Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari interested in Sutil as replacement for Massa

Ferrari interested in Sutil as replacement for Massa

Ferrari interested in Sutil as replacement for Massa

It was announced today by Force India that Nico Hulkenberg, who had been their reserve driver in 2011, will be promoted to a race seat next season alongside Paul di Resta. Hulkenberg will replace Adrian Sutil, who had been expected to leave the team for some months.
    According to respected German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, there are rumours in the Formula 1 paddock suggesting that Ferrari is interested in hiring Sutil to replace the struggling Felipe Massa. Massa endured one of his worst seasons ever in 2011 and it is widely known that next year is his last chance to prove himself if he is to remain with Ferrari in the future. Massa did not get a single podium in 2011, becoming the first regular Ferrari driver since Ivan Capelli in 1992 to fail to make it into the top three during a season.
    However, Massa has a contract with Ferrari until the end of 2012 and the contract will be difficult to break. Massa’s situation is different from Kimi Raikkonen in 2009, where Ferrari managed to convince the 2007 Formula 1 world champion to accept a $19 million payoff to end his contract one year early for Fernando Alonso take his place in 2010.
    It is less likely that Massa will be willing to accept a financial settlement to give up his seat next year. Massa will most likely insist on seeing out the remainder of his contract at Ferrari and the team will not want a contract dispute to be brought to the FIA Contract Recognition Board.
    Sutil is reportedly only interested in a one-year contract with Williams, since Massa will no longer have a contract with Ferrari in 2013. Williams are reportedly wanting a two year deal but the former Force India driver wants to be free to switch to a bigger team in 2013. However, if Sutil waits too long before signing with Williams, the team could suddenly decide to continue with Rubens Barrichello. The Brazilian driver has put together a sponsorship package of five million euros and he would be satisfied with a one-year contract with Williams.

http://www.f1zone.net/news/ferrari-i...massa-2/11106/

i don't understand, how many seats we have for 2013? so far we should have cars for - Perez, Bianchi, Kubica, (insert name i forgot), now one for Sutil too? and no-one has said that Massa is indeed leaving...
    not gonna change my profile picture

Something unusual - a replacement for Felipe thread.

OK, so I'll bite..... If you were going to replace a driver, it would have to be for someone who is actually, really better. Of all the drivers on the grid and the up and coming other ones, there isn't one IMO that is a better driver than Felipe. Give him a good start to the season and no wretched bad luck (and keep Crashilton away from him) and you won't get a better driver.

Oh for crying out loud!!

And to replace Massa with someone who was SACKED by a midfield team? Why even post this rubbish?!

The future is RED

Sutil would be a good driver Ferrari team and a good second driver...

:xmasrolleyes: blimey bit early for this thread and story to pop its head. How many times? Season hasnt even started yet and starting on Felipe replacement. Give it a rest, let him enjoy the winter and get good start to the 2012 season.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Yea, n Ferrari is also considering Dale Earnhart Jr. too :xmasbiggrin::xmaswink::xmastongue::xmasrolleyes:: xmasbiggrin::xmascool:

I doubt Ferrari has any interest, this is a smoke screen from Sutil camp.

Meanwhile another rumor is stating Ferrari have signed Kubica for testing role to replace Massa in 2013. Really hope Massa makes all these "credible" journos look like idiots next year.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Stopped reading after 'Auto motor und Sport'

Lol. Not too long now before whole grid will be in line to replace Massa

Sutil? Why not Heidfeld....:xmaswink:
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Lol funny article, f1 paddock rumours despite everyone being at home
    Forza Ferrari

Yea, even Nigel Mansell is on Ferrari's short list...:xmasbiggrin:

WHAT?? OFFS!! My gran was linked to replace massa and so was my cat!! Arrrgggg

Massa is better than Sutil. And anways, Ferrari have much better driver options to replace Massa.

(not that I want Massa to go)
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

O my God not another one in the line up !!!!!!!!!!!

Forza Jules

I think the rumor has formed only because Sutil and Domenicali (or other senior Ferrari crew) were seen having a chit-chat together. These things happen all the time in the paddock.

with all of the names linked to his seat, i am becoming suspicious that they are looking to replace his pitcrew instead of him.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

only in Sutil's dreams it could happen
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    only in Sutil's dreams it could happen
    he'd rather go to his BFF's team
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Massa is better than Sutil. And anways, Ferrari have much better driver options to replace Massa.

(not that I want Massa to go)

Massa is better than half of the grid. He just needs the right tool to show it.

Breaking news : After the Sutil to replace Massa rumours, news are emerging that Toranosuke Takagi will replace Massa, for sure!

For those that may not know him, here.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Breaking news : After the Sutil to replace Massa rumours, news are emerging that Toranosuke Takagi will replace Massa, for sure!

mince & pasta!

tasty

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Ok a hypothetical question for felipe lovers come rain or shine, assuming for whatever reason our man felipe isn't retained in 2012, who do we replace him with?

I for one vote Hamilton :xmaseek: or somewhat more realistically :xmasfrown: Paul Di Resta. Both Sauber drivers this year have covered themselves with glory too!

Quote Originally Posted by Naeem View Post
    Ok a hypothetical question for felipe lovers come rain or shine, assuming for whatever reason our man felipe isn't retained in 2012, who do we replace him with?

I for one vote Hamilton :xmaseek: or somewhat more realistically :xmasfrown: Paul Di Resta. Both Sauber drivers this year have covered themselves with glory too!
    For me, we have our drivers, and they are Felipe and Fernando. I support them 100% AND I really hope Felipe has a massive season and is part of our Championship winning team in 2012.

If we ever had a 3rd car, I'd like to see a FDA member get the chance to prove themselves

Some Chinese driver to go with the Chinese naming of the chassis I guess
    Forza Ferrari

Sutil for Massa?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Montezemolo admits eye on German drivers

For Adrian Sutil, the cloud of his exit at Force India could have a scarlet lining.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has admitted that, with Felipe Massa’s position to be evaluated during the course of 2012, the fabled Italian marque already has an eye on a couple of German drivers.

Before Montezemolo’s comments, reports had linked German Sutil, 28, with Ferrari, either for a switch after a single season with Williams, or off the back of a year on the reserve bench.

“Clearly we are planning for the future,” Bild newspaper quotes the Ferrari president as saying.

The newspaper thinks Sutil is a candidate, but Montezemolo also mentioned another of the former Force India driver’s countrymen by name.

“I like Rosberg, as a clear-headed man and someone who is getting better and better.”

Auto Motor und Sport – presuming Montezemolo was referring to Sutil as well as Nico Hulkenberg – quotes the 64-year-old adding: “There are two other good, young Germans.”

And what about Robert Kubica?

“He is also a possibility,” admitted Montezemolo. “We’ll have to see how he comes back from his accident.”

But despite setting the rumour-mill alight with talk of a driver change, Montezemolo also backed beleaguered Brazilian Massa.

“Our problem is not the driver as in that area we have the best; we need a competitive car,” he insisted.

http://www.f1zone.net/news/montezemo...drivers/11213/