Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2012 Season

MotoGP 2012 Season

Stoner should shut his mouth. I loved Vale's response on Twitter...

Valentino Rossi says he will retire from MotoGP if Yamaha move doesn't bring strong results

By Michele Lostia and Sam Tremayne Friday, August 17th 2012, 10:43 GMT

Valentino Rossi says he will retire from MotoGP should his switch to Yamaha not meet with an upturn in results.

The Italian has finished on the podium just twice since moving to Ducati, and after crashing out at Laguna Seca - having been running a disappointing eighth – he admitted staying motivated was tough.

Having made the decision to return to Yamaha, with whom he enjoyed unprecedented success between 2004 and 2010, Rossi says an inability to improve upon his current level of performance would serve as an indication that his time at the top has passed.

"If you ask a sportsman whether going badly for a long time has an influence, he will tell that no, it has no effect. Instead I say it has, you can feel it," Rossi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"This is why before talking about victories and a tenth title, which would be a dream, I need to really understand whether I'm able to fight again for the top grid positions, for victories, and finally for the title.

"Have I considered I won't be able to? Honestly I haven't made any programmes. I want to have fun again and go to the races with a smile.

"Should I carry on scoring fifth and sixth positions, that would mean my time has passed and I will retire: I've been racing for 15 years after all."

Rossi apologised for his inability to bring success to Ducati, but said he hoped he could rise again from such a low with Yamaha.

"I'm sorry this Italian pairing hasn't worked for myself, for Ducati, for the fans, and most of all for the guys who have worked on this project," he said.

"These two seasons are very difficult, and we struggling very much. Unfortunately, we were not able to improve our speed, our performance, and to fight for the good position, for the front position. In Ducati I find a lot of good people. We had great times together. We try the maximum, but unfortunately we were not able to achieve the result.

"I have never been able to make the difference like in 2004 at Yamaha, but the situation has changed. The bikes count for more now than back then. Also, in 2004 I was 24 and at the top of my form. Now I'm 33...

"I'm a rider who has lived twice: I won five consecutive titles like only two others have managed in history. Then I lost, but I returned and won again. Let's hope I become the man who lived three times."

Rossi said he expected the majority of his crew to follow him across to Yamaha, as they did when he moved from the Japanese factory to Ducati.

"So I think my crew come with me - more or less the same guys that come with me from Yamaha to Ducati. But is still not decided 100 percent. I think we have to fix some of the ties," he told a press conference ahead of the Indianapolis GP.

He also paid tribute to Jorge Lorenzo, admitting he is unsure whether he will be able to best the Spaniard once at Yamaha.

"Lorenzo has been a gentleman, he hasn't thrown a spanner in the works. Would I have done the same with roles reversed?

"In the last seasons, Jorge has become more strong than when I was with him in Yamaha – [and] in 2010 he was very strong. He rides the M1 at an incredible level without doing any mistakes. So for me it's a question mark [beating Lorenzo], I don't know.

"In the last seasons I think mainly three riders make the difference - him, Dani and Stoner. I was with them until 2010, so I consider [that] I was a top rider. But after these two seasons, no, I don't know..."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101813
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Stoner heads incident-packed Indianapolis first free practice
    Friday, 17 August 2012

Repsol Honda Team’s Casey Stoner got out of the blocks quickest as the MotoGP™ grid headed out for its first free practice session at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix in front of Dani Pedrosa and Nicky Hayden.
    The majority of riders initially headed out on track slightly gingerly as a few damp patches from earlier rain were still visible, however within ten minutes all riders had descended on the circuit for their first stab at the Brickyard. And it was Stoner who was the pace setter with a 1.41’925, marginally ousting his teammate Pedrosa into second, who also looked in ominous form. Ducati Team’s Nicky Hayden, for whom this is a home-race, wrung the neck of his Desmosedici to finish third.

