Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

I think that we must wait for the final look of the car until team puts on all development parts.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    meh. F2012 still prettier than Marko.

RedBull being classless.
    427433_162180683896880_160954580686157_243398_39252289_n.jpg

Our nose being ugly or not is an irrelevant story...Scarbs thinks that our solution of the nose is the best ! :)
    "None really, I think the ferrari & sauber square cross section - flat topped nose is probably optimum" (asked which nose he likes the most at the moment)

With all the hate on this nose, and the "extra" space on top side of the chassis above the suspension points, have you guys thought that the extra space was needed to allow room for certain components (innovations) for the pullrod suspension to work? Everyone's said they don't know how Ferrari is going to make this work efficiently with the degree observed, but perhaps there are internal components that are needed to be mounted vertically to allow it to work. Engineers themselves (forgot if it was Tombazis or Fry) said that they needed a solution to resolve their tire warming issues, and make best use of the pirellis, while still providing them with the mechanical characteristics they required. This pullrod suspension is the best solution they found. Not only to be innovative. While lacking on the aero side, the Ferraris of the past couple of years were very strong with mechanical grip. I promise you that Ferrari engineers aren't going to throw/sacrifice that for aero. They know what their car lacked more than anybody so I bet you they've gotten a solution to make this pullrod work better than a pushrod. What that is though is something we may, or maybe never, find out the details of.
    One thing is guaranteed. No single component on an F1 car has ever been designed with look in mind. Form is always a direct result of function in f1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Btw I don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what Keel do we have?
    It looks like a Zero Keel, as airflow under the tub to the knife edge & the diffuser is important (hence the nose shape).

@Diosfenix Sergio Safety-car.es
    @Truzonef1 @joseluisf1 tengo el difusor de ferrari pic.twitter.com/2R3neJdJ
    I have the ferrari diffuser
    Ak_BTmnCQAAKP-C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    Last years car.

This Jose Luis is starting to look more and more like a chancer. Guess and hope I'm right!

I dont see that picture on joseluisf1 Tweeter

Yeah sorry.

isn't that F150 going by carbon layout with exhausts?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

– The nose vanes do not comply with 2012 regulations as they extend far below the reference plane set by the front wing endplates.

Which vanes and where exactly? Could someone explain (preferably with a picture), thanks... Also if it's illegal why Ferrari did it?

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    – The nose vanes do not comply with 2012 regulations as they extend far below the reference plane set by the front wing endplates.

Which vanes and where exactly? Could someone explain (preferably with a picture), thanks... Also if it's illegal why Ferrari did it?
    i think they mean the little carbon beam like things near the bottom of the front wing pillars.

P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    This is Bild, so you can take it with a pinch of salt. Also I put it through google translate.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/...6256.bild.html

RedBull looks just as bad as the F2012. or their livery sucks.
    Nice one Helmut.
    Last edited by scuderiafan; 6th February 2012 at 17:47.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Scarbs:
    "Three Ferrari engined cars and three tiny sidepod inlets. leaves us to ponder whats going on with that engine"

I love it :)

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Scarbs:
    "Three Ferrari engined cars and three tiny sidepod inlets. leaves us to ponder whats going on with that engine"

I love it :)
    Ferrari is what's going on with that engine
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

RedBull looks just as bad as the F2012. or their livery sucks.
    Nice one Helmut.
    The RB8 nose is platypussed to the max. Round beak, nostrils...

They just added horns.

i wonder if the RB was released in Feb 3rd, that if that would get slated as bad as the Ferrari did.

when i look at the other cars, i'm not intimidated by any of them, including the RedBull. then i say, they aren't showing all their cards, but then neither are we.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    I dont see that picture on joseluisf1 Tweeter
    it is a tweet to joseluisf1...
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

as i thought, redbull saying the f2012 looks ugly because of the stepped nose. but the rb8 also parading the stepped nose that they think is ugly. and what i was able to read, vettel lost his cockiness. he belive that the rb8 cant dominate like previous redbulls. same thing for newey, they knew that w/o the famous EBD, thay are in a great disadvantage
    Hell would have broken loose

Yes. Newey said they are forced to run a much lower rear ride height as the ban of EBD and the new exhaust regulation made sealing of the diffuser as last year impossible. Red Bull run a high rear ride height/huge rake last year, this effectively increases the volume of the diffuser, the side of the diffuser is then sealed with EBD minimising spillage. They simply have 20kph advantage at Barcelona becuase of the EBD.

