View Poll Results: F2012 Front spec/nose, final or not? your view!

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final (will not change)

57 64.77%
  • Not final (Will change/Dummy)

31 35.23%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F2012 Nose, final or not? your view!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Thanks for the correction on the crash test remedy.

So with that out of the picture, we can only assume that Ferrari indeed intentionally design the front nose to be that way. Thats very puzzling to me, hopefully we hear more opinions about why they might have design it that way
    That big bump may house the engine air bottle, last year it is in the sidepod. Or maybe hydraulics for the rumoured interlinked suspension, or something we never know.

Stupid question, but is there a rule that says the car they are presenting has to be the one that was crash tested and the final product? What's to stop a team from releasing a "dummy" just to come with their actual FIA approved car in the first test?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Stupid question, but is there a rule that says the car they are presenting has to be the one that was crash tested and the final product? What's to stop a team from releasing a "dummy" just to come with their actual FIA approved car in the first test?
    If you think it is stupid well don't comment thanks! I just wanted to get people points of view on the subject.

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    If you think it is stupid well don't comment thanks! I just wanted to get people points of view on the subject.
    I think Tony meant that his question might be stupid, he wasn't getting at your thread
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I think Tony meant that his question might be stupid, he wasn't getting at your thread
    If true, my bad!!
    -------------------
    Thanks for your inputs you all!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

What's to stop a team from releasing a "dummy" just to come with their actual FIA approved car in the first test?
    Exactly my point.

Some people on here need to stop with the frantic speculation. Ferrari know much better than the whole lot of us put together, otherwise we'd be working for Ferrari.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Fry and Tombazis both have mentioned that the car will change quite a lot between now and Melbourne. So let's just wait and see!

The future is RED

Final. You nose it makes sense!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    If true, my bad!!
    -------------------
    Thanks for your inputs you all!
    I meant my question....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I meant my question....

I believe the latest rule says the car used in the winter testing needs to be passed by the FIA, rather than the first race, so now they need to pass the test before the first test session, or they'll have to run last year's car.

But it says nothing about presentation, the teams are free to present anything they want as far as I know.

I think it's final , but Ferrari will definitely improve it. When McLaren launched their car, everyone was talking about it being a show car, well it is the same here.
    Ferrari themselves probably don't like it any mor than we do, and they will work hard to. And this look less bowel emptying.

PS it does t really look that developed, I mean the caterham nose looks more refined, so I definitely think they can improve on the aero and the looks of it, as it doesn't really seem much of a aero benefit as the drag must be monumental. I expect a lot of it to change, but not for it to be eradicated.
    Also, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the car.
    And who knows maybe McLaren are wrong, and this is the way to go.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I say it's final, unless they decide to change it.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    And who knows maybe McLaren are wrong, and this is the way to go.
    With no WCC since 1998, who's worried about them anyway
    Forza Jules

This.

The future is RED

thank you, i'm sick of hearing them be the benchmark, and what they do be the be all end all.

their car is a F150 style production, so why dont we accuse them of being conservative?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Wasn't the failed crash test not about the side pods ??? Hear the interview with Nikolas he says something about, taking a new approach on the side impact structure and why they failed...
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

This will be the final design unless the pretty monocoque which passed the test is sitting in the factory. You might see some changes to the slope of the step but that is pretty much it as there is a 15 cm allowance to merge the lower nose section with the top of the bulkhead.

By the look of it I would say a pretty decent chunk of that 15 cm allowance has been used up already if not all.

Of course it wil change. How Felipe says : "For sure !"

It will change a lot until we are in Melbourne. Remember that they promised very revised upgrades for Barcelona, and what we'll se in Catalunya, will be the 70-80 % of the Melbourne car, imho.

The car for the presentation and for Jerez is just the primary sample. The Jerez test will tell us about how reliable the car is and how improved is the mechanical grip, imho. Now we need mileage and real data. It's still a long way to Melbourne.

The front will be revised, I believe. I think that the bulk won't be so straight by Australia.

But c'mon. I hope we'll see a lot more our cars winning this season cause I'm tired of listening : "That's what I'm talking about !"

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

It definitely is. Unless it's not.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

I have to say, the Force India nose looks nicer

Again, I have to say I'm very impressed with the tightness of the Fi's sidepodes.

I reckon the midfield teams will get a step closer to the top ones this season, we're in for a good one I think!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    PS it does t really look that developed, I mean the caterham nose looks more refined, so I definitely think they can improve on the aero and the looks of it, as it doesn't really seem much of a aero benefit as the drag must be monumental.
    Compared to the drag created by the 4 tires, the cooling inlets and the wings, the drag from the nose 'ramp' would be difficult to measure and inconsequential. F1 cars by there nature have VERY high drag as its downforce that lowers lap times.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    I have to say, the Force India nose looks nicer

wow that looks nice on track. i hope our car can be like that, or similar and they improve their nose to those levels. I ring it funny how the nose tip itself isn't much lower at all compared to the F150. maybe all it is is that the F2012 takes a bad picture?
    Last edited by scuderiafan; 4th February 2012 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I say it's final, unless they decide to change it.
    well, you know what "they" say - the more something changes the more it stays the same!

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

I dont think it can be final in any way..they change with every update...I mean if it stays n works great..I can 4get about the nose when its in the winners circle,
    but I cant help feeling that Ferrari has something special planned/designed..so no, its not final.
    I mean really, the nose looks like a development mule...

Its seems to be trend in all teams that its a best design with in the rules, Also I am sure they would of tested loads of diffrent designs and this one being the best

I trust that the guys at Maranello know what they're doing, and that there are reasons behind what they chose to do. I'm fine with the nose, but the only thing is that it's not going to make a nice desktop wallpaper
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

I think if Red Bull adapted the similar conventional Nose design of the Mclarens then i think there's something to be concern of..Red bull will still be the Benchmark, but if Redbull has that similar stepped Nose Then i think were Good..

But Overall I hope that this F2012 will work and beat the Hell out of everybody..

I bet that the nose is a project at work. It feels as if it's a naked thing, what they put there for the presentation ,thus the way that bump looked like, and if they did that, they did the right thing.

A much different version should appear , probably at the last test or before the first race. Along with other parts of course.

BTW, about the whole front suspension and why this and that, and why it makes no sense, whoever among us is an aero guy, please raise yer hands now?

..... yeah.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve