Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Alonso View Post
    Nope. Do they both commentate on practice too?
    Um... not actually sure to be honest! I'd read a few people saying they weren't great and just wondered.
    Forza Jules

Not listened to them and don't really plan too
    Forza Ferrari

I think the Sky guys are better (in practice) tbh.
    Last edited by Sianellen; 25th April 2012 at 22:07.

I definetly prefer Sky on the race commentary. I listened to 5 live practice commentary which didn't really do it for me compared to the Crofty/Ant combo which is far more interesting, and as much as Ted does my head in sometimes with his biased views he's good at what he does.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

I think Ben Edwards and DC aren't bad, but definitely prefer the Sky commentary overall.

By the way, is it just me who struggles to fully understand everything Gary Anderson says?

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by epiclyaddicted View Post

By the way, is it just me who struggles to fully understand everything Gary Anderson says?

Awww. He's from Coleraine, (on the North coast of Northern Ireland), which admittedly isn't the most common accent to hear on TV. There's a very unique accent up round there which I guess can be tough for some to work out at first. If you think he's bad, you should try watching the likes of the North West 200 and TT this year and see if you can understand the Dunlop brothers
    Forza Jules

Awww now Suzie that accent grows on you and I should know as I went to school in Coleraine.
    Personally I think Gary Anderson is a breath of fresh air giving a very technical unbiased commentary.
    I also like Ben Edwards, love his excitement for racing soooooo very Murray like.
    You are right the Dunlop brothers would challenge most people unaccustomed to the broad accent of the north Antrim coast.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post

Awww. He's from Coleraine, (on the North coast of Northern Ireland), which admittedly isn't the most common accent to hear on TV. There's a very unique accent up round there which I guess can be tough for some to work out at first. If you think he's bad, you should try watching the likes of the North West 200 and TT this year and see if you can understand the Dunlop brothers
    Hehe, I always have to put the sound up high and pay really close attention when Gary Anderson's speaking.

Theodore and his unicycle is definitely easier on the ears, what with his shouty RED Bull and all.

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Awww now Suzie that accent grows on you and I should know as I went to school in Coleraine.
    Personally I think Gary Anderson is a breath of fresh air giving a very technical unbiased commentary.
    I also like Ben Edwards, love his excitement for racing soooooo very Murray like.
    You are right the Dunlop brothers would challenge most people unaccustomed to the broad accent of the north Antrim coast.
    Oooh! I didn't know you were from 'here', RB
    Forza Jules

Sky Vs BBC

Crofty or Ben? :

Ben for Me. Crofty is good but not as good as Ben - all things considered.

Brundle or DC?:

Brundle, but I can't say I miss him THAT much when he's not there. Plus, DC can be quite biting with his comments, which are fun.

Ted Vs. Gary?:

Has to be Gary really. It's a choice between Gary telling you something interesting in an accent you may be unfamiliar with and Theodore Slotover (Ted's real name) telling me that something in the Red Bull/Macca garage is interesting purely because he starts his sentences with "Interestingly, i'm down in the [insert non Ferrari team name here] garage......"

Natalie Vs. Lee: I like Natalie - she's pretty active and has a nice style, however - Lee is basically fabulous and she's the woman who goaded Lewis Hamilton into making an idiot of himself with racist comments in Monaco and Barrichello to Blah Blah Blah his way into controversy in 2009 so i'm going with her.

Georgie Thompson Vs. Eddie Jordan?:

Hmmmm..... perennial spouter of made up stuff in purple suede shoes Vs. extremely short script reading pseudo eye candy dressed up for a night on the town in a skirt with some sort of frilled pelmet attached. Well given that neither serve any purpose whatsoever i'll go for the one that knows the most about F1 in 2012..... actually, that's not fair, ill go for EJ instead just because he gave Michael Schumacher a break in F1 (I think he's mentioned that a couple of times)

Damon Hill Vs. Ant Davidson (ran out of BBC pundits):

Ok, Ant knows how to press buttons in Sky pads but the sheer comedy value of Damon's fidgety uncomfortable posturing, looking anywhere but the camera, and stumbling over trying to sum up his ever changing political stance on why he doesn't want to go to / is happy to be in / wished he hadn't gone to Bahrain is more fun than Ant trading scripted lines with George.

On the whole: Will watch the BBC if its live and catch up on the other bits on Sky I think (always good to fast forward adverts and Georgie I find )
    Last edited by Tifosi; 26th April 2012 at 15:23.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Tifosi @610 a skirt with some sort of frilled pelmet attached.

