View Poll Results: Do you think 2012 is looking good for the Scuderia Ferrari?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

72 54.96%
  • NO

10 7.63%
  • NOT SURE

49 37.40%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Do you think 2012 is looking good for the Scuderia Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I'd rather it be over by mid-season and we get to gloat the remainder of the year.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

What he said ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

yes i think it looks promising because Ferrari are going about there business with confidence meaning they only need to iron out teething issues on the vehicle as it is new had they been able to test the car we would be able to rest easier but the signs are looking very good fingers crossed all goes well

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    I'm slightly consoled that it took from '96 - 2000 for the 'dream team' to come together and start their winning runs, didn't it?
    98 we challenged and had it not been for the accident in 99 we would have won i believe so really it took 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    98 we challenged and had it not been for the accident in 99 we would have won i believe so really it took 2-3 years
    Want to add that in 1997, Schumacher was leading the championship on points. Then a moment of insanity occured when he tried to take out Villeneuve. Should of let him pass as the Ferrari had already stopped.

In 1998, Schumacher was denied those 10 points in Belgium when he slammed into the back of a lapped Coultard. And then there was that puncture in the final race.

And then 1999 Schumacher broke his leg, and Irvine talling him in the championship then, missed the title by 2 points to Mika.

So yeah, if it wasn't for driver errors and bad luck, those were another 3 titles

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    Want to add that in 1997, Schumacher was leading the championship on points. Then a moment of insanity occured when he tried to take out Villeneuve. Should of let him pass as the Ferrari had already stopped.

In 1998, Schumacher was denied those 10 points in Belgium when he slammed into the back of a lapped Coultard. And then there was that puncture in the final race.

And then 1999 Schumacher broke his leg, and Irvine talling him in the championship then, missed the title by 2 points to Mika.

So yeah, if it wasn't for driver errors and bad luck, those were another 3 titles
    Do you think 2012 is looking good for the Scuderia Ferrari is the name of this thread.Why must this traitor bums name come up over and over? It seems people manage to bring up the chin no matter what the topic!
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Do you think 2012 is looking good for the Scuderia Ferrari is the name of this thread.Why must this traitor bums name come up over and over? It seems people manage to bring up the chin no matter what the topic!
    If it wasn't for your signature, I was about to go what the ****! LOL

PS, I still love the traitor.
    Last edited by Omegablue; 9th February 2012 at 01:13.

I didn't get to vote in the poll. While my heart says Yes 2012 is looking good, that wouldn't be fair an objective so I will go with "not sure". The F2012 as everyone knows is completely different than any other Ferrari F1 car ever built. The suspension alone is enough cause to test for 2 weeks straight. Push rod to pull rod is a big step. Anyone remember the RB the first year they ran pull rod in testing? They had a big failure real quick. This hasn't happened with the F2012, so there's a reason to be optimistic. And of course there are many others. So while I'm not worried like some of the others, it's too early to make any calls one way or the other.

All fair points, although I must admit to being a bit concerned with the amount of testing needed to allow all these radical changes to soak in, when testing has been severely curtailed. Looking at the current results in Jerez, I can only hope we are sandbagging or running the car at Massa speed.
    The only thing consoling about being 2 sec off the pace, is JB being 2 extra tenths slower.
    can't wait for the competitive season to start...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    I didn't get to vote in the poll. While my heart says Yes 2012 is looking good, that wouldn't be fair an objective so I will go with "not sure". The F2012 as everyone knows is completely different than any other Ferrari F1 car ever built. The suspension alone is enough cause to test for 2 weeks straight. Push rod to pull rod is a big step. Anyone remember the RB the first year they ran pull rod in testing? They had a big failure real quick. This hasn't happened with the F2012, so there's a reason to be optimistic. And of course there are many others. So while I'm not worried like some of the others, it's too early to make any calls one way or the other.

If it wasn't for your signature, I was about to go what the ****! LOL

PS, I still love the traitor.
    Sounds like everlasting love!! Oh, by the way Omega Blue are you related to Beonce or Zay Z ?
    [SIGPIC]

I Say Yes because its a new concept under a new technical director and a new structure of staff within the team, in my opinion lets give them a fresh perspective that they know what their doing..
    ferrari shop a lot of engineers last year, so it has to be good cause those new guys are very talented engineers..

Yes because it's a Ferrari

Yes, I really hope.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Sounds like everlasting love!! Oh, by the way Omega Blue are you related to Beonce or Zay Z ?
    Those two wish they had my Italian blood. Would actually make the noise they make sound like music.

Those two wish they had my Italian blood. Would actually make the noise they make sound like music.
    Omegablue your location is ambiguous please explain
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Omegablue your location is ambiguous please explain
    My location there is a personal joke from my fanboy days of Kimi at Ferrari.

I'm from Milan (Although a Juve fan, lol), but presently living in South Africa.

I'm from Milan (Although a Juve fan, lol), but presently living in South Africa.
    FORZA MILAN !

Meh, nothing unusual for a lady.

South Africa? So how are you doing over here... have you been shot, raped or hi-jacked yet?

Wow been SA a few times myself. never really considered living there. Beautiful place nevertheless. Chelsea and Milan fan here Good luck with scudetto. not!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    South Africa? So how are you doing over here... have you been shot, raped or hi-jacked yet?
    Aside from the corruption in politics and the pathetic roads falling apart, the country is fairly awesome. Love it!

Actually was nearly hi-jacked a few months ago.

Looking to probably leave Sandton and move to CT.

Thanks for asking.

Aside from the corruption in politics and the pathetic roads falling apart, the country is fairly awesome. Love it!

Actually was nearly hi-jacked a few months ago.

Looking to probably leave Sandton and move to CT.

Thanks for asking.
    Cape Town is allot better than Johannesburg.

I will move to the Western Cape any day and if there will ever be a South African GP again it will probably be in Cape Town or Durban.

Be patient and let the boys run their engineering program... They are picking out the pieces of the winning recipe and figuring out how they enhance or interfere with each other... Rome wasn't built in a day, please be patient!
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Well said! I still listen to Carlo Buti, Claudio Villa. I'll stop there.
    [SIGPIC]

Absolutely definitely !!!

It's time to push like hell

I'm not sure, but of course I hope so. :) I don't want to make too many conclusions based on the first tests in Jerez, so we will see the real situation in Melbourne. Let's hope for the best.

It will be...