Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Sky and BBC F1 coverage

Does anyone know where to find the Gilles remembrance that Sky F1 showed on Saturday's qualifying show?
    Forza Ferrari

BBC F1 forum was very good this week, i thought.....best laugh-out-loud moment was when DC borrowed a trolley that the teams put the tyres on to wheel Eddie Jordan down the paddock! Eddie had a very entertaining hissy-fit...i thought he was gonna blow a gasket !

BBC is my default choice now. I only watch the SKY coverage if BBC isn't live because SKY take it all too seriously IMO. I know it's early days for SKY but there's just no chemistry between Simon Lazenby & Damon Hill.
    BBC team are more humourous between them...EJ, DC & Jake are a great charismatic team with good banter, chemistry & commeradery between them

Plus the BBC have Lee McKenzie **swoon**
    Last edited by Ant Raikkonen; 14th May 2012 at 18:09.

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Listening to Ted improvise over a fire on Sky was rather special though. When he told me he'd just seen Mike Coughlan coughing I knew it was going to be "different".

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Does anyone know where to find the Gilles remembrance that Sky F1 showed on Saturday's qualifying show?
    My Sky+ box

http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/

On the third page, last vid.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/

On the third page, last vid.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Alonso View Post
    My Sky+ box
    You can put it on DVD for me then and bring it to Silverstone
    Forza Ferrari

One thing I didn't need to see on the BBC forum was EJ's gnarly old hoof. Blech.
    Forza Jules

JV is joining Sky for the Canadian GP, maybe he will sing us a song?

and on that note, has the BBC got Canada live?
    Forza Ferrari

Cheers

I lied sorry. Didn't record this week. Sky have so much coverage it won't fit on a dvd!

BBC dont have Canada so JV it is! lol

Cheers

No problem.

Was a great vid, and to be hinst, really only thing of the sky pre show worth anything IMO.
    I am complaining a lot about these guys, and now fickle. BBC was better coverage by far in Spain.

I think the main issue is whoever starts slagging off Ferrari is the broadcaster i don't like anymore.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Raikkonen View Post
    BBC F1 forum was very good this week, i thought.....best laugh-out-loud moment was when DC borrowed a trolley that the teams put the tyres on to wheel Eddie Jordan down the paddock! Eddie had a very entertaining hissy-fit...i thought he was gonna blow a gasket !

BBC is my default choice now. I only watch the SKY coverage if BBC isn't live because SKY take it all too seriously IMO. I know it's early days for SKY but there's just no chemistry between Simon Lazenby & Damon Hill.
    BBC team are more humourous between them...EJ, DC & Jake are a great charismatic team with good banter, chemistry & commeradery between them

Plus the BBC have Lee McKenzie **swoon**
    And she puts that harpy Georgie Thompson to shame..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    And she puts that harpy Georgie Thompson to shame..
    Surely Sky's opposite number of Lee is Natalie Pinkham?????

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    One thing I didn't need to see on the BBC forum was EJ's gnarly old hoof. Blech.
    Still, better than that annoying short woman with the false smile and the slap head from the scraped back ponytail though!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Still, better than that annoying short woman with the false smile and the slap head from the scraped back ponytail though!

Starting to get on my nervous. Theres not point her being on there.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Alonso View Post
    Surely Sky's opposite number of Lee is Natalie Pinkham?????
    No idea! I only watch Sky (when there's no option) from start to chequered flag but I have seen a dreadful Katie Price lookalike (only less pneumatic) who I understand to be Georgie Thompson. She seems uninformed about F1 and appears to be there to add 'gloss'.

I want to watch F1, not TOWIE!
    Trying to be less angry..

I can't stand Ted Crapitz , he tries to make everything so dramatic during the race, always seems to have negative words to say about Ferrari, and is clearly a MuckLaren fan, every time he talks about them he sounds as though he is about to come in his pants!

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJay View Post
    I can't stand Ted Crapitz , he tries to make everything so dramatic during the race, always seems to have negative words to say about Ferrari, and is clearly a MuckLaren fan, every time he talks about them he sounds as though he is about to come in his pants!
    Yeah, I find Ted really annoying. He was like that on the BBC and it didn't take him long to be the same on Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJay View Post
    makes some stuff up a lot of the time as well. Got some egg on face, after saying Ferraris upgrades were 'nothing special'

Yeah, not to mention her weasel-faced companion and his oversized iPad.
    Forza Jules

The gruesome twosome.... stuck in a box.

I'd rather watch Postman Pat ride a horse than those two massaging each other's egos tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    The gruesome twosome.... stuck in a box.
    You weren't complaining when you got his autograph at Silverstone in 2010....

I'd rather watch Postman Pat ride a horse than those two massaging each other's egos tbh
    If you're that bothered with 90% of the Sky team then why do you bother watching it? Do yourself a favour so we don't have to hear you drone on endlessly about it.

I'd rather have someone who does little but is neutral than an anchor who's biased, combined with a nuts ex team boss and an Irishman a lot of people can't understand.

If there's something on TV you don't like, you don't watch it. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    You weren't complaining when you got his autograph at Silverstone in 2010....
    I'm not complaining now I was just joining in with the above comments. I think Ant was better before he was put in the Sky box/pad thing, It doesn't really suit him to me.

If you're that bothered with 90% of the Sky team then why do you bother watching it? Do yourself a favour so we don't have to hear you drone on endlessly about it.

I'd rather have someone who does little but is neutral than an anchor who's biased, combined with a nuts ex team boss and an Irishman a lot of people can't understand.

If there's something on TV you don't like, you don't watch it. Simple.

oops.....touched a nerve there methinks

Thanks for the advice Ste but I think i'm happy making my own decisions on what Formula 1 based coverage I follow ta!

