---
    Brilliant! Grazie

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    No It's just the attitude I mostly see from McLaren fans... so I kicked

Ahh, OK. Better to let the mods handle (possible) trolls, though.

If you don't see any of us around, then PM one of us, or report the post (click on the ! triangle at the bottom left of the offending post)

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Awesome. Thanks!!!

The aerial view of the nose of the F2012

reminds me of a duck that we see here-northern shoveler

I'm going to call F2012 what we duck hunters call the shoveler

Spoonie
    Greig will like that.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post

I must confess, i initially thought we are finished by the way the car looked. But on seeing these pics, the car looks mean. might actually be a great design. Cant wait for the season to get started.
    Silently, like a shadow

I just love the exhaust. Its beautiful!!!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I just love the exhaust. Its beautiful!!!
    I second that. The car sure is radically different. Looking forward to a good season!

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I must confess, i initially thought we are finished by the way the car looked. But on seeing these pics, the car looks mean. might actually be a great design. Cant wait for the season to get started.
    It was my first word when describing that baby, it's like a fighter jet switched on to combat mode ready for battle

They should had a sticker on her saying "I'm not here to win the beauty contest but to kick some Butts" or something like that...

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Ok it's an ugly car so what it will be beautifull in my eyes if it wins races and championships.

Nuff said.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

if the shape of ferrari sidepod,will be like the shape of the Lambo 291 sidepod,it will be slower right

I'm not sure that tube with the Acer sticker on it is the exhaust?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

LOL, the only visual oddity is the stepped nose otherwise this is a very organic shape that exudes Maximum Air Flow. All teams will seek to maximize the air flow of their race cars especially now without the artificial influence of the "Off Throttle Exhaust" aid which will make the race cars much closer in spec. The only real differences in the race cars will be in the depth of the Aero Development of each race car. Ferrari are showing a very developed race car and when comparing the to the other cars displayed, the Ferrari seems more developed at this early stage. We know the cars will change during the testing period and at the first race but, at the very least, Ferrari promises a big development of the Floor and Undertray. They have covered the bases with the introduction of the Pull-Rod Suspension to match the top teams and they have managed to keep the nose as high as possible. The biggest differences in the Ferrari F2012 and other cars displayed so far is at the Rear End of the race car which they have now shrunken. The Gearbox is made even smaller, they Centralized the Cooling System to the backside of the air box which allows a reduction of the Sidepods, Shrinking the KERS & Battery Pack and lowering its location aid in lowing the center of gravity of the race car. I think the drawing of air from the underside of the race car and bearing greater pressure on the Revised Diffuser will be the key to staying ahead of the field. Add to that the fact that they have altered the suspension system drasticly now and area have the biggest affect on the race car. These drastic many changes should finally enable Ferrari to match the rate of heating the tires and use the tires to far better effect. Both the Front and the Rear of the Race Car now seem to be much more developed and appear to be vastly improve in channeling air flow.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Yes Tony, that is where the exhaust is

Its amazing how much more surface area the current front wing has over last year's launch car. Must make a lot more downforce

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Yes Tony, that is where the exhaust is

Its amazing how much more surface area the current front wing has over last year's launch car. Must make a lot more downforce
    I'm totally confused with this car, then again I'm no expert so it's pretty simple to be confused for me lol..... but, looking at the photo below, you can see that the tube that has Acer written on it points directly towards the rear brake duct (apologies, there's a McLaren on the left :barf):

However, looking at the pick from the back, you can catch the edge of what appears to be an exhaust pipe that is lower down further to the right of the brake duct (yellow arrows):

There appear to be two pipes or am I losing it?

Either way, thinking about what's going on at the back makes my brain hurt.... thinking about the nose at the front makes my eyes hurt.... I need some tylenol lol....
    Last edited by Tony; 5th February 2012 at 02:38. Reason: Apparently I don't know left from right lol....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm totally confused with this car, then again I'm no expert so it's pretty simple to be confused for me lol..... but, looking at the photo below, you can see that the tube that has Acer written on it points directly towards the rear brake duct (apologies, there's a McLaren on the left :barf):

However, looking at the pick from the back, you can catch the edge of what appears to be an exhaust pipe that is lower down further to the left of the brake duct (yellow arrows):

There appear to be two pipes or am I losing it?

Either way, thinking about what's going on at the back makes my brain hurt.... thinking about the nose at the front makes my eyes hurt.... I need some tylenol lol....
    ferrari has a strong point in the rear side,many holes,i hope fia will never ban it

I suspect the same thing as Tony. I believe the exhaust is blowing the beam wing and the other orifice with the Acer logo is a vent blowing the brake ducts.

Here is my illustration.

The yellow circles are what I believe to be the exhaust exits while the yellow line is a reference for the pic below.

Here again the yellow denotes the exhaust and the line the reference from the previous picture.