Fellow compatriot Ben Spies on the Yamaha Factory Racing machine came in fourth in front of his local crowd, finishing ahead of LCR Honda MotoGP’s Stefan Bradl, who was over a second off the time set by Stoner. Behind him was fellow Honda satellite rider, San Carlo Honda Gresini’s Álvaro Bautista, in sixth, who is hoping to resolve some front-end grip issues he has been experiencing. Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Cal Crutchlow came in seventh, despite suffering a crash early on in the session. The Brit was unhurt, and was able to continue the session on his second bike.

Yamaha’s championship leader Jorge Lorenzo had a subdued practice, finishing uncharacteristically low in eighth. He spent the final few minutes in his garage, seemingly unhappy with the set-up of his bike. Ducati’s Valentino Rossi ended the morning in ninth, while Pramac Racing Team’s Héctor Barberá came in tenth. Barberá, who was riding just 27 days after breaking his left tibia and fibula, suffered a heavy highside in the session, causing it to be red flag for a short while. He was taken straight to the medical centre where he was sighting chest and back pain, in particular in his vertebrae, which he had previously damaged very badly in a crash in Japan in 2008. He has been taken to Indianapolis Methodist Hospital for further checks.

CTR wildcards, Attack Performance’s Steve Rapp and GPTech’s Aaron Yates, finished 20th and 23rd respectively.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/u...ogp+fp1+stoner

Casey Stoner has troubled MotoGP practice at Indianapolis

Friday, August 17th 2012, 23:20 GMT

Casey Stoner said he never had chance to get going in Friday practice for MotoGP's Indianapolis Grand Prix, as problems with his Honda kept him back in fifth on the timesheets.

The reigning world champion was quickest in the morning, but ultimately resorted to his spare bike following multiple issues on the primary machine in practice two.

"We tried a couple of things this morning but with the track being so slippery we didn't really take anything from it," said Stoner.

"This afternoon we knew what we wanted to try after the morning session but unfortunately we had some issues with the bike.

"We had a problem with electronics on one exit and then a strange feeling in the rear on a later exit, perhaps a stone got into the chain or something, we're not sure yet.

"Due to the fact we couldn't identify what the problem was, we decided to use the second bike and I only managed a few laps.

"A slightly disappointing afternoon and we know what we want to work on tomorrow morning."

Stoner's team-mate Dani Pedrosa was fastest overall on day one at Indianapolis.

"This afternoon the track was a little better than in the morning and we were able to improve our lap times quite a lot and also try the hard tyres, which worked much better than the soft specification we tried this morning," said Pedrosa.

"As we saw today, the times will keep dropping during the weekend with more rubber on the asphalt, so we have to continue working hard on the bike. We found a good base today to move on from; we can improve every area still, focusing especially on the suspension and electronics and also care about the tyres because it's very hot out there and the tyres dropped off very quick."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101821

Pedrosa on scorching form in second free practice in Indianapolis
    Friday, 17 August 2012

On the first day of free practice at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix it was Repsol Honda Team’s Dani Pedrosa who was on scorching form as he topped the timesheets in the second session ahead of Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo.
    Pedrosa’s superb time in the high 1.37s was sufficient to oust Yamaha Factory Racing’s charging Spies into second, who looked back to his old self as he lapped his home circuit. His teammate Lorenzo took third spot, yet aborted his final hot lap on the final turn, denying a true indication of his outright pace.

Fourth place went to Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Andrea Dovizioso, who was only marginally behind Lorenzo on board his satellite machine. Casey Stoner’s best lap saw him finish the day in fifth, although the Repsol Honda rider looked to have rear suspension issues during the session, meaning he spent the final five minutes on his number two bike.

British rider Cal Crutchlow took sixth spot on board his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine, doing well to recover from a crash in the morning session. In seventh, San Carlo Honda Gresini’s Álvaro Bautista was over 1.2 seconds off the top spot set by the factory Honda, and will be looking for significant improvements tomorrow.

