Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BTCC 2012 News (come on Rob - put Keira down for a minute and do your job :-P)

BTCC 2012 News (come on Rob - put Keira down for a minute and do your job :-P)

In a nutshell:

Plato to drive a Triple Eight car with an MG badge on it

(old news now but I was bored )
    Last edited by Tifosi; 30th January 2012 at 21:12.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

He's been busy with Daytona, he can't do everything

Well, Plato's crew better fit a blue-tooth headset in that MG!

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    hehe, I thought it was just his hat well the pretend excuse he gave.

@MattNealRacing The heart is in.....! Honda 2KC Civic race engine & front end! Looks aggressive already doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    He's been busy with Daytona, he can't do everything
    grazie amica mio

i have been bit busy over weekend with both lil lady and Daytona. Sorry Stu
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Lea Wood aims for regular points with ex-Andrew Jordan Vauxhall Vectra
    By Kevin Turner Monday, January 30th 2012, 12:55 GMT

British Touring Car racer Lea Wood is aiming for regular points finishes after acquiring the ex-Andrew Jordan Vauxhall Vectra for this season.

Wood drove Team Wood Racing's Honda Integra in selected races last year. The ageing and ballasted car struggled in the dry, but Wood was able to finish seventh in the wet first race at Oulton Park.

He will now campaign the Vectra taken to sixth in the standings by Jordan, who also won the second Donington Park race in the turbocharged Eurotech-run machine.

"Moving up to that car will hopefully mean we'll be a bit more competitive," said Wood. "We're aiming for regular top 10s."

Wood will run an upgraded version of the Swindon-built NGTC engine.

"There's an update for it, so the engine should be strong," he added.

The squad hopes to start testing the car in the next couple of weeks.

Eurotech confirmed at the end of last season it will run new NGTC-specification Honda Civics in 2012.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97224

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    heheh.... "Hello Jason? This is Ben in the commentary box, can we have a word?......"

"Sorry mate, i'm just about to get done by the coppers for not wearing me bluetooth......... ah boll..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    heheh.... "Hello Jason? This is Ben in the commentary box, can we have a word?......"

"Sorry mate, i'm just about to get done by the coppers for not wearing me bluetooth......... ah boll..."

The future is RED

when was that??

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    when was that??
    a couple of days ago hehe, naughty Jason

Chevrolet and RML have today announced that they will not be involved in the 2012 BTCC, but will instead focus their resources on retaining their WTCC crowns where it is clear that other manufacturers will be upping their commitment for the coming season.

Chevrolet UK Managing Director, Mark Terry, commented: “I would like to wish RML the very best for 2012, and thank our many fans for their support over the last two years.”

RML Managing Director, George Lendrum summarised the decision: “We understand Chevrolet’s decision to concentrate its motorsport programme on the WTCC in 2012. Despite the fact that we won't be involved in 2012, RML remain long term supporters of the BTCC and hope to be back in the future.”

Plato seems to have that effect on teams after a coupla seasons heheh

Plato seems to have that effect on teams after a coupla seasons heheh
    It's a shame that they are leaving, I will miss the bright blue.

Moody new ITV commentator
    Toby Moody has been confirmed as ITV Sport’s new Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship race commentator.

Moody will join former BTCC title-winner and expert pundit Tim Harvey in the commentary box for all ten events this season which will be broadcast live by ITV4. He replaces Ben Edwards who has moved to the BBC’s Formula 1 team.

Although he has been the lead commentator for Eurosport’s coverage of MotoGP for the past 15 years, Moody is first and foremost a ‘car nut’ and has followed the BTCC for more than two decades. He is also a keen competitor in hill climbing and until recently held a class record on the daunting, world-famous Shelsley Walsh course.

The 39-year-old from Worcester said: “I’ve got big boots to fill – Ben was a class act – but when the opportunity came up I had to go for it. The chance to commentate on a major sport with the BTCC’s following and for ITV Sport was too good to miss and I’m over the moon to have been offered the job.

“I loved watching the Ford RS500s in the late Eighties and one of my first work experiences was actually with Prodrive when they ran the factory BMW M3s in the BTCC in 1990. I also had an involvement with the Nissan team in 1993. My father, though, was the commentator at Shelsley and I fancied a go – the next thing I’d been handed the microphone and had never been so nervous in my life!

