http://postimage.org/image/e262utf85/full/
    http://postimage.org/image/l1t6ne06v/full/

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    These are 1080p (1920x1080 px). That's the best I have:
    thanks mate
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by sheikomatic View Post
    Nothing new on the F2012, apart from the front pull-rod which no one will use. They just copy some bits here and there, and make it to comply to the new rules

Sidepod - Last year Red Bull RB7 is even slimmer, shrinkwrap slim. This year's sidepod is busy, not to mention the turbulence and no undercut. The volume remains the same.
    Radiator located above the gearbox - Copy from McLaren
    Cooling inlet above the airbox - Copy from McLaren. McLaren dropped that this year, it is inefficient and disturb flow to the rear wing.

Pull-rod rear - Copy from RB7. For a single deck diffuser rules, pull-rod is a no brainer.

This car is an all-new, they should have been packaged better. Look at the RB7, a mere evolution from the RB5 and RB6, but the packaging evolves magnificently.
    I can't see how this car is said to be fast. Some said, "I don't care if it look ugly as long as it is fast". This car just look ugly and slow
    this is not a ferrari fan ,mods yours turn
    Forza Ferrari

Nothing new on the F2012, apart from the front pull-rod which no one will use. They just copy some bits here and there, and make it to comply to the new rules

Sidepod - Last year Red Bull RB7 is even slimmer, shrinkwrap slim. This year's sidepod is busy, not to mention the turbulence and no undercut. The volume remains the same.
    Cooling inlet above the airbox - Copy from McLaren. McLaren dropped that this year, it is inefficient and disturb flow to the rear wing.
    Pull-rod rear - Copy from RB7. For a single deck diffuser rules, pull-rod is a no brainer.

This car is an all-new, they should have been packaged better. Look at the RB7, a mere evolution from the RB5 and RB6, but the packaging evolves magnificently.
    I can't see how this car is said to be fast. Some said, "I don't care if it look ugly as long as it is fast". This car just look ugly and slow
    If, at the end of the season your expertees proves to be right, then of course feel free to bask in the smugness of being able to say "I told you (and Ferrari) so."

However, until then, perhaps it's best to be a tad more positive? While we've had a few disappointing seasons, it's a better time than ever to have faith in the team and feel fired up and positive for the year ahead.
    Forza Jules

Indeed there are no visible innovations on our car yet and that's probably a good thing. I guess we are hiding something inside the car or delaying innovations as far as possible. It would be foolish to show all our cards now.

well, apart from the front pullrod. i still thing that they have a nice trick with the exhausts pointing the way they do. i read a scarbs article say they can really get a lot of downforce blowing the brake ducts next to the rear wheels.

here is a pic from the article

1328285156.gif

example1.jpg

credit to Redragon from f1 technical forum. and Scarbs.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

These are 1080p (1920x1080 px). That's the best I have:
    tray this for your desktop
    now is 4360X2858
    http://postimage.org/image/uvnny6d0b/
    Last edited by Nisko; 4th February 2012 at 10:44.
    Forza Ferrari

FORZA FERRARI!!! Crush RB and McClowns!

the flying lap. at the start it is Force india, and an interview with Jules, and from 42:30, they discuss the new Ferrari, with scarbs giving his input.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Cathay Pacific View Post
    Anyone sees the merit of having the sidepod intake being slanted backwards like this?
    Well Reb bull have similar style side pods, I think it's to cut the air, and has aerodynamic benefits.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

[QUOTE=sheikomatic;707169]Nothing new on the F2012, apart from the front pull-rod which no one will use. They just copy some bits here and there, and make it to comply to the new rules

I can't see how this car is said to be fast. Some said, "I don't care if it look ugly as long as it is fast". This car just look ugly and slow[/QUOTE/]

Troll alert, the extreme undercut channelling is now on the top side of the side pods. Gets more extreme at rear. Use the topside, as less blockage from wheels and front wing. Better flow. The top air inlet on airbox, is there for good reason. Helps with the radiator which is at rear. This car is going to walk all over Macca and de-wing Red Bull.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

the ferrari's diffuser is massive compared to the mclaren, almost as big as the DDDs in 2010. they could just be show diffusers, but surely the size would stay the same?

does anyone have anymore info regarding this, or any benefits for either side?

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

the ferrari's diffuser is massive compared to the mclaren, almost as big as the DDDs in 2010. they could just be show diffusers, but surely the size would stay the same?

does anyone have anymore info regarding this, or any benefits for either side?
    they, i think now have to stay within certain dimensions. Looking at the Macca exhaust exits there, they not that covered up, clever design.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

There is lots of new bits on the new Ferrari and more to come. What is old actually a haters rant about everything regarding Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    they, i think now have to stay within certain dimensions. Looking at the Macca exhaust exits there, they not that covered up, clever design.
    That's true, the diffuser opening itself is fixed.