Eighth place went to fellow Honda satellite rider Stefan Bradl, who is taking to the Indianapolis track for the first time on his LCR Honda MotoGP bike. Ducati Team’s Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi completed the top ten, after a disappointing session for the Italian outfit.

Top CRT spot went to Power Electronics Aspar’s Randy de Puniet, while the grid also welcomed GPTech wildcard Aaron Yates and Attack Performance’s Steve Rapp. Rapp was however garage bound for the afternoon session as his team struggled with bike issues.

The majority of riders started the session on the softer option rear tyre, yet switched to the harder option as the track temperature increased. Pedrosa’s hot lap was set on the harder option rear during a seven lap stint at the end.

Pramac Racing Team fielded Toni Elías for the afternoon session, after Héctor Barberá’s big highside this morning. Barberá, who crashed heavily in the final turn suffered fractures in his dorsal vertebrae 5, 6 and 8, rendering him unfit for this weekend. He is currently at Indianapolis Methodist Hospital, where he will be kept overnight for observation.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/u...togp%20pedrosa

Difficult qualifying for Ducati Team, Hayden out of tomorrow's GP
    Saturday, 18 August 2012

After a positive start to the day for Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden, who were able to further reduce their gaps to the front during the third free-practice session, the Ducati Team experienced a difficult qualifying session.
    Approximately ten minutes from the end of the session, Nicky Hayden crashed in Turn 14 while on a fast lap with the soft tyre. After an initial check at the track’s medical centre, the American was transferred to Indianapolis’ Methodist Hospital, where additional examinations revealed two small, non-displaced fractures to the second and third metacarpal on his right hand. The results of the CAT were negative, and the American should be discharged this evening or tomorrow morning, but in any case he won’t take part in the Grand Prix.

Valentino Rossi was confident after the practice session that he would be able to lower his time again in qualifying, but he wasn’t ultimately able to improve on the time he had set in cooler conditions.

Valentino Rossi
    “It’s a shame because this morning went pretty well. I was able to do some good laps both with the hard tyre and the soft, and in the end I wasn’t so far off, actually lapping on the pace of the second group. That made me optimistic, and I thought that I could go 1’39” in qualifying, but I wasn’t even able to match my time from free practice. I didn’t have rear grip, and the rear tyre was sliding a lot. On the last fast lap, I had a big risk in the same turn where Nicky crashed. This track has strange asphalt that has less grip than what we’re used to but that still wears the tyres. For that reason, we have tyres with stiffer carcases at our disposition here. We’ll try to make some changes for tomorrow in order to gain a bit more grip, and we’ll see what my race pace is.”

Press release courtesy of Ducati Team.

Pedrosa on pole as Stoner suffers big crash
    Saturday, 18 August 2012

In a dramatic qualifying for the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, Dani Pedrosa took pole position after his teammate Casey Stoner suffered a nasty crash on his fourth lap, in the first 10 minutes of the session.
    Stoner had a heavy highside in turn 13 and was immediately taken to the circuit medical centre. The first X-Rays ruled out any serious injury, suggesting torn ligaments in the right ankle. Stoner was taken to the local Methodist Hospital for further checks and scans. The Repsol Honda team will release a statement later today, as soon as more information is known.

With a final flying lap of 1'38.813, Pedrosa set a new lap record on his way to his second pole position at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and his third of the 2012 season. Stoner, who was fastest in the last free practice this morning, finally finished in sixth position with 1'39.465.

Dani Pedrosa
    "It was a tricky session because the asphalt was very slippery and we saw many nasty crashes already in Moto3 and then in MotoGP. It felt that you could control the slide, but suddenly many riders found themselves on the floor. It was crucial to keep the concentration on our riding and not make any mistake and achieve the lap time. To be in pole position is great at a track where the first sector is very tight and it's always good to have a clean start. We did a very good job today, testing the tyres, working on the bike and being ready for the hot laps. I feel we have a good setting for tomorrow. We are confident for the race, but other riders look strong as well. Lorenzo picked up his pace, Spies is strong here and I hope Casey has nothing serious and can be on the grid. We will need to fight at the maximum tomorrow.”

