Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

meh. F2012 still prettier than Marko.

RedBull being classless.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Red Bull can have as pretty a car as they want, as long as we are spanking them!

The future is RED

Among front runners, RedBull had the ugliest car past few years. No wonder they are so happy to see that they won't be alone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

RedBull being classless.
    as usual...
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

sorry if been posted, but a very interesting article predicting what teams will blow this year. on the brake ducts that Ferrari seem to blow, along with the beam wing.

Brake Ducts
    Also blowing the rear brake ducts is an avenue worth exploring. The exhaust geometry doesn’t work quite so well in this area. Brake duct vanes, which we have seen proliferate over the past few years are allowed to be 120mm inboard of the rear wheel, roughly in line with the wheel and can protrude forwards the front perimeter of the tyre. But as some of the brake duct is ahead of the rear axle line there is less surface to blow on.
    This might still be better than rear wing blowing, as the downforce is produced directly on the unsprung wheel, rather than passing through the suspension. The benefits of this over rear wing blowing would need a simulation to establish the better path.
    Practicalities of heat shielding the rear brake ducts are already understood from EBDs which already apply of the exhaust plume over their surfaces. Also tricky would the positioning of the brake cooling snorkel, but again this is not insurmountable.

Beam Wing
    The beam wing is another possibility, this will be hard to blow with the exhaust positioning, perhaps the airflows downwash over the rear of the car could make it possible, but this doesn’t seem likely.
    One possible help to creating more downwash of the exhaust plume towards the beam wing is the use of the suspension elements. The wishbones, push rod and track rod are unsprung and not counted as bodywork. Although they should be considered aero neutral, they are allowed to point up or down 5-degrees. If these elements were placed in the exhausts flows path, they could deflect the exhaust plume downward. In particular the rear leg of the top wishbone, which is already widely used a flow control device sitting high up in line with the top of the wheel and rear axle, could be used to drive some flow downwards to the rear of the car. Clearly any suspension element whether it be made of composites or titanium would need heat shielding to protect it from the +800c gasses
    http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/1...blown-effects/

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I wonder, if the f2012 soo ugly as some say becames a authoritarian car, if they try to copy him!!!...Marko??? Dont be soo arrogant and stupid . You have Newey and we have his Master Rory in our side....this year your finger boy is going to know well the F2012 rear!!!
    Last edited by luicchi; 5th February 2012 at 18:03.
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    I wonder, if the f2012 soo ugly as some say becames a authoritarian car, if they try to copy him!!!...Marko??? Dont be soo arrogant and stupid . You have Newey and we have is Master Rory in our side....this year your finger boy is going to know well the F2012 rear!!!
    I'm loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    I wonder, if the f2012 soo ugly as some say becames a authoritarian car, if they try to copy him!!!...Marko??? Dont be soo arrogant and stupid . You have Newey and we have is Master Rory in our side....this year your finger boy is going to know well the F2012 rear!!!
    oh deary me, LOL.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

No not our rear cuase then he'll be right behind it! He will need some very very very powerfull binoculars to see our F2012's rear end .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

exactly. dont worry marko, if you dont like the Ferrari front, you won't be seeing it much.

in me that nose is ugly but usefull they have a process to put the air direct to airbox great

Quote Originally Posted by scudvirgin10 View Post
    in me that nose is ugly but usefull they have a process to put the air direct to airbox great
    That illustration is overly simplistic. The air will hit the step and there will be some spilage due to it attempting to remain attached causing a small low pressure area at the top of the step and thus speeding up the flow. I'd imagine the harsh edges will cause some vorticii but it would be rather weak.

It is difficult to illustrate without the right tools.

Ive actually got very used to the nose now, i love our car its awesome! Just hope its damn fast!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Tuesday can't come fast enough, it will be interesting to hear observations from drivers who haven't got a racing seat this year. Just like last year when Heidfeld commented on the Reb Bull.
    The first test will only be for reliability checks. I reckon from the second test onwards new parts will be introduced and the car will be pushed in order to gain details on the performance of the car.

I look forward to seeing the Ferrari front pull rod in action and whether the car is stable with the new suspension configuration. Exciting times!

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    This is Bild, so you can take it with a pinch of salt. Also I put it through google translate.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...6256.bild.html
    In other words, Red Bull probably have a bump similar to Force India. Which of course is so much more beautiful than Ferrari's bump

Ferrari should make a Miss Beauty Pageant trophy for Red Bull at the end of the season when we take both WDC and WCC trophy

:):

Ferrari twitter:

The F2012 was already waiting for the mechanics and the engineers inside the garage.

The team has arrived in Jerez: a bit of difference in terms of air temp (+15 °C) compared to Maranello

Reckon they might do a shakedown today?

When u look at the 2012 from a side view, she looks ok, everyone focusing on the nose, the rest of the car is cool.
    ^Mentioning the RB of 2011, I think it was a beautiful race car, looked much better than their previous, the new mac
    looks great, better than last years. Im interested to see if mac dont use the platEpus, what solution they came up with
    to use a more conventional nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    .... Exciting times!
    INDEED

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    When u look at the 2012 from a side view, she looks ok, everyone focusing on the nose, the rest of the car is cool.
    ^Mentioning the RB of 2011, I think it was a beautiful race car, looked much better than their previous, the new mac
    looks great, better than last years. Im interested to see if mac dont use the platEpus, what solution they came up with
    to use a more conventional nose.
    The Mcscum looks too conservative for me and look where that got us!! There last years car was more advanced than this years....

^ You dont know for sure how conservative the mac is...IF they found a different solution to the boxed nose, and it
    works, then its not..but I bet they will show up at test w/the platEpus nose.
    Im really interested as to why Merc isnt going to 1st test...Has Ross come up with another loophole?

sad to lotus there invention was destroy by fia,but teams need to think more clever because in the middle race i think they gonna remove that ban in race height suspension system.lotus e20 is more conservative i think than mclaren,mclaren has a timebomb,let us just wait mercedes is great if they manage the situation they can even beat ferrari if not its hurtful to them because the effort went wrong,maybe other teams will try to copy ferraris holes in rear that 2 at side one in center with floor in process

Helmut Marko is such a fool.
    Every his interview makes me doing facepalm.

Totally agreed with Honzus: That laughs best who laughs last.

Btw I don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what Keel do we have?

Tombazis accepts pressure is on at Ferrari

Ferrari chief designer Nikolas Tombazis has admitted the team’s relative underachievement in recent years means the whole company is feeling the pressure to deliver consistent race-winning performances this year.

At the launch of the team’s F2012 on Friday its management and drivers put emphasis on the deliberately more aggressive approach the squad has taken in the conception process for this year’s car, after being accused of lacking innovation in recent years. The car duly the most striking stepped nose of the 2012 challenger’s released to date, while the team has broken with recent design convention by reintroducing a pull-rod front suspension.

The famous Maranello marque’s unequalled F1 pedigree – the team has won a record 16 constructors’ and 15 drivers’ titles – means second in the pecking order, let alone a distant third as was the case last season, is considered to be an underachievement. Indeed, Tombazis doesn’t try to hide the fact that the pressure is really now on.

“As chief designer of the Scuderia, I do feel even more pressure than normal this year because we are really all very keen and very eager to get back to being competitive and hopefully winning again,” he said in a video interview for the team’s website.

“That pressure I believe is felt by everyone – from the very upper levels of the company, to the lower level, almost by the whole company. This pressure is very tangible and it’s something that we’re all working to hopefully get a good result and manage to relieve some of that pressure.”

The F2012 is the first car to be delivered by the team’s revamped technical team, which is now led by Pat Fry following the departure of Aldo Costa last year. The restructuring process has continued apace with the recent arrivals of Steve Clark from Mercedes and ex-Bridgestone chief Hirohide Hamashima – additions Fry expects to be important ones.

“Steve Clark’s joined us who takes over the head of race engineering, which is a good help for me and means I can concentrate more on the car programme as a whole. We have Hamashima starting with us,” he said. “There’s a wealth of experience between Steve and Hamashima which we hopefully can share with our current knowledge and build and get a better understanding of how to maximise the performance of the tyres.”

Fry also revealed that Ferrari was aiming to “get our average pit stops down by maybe four tenths [of a second], if we’re lucky, five tenths” this season after being the third quickest in the field last season.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...on-at-ferrari/

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Btw I don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what Keel do we have?
    I've got no idea!

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Yes we never had a chin wing with Schumacher right....Desperation? the car has not even turned a wheel on track yet here you are slating it?
    A what wing??
    [SIGPIC]

A few days in and she's grown on me. Give 'em hell, F2012!