“Then along came the bike work for Eurosport in 1996 – I’ve loved every minute of it and I’ll still fit in every MotoGP round that doesn’t clash with the BTCC this year. It’s going to be a hectic but very enjoyable schedule…

“The BTCC really fascinates me. The action for the public is out of this world, plus the drivers are not wrapped up in cotton wool – they are free to speak their mind and that leads to some really interesting characters, incidents and storylines. It makes the BTCC an addictive soap opera for viewers and it’s going to be a real honour conveying what is happening to the huge numbers of people tuning in.”

Tony Pastor, Head of Production for ITV Sport, commented: “We were really sorry to see Ben Edwards leave our team but in Toby we feel we have a terrific replacement. The BTCC is a fabulous competition and we're delighted to be its broadcast partner. We believe that Toby has the passion and knowledge to take the viewers inside the sport and at the same time give them a real sense of just how exciting these races are. We're delighted to welcome him on board and I expect him to become a great asset to our sports commentating team.”

And added Harvey: “I’m also delighted to be working with Toby. He’s a motor racing fan through and through and will bring enthusiasm, professionalism and humour to the commentary box.”

Bennetts senses title bid
    Bennetts believes his WSR team is in for its strongest season in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship this year since it won the title in 2009.

As revealed earlier this week, WSR will continue to run S2000-based 3 Series BMWs. However, it will expand from two to three cars and all will be powered by specially tuned BMW turbo engines. Furthermore, eBay Motors has increased its support to become the team’s new title sponsor.

Proven race-winners and title protagonists Robert Collard and Tom Onslow-Cole plus rapid 2011 rookie Nick Foster will surely form one of the strongest driver line-ups on the grid for Bennetts’ outfit.

And the Kiwi told btcc.net: “I believe we will be at our most competitive since 2009. If you asked me if I’d got a nice warm feeling inside then I’d say ‘yes’.

“This will be our last time with an S2000-based car but, on paper with turbo engines, this should be very competitive for us. We ran an S2000 BMW turbo in last year’s World Touring Car round in Shanghai and instantly got in among the factory Chevrolets. OK, that’s with a 1.6-litre engine and in the BTCC of course it’s two litres, but we’ll be able to carry over the same drivetrain and gearbox from the World Touring-spec BMW. If you look at it apples for apples…”

WSR will also be reunited with Neil Brown Engineering, the company that will tune its BMW engines (and which also prepares the Honda units in the Honda Racing Team’s title-winning Civics). It’s a proven winning partnership – together WSR and NBE won the 1990 and 1991 British Formula 3 titles with drivers Rubens Barrichello and Mika Hakkinen and went on to challenge for the BTCC title in 2000 with James Thompson and Tom Kristensen.

Much, then, points to considerable success for Bennetts’ outfit in 2012 but he warned against becoming over confident. He added: “The others are no mugs and you never know until the racing starts just where you are in terms of performance. Our biggest concern is going to be how well the rate of wear with our 17-inch tyres stacks up against the bigger 18 inch tyres on the newer ‘Next Generation’ cars. At the end of the day that’s one inch extra of braking, grip and traction that they have but they are also around 100kgs heavier than S2000 cars. Let’s see…

“Also, we can’t run the very short first gear we used in 2011 – it’s not possible with the lay-out of the turbo engine but, then again, it’s not needed as you’d only spin the wheels too much due to the extra torque. We might lose a little bit on weight distribution because of the intercooler up front, but we might be able to get it back in other areas.

“Of course we’ve never run turbo cars before so we’re a bit in the dark, while Tom has driven nothing but turbo cars for the past two years which may be a bonus. We’ve increased our staff, which is good news, and it’s going to be fascinating to see how quickly we can start wringing the most from the car. We’re all really looking forward to it…”

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews...m=&searchterm=
    Last edited by Rob; 21st February 2012 at 08:07.

Honda Racing has released the first pictures of the new NGTC specification Honda Civic that has been built for the 2012 BTCC. The team is going to complete its first public test at Brands Hatch today.

"This is the first opportunity we have had to get behind the wheel to really see what the car has got. The team are really pleased with the results from the test at MIRA last week and I can't wait to finally start putting the car through its paces," said Matt Neal.
    The team completed a preliminary test at the MIRA test track last week, a test the team reported to be successful.
    "The feedback on the new Civic NGTC car so far is incredibly promising and I've been itching to get into the car since the end of the 2011 season. Like Matt mentioned, this is the first time we have had to really push the car and I’m looking forward to putting it into action," said Gordon Shedden.