Front row for Lorenzo at Indianapolis as Spies battles to fourth
    Saturday, 18 August 2012

Championship leader Jorge Lorenzo gave it everything this afternoon in an incident packed qualifying session to take second on the grid for tomorrow’s Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
    Having struggled to find pace all weekend the team made a big step for qualifying, dramatically improving his speed and resulting in a qualifying time just 0.1 seconds from pole. Teammate Ben Spies continued to show the impressive pace he’s displayed all weekend for qualifying. The Texan looked on target for a record-breaking pole lap nearly half a second clear until a big high side between T13 and T14. The difficult track conditions at that corner also claimed Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden with serious crashes. Spies was able to rejoin for the last eight minutes of qualifying but was unable to improve on his time so will start from fourth on the grid tomorrow with a time 0.4 seconds from pole.

Jorge Lorenzo
    "A really tough weekend so far, I really thought I wouldn’t be able to deliver but finally we modified the bike a lot with some weight on the rear to enter the corners with more confidence. I felt great as a result, could lean a lot and open the throttle quickly so I got second and was close to Dani. We don’t have a bad pace but not as good as Dani yet, we need to improve a little in the morning."

Ben Spies
    "My shoulder is really sore after that crash, maybe some torn ligaments so it’s pretty painful. I’m getting some treatment and we’ll see how it is tomorrow. It’s frustrating as we’ve been going really well all weekend and I’ve been feeling really confident with the bike, I think we could have been on pole. The track surface is pretty tricky at the end there, it seems to have caught a few people today."

Press release courtesy of Yamaha Factory Racing.

Injured Casey Stoner determined to try to take part in Indianapolis MotoGP race
    Sunday, August 19th 2012, 04:59 GMT

Casey Stoner will attempt to ride in the Indianapolis MotoGP race despite having suffered ligament damage and small fractures to his right ankle in his qualifying crash.

After further checks in hospital, it was confirmed that there was an element of bone damage in addition to the torn ligaments. The initial diagnosis at the circuit medical centre had been a fractured ankle. Stoner sustained the injuries when he had a violent high-side on the exit of Turn 13 early in Saturday's qualifying session.

A Honda statement listed Stoner's injuries as follows: "several small chipped bone fractures, a 10mm fracture on the talar dome below the tibia and fibula, contusions to the anterior tibia, posterior tibia and medial malleolus, and soft tissue swelling around the ankle. He has also torn his deltoid, anterior talofibial, calcaneal and fibular ligaments in addition to a high ankle sprain."

Stoner said he would do his utmost to take part in Sunday's race.

"I need to see how I feel tomorrow morning to understand if I'm able to race," he said. "I am really disappointed as I felt we had the package for pole in this race and a strong chance for the win. Many other riders came off today, I hope they are OK.

"We'll see how we feel in the morning and will do all we can to be on the grid."

The Australian said he had known immediately that the injury was potentially serious.

"It's the first time in my career that I haven't been able to get up and walk away from an accident myself," he said.

"As soon as I stood up, I looked down and saw my foot was at a strange angle to my leg. I had a shooting pain in my lower leg, then I felt a crack as my ankle popped back in. It was very painful and I was sure I had broken something.

"The local staff at the circuit medical centre were all very helpful and after taking some initial x-rays they agreed I should go to hospital for further checks. The team that looked after me at the Methodist Hospital were fantastic, so professional, attentive and incredibly helpful, I'd like to thank them all for taking good care of me.

"They confirmed that I had some chipped bone around my ankle and a small fracture, but I was concerned about the damage done to any ligaments so we did an MRI scan. This showed that I had torn almost every ligament in my ankle and heavily bruised my tibia."