Anyway Scarb mentioned yesterday that the diffuser is a separate part that is attached to the floor, so maybe what we're seeing there is not the diffuser at all, just a mock part to complete the car.

Anyway I think this may suggest that Ferrari and Mclaren may have new ideas around the diffuser, otherwise if its the same as last year, there's no reason to hide it. Looking forward to see what Ferrari may have

According to Nick Tombazis
    • The front wing is an evolution of the wing Ferrari introduced in the last races of last season. there’s going to be further development at the third test before the start of the season.
    • It took them quite a lot of work in the structural and design office and vehicle dynamics departments, in order to regain all the mechanical characteristics that they wanted the front pull rod suspension to have.
    • They have changed the philosophy for the lateral crash structures. It was very difficult to homologate the car due to new crash test. There is some aerodynamic advantage in the area of the main turning vanes and the vertical profiles that lie next to the sidepod inlet.
    • New nose maybe aesthetically not very pleasing, but they believe it is the most efficient aerodynamic solution to that area of the car.
    • Narrow profile especially at the low part of the ‘coke panel’. That has been made possible out of the repackaging of the chassis and engine rear part, and also out of the gearbox that has been completely reviewed and made narrower.
    • F2012 has fairly wide solutions at the upper part of the side pods for new exhaust regulations.
    • Exhaust positions will be finalized after winter testing.
    • Radiator cooling on top of the gearbox so as to reduce the cooling area required at the lateral part of the car.
    • The rear wing is basically similar to last year’s, but they have refined it and pushed the sections of the aerodynamic profile small, in order to produce more downforce.
    • The F2012 has a relatively small amount of carry-over compared to previous cars. Components that are used either physically the same as last year or conceptually the same are much fewer.

Don't forget that we have a lighter KERS as well! Which gives us more flexibility on the weight distribution and improve the balance of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Don't forget that we have a lighter KERS as well! Which gives us more flexibility on the weight distribution and improve the balance of the car.
    Remember, the weight distribution is prescribed

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    Yep. The best thing from that is that we can put the weight as low as possible to lower our COG.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    this is not a ferrari fan ,mods yours turn
    Don't pay attention. This guy should go and slap himself. Kinda of a loser-expert behind the keyboard.

If the nose wasn't so ugly it would be a pretty good looking car. I have to say the move to OZ wheels makes the side views look stunning. I think they have a clever design for the exhaust exits. It appears when it comes to exhausts it will be whoever has the best design in still using blown exhaust gasses to improve aero efficiency. Expect 2013 to have another exhaust exit rule change. I think the area around the gearbox is a tremendous improvement. While nothing is really revolutionary on the car, there are major steps forward for the Ferrari team.

@ sheikomatic,

Actually, the F2012 race car is a vastly different machine to the last few years of Ferrari race cars! All new suspension type (Pull Rod), very different cooling system, new Gearbox, wheelbase and chassis of the new race car is completely different in both conception and design of air flow, new front wing, big changes at the rear of the car with a new diffuser which is completely revised and dedicated to working with the new pull-rod suspension as a means to greatly aid air flow and downforce. This new Ferrari F2012 race car also has newly, re-sculpted sidepods which aid the active movement of air to generate downforce both over and draw air from under the race car, new KERS by Magneti-Marelli which is much lighter and has a smaller battery pack, new DRS as well and finally a NEW FLOOR and UNDERTRAY on its way to be tested at the last test!

So what we see with this new Ferrari F2012 Race Car is a COMPLETELY NEW DESIGN! It is NOT just a revised car or an update to the old race car.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    Yes you are right! Still a lighter KERS should give us some improvement i think.

Yeah, the front back is weight distribution ratio is fixed. But not the exact place.
    At least I think you can place the ballast wherever you want as long as it complies with that ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post
    According to Nick Tombazis

Wow, thanks!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Notice how in the technical video Mr. Tombazis specifically mentions there is no negative aero impact from the nose 'ramp/step'. Things that may look 'wrong' to the eye aren't necessarily bad from an airflow perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post

Awesome. Thanks!!!

The aerial view of the nose of the F2012

reminds me of a duck that we see here-northern shoveler

I'm going to call F2012 what we duck hunters call the shoveler

Spoonie

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

You were banned from McLaren forums so you are trolling here or what? Save you gibberish, noone is interested here...
    You know this for a fact?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Tifosi reaction after the initial shock.

hahahahahaha

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus