Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

You're all welcome to her.

Sky Sports F1 HD: Your Questions Answered

Ever since the announcement that F1 is to be given the full Sky Sports treatment on our dedicated Sky Sports F1 HD channel, we've been inundated with your questions about our plans and how the channel will operate. Which gives us the perfect excuse to tell you as much as we can about Sky Sports HD F1 by answering the questions we've been busy answering on our Sky Sports F1 twitter account...

Will the race be interrupted by adverts?
    In a word: no.

But Bazz up the pub last night insisted that all the grands prix would be full of adverts...
    We're aware that there's been plenty of false rumouring doing the rounds about our coverage, but here's one thing you can be certain of: Sky Sports F1 HD will be broadcasting all of next season's races live and uninterrupted by adverts. Promise. And say hi to Bazz from us.

How can I receive the new channel?
    Sky Sports F1 HD is available to all Sky customers who are either subscribed to Sky Sports 1&2 or our HD service.

Wait a minute. I'm already subscribed to Sky Sports. Will I be receiving the F1 channel for no extra charge then?
    Yes.

Wait a minute for me too. I already subscribe to the HD pack. So F1 will be added to my package at no extra cost as well?
    Correct.

I'm not currently a Sky subscriber. How can I join to receive the F1 channel?
    By subscribing either to our Sky Sports package or to our HD service.

How much will it cost?
    Check out this link for all the details. If you can forgive a plug...it also currently includes a special 'Get Sky' offer that's valid until December 14.

I'm a Sky Sports subscriber in Ireland. Will I be able to receive the channel?
    Yes.

When will the channel launch?
    March. We can't tell you at this stage the exact date but it's reasonable to assume that it will be before the 18th...

What exactly will the channel show?
    Every race, every qualifying session, every practice session. From every grand prix from March to November.

So 'everything' then?
    You said that, not us.

Ok, but is there anything else you can tell us?
    The channel will also be broadcasting weekly magazine shows, in-depth interviews and archive action. So stay tuned.

Is there anything we can see at this stage?
    Try this snippet on our official youtube page.

Will the channel be available on Virgin and BT Vision?
    Excuse the fence-sitting non-reply, but it's an issue we're still investigating. As soon as we know for certain, we'll let you know.

Will it be available on Sky Go?
    Yup.

And what will be shown on the Red Button service?
    We're still working on that, but we can tell you that our interactive service will include on-board cameras and plenty of features designed to take F1 fans deeper inside the sport.

What's the intro music going to be?
    Our lips are sealed. In case we start humming.

Who will be joining Martin Brundle as part of the commentary team?
    Sorry, that's still a secret. But all will be revealed soon. Possibly very soon...

What else should we know?
    Well, be sure to follow us on twitter and add SkySports.com/F1 to your favourites if you want to stay in the know.
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7354148/

Hmmm I notice it says they will be showing all the RACES without adverts. What about practice and qualifying? Admittedly at least they could squeeze in ads between quali sessions I guess, on the BBC it was always just EJ wittering on anyhow.
    Forza Jules

EJ going to Sky?

They should have hushed that up!

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Folks stay cool.....I am sure your UK SKy coverage will be similar to what we get in Germany.....last ads before the race are about 5 minutes before the start (good for a quick pee break if like me you get totally over excited before the start) and we get all practices and qualis also with zero ads.......ie ads only before and after any sessions or race. And the sods are thinking of dropping us.......have cancelled my sub till we get more news or may just be forced to move house/country or whatever......
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

To be honest it's looking better than I thought... but still it is very crucial who will accompany Martin Brundle.
    DC is great, but in my opinion he can get a little too analytical at times and is not as exciting to listen to as some previous commentators.

Forza Ferrari

that funny. Steve Ryder on fire. Ted, answer the question. And Jake, BBC isnt free.

just watched the Vettel speach, that is funny aswell.
    Last edited by Rob; 6th December 2011 at 11:12.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

EJ is staying with the BBC. From about 20 minutes in he talks about it -

http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/...2D12%2D2011%3A
    Forza Jules

Sky got more appealing
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah it just paid for itself.
    Forza Jules

He's shirts will be missed.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Looks like Georgie Thompson will also be confirmed by Sky for their F1 team. That alone is worth the subscription fee! :xmasbiggrin:

Lee McKenzie eat your heart out. :xmasbiggrin:

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Looks like Georgie Thompson will also be confirmed by Sky for their F1 team. That alone is worth the subscription fee! :xmasbiggrin:

Lee McKenzie eat your heart out. :xmasbiggrin:
    Cheeeers! :xmasbiggrin:

Sky reveals their full F1 line-up http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...l-2012-F1-team

So glad Georgie Thompson will be there!

The future is RED

Sky reveals their full F1 line-up http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...l-2012-F1-team

So glad Georgie Thompson will be there!
    that good to hear that Ant will be still commentating. Good line up.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

With that line-up (especially Georgie Thompson) I'm not going back to BBC.
    Last edited by TheProdigalSon; 7th December 2011 at 11:24.

Nice line up
    Forza Ferrari

I'm not familiar with Georgie Thompson. What's her background & appearence? Pictures welcome. :xmasbiggrin:

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Raikkonen View Post
    I'm not familiar with Georgie Thompson. What's her background & appearence? Pictures welcome. :xmasbiggrin:
    Google Images Ant. Some of those won't be quite appropriate for this forum! :xmaswink: :xmasbiggrin:

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mmmmm, nice league table. My local team 2nd :xmasbiggrin:

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Does she know anything about F1, though? I'd like them to get a female presenter who is actually a fan rather than there to be a dolly bird.
    Forza Jules

Ooh my, even Natalie Pinkham is suddenly looking more interesting! :xmasbiggrin:

The future is RED

I think this SKY thing definitely has a lot of potential now, and they seem to be pulling out all the stops with regards to coverage and presenters.

@skysportspete
    Btw, Ted K has revealed that the new channel will be on air on the Sunday of each grand prix in time to show the drivers' parade...
    I do wish things could be different though, it's not fair that some people will not be able to afford it and will have to put up with BBC highlights for half the races.
    Forza Jules

I do wish things could be different though, it's not fair that some people will not be able to afford it and will have to put up with BBC highlights for half the races.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly.
    I know appealing to an 'older' audience isn't the height of cool, but I simply can't forgive the BBC selling out if for no other reason than that my father, (yes my father so he is very, very old!) has moved into residential care recently. There is no chance of him watching Sky. A fervent F1 enthusiast almost since the start of it, part of the generation that made F1 'free to air', he will no longer be able to do just that.
    Shame on the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Shame Shrewsbury arn't still top of league 2.

isnt she the one that got caught up with the Andy Gray stuff? anyways, the team looks good. but i bet that show that ted, Natalie and Georgie are presenting will be full of socalled ferrari crisises. now, i just have to find a justing TV channel that shows this

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I live in Portugal and I have been enquring about getting a new card for my satelitte and they want £40 a month and £130 for a new card! I can not afford this and will not be able to get it as I do not have a uk bank account or credit cards. Totally gutted that I will never be able to afford to get it, if anyone has a spare box and card they want to donate I am open to offers!!:xmaswink:

I'd prefer a presenter who knew something about F1 rather than a stupid barbie doll who cares more about exposing her cleavage than anything else. I don't see why people would tune in just to see Georgie - there are millions of videos on the internet for that sort of stuff.