Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

The BBC have unpacked Legard from the box they put him in to commentate on practice. Sky have McNish whose voice is just lovely and I could listen to all day

Was going to watch BBC in a bit, but now I know that I have no need
    Forza Ferrari

BBC were very good today, and they showed sme Ferrari guys!
    But I really like GA, even though I sometimes don't agree with him, he knows so much and his insights are brilliant.

Contrast this to this tripe.
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/12870/7839599

Blatantly making stuff up, and the bitterness there is so obvious. Having to pay extra for that rubbish, is just wrong. Sky in general has lacked compared to BBC.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

what did he make up? Sky was all over Ferrari after the race.
    Forza Ferrari

infarness to sky they were in the ferrari garage interviewing Fry and domenicalli after the win and showing all the best bits ferrari related... we jst may give em more wins to continue showing our best bits......
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    what did he make up? Sky was all over Ferrari after the race.
    Like when he said Webber was asking for a penalty for Schumi. Now I am no expert, but I don't think Webber was going at it Barca style and appealing for a penalty, really.

I have just not been that impressed with them lately.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I seen Webber interview and he was on about how his 4th should move up to 3rd. And he complained on the radio about MS doing it?
    Forza Ferrari

DC and Gary Anderson are both great, I enjoy DC's gridwalks more than Martin's nowadays.

It's hard to choose between the channels to be honest. On the one hand, Sky's presenter and pundits are a bit dry and long-winded at times, but the BBC have Eddie Jordan, who just spews out constant rubbish.
    Forza Jules

I seen Webber interview and he was on about how his 4th should move up to 3rd. And he complained on the radio about MS doing it?
    Well I guess I was wrong then. My mistake.

But I still don't
    I've the way in which the tone was of that vid.

I initially thought I'd like Sky's coverage but I hate Ted Crapitz and his constant waffle and love for McLaren and I kinda hate Brundle's arrogance during the pit walk, he carries on like every other reporter should let him speak first. Also Simon Lazenby comes across like an F1 novice you meet in the pub blurting out rubbish like an enthusiastic know it all.

I like DC and Gary Anderson, and Ben Edwards who I use to listen to back when Eurosport covered F1, but would like to see less of Eddie Jordan as he waffles most of the time.

In SA we only get the BBC feed and there is no parts of Eddie Jordan shown to us... lol

I think the BBC coverage has improved greatly this year.
    They have got rid of most of the dead wood especially on race day.
    I just love Gary Anderson because he is so knowledgeable and tells it how it is. No favourites for him.
    What a change from Ted Kravitz who was up Macca's backside so far there was no return!!!!!!
    Ben Edwards is just a reincarnation of Murray--I just love how excited he gets.
    DC is so much better without Martin----I was never that keen on him but now I think he's great.
    As for Eddie well he provides a bit of comedy & finds himself eating his own words at the end of the race!!!!!
    He can run down Ferrari any day as long as it provides results like yesterday-----now Eddie just give Felipe a bit of your mind and he could win the next one!!!!!
    If only we could have full BBC coverage at every race.

Forza Jules

You guys should try and watch the Australian coverage, it makes me cringe listening to the hosts.

Best thing about Sky F1 is Georgie Thompson, what a body
    Worst thing about Sky F1 Ted Crapitz, annoying so and so

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJay View Post
    Best thing about Sky F1 is Georgie Thompson, what a body
    I decided to "google it" and after reading this and thought I must be missing something.... and Wow, She's really modest with her looks during her F1 pre-race presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I decided to "google it" and after reading this and thought I must be missing something.... and Wow, She's really modest with her looks during her F1 pre-race presentation.
    She looks good in those tight dresses she wears

Sky Sports is free this weekend for anyone with Sky and might want to check out their F1 coverage - http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...4/Free-weekend
    Forza Ferrari

Sky Sports is free this weekend for anyone with Sky and might want to check out their F1 coverage - http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...4/Free-weekend
    Sky

Not for me I think...

Well, as long as I get to watch the race... I may need to use the mute button on my remote though They are so biased towards Mclaren and Red Bull... But I guess the BBC are no better :(
    "It's not about how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up"

RIP Marco Simoncelli and Dan Wheldon

Also on Virgin!
    Just tune to any sky sports channel (incl. F1) and it's there.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by felipefan4ever View Post
    I may need to use the mute button on my remote though
    As many others...