The team is facing a tough schedule to complete the car ahead of the BTCC 2012 season premiere on the 1st of April.
    "The team have all been working incredibly hard since the start of the NGTC programme back in August so everybody's very excited to see the new car on track for the first time. It'll be interesting from the point of view of both drivers and engineers to see how the car behaves on a track where we were very competitive with the S2000 Civic and we can really start to understand and develop the new car," said Team Manager Peter Crolla.

"The main aim for the day will be to establish a baseline set-up for the car which we can then tune for the various circuits we visit during the season. Initial feedback from the MIRA shakedown was positive so we’re hoping to continue that today and cover some valuable mileage with both Matt and Gordon behind the wheel."

The team then heads to Donington Park on the 23rd of February for the next test.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7218

Wednesday, February 22 2012

British Touring Car Championship challengers Motorbase have announced their 2012 line-up ahead of the first round at Brands Hatch next month (31 March - 1 April). The Kent-based team will field three Ford Focuses for Mat Jackson, Liam Griffin and newcomer Aron Smith.

A strong 2011 campaign yielded several wins for Jackson, including a victory at Snetterton that left him temporarily leading the championship. In preparation for this season the team have spent the winter developing the car and its Mountune-built Next Generation specification turbocharged engine. With the outfit's efforts concentrated on the BTCC following the announcement of a sabbatical from the Porsche Carrera Cup, lead driver Jackson will start the season as one of the favourites for the title.

"2012 looks to be an exciting year in the BTCC," 30-year old Jackson said. "With the new NGTC regulations being adopted by many of the front running teams, the season could prove to be very interesting indeed. We showed last year that we have the car and skills in place to compete against the big boys and hopefully the other teams will experience some teething problems that we can capitalise on! It's fantastic to be back driving with Motorbase for the third year in a row - it feels like home now!"

Griffin will also be adding continuity; this year will be his fourth in the team as two seasons in the Porsche Carrera Cup preceded his BTCC commitments. He feels he has overcome the steep learning curve that faces any driver stepping up to the series: "How can you be anything but excited about the start of the season," he quipped. "Having finished consistently at the end of last season I feel I have given myself something to build on."

Having added a third Focus at the tail end of 2011, the much-speculated third seat will be the property of promising newcomer Aron Smith. The current holder of the Motorsport Ireland Dunlop Young Racing Driver of the Year award, Smith graduated from the Renault Clio Cup last year with a one-off outing for Triple 8 in their Vauxhall Vectra at Knockhill last year, and finished in the top ten in the first race.

The young Irishman, brother of former BTCC driver Gavin, is expected to be one to watch in 2012: "I couldn't be more excited about this season," Smith confirmed. "The past two years have literally been building up to this moment. Motorbase Performance is the type of team I know I'll feel right at home in, this all feels like a dream come true and I can't wait for the racing to begin!"

Tickets for the opening round of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch are on sale from Ģ25, with free entry for children aged 12 and under. For more information, call 0843 453 9000 or click here. You can also book tickets for the Oulton Park round on 9-10 June by clicking http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ca...-april-bh.aspx, the Snetterton round on 11-12 June by clicking here and the final round on the Brands Hatch GP circuit on 20-21 October by clicking http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...ctober-bh.aspx

http://news.motorsportvision.co.uk/m...r-line-up.aspx

thats good news for the BTCC grid and the team. Think Matt Jackson has what it takes to take the BTCC crown. Be cheering him on this year.

Matt Neal driving the new Civic.

Last edited by Sianellen; 22nd February 2012 at 12:08.

MG breaks cover
    MG has taken the wraps of its KX Momentum Racing MG6 racer that will contest this year’s Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship in the hands of Jason Plato and Andy Neate.

Some 200 film and photo media were on hand this morning at Silverstone to see Plato and Neate pull the covers off the stunning-looking car which heralds the return of the famous MG marque to the BTCC for the first time in nine years.

Plato also briefly gave the ‘6’, still in interim specification, a run on the Silverstone circuit during a tracking photography session but it is not participating in this afternoon’s officially timed test session.

