Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think were also some rumors about the front using pull rod, and an exact artist drawing of that front nose bump. This worries me, lol. I mean, its like someone's leaking out all these info.

Though the good thing is there were also rumors indicating a lot of positive improvement with the performance in the simulator, so I hope they are right
    It looks great we could have a WINNER in our hands
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    I knew it would have pull-rod! To all the people who said it was impossible ..told ya! Lol na but I'm already used to the nose I love the car and will love it more once it's a winner.
    they usually under estimate engineers from ferrari. and now look, they found a solution. they never expect that now they are scatching their heads...

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    they usually under estimate engineers from ferrari. and now look, they found a solution. they never expect that now they are scatching their heads...
    I know it's a great innovation from Ferrari, so glad it was true shows Ferrari are not afraid to take risks. Forza Ferrari!

I think were also some rumors about the front using pull rod, and an exact artist drawing of that front nose bump. This worries me, lol. I mean, its like someone's leaking out all these info.

Though the good thing is there were also rumors indicating a lot of positive improvement with the performance in the simulator, so I hope they are right
    that's the most important thing that ferrari have done this year. they have corrected the wind tunnel and improve the simulator. now they have a better car. i also heard that button stated that the mp4-27 is yet tricky to drive..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    I reserved judgement until now so ive had all day to think about the car. Compared to last years car i can see a major difference in the body work and i could prob list about 10 things that are different to last years car. Apart from the front wing which im getting used to now i see beyond that and i think we have a pretty aggressive car!

Front wing is longer and wider
    Brake ducks inlets are larger
    the supports for the front wing are wider
    Car has more rake than the 150th
    Mirrors are taller and seem larger
    Seems like smaller barge boards
    The small little wings (next to driver) seem larger this year
    Air intake is larger and more curveier
    2 Air intakes on the top of the car - i wonder if thats feeding the defuser
    Oz racing rims - if only these were gold
    Backend is tightand compact
    Rear Brakes/Drums are different this year
    Not sure if the DRS cord was attached
    DRS flap is smaller

anyone like to add well at least Ferrari have come out fighting this year hope shes fast as she looks!
    the inlet on top of the air intake is for feeding a radiator which is new in the rear. So could make the side pods more slimmer and tighter.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Thanks for all the ifo guys

I know it's a great innovation from Ferrari, so glad it was true shows Ferrari are not afraid to take risks. Forza Ferrari!
    there are a lot of critics that says the suspension will not work. come on guys, there's a ton of engineers at ferrari already debated about this suspension. there are pros and cons. and they eventually agreed on this. these critics think they are more wiser than engineers, eventually they are not

lets do it in 2012, so the nose is not model material but it looks fast and dangerous.... :)

they say that the nose is ugly but i think there is more than 70% that rb8 will have a nose that looks like this one.

It's not beauty that matters,it's speed.It's not what people say or believe.I have faith in our team they know for sure what's better or worse for our car.I will have faith and always think possitive,everything in that car resembles the choises we have taken and our risks.The one who dares wins.I think it's better to take big risks to win than being conservative and watching others beating us.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    for a Ferrari fan you sure seem to be unhappy with them a lot, how about you wait and see come 1st race where we stand?

Kimi giving Alonso a hard time LOL, seriously you are trolling right?
    no just thinking of a possible fight that can affect alonso to win,if ferrari engineers will be careless this could happened,now the rival can be 3 now,i think kimi is more aggressive,and i know lotus has an idea and redbull too,but im hoping that even this will happend,ferrari could find some solutions,maybe your right just wait and see,if fia remove the ban in race height system in the middle of race,i will not surprise of it in my opinion im just hoping that ferrari will do develop that system in case of its existance,sorry to my english i never make this comment to hurt or troll but to know how will they come up with this the launch next week is lotus and redbull,i hope ferrari will have an advantage to their cars im just hopping. sorry guys if im trolling

Nothing new on the F2012, apart from the front pull-rod which no one will use. They just copy some bits here and there, and make it to comply to the new rules

Sidepod - Last year Red Bull RB7 is even slimmer, shrinkwrap slim. This year's sidepod is busy, not to mention the turbulence and no undercut. The volume remains the same.
    Radiator located above the gearbox - Copy from McLaren
    Cooling inlet above the airbox - Copy from McLaren. McLaren dropped that this year, it is inefficient and disturb flow to the rear wing.
    Pull-rod rear - Copy from RB7. For a single deck diffuser rules, pull-rod is a no brainer.

This car is an all-new, they should have been packaged better. Look at the RB7, a mere evolution from the RB5 and RB6, but the packaging evolves magnificently.
    I can't see how this car is said to be fast. Some said, "I don't care if it look ugly as long as it is fast". This car just look ugly and slow

FERNANDO ALONSO: now that we have seen the youngest 2 time world champion(vettel), next year we will see the youngest 3 time world champion. (he is not obviously referring to vettel but to himself)

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    That's a very big improvement to the rear section, its so much slimmer now

I don't think anyone can make one any smaller

That's a very big improvement to the rear section, its so much slimmer now

I don't think anyone can make one any smaller
    yes, pretty slim right? i also wonder how small it is their gear box. this might be a factor of what they are saying about aggressive aproach

Quote Originally Posted by sheikomatic View Post
    Nothing new on the F2012, apart from the front pull-rod which no one will use. They just copy some bits here and there, and make it to comply to the new rules

Sidepod - Last year Red Bull RB7 is even slimmer, shrinkwrap slim. This year's sidepod is busy, not to mention the turbulence and no undercut. The volume remains the same. - where are you looking at, imagine the exhaust of lastyear on this car, the f2012 beats he rb7 in packaging
    Radiator located above the gearbox - Copy from McLaren ----is it from Mclaren??? Or was williams first
    Cooling inlet above the airbox - Copy from McLaren. McLaren dropped that this year, it is inefficient and disturb flow to the rear wing. ---- is it from Mclaren again Williams had it first
    Pull-rod rear - Copy from RB7. For a single deck diffuser rules, pull-rod is a no brainer.

This car is an all-new, they should have been packaged better. Look at the RB7, a mere evolution from the RB5 and RB6, but the packaging evolves magnificently.
    I can't see how this car is said to be fast. Some said, "I don't care if it look ugly as long as it is fast". This car just look ugly and slow.
    Slow........ The macca looks slow , just compare both cars.. And you think the rb8 will be tighter packaged think again...
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Sidepod - Last year Red Bull RB7 is even slimmer, shrinkwrap slim. This year's sidepod is busy, not to mention the turbulence and no undercut. The volume remains the same.
    Cooling inlet above the airbox - Copy from McLaren. McLaren dropped that this year, it is inefficient and disturb flow to the rear wing.

I can't see how this car is said to be fast. Some said, "I don't care if it look ugly as long as it is fast". This car just look ugly and slow
    You were banned from McLaren forums so you are trolling here or what? Save you gibberish, noone is interested here...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I'm worried about the reliability though. Pull rod at the front fair enough, but with this all new car, I can see some niggles.
    Hope they iron them out in testing.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroFA View Post
    Slow........ The macca looks slow , just compare both cars.. And you think the rb8 will be tighter packaged think again...
    yes, the rb6 & 7 were able to have a tight package at the rear because of their EBD, the layout of the pipes allow them to have a tight package at the rear, now, it is banned and the new exhaust layout because of the new regulations will prohibit them to have a tight package at the rear. same thing goes for macca and the rest of the field. they always under estimate ferrari engineers. lets wait and see at Australia who is the fastest car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Anyone sees the merit of having the sidepod intake being slanted backwards like this?

Love this shot, the rear is very tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post

My first reaction.
    Its actually what we went for on purpose. Imagine if RB get a killer machine again. All we have to do is have a car right up behind them. Sooner or later Vettel has to look in his rear view mirror. Case closed.

Love this shot, the rear is very tight.

Great shot!

Didn't realise the rear was that tight. Will Ferrari adopt any additional openings around the rear to aid cooling during hotter races? (e.g. Monaco)

Anyone here got connections to the Ferrari F1 team? Surely this guy should be recommended to the team, he can judge if a car is quick just by looking at it! Not even have to get it on the track! Amazing!

I think we've just found our missing part for the new dream team!

this one is a replay of the launch, with from 9:15 onwards, LdM gives his thoughts.

sorry if it has been posted already.

that nose does look a little draggy, and aero benefits are probably huge, but i bet by fully track testing it, they can make SOME small changes to refine the shape. but i like how Tombazis says there will be even more of the car for Barca.
    it may look 'ugly', but the more i see it, the more of a 'boss' it looks.

P.S. has anyone read scarbs' article on Autosport about the car? i tried other analysis, but all it tells us is that it is 'break from the past', and is 'radical'
    thanks for that guys, we really needed for you handsomely paid 'tech analyst to point that out for us' some proper interesting analysis could be appreciated, thanks.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post

My first reaction.
    Tifosi reaction after the initial shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Tifosi reaction after the initial shock.

but what is that cap guy doing? that is some disturbing ****

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Two quick wallpapers. I was originally making them for myself but you found me the picture I was looking for so... if anyone find them usefull. I know, these are nothing fantastic but I just wanted our new "duck" on the desktop so...

do you have this pictures in high res please
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Are you sure you're a Ferrari fan?