Stoner will start from sixth on the grid if he is able to take part in the grand prix

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101848

Pedrosa wins as Stoners battles to fourth in Indianapolis
    Sunday, 19 August 2012

The Repsol Honda Team has completed the second American race of the season with another fantastic performance, this time at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix.
    Dani Pedrosa took a full house in Indy - pole position, circuit record lap and win - in an incredible weekend that marks his second victory of the 2012 season. It is also his second win at this track and 40th career victory in the World Championship in all three classes. Pedrosa crossed the finish line 10.8 seconds ahead of Lorenzo and Repsol Honda team mate Casey Stoner celebrated, considering his physical condition, a formidable fourth position. The current World Champion overcame incredible pain caused by his injury to the right ankle sustained during yesterday's qualifying session crash.

Dani Pedrosa
    "I'm extremely happy with this win and I really want to congratulate the whole team for the great job they've done this weekend, the bike worked perfectly. It was difficult at the beginning of the race because the pace was very strong from the start. I got past Ben Spies, but I kept calm because I knew I had the pace today to fight for the victory. When I took the lead, I put in some very strong laps to build up a gap and then I made a mistake in turn 2 going into neutral and Jorge reduced the gap by 1 second. But I was able to get back on my pace and ride comfortably to the end, where I think Jorge struggled a little with the soft rear tyre. We managed to take our second win of the season and every point is important. I want to also congratulate Casey for his result; he did a superb race in his condition and I am sure he will be strong again in Brno."

Casey Stoner
    "I'm definitely disappointed with how the weekend went. We had a strong start on Friday morning and then had a few issues Friday afternoon in FP2. We showed that we certainly had the pace for pole position and fight for the win but unfortunately I had a huge crash in qualifying. The injuries I sustained from the crash made things very difficult for us and we lost precious track time to work on the set up. This morning in warm up I was just getting comfortable on the bike and trying to get a feel for everything rather than working on set up. The race was equally as difficult, we had a rough start and got pushed back some positions and had to fight our way back through. As soon as we did, unluckily Ben had a bike failure and I found myself in the middle of the smoke, unsure where I was going and what I might hit and we lost positions again. At the end of the race it was almost impossible to maintain the pace. The painkillers I took to dull the pain gradually wore off at around the halfway point and as I was compensating for my injury with the other side of my body, I simply had no energy left. It was frustrating to give up the podium position to Andrea but we did everything we could and at least I was able to ride and take some points."

Press release courtesy of Repsol Honda Team.

I have massive respect for Casey for making it through that yesterday.

Dull race but I'm always happy when Dani wins. As for Ben Spies... how much bad luck can one guy have?!
    Forza Jules

Valentino Rossi feared he would repeat Laguna Seca crash as Ducati struggled in Indianapolis MotoGP race
    Sunday, August 19th 2012, 23:32 GMT

Valentino Rossi said he cruised to the finish at Indianapolis because he feared a repeat of his Laguna Seca accident as Ducati again struggled in hot conditions in America.

Rossi finished nearly a minute behind winner Dani Pedrosa in seventh place, 27 seconds adrift of nearest rival Stefan Bradl, and not far ahead of the CRT riders.

"In the end, the position is not bad, but unfortunately I was very slow in the race," Rossi told the official MotoGP website.

"After this morning we expected a bit better. I was not so bad in the cold conditions of the morning but I suffered a lot in the hot in the afternoon. It also happened yesterday."

He said it had been too risky to try and push any harder in the race, so chose to settle for a points finish.

"In the beginning I could stay with the guy in front, but I had two big moments so I decided just to arrive at the end and not to do the same mistake as at Laguna Seca," Rossi said.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101862

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I have massive respect for Casey for making it through that yesterday.

Dull race but I'm always happy when Dani wins. As for Ben Spies... how much bad luck can one guy have?!
    Totally gutted for Ben, really thought he good of won, but that Honda was (is) like a rocket. Could Dani take title?