Newsham, ES shock in testing
    Dave Newsham and Team ES Racing.com caused a surprise by topping the times during the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship’s Media Day test at Silverstone.

Newsham’s best time of 58.965s – an average speed of 100.15mph – was set early on and nobody could better it during some four hours of running.

The Inverness racer’s pace was something of a shock as the small ES squad has only just ‘upgraded’ to a pair of ex-Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectras after a debut season spent learning about the championship.

Sensationally, former Renault Clio Cup champ Newsham’s time was also faster than anything set during 2011’s final round on the same Silverstone National circuit.

Newsham told btcc.net: “After an up and down 2011 that feels amazing but I’m now in a proven title-winning car and with a team which is 100 per cent behind me. We’ll go to the opening round at Brands Hatch in two weeks feeling very confident as we had a good test there as well last week. But this is only a pre-season test – while this gives everyone in the team a lift we have to be realistic. We don’t really know what everybody else was up to today, some of the more established names had problems and of course (Jason) Plato and the new MG team haven’t run at all yet.

“The time is phenomenal but I think a lot of it is down to the new track surface at Luffield. The data shows I was matching James Nash in the Triple Eight Vectra from last year and then improving on that lots through Luffield – there is so much more grip there now.”

Next up but almost four tenths of a second adrift came fellow Scot, Fife’s Gordon Shedden and his team-mate Matt Neal, the reigning champion, in their brand new Honda Yuasa Racing Team Civics. Shedden triggered one of three brief ‘red flag’ stoppages when his Civic stopped on the Wellington Straight following a sensor glitch.

Other red flags were required to clear Tony Hughes’s Speedworks Toyota Avensis – stranded at the back of the track after he switched off its overheating engine – and also Liam Griffin’s Redstone Racing Ford Focus which had become stuck in a gravel trap following a spin at Copse Corner.

Robert Collard ended the day fourth fastest in his WSR-prepared eBay Motors BMW ahead of Andrew Jordan’s Pirtek Racing Civic and Rob Austin in his Rob Austin Racing team’s Audi A4. Chris Swanwick and Mark Hazell, announced this morning as one of RAR’s drivers for 2012, also tested the car.

Collard’s team-mate Tom Onslow-Cole set the seventh best time in eBay Motors’ second BMW. Nick Foster later took over the car, recording the 13th best time of 1m00.054s.

Meanwhile Redstone duo Aron Smith and Griffin were eighth and tenth, split by ES team boss Chris James in his squad’s second Vectra. Pirtek’s Jeff Smith was 11th followed by Ollie Jackson in his AmD Tuning.com VW Golf, the last driver to dip beneath the one-minute barrier.

Behind Foster came Lea Wood in 14th in his striking BINZ Racing Vectra. Tony Gilham and Mat Jackson completed the timed runners but neither ran at a representative pace. Gilham’s RCIB Insurance & HARD. Honda Civic suffered cooling problems and fancied front-runner Jackson’s Redstone Focus a steering issue.

Adam Morgan’s Speedworks Toyota and John Thorne’s Thorney Motorsport Vauxhall Insignia both circulated but neither registered a time, their teams not fitting transponders to their cars.

Official times: BTCC Media Day test, Silverstone, 19 March 2012

Pos.Driver (NAT), Team/Car, Time/Difference
    1. Dave Newsham (GBR), Team ES Racing.com/Vauxhall Vectra, 58.965s
    2. Gordon Shedden (GBR), Honda Yuasa Racing Team/Honda Civic, +0.394s
    3. Matt Neal (GBR), Honda Yuasa Racing Team/Honda Civic, +0.408s
    4. Robert Collard (GBR), eBay Motors/BMW 320si, +0.443s
    5. Andrew Jordan (GBR), Pirtek Racing/Honda Civic, +0.473s
    6. Rob Austin (GBR), Rob Austin Racing/Audi A4, +0.530s
    7. Tom Onslow-Cole (GBR), eBay Motors/BMW 320si, +0.604s
    8. Aron Smith (IRL), Redstone Racing/Ford Focus ST, +0.681s
    9. Chris James (GBR), Team ES Racing.com/Vauxhall Vectra, +0.728s
    10. Liam Griffin (GBR), Redstone Racing/Ford Focus ST, +0.892s
    11. Jeff Smith (GBR), Pirtek Racing/Honda Civic, +0.909s
    12. Ollie Jackson (GBR), AmD Tuning.com/VW Golf, +0.984s
    13. Nick Foster (GBR), eBay Motors/BMW 320si, +1.089s
    14. Lea Wood (GBR), BINZ Racing/Vauxhall Vectra, +1.353s
    15. Tony Gilham (GBR), RCIB Insurance & HARD./Honda Civic, +4.608s
    16. Mat Jackson (GBR), Redstone Racing/Ford Focus ST, +9.732s

