Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

I will be waiting to see what races the BBC are going to show free, if they are not showing the early morning races then I can probably survive with a re-run or highlights of them and just avoid the internet till it is shown rather than getting Sky Sports to watch them live.
    Forza Ferrari

thanks, Ferrarichamp! will do...
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

Don't know if this would help anyone or if F1 will be available but Sky will soon be doing a Sky Monthly Ticket where you can watch Sky tv over the internet without needing a contract. Not sure if they will show the F1 though as they say they cannot show everything due to licensing and so some programs will be blacked out but it may be worth investigating. http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-go/get-it-now/

Yeah this could be a way to go - but I bet Bernie/Sky puts the kybosh on this so as to ensure that people sign up to the full package.

I am still not sure what I will be doing. I have Virgin cable already at home and getting Sky Sports would be relatively easy albeit extremely expensive - so was contemplating that. But yesterday a mate of mine - who has the full Sky Sports package as he is a big footy fan but also enjoys watching the GPs - has already given me an open invite for the races next season, plus on top of that my in-laws (well not legally but to all intents and purposes!) have the full pack the theirs, so I reckon I should be able to wangle it for next season.

Not trying to rub it in to those who will have no access at all - just saying that I am going to have to go to some length to avoid paying.

If anyone has parents or a friend with the Sky Sports package then you can use their account details to register on Sky Player (which I guess is this rebranded Sky Go now) and watch live tv online, just another option that might help out some fans get it cheaper
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If anyone has parents or a friend with the Sky Sports package then you can use their account details to register on Sky Player (which I guess is this rebranded Sky Go now) and watch live tv online, just another option that might help out some fans get it cheaper
    So does that mean I can use someone elses account details to watch it via xbox ?

I just feel uncomfortable about the whole thing tbh. As F1 fans I feel we have been sold down the river and unless people make a stand and refuse to tune into Sky we will probably end up not having any free-to-air coverage once the concorde agreement runs out That said I don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face and miss out !!!

Yeah you can Maria, I used my dad's Sky details to watch football via the Xbox, works pretty well too
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    So does that mean I can use someone elses account details to watch it via xbox ?
    Yes, if someone you know has Sky Sports, you can register a particular device with their account, i.e. your pc or your Xbox to watch it online.

The future is RED

Yeah you can Maria, I used my dad's Sky details to watch football via the Xbox, works pretty well too
    OK... I know a couple of people who have Sky Sports, I'll have to do a bit of sweet talking lol

Oh that's dead handy. If I do get Sky Sports and let's face it I probably will, at least I will be able to help someone else out.
    Forza Jules

You can register 1 x Xbox and 3 x PC's on a sky account

was going to bite the bullet and add the package at weekend. But, my in-law said that it Sky may bring out a deal end of year or even start next year for the Grand Prixs. So, im just go sit tight for bit see what they night bring out later in year or begining of next year.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by OldskoolF1 View Post
    You can register 1 x Xbox and 3 x PC's on a sky account
    I think only 1 PC can be the main one and get all the content like Sky Sports and you can only change the main PC once a month IIRC
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    was going to bite the bullet and add the package at weekend. But, my in-law said that it Sky may bring out a deal end of year or even start next year for the Grand Prixs. So, im just go sit tight for bit see what they night bring out later in year or begining of next year.
    No point adding it now, I'm waiting until the last possible moment!
    Forza Jules

I think only 1 PC can be the main one and get all the content like Sky Sports and you can only change the main PC once a month IIRC
    A friend of mine uses my account to watch the football on sky sports and it works fine for him. Works fine on my pc too. I had to un-register my xbox so that my son can use Skyplayer on his xbox to watch tv in his bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    No point adding it now, I'm waiting until the last possible moment!
    same here Suzie. Looked on there see what else may interest me watching, but nothing!!! Dont like Golf (ruins good walk) cricket football aint started yet but only, only if may think be good watch, i will watch the big games. England, Italy, Champions League final. But usually get bored of watching it after 10-15 minutes. Rugby aint bad. Will watch sometimes. Lot of action and hard tackling.

same here Suzie. Looked on there see what else may interest me watching, but nothing!!! Dont like Golf (ruins good walk) cricket football aint started yet but only, only if may think be good watch, i will watch the big games. England, Italy, Champions League final. But usually get bored of watching it after 10-15 minutes. Rugby aint bad. Will watch sometimes. Lot of action and hard tackling.
    im afraid thats on ESPN, mate. but you can watch the biggest superfight of the year, in Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, if it happens.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    We can get Setanta in NI - not sure how much it'd be in comparison to Sky Sports but it's always an option. At the moment they seem to show F1 with the Brundle/DC commentary so obviously I don't know if they will have F1 coverage next year either
    I looked into that before and as far as I'm aware the F1 coverage is blocked much like the football is blocked on RTE. I could be wrong so I'll def be looking into that.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    im afraid thats on ESPN, mate. but you can watch the biggest superfight of the year, in Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, if it happens.
    boxing have not watched since the 90s. Tyson, Benn and fighters like that. ESPN? Typical
    Last edited by Rob; 6th August 2011 at 09:18.

We may start a poll on what we think should be the races shown in full on the bbc...(obviously can't say them all)_
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Aren't there phoney websites that show the races live anyways?

Come back ITV all is forgiven!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

I will be waiting to see what races the BBC are going to show free, if they are not showing the early morning races then I can probably survive with a re-run or highlights of them and just avoid the internet till it is shown rather than getting Sky Sports to watch them live.
    I agree this is the way to go. But sadly we don't have, so far as I know, a really definite agreement that the BBC is even going to be able to show the whole race. Whitemarsh said it had been agreed with BE but later showed some hesitancy about it. FOTA has to pull together on this one, not just take the money and dump the fans.

Overall my problem is not that the BBC has let us all down badly over F1, which it has, but that the all-powerful Murdochs are, yet again, getting their grasping hands on a great sport and I will not be watching races on their channel, no matter what. It's not just a sporting matter , it's much bigger than that.

This is the official petition to keep F1 on the BBC. If it gets 100,000 signatures, it will be raised in parliament.

Pass this on, sign in, share it, tweet it, FB it. Everything it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/57

So........ what's the code?
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    This is the official petition to keep F1 on the BBC. If it gets 100,000 signatures, it will be raised in parliament.

cheers Ste, just done it.

cheers Ste, just done it.
    Me, too!!
    (Yes, I'm Canadian; but, I'm also a citizen of the Commonwealth!)

I've put it on Facebook and Twitter...all my friends better sign it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Ditto this.
    Forza Jules

The petition has gone up 5000 signatures since yesterday. Not bad.

Will be at 100,000 in 15 days or so if that continues.