A peplum, it's called a peplum! Do try to keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Sky Vs BBC

Ok, Ant knows how to press buttons in Sky pads but the sheer comedy value of Damon's fidgety uncomfortable posturing, looking anywhere but the camera, and stumbling over trying to sum up his ever changing political stance on why he doesn't want to go to / is happy to be in / wished he hadn't gone to Bahrain is more fun than Ant trading scripted lines with George.

I thought Damon DID look at the camera,when pulling his funny faces???

I can't keep up

Just saw the F1 show. Okay until Mugello report. Didn't know McTed had gone from Informative bias, to rubbish theories, and barefaced lies.
    Seems like heh and the others have an agenda, and I am sick of having them being given the job to inform us, tell this rubbish to the people. Yeah, Alonso was a massive picture of frustration. .

They are probably just butthurt that Ferrari are back, and will get their beloved in Spain, but still...

Horse whisperer please.

Sorry if this is a little strong, but it seems like sky is regressing into itv days.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

It's annoying how he was so dismissive of the new Ferrari exhaust and how he ignored all our other updates, plus the updates from other team. For a dedicated F1 channel, the review of testing was way too brief. Also, i don't know why they assume Alonso would get frustrated. Alonso is similar to Schumacher in that he will work hard with the team and not complain.

Kravitz is an idiot, I couldn't care less what he talks about anymore.
    SCUDERIA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Yeah, Alonso was a massive picture of frustration. .
    Kravitz hate Alonso with all his guts and he can't hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Kravitz hate Alonso with all his guts and he can't hide it.
    Yep he loves Hamilton and hates Alonso, and ironically it is Hamilton that is more likely to throw his toys out of the pram for not having a good enough car, as was the case last season.

Sky F1 is showing live drivers press conference today at 2pm (UK time)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by epiclyaddicted View Post
    My goodness it's hard to understand him. I'm not english, so find it almost impossible to understand what he is going on about. It's very frustrating.

Greig @ 618

Thanks for that.

Shame is I have to go out precisely then. Wonder if I can record from Sky F1 to watch later. Will try and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sky F1 is showing live drivers press conference today at 2pm (UK time)
    oh noooo!!! i have to see if on again later, didnt realise they were showing that
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Badass conference from Fernando and Vettel, funny and kicking the journos in the ass.

It's on again tonight at 7pm.
    Forza Ferrari

That's just great. Is Sky available in other countries in Europe besides the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's on again tonight at 7pm.
    nice 1 cheers mate, Keira watching Peppa Pig atmo. Try to turn off but.... bles her
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well that was fun!!

No doubting who the boss is I supose it helps that the all rest were dressed in black and/ or white and Fernando in bright red, bang in the middle.

Regarding expectations for the Spanish GP I don't know whether to be happy or downcast....
    Re. Mugello test:-
    Fer: We didn't have any big improvements in the car......what we tested were different set-ups and certain things that we miss(ed) from the winter test....minimum change in the car......the car felt the same.......we had some ideas in terms of set-up and some possiblities that we were not introducing in the first 4 races....

Here's hoping....

Seb was funny taking the mic out of Fernando ...

Rob... It's on again at 23.40...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Seb was funny taking the mic out of Fernando ...
    Yeah that was great
    Aside from that bit, I have never seen a group of people look so utterly bored.
    Forza Jules

How many words did Kimi say?

They did look totally bored though.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Sky Vs BBC

Crofty or Ben? :

Ben for Me. Crofty is good but not as good as Ben - all things considered.

Brundle or DC?:

Brundle, but I can't say I miss him THAT much when he's not there. Plus, DC can be quite biting with his comments, which are fun.

Ted Vs. Gary?:

Has to be Gary really. It's a choice between Gary telling you something interesting in an accent you may be unfamiliar with and Theodore Slotover (Ted's real name) telling me that something in the Red Bull/Macca garage is interesting purely because he starts his sentences with "Interestingly, i'm down in the [insert non Ferrari team name here] garage......"

Natalie Vs. Lee: I like Natalie - she's pretty active and has a nice style, however - Lee is basically fabulous and she's the woman who goaded Lewis Hamilton into making an idiot of himself with racist comments in Monaco and Barrichello to Blah Blah Blah his way into controversy in 2009 so i'm going with her.

Georgie Thompson Vs. Eddie Jordan?:

Hmmmm..... perennial spouter of made up stuff in purple suede shoes Vs. extremely short script reading pseudo eye candy dressed up for a night on the town in a skirt with some sort of frilled pelmet attached. Well given that neither serve any purpose whatsoever i'll go for the one that knows the most about F1 in 2012..... actually, that's not fair, ill go for EJ instead just because he gave Michael Schumacher a break in F1 (I think he's mentioned that a couple of times)

On the whole: Will watch the BBC if its live and catch up on the other bits on Sky I think (always good to fast forward adverts and Georgie I find )
    You forgot Jaime