Casey rode that race brilliantly with those injuries, massive respect to him. Is he still title contender now he injuryed? (i hope he can before he retires)

Dani is becoming more consistent, falling off less but I don't see him posing a serious challenge to Lorenzo (and especially next season with the Doc back at Yamaha). Indy clearly didn't suit Lorenzo for whatever reason, struggling all weekend so P2 was much better than he'd have expected.

I don't really get why Stoner is getting so much praise. Lorenzo scored a podium while he was on crutches and Rossi also scored a fourth, so it's nothing new for a rider to have a bad injury and pull through to a good result.

Lorenzo finished second at Le Mans in 2009, having broken both ankles at the previous race in Shanghai. Not debating it wasn't a good ride from Casey but it's been bettered before now.

So he should not get praise because others have done it?
    Forza Ferrari

I had respect for the other guys when they got injured too - bikers are hard as nails. I don't like Stoner but fair play to the guy because he was completely done at the end of that race. I'm not going to belittle what he did just because I prefer other riders.
    Forza Jules

I had respect for the other guys when they got injured too - bikers are hard as nails. I don't like Stoner but fair play to the guy because he was completely done at the end of that race. I'm not going to belittle what he did just because I prefer other riders.
    +1

Spies plays down hints of underlying tension within Yamaha following post-Indianapolis comments
    By Sam Tremayne Monday, August 20th 2012, 23:03 GMT

Ben Spies has moved to play down hints of underlying tension within Yamaha following post-race comments at the Indianapolis Grand Prix.

The Texan, who caused a stir at Laguna Seca when he confirmed via Twitter that he would be leaving the Japanese squad, said that he had been told 'somebody high up' in Yamaha that he should not arrive at the US circuit unless he was prepared to ride at 100 per cent.

The comments came after Spies retired with an engine failure while running second at Indianapolis. He had led early on and looked the only rider capable of matching eventual winner Dani Pedrosa.

"I was told by somebody at Yamaha that if I'm not going to ride a hundred percent at Laguna (Seca), don't show up. I came to Laguna, and I tried the best I could," Spies said in an interview released by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

"The bike had a malfunction. Then we came here with a hundred percent and did the best we could, and we had another mechanical with the bike. I've given my hundred percent.

"I'm not going to say any names, but yeah, it was somebody high up."

Asked about his frustrations at the cavalcade of unlucky blows he has suffered this season, he responded: "There's frustration, but it's kind of almost got to a laughing point for me. I'm really not even upset about it.

"It's just been so many things, one after another. You don't know how to respond to it.

"So to be told what I was told after Mugello and the way it was, and then to give the effort I've given the last two weekends, I just don't think it's been too fair."

In the same interview however Spies insisted he had no doubts his Yamaha crew were absolutely behind him.

"I know my team is, my crew. It's shown," he replied when asked if Yamaha was behind him 100 per cent. "The bike's been good the last two weekends. I just don't respect what was told to me and what we've tried to do this year.

"I wouldn't say it's Yamaha's fault at all. It's just been bad luck, too. Why it's happening to me, I don't know."

Spies took to Twitter on Monday night to reiterate that view, and to also play down speculation that his comments were directed at Yamaha racing boss Lin Jarvis.

"I made a statement this weekend about some tension in our team and what people have said to me. People always fill in spaces with nonsense," Spies said on his official Twitter account.

"I have a lot of people behind me including my boss Mr. Jarvis which [sic] has been behind me the whole time he wanted me Jorge and me to be Yamaha."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101871

MotoGP 2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So he should not get praise because others have done it?
    I said "so much" praise.

MotoGP 2012 Season

Not sure I've belittled anyone. Just saying people (any by people I was referring to the media mostly) seemed to think something like this had never been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I said "so much" praise.
    So how much praise did he deserve?
    Forza Ferrari

MotoGP 2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So how much praise did he deserve?
    Well the "brilliant ride" kind of praise rather than the "wow that was unbelievable" kind.

This thread is more entertaining than the race was... Dull at best...

With the exception of Casey's ride, wow that was unbelievable...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101903

Casey Stoner admits his 2012 MotoGP title hopes are 'finished' following the announcement that he will miss this weekend's Czech Republic Grand Prix.

