Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

and i thought the BBC were bad when forgetting about all us Ferrari fans in UK, apart from once every 2 months.
    i hope im wrong, but sky seem to think that only mclaren with their brits are challengers to RB.

i suppose it is up to us to set them right

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    and i thought the BBC were bad when forgetting about all us Ferrari fans in UK, apart from once every 2 months.
    i hope im wrong, but sky seem to think that only mclaren with their brits are challengers to RB.

i suppose it is up to us to set them right
    Where have you got that idea from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Where have you got that idea from?
    Just general interviews they have had with brundle, hill, Ted etc.
    And those trailers. I mean, illwait until I see it, but every interview is the same, with some really irritating stupid questions like, 'last season was boring will this one be boring too?' then they waffle about vettel, and then the good old 'British interest' in McLaren, talk up DiResta, and sky themselves, and that's about it.
    I don't doubt their coverage will be very good quality, but it just seems even more off when in Skysports news they spend a lot of detail in the UCL scores etc. then for the f1, it's just vettel's on pole, Brits positions, then move on.

To be honest I don't even know why I care, I'll only be watching it if my streams are luckily English commentary.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

in Skysports news they spend a lot of detail in the UCL scores etc. then for the f1, it's just vettel's on pole, Brits positions, then move on.
    Hopefully with a dedicated F1 channel, there won't be this problem, though.
    Forza Jules

And those trailers. I mean, illwait until I see it, but every interview is the same, with some really irritating stupid questions like, 'last season was boring will this one be boring too?' then they waffle about vettel, and then the good old 'British interest' in McLaren, talk up DiResta, and sky themselves, and that's about it.
    I don't doubt their coverage will be very good quality, but it just seems even more off when in Skysports news they spend a lot of detail in the UCL scores etc. then for the f1, it's just vettel's on pole, Brits positions, then move on.

To be honest I don't even know why I care, I'll only be watching it if my streams are luckily English commentary.
    I think that's mainly because apart from the sports that Sky has rights to show live, they never pay too much airtime to anything else on Sky Sports News. It should be different once the F1 season starts and onwards from then. To be honest, as I've said before, I think they do a pretty good job with their cricket and football coverage, unbiased punditry and just a lot of air time. So I'm hopeful they'll do a good job with F1.

The future is RED

I read that Brundle and Ted were slightly annoyed with that on Beeb, that they only sometimes touched on Ferrari (and our troubles) and didnt do much coverage on back of grid teams. So, im sure it will be alot different with a whole channel to our loved sport. I was against the idea at first, but look what Sky money has done for the Prem League.

The coverage, im sure will be the same or even better. Just look it the footy and cricket coverage. Think we in for good shows and great F1 channel.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I agree about various interviews that people were biased but I don't see how you can say the trailers for Sky are at all biased. They show a whole range of teams, bits of Alonso and Ferrari and not much of McLaren. Really interesting, good trailers IMO.

Still haven't quite worked out what I'm going to do. Don't have Sky and not going to get it. I don't know why but I've always seen Sky as like 'the enemy' if that makes any sort of sense, It's like private medical care - 'look what you can have if you're rich' I could afford it but I refuse to pay that amount of money. Even if it is to see a sport I love. (and yes I am going to Monaco with grandstand tickets - I know it doesn't make sense)
    Australia and Malaysia I can deal with as they are early mornings so I'll watch the extended highlights at lunchtime. Then the BBC are showing China. Bahrain I'll have to like with the highlights - but hey it's Bahrain. Then BBC are showing Spain and I'll be at Monaco.
    Haven't really thought past that at the moment

When it comes down to it BBC are the ones that shafted us, as much some people don't like Sky it's the only logical option if you're willing to let you're enjoyment for F1 eclipse the negative feelings towards Sky.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by redsteph View Post
    Still haven't quite worked out what I'm going to do. Don't have Sky and not going to get it. I don't know why but I've always seen Sky as like 'the enemy' if that makes any sort of sense, It's like private medical care - 'look what you can have if you're rich' I could afford it but I refuse to pay that amount of money. Even if it is to see a sport I love. (and yes I am going to Monaco with grandstand tickets - I know it doesn't make sense)
    Australia and Malaysia I can deal with as they are early mornings so I'll watch the extended highlights at lunchtime. Then the BBC are showing China. Bahrain I'll have to like with the highlights - but hey it's Bahrain. Then BBC are showing Spain and I'll be at Monaco.
    Haven't really thought past that at the moment
    Do you have a friend or relative who has Sky? AFAIK, through Sky Go you can register a laptop and, I think, one other portable device for free and get the same channels as the subscriber via the net..as long as they are OK with it and have not already registered their own portable devices.
    Trying to be less angry..

that's good to know. Don't think any of my friends have Sky Sports but I'll bear it in mind

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    When it comes down to it BBC are the ones that shafted us, as much some people don't like Sky it's the only logical option if you're willing to let you're enjoyment for F1 eclipse the negative feelings towards Sky.
    Agreed. Although I have Sky I'm not crazy about them either, but I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face and not upgrade to HD to get the F1 channel.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    When it comes down to it BBC are the ones that shafted us, .

+1

Sky is showing GP2 and GP3 live on the new F1 channel
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sky is showing GP2 and GP3 live on the new F1 channel
    It's good that it will have a proper spot. On Eurosport it was always all over the place.

Yeah I was really hoping they'll show GP2 and GP3 live, so I'm happy with this. Eurosport's coverage was really all over the shop.

And apparently Sky will use the world feed commentary, so it'll be Will Buxton as main commentator. Epic mega fever (or something)!

The future is RED

What did anyone watching the Sky F1 channel last night think of it? I really liked the interviews with Emerson Fittipaldi and Jackie Stewart, despite Steve Rider.

Reserving judgement on the magazine show for now as it's early days. I don't really like the studio as it's very bright, brash and very 'Sky', and I could do without seeing and hearing Damon Hill. The touchscreen bit was great though, although I think we all know why Georgie Thompson has got that gig and it's evidently not for her love of F1.

Never seen Simon Lazenby before but he seems inoffensive enough... then again that's how Jake Humphrey started.

Don't see the point of that Fenner(?) person, particularly as I have since learnt he's from Soccer AM (why must Sky shoehorn football into EVERYTHING).

BUT...

...NO EJ
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    What did anyone watching the Sky F1 channel last night think of it? I really liked the interviews with Emerson Fittipaldi and Jackie Stewart, despite Steve Rider.

Reserving judgement on the magazine show for now as it's early days. I don't really like the studio as it's very bright, brash and very 'Sky', and I could do without seeing and hearing Damon Hill. The touchscreen bit was great though, although I think we all know why Georgie Thompson has got that gig and it's evidently not for her love of F1.

Never seen Simon Lazenby before but he seems inoffensive enough... then again that's how Jake Humphrey started.

Don't see the point of that Fenner(?) person, particularly as I have since learnt he's from Soccer AM (why must Sky shoehorn football into EVERYTHING).

BUT...

...NO EJ
    impressed by him a lot. i also liked how they did not try to just speak to casual viewers, which can get annoying at times. they assumed that their viewers had a general knowledge of F1.

I loved Fenners, but i guess i love football, and soccer am.

It was good, early days still. Fenners? whooooooo????
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Thought it was a bit boring, could have fitted it into an hour with less ad breaks to be fair they really ain't got much material to work with.
    Forza Ferrari

I loved it, thought it was really good.

Given the budgets they have available to play with, I think it's a very promising start.

All the technical stuff they're doing is great, and particularly that virtual car thing with Ted is just unreal! That was a bit showing off, but I thought it was really cool.

Haven't seen much of Simon Lazenby before, apparently he used to front their rugby coverage. But given how Jake Humphrey went from his first year to the next, I'll reserve judgement on him for now.

I'm really excited about the Crofty-Brundle commentary partnership. Think Brundle works much better as a co-commentator than lead, and I've been wanting to see Crofty as lead commentator (for tv coverage) for a while now. Best thing I like about Crofty is his voice, he can make even the most mundane things sound really exciting, he has that passionate element in his voice.

Also looks like Ted will have a much more prominent role as well. I'm sure I've read somewhere Sky mention that he'll constantly have a cameraman with him, so he won't be just a voice on the radio like on the beeb every now and then. As long as they can get Ted to curb down his McLaren bias a little bit, I like him.

Also, as Suzie said, I loved the interviews with Emerson Fittipaldi and Sir Jackie Stewart. Despite Steve Rider, I can see myself loving that Legends program.

I've also been watching all the season reviews they've been showing so far, another excellent addition.

Oh, and Georgie Thompson...

The future is RED

Please, is 5 Live covering every race, real time?

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Please, is 5 Live covering every race, real time?
    They certainly are, live commentary on every practice session, qualifying and the race. Ben Edwards and James Allen doing the commentary.

The future is RED

Sure Ben Edwards is on the tv, think it's James Allen, Jaime Aguerrarrarrriiblocker and some chick
    Forza Ferrari

Sure Ben Edwards is on the tv, think it's James Allen, Jaime Aguerrarrarrriiblocker and some chick

Oh yeah, my bad, think it's Ben Edwards and DC doing the BBC tv commentary, and James Allen and Algebra on the radio then?

The future is RED

@503 & 504 thanks very much both. you will have made one very old man (92) happy when I can fix him up with a suitable radio for races. Where he is now he has no access to non terrestrial stations. He's been following F1 for years and I have the unhappy job of tellig him he wont be able to watch half of them for weeks to come. (Thanks very much BBC)

Cheers

Ted Kravitz has it in for Ferrari doesn't he?
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Those without Sky can watch for free on vipbox just been watching the new channel looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Do you have a friend or relative who has Sky? AFAIK, through Sky Go you can register a laptop and, I think, one other portable device for free and get the same channels as the subscriber via the net..as long as they are OK with it and have not already registered their own portable devices.
    I have done this. My mate has sky hd package and he does not watch F1 or anything online.So I asked him if I can have his details to create an online account. He passed me his details and I registered my laptop. I will plug it to my telly through hdmi out on my laptop and will be able to watch every race live. I know the quality won't be anywhere hd but hey it's free.
    Red is the only color!!!

Thought it was a bit boring, could have fitted it into an hour with less ad breaks to be fair they really ain't got much material to work with.
    Ah but if they had made the programme an hour long they would have had to repeat it twice as often to be able to fit in all of those vital ad-breaks advertising the Sky+HD F1 Channel that you were already watching and subscribed to

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"