Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

C4 did bid I am sure, I really doubt there is anything MP's can do, they are just going to ask questions, get some wishy washy answers then go fill in their forms for expenses.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    C4 did bid I am sure, I really doubt there is anything MP's can do, they are just going to ask questions, get some wishy washy answers then go fill in their forms for expenses.
    No change then!
    Trying to be less angry..

Dear me, England is really an island....

Here in Switzerland, as in most European coutries, you can get three Swiss channels (french, german, italian speaking), one French, one German, one Italian, one Austrian, one Dutch, one Belgian, one Spanish and one Portuguese which show F1 live on friday, saturday and sunday. And, oh yes, BBC. And we certainly will have Sky the way we had ITV.

All included in the 35 swiss francs per months payed for the cable TV that offers 112 european channels, and for an additional 15 swiss francs you can add plenty more channels some of which probably also offer F1. Never bothered to check.

Of course you need to speak, or at least understand, some languages. So what?

Move over here, amigos...
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

Brundle leaving BBC for Sky says Eddie Jordan
    Saturday 29 Oktober at 07:35 : Oct.29 (GMM) The BBC's television punditry team looks set to break up at the end of the season.

Former McLaren driver and lead BBC commentator Martin Brundle earlier this week denied a report in London's Telegraph that said he is poised to accept a $1.6 million offer to switch full-time to Sky in 2012.

The BBC and pay-channel Sky will share the British hosting rights next year, with the public broadcaster to televise only a handful of grands prix.

French commentator Jean-Louis Moncet revealed in his Auto Plus column that he sat down for breakfast in the Buddh circuit paddock with Eddie Jordan, an expert pundit on the BBC coverage.

"He swallowed a few spoons of soup and then told me Martin Brundle is leaving for Sky next year," revealed Moncet.

"And he (Jordan) doesn't want to continue if, as expected, the BBC transmits only half the races," added Moncet.

Moncet, who calls races for France's TF1, quoted the former team owner Jordan as saying: "I will do everything or nothing."

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/daily...ie+Jordan.html
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

"And he (Jordan) doesn't want to continue if, as expected, the BBC transmits only half the races," added Moncet.

[/url]
    Good. That'd almost make Sky worth it.
    Forza Jules

but if BBC isnt doing all, i read it as EJ will go to Sky.

I thought the BBC would be taking the sky commentary feed anyway, so this will mean Brundle on BBC as well?

Sure I read would be him and Crofty, not sure who is the lead.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    but if BBC isnt doing all, i read it as EJ will go to Sky.
    Nooooooooooo. I am not paying an extra £16 per month to watch that... thing.
    Forza Jules

I thought the BBC would be taking the sky commentary feed anyway, so this will mean Brundle on BBC as well?

yeah i read it too mate. I think it was in Autosport, no sorry it was in F1 mag this month. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Nooooooooooo. I am not paying an extra £16 per month to watch that... thing.
    he would be getting paid bit more £ so his shirts be better.

Will the bbc show extended highlights in 2012?

http://duncanblog.dailymail.co.uk/20...s-in-2012.html

Interesting if true
    Sky Sports are set to run a dedicated Formula One channel next season which will be available to Freeview customers for a monthly fee. In a move aimed at appeasing frustrated British F1 fans following the unprecedented switch from terrestrial to pay-TV, I’m told that Sky will operate the package at a cost thought to be around £10-a-month. The new channel will be included free of charge in Sky and Virgin Media packages.

Sky agreed a highly-controversial seven-year deal with the BBC to share the rights from 2012 onwards earlier this year. The new contract will see Sky screen all 20 races with the BBC broadcasting half that number, as well as a highlights show for every grand prix. Almost 40,000 petrol heads signed an online government petition protesting the move, with many saying they’d no longer be able to afford to watch the sport.