The reigning world champion, who will retire at the end of the season, will fly home to Australia on Thursday evening to have surgery on the ankle injuries he suffered in a qualifying crash at Indianapolis.

Already 39 points behind championship leader Jorge Lorenzo, and now facing a lengthy recovery period, Stoner admitted he effectively has no chance of winning a third championship crown before he leaves the sport.

"It's disappointing news but it's finished our championship," Stoner said in a press conference at Brno.

"I've no idea when I'll be back as until we've had the surgery we won't know."

Stoner competed in the Indianapolis Grand Prix using a modified boot - and having taken painkillers before the race.

He said he had opted for surgery before Brno however after being advised that he otherwise risked permanent damage.

"The plan is to get back to Australia as we have to wait for the inflammation to go down before having surgery," he explained.

"We already have everything lined up to see what we can do and then try to get back.

"Normally my doctor doesn't have a problem with me riding with injury but as soon as he read the report he advised me against riding in Indianapolis.

"All the different reports have been the same, that I need to get off this foot as soon as I can.

"My plan is to come back hopefully a race or two before Phillip Island but I don't know.

"To have these kind of disappointments is frustrating, especially in my last year. But that's racing.

"I'm not in this championship to finish on a fairytale. I'm not always going to keep waiting for a fairytale ending."
    Gutting for the Stoner fans, who would have wanted to see him do a full season before retiring.
    Forza Jules

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101903

Gutting for the Stoner fans, who would have wanted to see him do a full season before retiring.
    That's a real shame for him, I thought he did a great job getting through last weekend, I hope he can recover well and has a good few races before he retires. It's also a shame for the championship to lose a main player in the battle for the title. I think it will make it a bit less entertaining having him taken out of the running.

Rossi laughs at his situation in Ducati
    It also leaves space for the memory of his deceased friend Marco Simoncelli, placing several numbers '58 'in it.

Valentino Rossi returned to throw in the mood to play down the bad season that is taking place in MotoGP. The town in the Italian premiere of his home grand prix and its occurrence has been nothing to express their current mood. Under a 'sandwich' with the question "Come ford? (Can I?)" Shows a cartoon drawn face from the blows. Pretend to be a boxer who is on the ropes, the edge of the KO, but that has not kissed the canvas.

Rossi also leaves space for the memory of his deceased friend Marco Simoncelli, placing several numbers '58 'in it. The design has been made, again, by Aldo Drudi, Valentino and common friend 'Sic'.

It is surrounded by all of the top Ducati in Misano, led by Filippo Preziosi. Premieres and a tilting chassis that proved last week at this track.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/15/moto...347708054.html

Really pleased to see Jonny Rea qualify 9th today - he's done so well given the short notice and his unfamiliarity of the bike. Hopefully he can do well tomorrow; would be nice to see a NI person in MotoGP again
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Rossi laughs at his situation in Ducati
    It also leaves space for the memory of his deceased friend Marco Simoncelli, placing several numbers '58 'in it.

Valentino Rossi returned to throw in the mood to play down the bad season that is taking place in MotoGP. The town in the Italian premiere of his home grand prix and its occurrence has been nothing to express their current mood. Under a 'sandwich' with the question "Come ford? (Can I?)" Shows a cartoon drawn face from the blows. Pretend to be a boxer who is on the ropes, the edge of the KO, but that has not kissed the canvas.

Rossi also leaves space for the memory of his deceased friend Marco Simoncelli, placing several numbers '58 'in it. The design has been made, again, by Aldo Drudi, Valentino and common friend 'Sic'.

It is surrounded by all of the top Ducati in Misano, led by Filippo Preziosi. Premieres and a tilting chassis that proved last week at this track.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/15/moto...347708054.html
    Twit interista

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

MotoGP 2012 Season

Damn! Pedrosa's terrible luck
    I fear boring title chase for Lorenzo now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk