Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari to assist Kubicas comeback

Ferrari to assist Kubicas comeback

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/74...ca-s-Comeback-

Rumours of Robert Kubica's potential move to Ferrari - should he return to F1 - refuse to die down with the latest reports claiming Ferrari will aid his comeback.

Kubica has been sidelined since his a rally accident last February when he suffered broken bones on the right side of his body and an almost severed right hand.

And despite a minor setback, the result of a slip and fall on ice earlier this month, the Pole's recovery is reportedly progressing well.

According to Italian publication Omnicorse, Kubica is back driving using a Renault Megane with an automatic transmission.

He has a good range of movement is his right arm - 'flexing and extending of the right arm are already back to normal' - but there are still problems with rotation movements.

But, with his 'five hours a day' in physiotherapy, the 27-year-old is on the road to recovery and aiming to climb into a simulator in the not-too-distant future.

After that, the goal is a Formula One car, which is where Ferrari are believed to be entering the picture.

The Pole, who has reportedly signed a letter of intent with the Italian stable for the 2013 season, will, according to Omnicorse, get behind the wheel of a Ferrari F10 in June if everything goes according to plan.

The car, which will be fitted with the new turbocharged 1.6-liter V6 engine that will be introduced in 2014, will be outside the test ban regulations, allowing Kubica to put in the miles.

This will give the Pole the opportunity to evaluate his progress without too much pressure. And it could pave the way towards a comeback with Ferrari.

A win win for Ferrari and Kubica. Kubica gets his practice and we get our V6 test.

Looking forward to it

Nice loophole we found!

Nice to see a good loophole allegedly exploited, with Kubica driving & with using the 2014 engine

I hope that this test does actually takes place successfully in the respect of Kubicas' continuing recovery, hopefully leading to a race drive in 2013. I've always rated Kubica as one of the very best drivers - i love his style & demeanour.

I've been of the opinion that he could be a great Ferrari driver for at least couple of seasons now.

Of course, it remains to be seen if he's lost any speed from that dreadful accident.
    Last edited by Ant Raikkonen; 30th January 2012 at 11:26.

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

i have nothing against Kubica and it's nice to see that Ferrari supports his comeback, but there's just this tiny little thing - i would hate to hear for next few seasons that Kubica is not the same after his accident etc... you know the one we hear about Felipe all the time
    not gonna change my profile picture

Better people for the seat in my opinion. I'd rather prep a move for Vettel than Kubica.

I'd like to see Ferrari give Jules Bianchi a chance. He definitely has talent.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

It's nice that Scuderia give him opportunity to test the F1 car again. After that they will know how things stand. At the moment I'm more interested in this loophole to test v6t engine in 2010 homologated chassie. I'm looking throug the sporting regulations and I only find the article where it says that the car must be by regulations of this or previous years and of course fitted with promo tyres. If there is a loophole it's not great that reportes find out so soon about it because the other engine makers will now do the same or Fia will say "no". If there will be such testing I would expect that Ferrari will use one of FDA drivers alongside Kubice for reference mark (like Perez vs Bianchi in F60) because new engine will be tested.

Lets just hope that Bianchi keeps his mouth shut about Ferrari and the new car when he goes to Sahara!! May be they should get rid of Bianchi?!! Kubica way better than Vettel and Bianchi!! Just hope he makes a good recovery!!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo181 View Post
    Lets just hope that Bianchi keeps his mouth shut about Ferrari and the new car when he goes to Sahara!! May be they should get rid of Bianchi?!! Kubica way better than Vettel and Bianchi!! Just hope he makes a good recovery!!
    i wouldn't say that Kubica is necesarilly better than Vettel and Bianchi. sworry, but no-one knows how good Kubica is after his accident, we all hope for the best, but must be ready for the worse. i don't think Ferrari invests in it without thinking about it.
    i believe Bianchi has enough brain to understand that being a part in Ferrari team gives him more than selling them out cheap to Force India

Biachi got moved in my opinion because the decision with Kubica is already taken, subject to him being healthy enough, he'll do tests and then join Fernando (who considers him the best driver on the grid anyway), I think this was also decided in secret last year and is being kept on the down low by all parties involved until the time comes to make an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonAwesome View Post
    Biachi got moved in my opinion because the decision with Kubica is already taken, subject to him being healthy enough, he'll do tests and then join Fernando (who considers him the best driver on the grid anyway), I think this was also decided in secret last year and is being kept on the down low by all parties involved until the time comes to make an announcement.
    only to count on Kubica would be extremely stupid, he is in worse postion than rookies - haven't driven a car for more than a year

I think it is foolish to think of Kubica Driving for anyone at this time or anytime soon. With the most recent R-Broken Leg, Kubica is obviously very fragile and has a 6 to 12 months to go be ready for a Formula One race car. As far as Bianchi goes, The kid is young and eager to drive in Formula One and Force India is a very good first step to a full time drive. In the end, there is only so long a driver can stand still and wait for a drive.

