what to think?

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    If Fox is off the air how will people know what to think?
    Jeeze, both sides of the pond won't know what to think, no Fox no News of the World

Im sure it will be on somewhere, n Direct tv will probably still offer it, at a huge price increase. I dont know whats going on
    w/Dish and the cable co's. News Corp owns more channels than people realize..FX, Fuel, Nat Geo Wild to name a few.

When I hear things like this, it boils me blood matey..for thar taint nuthin like the moments before the start of a race,
    that tension, all the cars revving, then the lights go out? Whoa..man I love that.

What is watching BBC via UK proxy?

I also found out that the deal is on Direct tv. Of course no one really knows the truth in matters like this.
    I guess I will shuddap and just find a different tv company, to pay, to watch free tv....that sounds right aey?
    I wonder if there any bars I can go hangout in to watch F1..at 8 AM...on a Sunday....well, they serve eggs in bars, dont they?

This is the first I've heard of it, but I get SPEED by cable. These sorts of threats happen a lot, and are usually resolved with last minute deals.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Im sure it will be on somewhere, n Direct tv will probably still offer it, at a huge price increase. I dont know whats going on
    w/Dish and the cable co's. News Corp owns more channels than people realize..FX, Fuel, Nat Geo Wild to name a few.

When I hear things like this, it boils me blood matey..for thar taint nuthin like the moments before the start of a race,
    that tension, all the cars revving, then the lights go out? Whoa..man I love that.

What is watching BBC via UK proxy?
    There are proxies you can use to watch the BBC, they mask your IP and show it as originating in the UK enabling you to watch it online. I've tried it but it was pretty complicated and I never had any luck with it. So I stick to pirated streams. They can suck and sometimes you have to use a Russian, Polish, Chinese what-have-you stream, but any port in a storm, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    There are proxies you can use to watch the BBC, they mask your IP and show it as originating in the UK enabling you to watch it online. I've tried it but it was pretty complicated and I never had any luck with it. So I stick to pirated streams. They can suck and sometimes you have to use a Russian, Polish, Chinese what-have-you stream, but any port in a storm, as they say.
    Ok thanks, so how does one go about finding such a stream? I can hardly understand English anyway, so if its in another language, no big deal...

This is the first I've heard of it, but I get SPEED by cable. These sorts of threats happen a lot, and are usually resolved with last minute deals.
    Youre safe then..DTV is such a pain sometimes, I may switch anyway.
    The bra channel..I mean who has a channel that sells bras...DTV does :D

Speed and fox.

This is Great news.
    Get them out. People might actually learn something that make sense
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

F1 on Speed is the only reason I'm paying extra to COMCAST for their 'Sports Package'?!
    Hopefully an alternative will be announced soon....................

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Ok thanks, so how does one go about finding such a stream? I can hardly understand English anyway, so if its in another language, no big deal...
    Someone usually has one posted here.

You could try here : http://justin.tv/bwass244_4
    or search on this site.

I hope this doesn't effect FIOS users.

Thx for the info everyone..1 way or another, Im watching F1.

I will be really bummed if Fox and SPEED go off the air.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Absolutely nothing found via a yahoo search

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Fox will not go off the air.. Fox is waaaay to big of a network to go off. Plus right now that would include the world series... I dont think America in general would be to happy about not being able to watch that since they are the only network that is broadcasting that.

We should be able to watch all of the F1 races in next year. All we need to do is change our proxy servers to other countries where F1 is free to air. It might be in a different language but I think all races will be live on radio 5.
    Red is the only color!!!

I only watch F1 races on the BBC iPlayer with a proxy. Sometimes it's difficult to find a working proxy, but I've always been able to find one. I've been doing this for the past 2 years.

here i pay around 25USD to have a the startSports/espn channels in my sateline tv subscription. not sure bout u guys...hmmm...sad to hear, maybe live streaming can substitute?

I watch it all online. Don't even have a tv

From what I can gather, its time to renegotiate their deal..Fox offered to keep their channels up while negotiating..Direct TV is the one that is stating they will stop airing the Fox channels if they dont get their way. Its hard to find the truth here because DTV appears to be trying to make Fox out 2 b the bad guys..Im not too sure there are any good guys here.

How can you question if fox is good or bad Sorry dude

Quote Originally Posted by justjesper View Post
    How can you question if fox is good or bad Sorry dude
    Your looking at one aspect of Fox, which is Fox News. The remainder of Fox affiliates actually have some very, VERY good programming on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    Your looking at one aspect of Fox, which is Fox News. The remainder of Fox affiliates actually have some very, VERY good programming on them.
    And I happen to love Fox News.

Can we please stop the thinly veiled discussion of politics (which is against the rules)?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    And I happen to love Fox News.

Can we please stop the thinly veiled discussion of politics (which is against the rules)?
    Sorry. Wasn't trying to come across in a political manner. I was more trying to distinguish that there is a VAST difference in programming among the entire range of Fox affiliates over here. I should have made that more clear.