Times for Mark Hazell & Chris Swanwick in RAR Audi not available

Andrew Jordan aiming for consistency in 2012
    The Eurotech Racing NGTC Honda Civics were both on track during the test session at the British Touring Car Championship media day at Silverstone on Monday. TcT spoke to Andrew Jordan after the session about the new Civic, Eurotech's collaboration with the Honda Yuasa Racing Team and his expectations and approach for the 2012 season.
    TcT: Tell us about your new Civic?
    "It's a work in progress, which is the same with any new car. I think with this one there have been a few more problems to iron out because Honda can't just make their own bits to solve the problem. They have to go through TOCA to sort it. That's taking a while so at the minute we're all just trying different things. Then before the first race we'll come together and agree on what is best and we'll all have the same things."

TcT: So has there been a lot of collaboration between Eurotech Racing and Honda Yuasa Racing?
    "There has been a lot. Our cars were built there, our guys went down there and built them with those guys and we get all their setup stuff all their data and vice versa. It's in their interest as well as ours to have the extra data, but also to have four cars trying different things. Everyone has had limited worthwhile testing so it's better to have more cars trying things. You've have to take test days with a pinch of salt because we're all trying different setups and stuff. Then before the first race we should all be singing off the same hymn sheet. It's good."

TcT: So you're already looking at Honda's data?
    "Yes. At Brands when I was there they actually came and got our data first. That was a sign I must have been doing something quite well! Then we got their data and vice versa. It's good because as a young driver it's nice to be able to learn as much as possible. I learnt a lot when I was at Vauxhall. So now again I have guys that I can learn off and learn different things. Hopefully if you can use their strengths to help your weaknesses then it can only make you better."

TcT: Can you see improvement from it already
    "Yeah definitely. Frankly at the level Matt and Gordon are at and the level that I'm at you're never going to look at the data and for instance Matt's going to be quicker on every corner and every braking area than Gordon or me. There's going to be pros and cons. It is different driving styles and one corner may hurt another one and there are different lines and stuff. So you'll always be able to pick something up and maybe compromise your approach a little bit to take that on board and help it in general. So it's good to have them, but it's close to the first race and we've got a long way to go."

TcT: What are your expectations for the 2012 season
    "To be honest when we first said we were getting this car our expectation was to get a win and some podiums. Now with the testing issues we need to be reliable and we need to finish. If we could get three top six finishes that would be a good start. Last year I had two DNFs when we were on for podiums. We need a good first round to build on later on in the season. We just need to make sure we're consistent and hopefully consistently quick. That's got to be our aim. I need to address that as I wasn't as consistent as I should probably have been last year. The speed is never really an issue it's more about keeping the consistency, scoring points and knowing when to back out of a gap and when to go for one."

TcT: So you'll be thinking about your approach more this year
    "I always want to get the best result as does everyone, but sometimes I'm sure Matt and the more experienced guys would know when probably isn't the best time to go for a lunge. I'm only 22 so I'm still learning the ropes. I think the biggest thing is keeping it consistent, which I'm sure we'll be able to do."

Brands braced for bumper crowd
    Kent’s world-famous Brands Hatch circuit is bracing itself for a bumper crowd this weekend (31 March/1 April) when the stars of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship arrive for the start of their much anticipated 2012 season.

The two-day fixture is one of the South East’s biggest sporting events of the year with tens of thousands of public attending trackside. Swift access to the venue, near Dartford, from the M25 and M20 motorways plus free admission for children and the chance to meet the hero drivers from Britain’s premier motor racing championship all add to the public appeal.

Indeed circuit owner MotorSport Vision recently reported pre-sales of BTCC tickets were at record numbers and, due to demand, it has this week extended the booking deadline by an extra 24 hours until midday this Thursday (29 March). For more details click on the Brands Hatch advert on the top right of the btcc.net homepage..