But Sky’s latest decision will leave fans in a position to tune in to Formula One next year without having to fork out for Sky's full package which costs in excess of £60-a-month. The new channel is set to run for three days over the course of a race weekend. The service will include live coverage of all three practice sessions as well as qualifying and the race – and it will also host an F1 legends programme.

Sky Sports F1 chief Martin Turner is busy putting together his team for 2012, with lead commentator Martin Brundle in line to make the controversial switch from BBC to Sky. Brundle is expected to team up with David Croft for the commentating duties with former rugby presenter Simon Lazenby anchoring the programme as revealed by this blog in October.

F1 broadcasting veteran Steve Rider has also been snapped up by Sky, and is in Interlagos for this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix, filming the first in a series of legend interviews for the broadcaster's coverage in 2012.I’m told that BBC presenter Jake Humphrey was approached to anchor Sky's F1 coverage, which he promptly snubbed in favour of staying with the BBC.

Sky are expected to reveal their plans in full next month.
    --

Not so sure wobbly mike deserves a return...
    Forza Ferrari

Not all bad then if that's true still a little hacked off it's come to this but I can justify a tenner a month to watch my favourite sport!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Will be awesome if their dedicated F1 channel shows old races as well.

The future is RED

I hope this is true because that's a great deal better than forking out for Sky.

Seriously don't want Steve Ryder back though. It's a shame Jake has snubbed them - but he always wanted to do the Olympics. Quite a short term outlook on things if that's to be believed. Not sure who is more biased anyway, I think Steve marginally holds that mantle. For now.

I hope us in Asia can benefit from this as well. Be nice for Star Sports to broadcast Friday and Saturday practice as well as Q and race day. Even better would be if they could get rid of Steve Slater - anyone that thinks they have problems with idiot commentators need to be subjected to him for a race or two.

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    I hope us in Asia can benefit from this as well. Be nice for Star Sports to broadcast Friday and Saturday practice as well as Q and race day. Even better would be if they could get rid of Steve Slater - anyone that thinks they have problems with idiot commentators need to be subjected to him for a race or two.
    Yeah, Slater is such a joke. Sometimes I wonder if he's paying attention at the video feed all while commenting.

A tenner a month is fair enough. Though I'd resent paying a tenner to see Steve Ryder's big microphone hand.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yeah, Slater is such a joke. Sometimes I wonder if he's paying attention at the video feed all while commenting.
    Steve stoned Ryder

I doubt that they will share commentating teams Brundle already said on his twitter that he has received offers from both Sky and BBC. I think what was ment is that they might be sharing equipment like cameras and stuff.

Confirmed: Sky Sports F1 HD.

http://f1.sky.com/#home

The future is RED

Sky Sports launches F1 Channel / BBC confirm their 10 live races

Forza Ferrari

so free on sky if you take sports or HD lol so not all that free really, think I will ditch the sports and take HD which is the cheaper option.
    Forza Ferrari

No mention of that rumoured £10/month for Freeview customers then, which is a shame.

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    No mention of that rumoured £10/month for Freeview customers then, which is a shame.
    Might still come, HD for Sky is about £10 so would fit in with that
    Forza Ferrari

So, the cheapest you can get F1 on Sky is:

£30.25 - Basic channels pack at £20pm plus £10 for HD.
    £35.25 - Basic channels + Extra at £25pm plus £10 HD.

That's still a lot, but significantly better than the £45-£50 I was expecting to pay because of having to include sports at about £20pm.

They've still put their prices up for the basics though.

You can haggle them for cheaper HD most people get it half price for a year
    Forza Ferrari

You can haggle them for cheaper HD most people get it half price for a year
    Think Hayley had it for £2pm. Well, her Mum did.

I will go back to using my dad's account to watch sports on Xbox and just get the HD pack
    Forza Ferrari

I will go back to using my dad's account to watch sports on Xbox and just get the HD pack

We'll be announcing our full 2012 Formula 1™ commentary team very soon. Watch this space for the big announcement.