Humphrey latest to quit as BBC admit they can’t compete with Sky and BT Vision
    By RIK SHARMA
    PUBLISHED: 11:15, 18 September 2012 | UPDATED: 11:34, 18 September 2012

Jake Humphrey will leave the BBC to front BT Vision's coverage of the Barclays Premier League from the start of the 2013-14 season.
    The Formula One presenter was the youngest ever presenter to work on Football Focus, Match of the Day and Final Score, having risen through the ranks of the organisation.
    It is another blow for the broadcaster after Lee Dixon announced in July he was leaving for rivals ITV to join Adrian Chiles for coverage of Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup games, as well as England internationals.

George Entwhistle, the new director general of the BBC, has admitted it is impossible to cope with the challenge from Sky and BT.
    The 50-year-old told the Radio Times: 'Look at the latest BT/Sky Premier League deal, that comes in at about £6.5 million per football game. We are simply no longer in that class.'
    Humphrey started at the BBC in the CBBC department, presenting shows including Sportsround and Newsround, before in 2007 switching to sports shows.
    He has also presented African Cup of Nations, Olympics and Superbowl coverage with the BBC, but is best known for his Formula One work.
    Humphrey said: 'I’m incredibly excited to be joining the team at BT not just because I get to fulfil a lifelong dream of presenting the Barclays Premier League but because of the fresh perspective that BT will bring to both sport and broadcasting in this country.
    'To be a part of this young, vibrant team who are as passionate about sport, as I am, is a privilege.

'I've grown up at the BBC, and whilst I hope to work with them in the future, I'd also like to place on record my thanks to them. I am incredibly grateful to all colleagues, and of course the viewers, for their incredible support from CBBC all the way to Formula 1.
    'My focus from the start of 2013 is on making BT's coverage of football the best this country has ever seen.'
    The 33-year-old has signed a four year deal with BT as they embark on their new venture. In June they won the rights to show 38 live games a season for three years, including 18 first choice matches.
    Marc Watson, chief executive of BT Vision, said: 'We are absolutely delighted that Jake has chosen to join our new sports channel to anchor our Premier League programming.

'Jake is a tremendously experienced and popular sports broadcaster and a fresh, young and innovative talent.
    'He impressed us with his willingness to get deeply involved in the development of our live football programming and we took into account his track record of excellent presenting across many sports.
    'He fits our plans for the new channel perfectly and we are very excited to be working with him.'
    More to follow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

If they give Lee the lead role I might watch more of the BBC coverage

Jake started out ok until he realised being anti-Ferrari is more suited to their coverage.
    Forza Ferrari

Wait, I thought Jake was oh-so passionate about a) the BBC and b) F1.

Also... what is BT Vision?!

Good riddance, hope he takes EJ with him. I think Lee would be a worthy replacement.
    Forza Jules

I reckon, whoever they are, BTVision pays more-----that transcends passion with Jake I guess.
    Lee would be a breath of fresh air.

Forza Jules

If they give Lee the lead role I might watch more of the BBC coverage

Jake started out ok until he realised being anti-Ferrari is more suited to their coverage.
    That why i never watched it this year, jumping on the Mclaren worshipping and anit-Ferrari comments and coverage really grated on me. Even when he has gone, dont think i will watch BBC again. Saying that, Sky coverage is good, but, Ted "oh, i have just popped into theMclaren garage" Kravitz, is really the same if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Wait, I thought Jake was oh-so passionate about a) the BBC and b) F1.

Also... what is BT Vision?!

Good riddance, hope he takes EJ with him. I think Lee would be a worthy replacement.
    I thought the same when heard about it. Think staying with Beeb this was only to do the Olympics. And F1 was way to get him in peoples faces to say oh he is good and refreshing presenter.

To be honest if BT offered me more money, then I would take that, and so would most people.

I don't blame Jake. I hope Lee doesn't get it, I find her voice a little 'Kimi like' and when she did the presenting while Jake was away, it wasn't the same IMO.

Good luck to Jake, he did well at the start, but like has been said became a Ferrari badger just like the rest.

Definitely Lee for front person