Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2131415161718192021222324252627

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

Nando win? Sure the chin had a shocker and Rubens car fell to bits (on purpose from the bums orders).
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Nando win? Sure the chin had a shocker and Rubens car fell to bits (on purpose from the bums orders).

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I can see them moving it off the HD pack for existing customers next year. At which point, as mentioned above, you'll be paying another £20 a month unless they make HD free. I can't believe you still pay for HD now, it's so common-place, pretty much everyone has an HDTV nowadays. I can understand paying £20 for sports if you watch Football and Golf and others, it makes it worthwhile. But I'd literally just be watching the F1 channel and I think it's un-acceptable to make anyone pay the full package fee for a single channel.

I've no idea whether you could argue the point on the phone until they gave you it for a very reduced price (probably not). When I move house I simply don't see me being able to afford to pay £50 or more a month to get the F1 channel.

They should introduce a package that allows people to pay for ONLY the channels they watch, with a totally flexible system in that they could pay a premium to receive a channel for a day or so - like renting a move from an online store. Some channels could be more expensive than others and some would be free of course. The system should be like the Call Of Duty class setup - you have a number of slots for x price.

10 slots (10 channels) for £20. 30 slots for £30. etc. I could quite easily get the channels I want in the lowest package. You'd simply have to select only the channels that you really do use. I guarantee that would entice more people to have Sky - even if they receive less money per person, they'd have more customers to keep their income up.
    Great idea, Ste, but doubt they'd make anything easier for us punters when there's bound to be a catch whatever options we decide we need or want, it's a bit like this damn government that makes things unnecessarily complicated and wonder why people desert them in droves. We shouldn't have to pay extra for HD nowadays, if they were to remove that charge, then it would make more sense paying forSky Sports but I'd only ever watch F1. Can't win!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Just spoke to Sky advisor on-line...
    F1 HD package is available with any HD Package.
    Just been in touch with sky advisor again (third advisor) and says no change to F1 on HD pack if your a subscriber but a possibility it could all change in september?. Seems to me even sky are confused on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by grinchy View Post
    Just been in touch with sky advisor again (third advisor) and says no change to F1 on HD pack if your a subscriber but a possibility it could all change in september?. Seems to me even sky are confused on this one!
    Got this yesterday form Sky..

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
    I attempted to call you today to discuss the changes being made to the F1 channel, unfortunately I was unable to reach you.
    I would like to reassure you that, as an existing HD subscriber, you will not be affected by the change taking place. You will still be able to access the F1 channel as long as you continue to subscribe to the HD channels. The F1 channel is moving into the Sky Sports package in April and will only be available when Dual Sports is part of the subscription package for anyone who does not already subscribe to the HD pack.
    I hope this helps with your enquiry.
    Thanks
    Margaret
    Sky Help Centre
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE