Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

Whats this I'm hearing about Fiorano being a heated track, meaning running pipes under the asphalt with hot water so they can test in colder conditions..??? Is this true ??
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Ferrari to unveil a new snow plough later today.
    Drum roll...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I have spoken to Luca Colijannnniiiiii and offered our services to clear the track
    I personally recommend these three..

OZ wheel for the new Ferrari
    The wheels will wear the famous logo of the company from Padua, featuring the colour yellow, which harks back to the one used in the early Eighties.
    Gold/yellow wheels for the F2012?

Bah all they need are Pirellis with studs, I'm sure Fernando can handle a bit of snow...

Presentation has been canceled..."Pictures, interviews and technical analysis of the new car will be available tomorrow on www.ferrarif1.com"
    source: http://twitter.com/insideferrari
    I'm not sure if it means car shakedown on the track or complete ceremony???Just internet presentation???

Blast

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Presentation has been canceled..."Pictures, interviews and technical analysis of the new car will be available tomorrow on www.ferrarif1.com"
    I'm not sure if it means car shakedown on the track or complete ceremony???Just internet presentation???
    The tweet says the "launch ceremony" has been cancelled

Aww man... So they will just post up the pictures online?

http://formula1fanpage.blogspot.com/...-ceremony.html

Ferrari cancels launch ceremony

Heavy snowfall has affected much of Italy and made access to the Ferrari headquarters difficult Đ Ferrari
    Enlarge
    Ferrari has cancelled the launch ceremony for its 2012 car due to the weather conditions at Maranello.
    The car was due to be launched at the team's headquarters in Northern Italy on Friday morning, with a track run also planned in the afternoon or on Saturday for promotional purposes. However, with heavy snowfall and cold temperatures affecting much of Europe, Ferrari has been forced to cancel the event.

As a result the team has announced that it will still launch the car on Friday via its website, following the likes of Red Bull and Lotus who have also chosen to launch online.
    "It is still snowing heavily here in Maranello," Ferrari said via its Twitter account. "Therefore, the launch ceremony of the new F1 car has been cancelled. Pictures, interviews and technical analysis of the new car will be available tomorrow [online]."
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Why can't they do a stream event, even if guest and journalist can reach Maranello, they have the car, the drivers, Montezemolo and so on, they can talk to the internet people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Why can't they do a stream event, even if guest and journalist can reach Maranello, they have the car, the drivers, Montezemolo and so on, they can talk to the internet people.
    Lol a special bread like the mole and crab people....
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Most likely cause Alonso and Massa are still stuck at the beach. ;)

i hope they just delay the show not that put up picture maybe they do that in the test but unveiling the car like 458 italia is great
    Last edited by scudvirgin10; 2nd February 2012 at 09:22.

This sucks :( I was so looking forward to see Felipe and Fernando unveiling the car... Oh mother nature, you're one evil lady.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Could this be relate they want to protect something longer from the eyes of the competition ans uses snow as an excuse ?

No, it's really snowing
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by danlauz View Post
    Could this be relate they want to protect something longer from the eyes of the competition ans uses snow as an excuse ?
    They can hide everything they want during a presentation as well. Main reason I think is that people would struggle to reach the venue.

What's their problem with the Snow? They were only practicing for this eventuality at Madonna Di Campiglio the other week

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Ferrari cancels presentation as snow hits Maranello
    Source: GPUpdate

Ferrari has been forced to call off Friday’s launch presentation of its 2012 Formula 1 car. The Scuderia had planned to present its new contender to the media before several demonstration laps were carried out for filming at Fiorano, although Maranello and its surrounding area has been bit by heavy snow.

The team first issued a report about the weather situation on Wednesday, explaining that not only had thick snow affected the region but that local schools are closed for the rest of the week as temperatures are set to plummet to -10°C (14°F). On top of this, more bad weather is expected as the big freeze continues across Europe.

‘Therefore, the decision has been taken to cancel the presentation ceremony for the new car, which was to have taken place at 10.30 tomorrow,’
    reads a Ferrari press release, sent out early on Thursday. ‘The decision was taken because of the weather conditions and because of the difficulties that would have faced the 300 or so people due to attend from the team partners, the authorities and representatives of the media in their attempts to get to Maranello.'

In a change of plan, the car will now be launched through the Ferrari website before Felipe Massa is the first to test in Jerez in Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Drum roll...

ooo, race 10 of them around and the track will be clear in no time.

Da.....!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Raikkonen View Post
    What's their problem with the Snow? They were only practicing for this eventuality at Madonna Di Campiglio the other week
    Its hard for the people to move about outdoors during a snow storm.

Most of the invited guess and journalist would probably cancel their trip anyway.

The nearest airport in Bologna is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    The nearest airport in Bologna is closed.
    BLQ should be reopened for all flights (to and ex) after 6pm local today.

New F2012 under?
    source: Motorsport-total, picture taken from xpb.cc (there is no sign of Ferrari on their site)

New F2012 under?
    source: Motorsport-total, picture taken from xpb.cc (there is no sign of Ferrari on their site)
    If this is true the car looks like a BEAST

At least the nose looks fine.

Lets wait for internet experts to figure this one out if its some older model or really a new F2012...Nose looks good, VERY hight front wings, hmm...

Look at the rear wing please,it is too low.I think it can not be 2012 car.I was wrong when saw it also