Worcestershire’s Matt Neal will be hoping to get the defence of his 2011 crown off to a flying start in his brand new Honda Yuasa Racing Team Honda Civic but faces a whole host of challengers from the 24-strong grid that features no fewer than nine different makes of car – some entered by local teams and drivers to Brands Hatch.

Wrotham team Redstone Racing has entered three Ford Focus STs, one of them for Mat Jackson who came close to lifting last year’s title. Among his team-mates is Liam Griffin, MD of London’s biggest private hire cab firm Addison Lee. Team principal David Bartrum commented: “We’re always excited about our home race and we go into this weekend with high hopes as we’ve had more time to prepare with the Fords than in 2011. But the BTCC is a tough old nut to crack and we’re not underestimating anyone.”

The Sunbury-on-Thames based eBay Motors team with its three turbocharged BMWs is also chasing success – among its drivers is Surrey racer Tom Onslow-Cole. The 24-year-old from New Malden said: “This weekend’s event will be huge and, being the first round, there will be a great atmosphere as well. The BTCC is famed for its action-packed racing and nowhere does it get more exciting than at Brands Hatch.”

Meanwhile Dartford’s Tony Gilham is behind the wheel of one of last year’s title-winning Honda Civics which he will run under the Team HARD. banner. “There’s never a dull moment when the BTCC races at Brands Hatch and the lay-out there means the crowds can view the whole lap unfold,” enthused Gilham. “It’s going to be a big weekend for my team and I’m targeting top ten results, but I’m setting the goals high because I have a proven car and a very capable bunch of people behind me.”

Another to watch will be West Thurrock-based outfit AmD Tuning.com with its VW Golf raced by promising newcomer Ollie Jackson from Reigate, Surrey. Team boss Shaun Hollamby said: “Given Ollie’s pre-season testing form I truly believe we can achieve regular top ten finishes. It was always a three-year plan with the Golf so this is when we have to deliver and there’d be no better place to start than in front of our home crowd at Brands Hatch.”

Brands Hatch’s big BTCC weekend (31 March/1 April) will also include the first races of 2012 for the hotly-contested Ginetta Junior, Ginetta GT Supercup, Porsche Carrera Cup GB and Renault Clio Cup championships that represent the very best in sports and saloon car action. Nicolas Hamilton – the younger brother of Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton – will be among those on the Clio Cup grid.

Jackson predicts tight Oulton
    Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship title protagonist Mat Jackson reckons Oulton Park’s forthcoming round (9/10 June) could produce three of the closest-fought races of the season.

The Redstone Racing ace, already with two wins under his belt in 2012 and lying fourth in the current standings, believes the Oulton circuit’s lay-out will favour the rival S2000 and NGTC-spec cars equally.

Jackson, from Warwickshire, commented: “I suspect it'll be quite close with the lighter S2000s perhaps a bit nimbler up the hills and the NGTCs with their bigger brakes and tyres being untouchable under braking. It could be the closest weekend of the season.

“We've done a lot of homework back at base during the break and it's essential this pays off as everyone else will have moved their cars on in terms of performance. Everyone at Redstone Racing wants more and we need to keep hanging in there towards the top of the table, but until we're on track at Oulton we won't know how it’ll pan out…”

Jackson, who away from motor sport has recently conducted more development work on McLaren’s MP4-12C supercar, is a double winner at Oulton. It was where he achieved his first victory in the BTCC in his debut season in 2007 and he added a second at the Cheshire track in last year’s third race. Another win there next weekend would put him equal 13th with 2009 Champion Colin Turkington on 19 career wins in the BTCC’s ‘hall of fame’.

Unsurprisingly Jackson is a big fan of the Oulton circuit. He'll even celebrate his 31st birthday on race day (!) and he added: “Of course I'm looking forward to it – it's another chance to take the fight to the Platos and Neals of this world and it's a circuit I love.

“It's one of the ‘old school’ circuits with plenty of dips, climbs, off-camber corners and blind brows and it’s also high speed with very little margin for error. In fact there are a couple of circuits on the calendar I'd be happy for us to give up if it meant two trips to Oulton during the year!

“It sorts the men from the boys, there's always a huge crowd and great atmosphere and to win there really means something.”

can't wait

I found this too amusing not to post

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-in-Tesco.html

Plato sarni anyone?

Brilliant

have to go get them later.

I don't want to buy one in case it goes off on Sunday