This year's RB8 will have lower underbody generated downforce compared to the RB7, this will level the field. They have the most to lose from the regulation.

Williams last year never understand the mechanical characteristic/behavior of their car, the car is mechanically awful and they are close to be beaten by Team Lotus/Caterham. Ferrari never make the tire to work, the car is very nervous on braking. Red Bull on the opposite side is able to run tire camber over the limit given by Pirelli, that means they utilised the tires fully

A different engineering philosophy and the huge mechanical changes, and i.e. the front rear pull-rod suspension and the new tires make this year's pre season testing a steep learning curve for Ferrari. We understand cars the best during Schumacher days simply by unlimited testing, it won us titles. The F10 is an example of a car we understand best, it is an all-rounded car without much problem, that car won Monza, Singapore and Korea and nearly give Alonso the WDC.

We made huge mistakes last year, we came to Melbourne only to find we are 1.4 seconds behind Red Bull. The testing time is nothing, it is only a time period to fully understand the behavior of the car. My hope is we can extract the best from our package for the season. Its a long season, a 20-race season and they should react very fast to any problem.

That mclearn nose surely can't be legal.... why, out of all the teams are they the only one with a low nose?

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    That mclearn nose surely can't be legal.... why, out of all the teams are they the only one with a low nose?
    Its legal...as the whole chassis is lowered...Their disadvantage will be that their chassis provides more blockage to flow underneath the car..

BTW if Ferrari ran F2012 nose vanes in a race that would be illegal..as there should be no bodywork in that area...OK for a car launch...not OK for race :)

Quote Originally Posted by sheikomatic View Post
    Yes. Newey said they are forced to run a much lower rear ride height as the ban of EBD and the new exhaust regulation made sealing of the diffuser as last year impossible. Red Bull run a high rear ride height/huge rake last year, this effectively increases the volume of the diffuser, the side of the diffuser is then sealed with EBD minimising spillage. They simply have 20kph advantage at Barcelona becuase of the EBD.

This year's RB8 will have lower underbody generated downforce compared to the RB7, this will level the field. They have the most to lose from the regulation.

Williams last year never understand the mechanical characteristic/behavior of their car, the car is mechanically awful and they are close to be beaten by Team Lotus/Caterham. Ferrari never make the tire to work, the car is very nervous on braking. Red Bull on the opposite side is able to run tire camber over the limit given by Pirelli, that means they utilised the tires fully

A different engineering philosophy and the huge mechanical changes, and i.e. the front rear pull-rod suspension and the new tires make this year's pre season testing a steep learning curve for Ferrari. We understand cars the best during Schumacher days simply by unlimited testing, it won us titles. The F10 is an example of a car we understand best, it is an all-rounded car without much problem, that car won Monza, Singapore and Korea and nearly give Alonso the WDC.

We made huge mistakes last year, we came to Melbourne only to find we are 1.4 seconds behind Red Bull. The testing time is nothing, it is only a time period to fully understand the behavior of the car. My hope is we can extract the best from our package for the season. Its a long season, a 20-race season and they should react very fast to any problem.
    Doubt if f10 can be seen as a reference...it was not as fast as the RBR cars in the last 2 years...Alonos did well in it to put the car there

probably got something up their sleeve like the F duct that they wont show until the tests

Quote Originally Posted by voiko View Post
    probably got something up their sleeve like the F duct that they wont show until the tests

Check out the Sauber...they have a vent in their nose...Merc tested the FW fduct last year extensively...Mclaren simply have a chassis which is very low.

Truzonef1 twitter:

- "There are rumors that the FIA has already conducted an inspection of the Red Bull and Ferrari exhaust, both position and angle of the same."

iceman flying already, massa / ferrari about 3.0sec behind fisrt few laps. ferrari sand bagging?????
    Hell would have broken loose

It is legal. Their entire chassis is lower, which means they don't need the step.