It is just a theory but I believe Ferrari are energising the air flow from the radiator which exits by the Acer logo by utilising the energy from the exhaust and thus the two exits are so close together.

The white circles and lines are what I believe to be the intended path of the radiator air.

Not bad.

The Acer duct is going downwards so if the exhaust is in there, it would be illegal. I think Tony is right about the exhaust position, though I'm not sure that it's blowing the beam wing - the picture isn't clear so depending on the angle it could be blowing the rear brake area.

yeah, scarbs clears that up a little.

Exhausts and cooling outlets (by Acer logo) merged into a chimney exit around the brake ducts and suspension
    from his twitter. it seems they have made up a cocktail of cooling air, and exhaust gases in that area, and the exact location of the exhaust exit can change, but it is still not clear now. i think something interesting may be going on there.

btw, they could modify the nose, if they wanted.
    Tubs arent fixed for the year, they cam homologate a new tub if its crash tested

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I agree on the nose..It looks to boxy/abrupt to be final..I think these popular nose's's may be the norm, but
    not w/out some form to them. Great pix and nice rear end on that Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post

Not bad.
    Please someone and correct me if im wrong but where the brake/pit lights are there is a big circle behind it..... is that feeding the defuser hot hair??

I mean there is a 2nd hole at the top of the car cooling the gearbox and kers unit maybe the hot air from them units are being used to feed the defuser??? Possible???

it looks like it blows hot air to the large rear brake duct fins. it looks heat comes from the radiators and exhaust pipes
    Hell would have broken loose

A basic layout for the exhaust can be seen on the Force India car. This is something every team including Ferrari needs to obey.

But one thing I'm not clear about is the bodywork effect on the exhaust gas, because what we're seeing here, the acer part, is part of the body work. Ferrari most likely release the exhaust gas within this bodywork section and it will direct the gas to wherever its pointing at.

So the exhaust itself may not need to point at where the gas needs to go, we use that external bodywork to direct the gas instead. But how far and how legal this is, I'm not sure. Surely there's a limit or teams will use the bodywork to direct the gas all the way to the diffuser.

well, win or lose, i'd just like to say what a relief it is to see ferrari FINALLY pushing the boat out. this year we have an extreme design, and this is the road i like to see ferrari on. lets hope the others are still scratching their heads........ roll on melbourne FORZA FERRARI

This is a car with great potentials, even if the RedCows or McCowards are faster than us at the beginning with whatever magical tricks they may have, The F2012 will not be limited like the F150 in terms of development and this is what matters!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I agree on the nose..It looks to boxy/abrupt to be final..I think these popular nose's's may be the norm, but
    not w/out some form to them. Great pix and nice rear end on that Ferrari.
    yep i expect it to be a little more refined for the first test.

on the flexi wing, i reckon RedBull at least will still find a way to flex the wing more, even with the new test. we all thought that flexing would be conquered last year, but then rb showed up at Australia and flexed. Ferrari should also try to keep their flexi wing.

luckily we 'stole' their wing and can study it to help pass the test. ;)

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Vettel's car is not so ugly
    Vettel boss taunts against Ferrari: Our car is not so ugly

FRANK SCHNEIDER

Formula 1 - the world is laughing at the new Ferrari F 2012! An ugly kink in the nose disfigured the new rocket by Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa!

Now the Formula 1 fans are eagerly awaiting the new official car of double world champion Sebastian Vettel. Morning by 13 clock shows the Red Bull RB 8 for the first time is also so ugly?
    The new Ferrari
    Derision for the new Ferrari F2012 on Facebook. Formula 1 fans do not like the new racing car
    "As Quasimodo" fans deride the new Ferrari
    What is this? The ugliest Ferrari ever

Vettel reassured boss Helmut Marko and taunts towards Italy, "because we have a technical solution that looks a lot better. Our car is not as ugly as the Ferrari. But it's not like the McLaren, who has not got a kink in the nose. For us it is just a bit smaller and more elegant. "

To save the honor of Ferrari and other teams (Force India, Caterham), it must be said: Volunteer, the chief designer, their cars are not designed to bend. Guilt is a change in rules of the World Federation Fia. The nose may be from a certain point, more than 55 inches above the floor. They want safer in a side impact. And reduce the risk that the cars take off in a crash.

Moreover, in terms of beauty is still the wisdom of Mercedes boss Norbert Haug: "Beautiful is what is ahead." However, there was Ferrari also last far too rare.
    This is Bild, so you can take it with a pinch of salt. Also I put it through google translate.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...6256.bild.html

Let's wait, my first impression was neutral and now somehow I like it

and guys don't forget: He laughs best who laughs last, it's my message to Mr. Lemonade Marko

Aye will be all my pleasure having to look on a crying baby face,

Mr. Marko that duck spanked uss again...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!