...besides, the BBC don't cover all of the F1 races so clearly I would be missing out if I followed your advice so i'm confused by your "forceful suggestion" tbh

If you have a thing for short people with ponytails that don't know much about F1 then that's cool. You can follow them all you like . Why are you worried about what I do though?

I dont know why some people have such a problem with admitting Georgie is not good enough. It is pretty obvious as far as i can see.

oops.....touched a nerve there methinks

Thanks for the advice Ste but I think i'm happy making my own decisions on what Formula 1 based coverage I follow ta!

...besides, the BBC don't cover all of the F1 races so clearly I would be missing out if I followed your advice so i'm confused by your "forceful suggestion" tbh

If you have a thing for short people with ponytails that don't know much about F1 then that's cool. You can follow them all you like . Why are you worried about what I do though?

I dont know why some people have such a problem with admitting Georgie is not good enough. It is pretty obvious as far as i can see.
    How do you expect someone to learn about a job without gaining experience in the field?

Jake knew absolutely nothing about F1 before he joined and thanks to his large part in the team, he now knows significantly more than he did in 2009. I don't see how what she looks like is relevant at all. I don't think Lee McKenzie or Louise Goodman were particularly good looking but they were good at their jobs. Georgie isn't really there for her wealth of knowledge, she's there to ask Ant questions so he can explain to the general public. Just in the same way that Damon or DC would ask team bosses questions that he already knows the answers to.

I don't think there are many people who would be willing to be put in such a small role who would have the broad F1 knowledge and experience you're after. I'm pretty sure Louise Goodman wouldn't have come back to stand around for 10 minutes every two weeks. Anyone in Georgie's position would appear to lack knowledge because the only thing she does is ask questions.

Do you think Jim Rosenthal had a big F1 knowledge before he started presenting F1? Natalie Pinkham knew nothing about F1 before she started in Australia 2011. Ted Kravitz was a sports reporter before he started on F1, so where has he got his in-depth knowledge of all things technical from? Georgie worked in A1GP and GP Masters (as well as other things) before F1, so I very much doubt she has a complete lack of knowledge about motorsport in general.

So I'm unsure of who you could replace her with that would sound more knowledgeable in that role.

How do you expect someone to learn about a job without gaining experience in the field?

Jake knew absolutely nothing about F1 before he joined and thanks to his large part in the team, he now knows significantly more than he did in 2009. I don't see how what she looks like is relevant at all. I don't think Lee McKenzie or Louise Goodman were particularly good looking but they were good at their jobs. Georgie isn't really there for her wealth of knowledge, she's there to ask Ant questions so he can explain to the general public. Just in the same way that Damon or DC would ask team bosses questions that he already knows the answers to.

I don't think there are many people who would be willing to be put in such a small role who would have the broad F1 knowledge and experience you're after. I'm pretty sure Louise Goodman wouldn't have come back to stand around for 10 minutes every two weeks. Anyone in Georgie's position would appear to lack knowledge because the only thing she does is ask questions.

Do you think Jim Rosenthal had a big F1 knowledge before he started presenting F1? Natalie Pinkham knew nothing about F1 before she started in Australia 2011. Ted Kravitz was a sports reporter before he started on F1, so where has he got his in-depth knowledge of all things technical from? Georgie worked in A1GP and GP Masters (as well as other things) before F1, so I very much doubt she has a complete lack of knowledge about motor sport in general.

So I'm unsure of who you could replace her with that would sound more knowledgeable in that role.
    Thanks for your case as to why Georgie Thompson is an important part of Sky F1 TV coverage Ste.

If you think I was referring to her in my previous posts and you wish to defend her then that is your assumption and decision dude.

For the record - and to answer your point (IMO) - her role on Sky F1 is redundant. It's not really a role is it? Nodding and swishing your ponytail from side to side between taller talking heads! Not because she is female, short, or pony-tailed but because she fills a gap that isn't there. Bum pelmets or no bum pelmets. If she wasn't there, no-one would miss her except those that saw her as eye candy. This is not an equal opportunities thing and has nothing to do with how much she eats, diets, fails to diet, or even the noise she makes eating an apple on a train - it's to do with relevant things like what the point of her is on an F1 programme.

I don't want her to sacrifice her time at the hairdressers for her to give me 0.1% of F1 insight because she doesn't know much about F1. She is surplus to requirements. She can stay at the hairdressers.

If she wants to get paid lots for travelling the world and providing low level links (literally) for other people in F1 then that's cool.

Why do you want me to not watch Sky F1 because of my feelings about that?

I don't tell you to stop travelling to Crewe on the train simply because you hate everyone else on the train do I dude

Not sure if it's been posted yet but Sunday starting at 9am Sky is showing 7 years worth of Monaco GP's back to back. 82, 83, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

09.00am: The 1982 Monaco Grand Prix.
    09.40am: The 1983 Monaco Grand Prix.
    10.20am: The 2007 Monaco Grand Prix.
    12.35pm:The 2008 Monaco Grand Prix.
    15.15pm: The 2009 Monaco Grand Prix.
    17.30pm: The 2010 Monaco Grand Prix.
    20.00pm: The 2011 Monaco Grand Prix.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/22058/7760219/It-s-Monaco-Week-on-Sky-Sports-F1-"]http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/2...-Sky-Sports-F1-

Enjoying Sky's dedicated-to-F1 channel even when I'm outside UK, thanks vipbox!!

I guess as long as people can understand what Georgie is saying, that is more important than a (Northern) Irishman who actually knows his stuff and gives valuable insight.
    Forza Jules