Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post

My first reaction.

PMSL!!!.......Good one Hermann!!.......i cracked myself when you posted that hilarious clip!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    they could easily make the nose nice and clean. I don't think the bump is doing any good...

Come on, if they did it, it is because they have their reason, nobody design an ugly nose if they can design a beautiful nose. Give the team some credit, at least till the times prove they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Did Kimi sit down on our nose with a Magnum?
    No, he did with a magnum truck though
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by qb_marukochan View Post
    i cant see the exhaust placement, is it move to top ?
    Not exactly.

I ought maybe OZ would have designed some new rims for us, but they are exactly the same as Red Bull, is the the reason why we switched...to have exactly the same as Red Bull , is there something to these rims in combination with the Pirreli tires?

Car from the side looks good but from 3/4 views its ugly....and maybe the nose will change still....

let;s hope its quick...
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

My first reaction.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Looking at this pic (i´m no expert in aero) but I get a feeling they are trying much more than McL for example to get as much, and I mean much air underneth the car as possible.

http://cdn.speciali.ferrari.com/f201...ofilo_sx_2.jpg

dont see what all the raving and ranting is about - the nose is "unconventional" but the overall look is mean and aggressive. i get the feeling that Ferrari want to eat up the RBs and Macs and all the other minnows around.

i love it!
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Come on, if they did it is because they have their reason, nobody design an ugly nose if they can design a beautiful nose. Give the team some credit, at least till the times prove they are wrong.
    My point was: isn't it possible, that this is just a placeholder? It is the simpliest bump yet, it is higher, than it could be... Or maybe it is just me, hoping that's not the final look of the nose

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Looking at this pic (i´m no expert in aero) but I get a feeling they are trying much more than McL for example to get as much, and I mean much air underneth the car as possible.

http://cdn.speciali.ferrari.com/f201...ofilo_sx_2.jpg
    Well judging by the new sidepods, we're also trying to direct air over the car (sidepod channel) and through the car (engine cover intake).

when you look at it from a certain angle, the tyre covers that bump brilliantly
    not gonna change my profile picture

a high nose helps airflow under the car to the diffuser. so they put it as high as the rules allow. The reason why there is a bump when the nose reaches the body of the car is that that can be higher (not restricted by the new rule) What ferrari FI and Caterham have done is to have the suspension mounts as high as possible which also helps airflow and there are some handling benefits as well (that outweigh the higher center of gravity)

So you end up with the teams tracing the new FIA restrictions to the limit ending up with that nose bump.

I don`t think she is as ugly as some of you think, I kind of like her she does look quick and aggresive. We will get used to the nose i think.

Ok I'm no aerodynamicist, and I understand that the lowering of the nose is FIA imposed. My question is does that bump have any aerodynamic benefit or it just a matter of saving space and abiding by improving the drivers visibility?

Quote Originally Posted by FANDO View Post
    a high nose helps airflow under the car to the diffuser. so they put it as high as the rules allow. The reason why there is a bump when the nose reaches the body of the car is that that can be higher (not restricted by the new rule) What ferrari FI and Caterham have done is to have the suspension mounts as high as possible which also helps airflow and there are some handling benefits as well (that outweigh the higher center of gravity)

So you end up with the teams tracing the new FIA restrictions to the limit ending up with that nose bump.

We get that, but if you look at Ferrari, there is sooooo much space above the suspension thanks to pull-rod.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I think, if you take a closer look at the photos of the new F2012, it looks very promising. You can see a lot of effort and resources in this car. Lets hope it can be fastest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Well judging by the new sidepods, we're also trying to direct air over the car (sidepod channel) and through the car (engine cover intake).
    Yes, but I was looking only at the front. Looks like the very first mm´s of the nose directs air down...its very wide and very flat and the sweaping line goes down towards the lower parts of the sidepods. It looks as if you draw a line from the startingpoint from the sidepods lower area Ferrari wanted it as smooth as poiisble and as high up they could possible go in the front. You couldn´t do that if you are implementing McLs smoother style.

Oh nevermind FANDO answered my question

Yeah, and it looks like bar fighter with a broken nose:) Welcome to the Fight club

My first reaction.
    sooo funny thank u 4 this haha!!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Lets call it Cyrano.

Actually apart from the nose the car looks nice, but this thing just ruins the picture. Well i rest my case for now, lets wait and see how it will behave on track.

And it better behaves really, really well.

She looks mean and that's what matters!!!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

The rear is very interesting... big hole in the end...

Other photos:

Wow č incredibilmente brutta...spero almeno sia VINCENTE!!
    Wow it's incredibly ugly ... I hope at least is WINNING!

Interviews here:

http://singleseater2012.ferrari.com/english/web/#/video

I wish they'd kept the Italian flag at the back rather than you-know-who's logo.
    Forza Jules

If it's a winner it will be seen as a beautiful car and i don't think it's that bad looking. I only care that it wins races anyway.
    Last edited by Imperatore; 3rd February 2012 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We get that, but if you look at Ferrari, there is sooooo much space above the suspension thanks to pull-rod.
    Exactly, the top of the nose only needs to be as high as the suspension mounting.

I do have one concern though. Remember we were reported to fail the first crash test? I'm worried that we had to make the nose higher due to structural integrity issue (to increase the nose cross section area.) The smaller the area of impact, the stronger the material needed to be to withstand the same force. A larger area disperse the force over a wider area.

Just like how when we poke a sharp pencil on a table, we can easily break the tip. But if we cut the pencil and make the tip flat, we can hit it harder without breaking the pencil at all.

I hope this is not the case though

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Interviews here:

I wish they'd kept the Italian flag at the back rather than you-know-who's logo.
    You can name it. You sound as if talking about Voldemort

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    You can name it. You sound as if talking about Voldemort
    Ooooh they are much worse than that.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Interviews here:

http://singleseater2012.ferrari.com/english/web/#/video

yeah, Stefano mentioned that they extended sponsorship deal with Santander untill 2017 so they probably got more ad space on the car as part of this new deal