Ciao.

Forza Ferarri!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonAwesome View Post
    Biachi got moved in my opinion because the decision with Kubica is already taken.
    He didn't get 'moved' though, did he? He's still part of the Ferrari academy. If anything, surely his role with Force India will be more beneficial regarding any possible future career with Ferrari because he's getting time in the car on Fridays. With Ferrari he was just hanging around the garage.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Better people for the seat in my opinion. I'd rather prep a move for Vettel than Kubica.
    Its good to see we are helping him. I do agree, that there are better drivers out there and, coming through. Vettel? 5-6 years time maybe.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Kubica, if 100% > Vettel imo. Kubica would be perfect, and the only driver i want replacing Felipe, otherwise, Felipe has to stay.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

This is just a rumor from Poland don't know why people are treating it as fact yet. The rumors say he will be announced as 3rd driver on Friday. How can that even make sense if we have no idea how he will react in an F1 car. I don't buy it.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Kubica, if 100% > Vettel imo. Kubica would be perfect, and the only driver i want replacing Felipe, otherwise, Felipe has to stay.
    +1

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    This is just a rumor from Poland don't know why people are treating it as fact yet. The rumors say he will be announced as 3rd driver on Friday. How can that even make sense if we have no idea how he will react in an F1 car. I don't buy it.
    Really?

The future is RED

Huge Kubica fan. But he re-broke his leg, no? It saddens me a great deal, but I think his F1 days are over

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

@ Tifoso,

Yes, unfortunately, completely correct. If Ferrari is helping a young driver and friend like Kubica to recover & mend his badly damaged body then that is a good thing for both Ferrari and Kubica. I broke my back (Compression fracture of T-12 & L-1) when I was 23 in a car accident and after many months of therapy my body was FAR from being better again. I was about 40% better and it took another 10 years for the CONSTANT PAIN to lessen to a bearable level of pain to have a more normal life again. Most people don't know how bad living in Extreme Pain can be. Kubica is at best 45% well. He has a very long way to go in gaining strength but the pain will be the biggest limiting factor in all this. I do not see him back in a race car this year, let alone a High G-Force Race car like a Formula One race car. His terrible accident will stay with him for the rest of his life and the pain may not go away for years. He is a very likable guy and we all wish him the best but there will always be limitations in life that no one can over come.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Really?
    Apparently so, even for Poland that's quite a stretch but we shall see.

Me thinks they should let him and Massa both do a series of laps on the same car that day, that'll tell.

Yep, seems fake. If Alonso or Massa could not race for some reason and Ferrari needs a replacement this year, there's no way Kubica can immediately jump into the race seat.

No, this is not correct, this rumour is from an interview with Pino Allievi from Gazzetta Dello Sport on Polish Radio Trojka:

Do you think Robert may show up @ Ferrari presentation on 3rd February, even if only as a third driver?

I don't know. Maybe yes. Cause Ferrari wants Robert. If he feels ok, he will be driving for SF next year. But today even they don't know what to do in such a situation.

Rest at:
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...dmwOYychMKjr9Q

Im glad he is recovering..but to think that he can in any way be in the physical shape he needs to be
    to drive an F1 car in the near future, no matter how well he is, is bonkers. He has to get back to an uninjured level,
    or healed level b4 he can even attempt to get back to a training program. It will be great indeed for him to be in the Ferrari stable,
    especially to test the new engine. Who knows whats up with this, but thank the stars he is well enough to start making plans, and
    who better to be on your side than Ferrari...

Nooo... That's not true.. Our media are writing, that they have information from Italy and Finland... but some of them want's Kubica in Ferrari...

With respect to Robert, his potential fitness, post recovery racing abilities and prospects are completely unknown atm (even by the stupid media) and he is such a talent that I can believe that Ferrari are keeping a vested interest in him until that becomes clear. Just part of a strategy involving multiple drivers to cover as many bases as possible.

Doesn't really mean much else at this stage though. As ever though its summit to speculate over

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yep, seems fake. If Alonso or Massa could not race for some reason and Ferrari needs a replacement this year, there's no way Kubica can immediately jump into the race seat.
    Precisely, these rumours keep on coming, taking them with a large grain of salt until we hear something is official.

https://twitter.com/#!/InsideFerrari...24498416480258

Who knows. It'd certainly be a shock if Bobby K appeared!
    Forza Jules