Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

Is there any official promo video clip for new season or for the 1st race

Ask and ye shall receive:

Looks like "The Sports Network" will continue to provide us with live coverage, here in Canada!!

Malaysia 1999 on Sky this evening
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Malaysia 1999 on Sky this evening
    I watched this - definitely one of my favourite Ferrari victories. I love this line from Brundle with a few laps to go:

"Schumacher has spent the whole race trying to go slowly and he's still 6 seconds in the lead!"

Lovely sour grapes from Ron at the end too. and also noticed how young Domenicalli looked!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    I watched this - definitely one of my favourite Ferrari victories. I love this line from Brundle with a few laps to go:

"Schumacher has spent the whole race trying to go slowly and he's still 6 seconds in the lead!"

Lovely sour grapes from Ron at the end too. and also noticed how young Domenicalli looked!
    If I'm not mistaken, Eddie Irvine won the 1999 Malaysian GP...Schumacher came second.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Eddie Irvine won the 1999 Malaysian GP...Schumacher came second.
    He did. But Schumacher let him through with a few laps remaining.

Hi all, had a call from sky today and they say that sky F1 HD is being removed from HD pack. So that means to have F1 on sky you must subscribe to sky sports at a cost of £21.00 pcm extra. Nice!!!!!!

I think its being removed early April from the HD pack, but if you already have the HD pack then you will still get it.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by grinchy View Post
    Hi all, had a call from sky today and they say that sky F1 HD is being removed from HD pack. So that means to have F1 on sky you must subscribe to sky sports at a cost of £21.00 pcm extra. Nice!!!!!!
    Just spoke to Sky advisor on-line...
    F1 HD package is available with any HD Package.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Just spoke to Sky advisor on-line...
    F1 HD package is available with any HD Package.
    I was advised by the agent that F1 will be moving off HD pack in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by grinchy View Post
    I was advised by the agent that F1 will be moving off HD pack in 2 weeks.

I will do it again and ask.

Thought it would be bit naughty of Sky to change it and only get it with Sports package just after season started and not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

I will do it again and ask.

Thought it would be bit naughty of Sky to change it and only get it with Sports package just after season started and not before.
    Hi, just checked again and its correct F1 is moving away from HD pack. and yes i'm gutted its gonna cost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I think its being removed early April from the HD pack, but if you already have the HD pack then you will still get it.
    Yeah that's my understanding as well.
    I hope so, because I just couldn't stretch to an extra £20 a month, even if it's for F1
    Forza Jules

Yeah that's my understanding as well.
    I hope so, because I just couldn't stretch to an extra £20 a month, even if it's for F1
    Thats what i been told and how im reading the packages. Extra £20 a month, be hard right now.

They are offering F1 with the HD pack right now for half price for 6 months.
    Forza Ferrari

In the same boat as everyone else. An extra £20 for one channel that I'd watch in an entire sports pack is just too much to ask - even for F1. It's just about acceptable how it is at the minute but anymore is ridiculous frankly.

BUT subscribers to the HD pack currently will go through NO CHANGE.
    EDIT Grieg already explained, so ignore that.
    So you will only be affected by the new pricing if you haven't got the HD pack yet. but I think they will change it for everyone soon enough .

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

If they did this I would have to cancel HD and get the Sports which would be an extra £10 paying now, but I love it in HD.

But I really am sure if you have the HD pack now then it will not be changing and you will still get F1 on that. I think they will move it in with sports soon, but will probably make HD free.
    Forza Ferrari

I can see them moving it off the HD pack for existing customers next year. At which point, as mentioned above, you'll be paying another £20 a month unless they make HD free. I can't believe you still pay for HD now, it's so common-place, pretty much everyone has an HDTV nowadays. I can understand paying £20 for sports if you watch Football and Golf and others, it makes it worthwhile. But I'd literally just be watching the F1 channel and I think it's un-acceptable to make anyone pay the full package fee for a single channel.

I've no idea whether you could argue the point on the phone until they gave you it for a very reduced price (probably not). When I move house I simply don't see me being able to afford to pay £50 or more a month to get the F1 channel.

They should introduce a package that allows people to pay for ONLY the channels they watch, with a totally flexible system in that they could pay a premium to receive a channel for a day or so - like renting a move from an online store. Some channels could be more expensive than others and some would be free of course. The system should be like the Call Of Duty class setup - you have a number of slots for x price.

10 slots (10 channels) for £20. 30 slots for £30. etc. I could quite easily get the channels I want in the lowest package. You'd simply have to select only the channels that you really do use. I guarantee that would entice more people to have Sky - even if they receive less money per person, they'd have more customers to keep their income up.

Re: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

I just want to watch F1 and Game of Thrones, aside from those I have zero use for Sky :(

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
    Forza Jules

Just got this from sky adivsor...

There is no news on changing the channel and including it to Sports.

I feel lucky that my dad decided he loved premier league football enough to justify getting sky sports and that I can watch the F1 channel. Hopefully they don't take it off HD for everyone because I think they would lose a lot of subscribers who have already been forced into paying extra for F1 as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    I feel lucky that my dad decided he loved premier league football enough to justify getting sky sports and that I can watch the F1 channel. Hopefully they don't take it off HD for everyone because I think they would lose a lot of subscribers who have already been forced into paying extra for F1 as it is.
    You're right Sianellen, a lot of subscribers will just abandon it and the sport will lose out in the end, it's becoming too expensive to attend races and now to be able to watch them live will cost even more. Just a licence to print money and a real con, IMO.
    In fact it's downright disgraceful as I only got Sky in the first place for F1. So hope I can at least enjoy the basic HD package inc F1 (at extra cost)for another few months at least, but I'm not holding my breath. Shameful.

I spoke to someone at Sky and they said if you already have F1 on the HD pack then nothing will change and you will still get F1, it's only after April 9th that if you want F1 you will need to get the sports package. Also noticed they are doing 24hr access to Sky Sports for £9.99 which is not a great price really.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I spoke to someone at Sky and they said if you already have F1 on the HD pack then nothing will change and you will still get F1, it's only after April 9th that if you want F1 you will need to get the sports package. Also noticed they are doing 24hr access to Sky Sports for £9.99 which is not a great price really.
    Cool good to hear

if you know the right place to look you can get Sky F1 on your laptop for free

Got email form Sky today..

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
    I attempted to call you today to discuss the changes being made to the F1 channel, unfortunately I was unable to reach you.
    I would like to reassure you that, as an existing HD subscriber, you will not be affected by the change taking place. You will still be able to access the F1 channel as long as you continue to subscribe to the HD channels. The F1 channel is moving into the Sky Sports package in April and will only be available when Dual Sports is part of the subscription package for anyone who does not already subscribe to the HD pack.
    I hope this helps with your enquiry.
    Thanks
    Margaret
    Sky Help Centre

Hungary 2003 tonight at 9.30pm, part of the series of debut wins Sky are going to be showing.
    Forza Jules

Hungary 2003 tonight at 9.30pm, part of the series of debut wins Sky are going to be showing.
    Nice, i watch that. Hope they start showing earlier races, 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s.