View Poll Results: F2012 Front spec/nose, final or not? your view!

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final (will not change)

57 64.77%
  • Not final (Will change/Dummy)

31 35.23%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: F2012 Nose, final or not? your view!

I did think the noses would change, but as we get closer, I dont think thats going to happen (darn cause they is ugly)
    I still am very intrigued by RB's slot in the nose..no one else seems to have it, and if I was going to look at something
    innovative from RB, Id start there.

The same way the low nose F310 was a different design approach compared to all the other cars in 96.

Irvine wondered why we had a car that looked different from everyone else, and then he realised that it was us who was was wrong and not everyone else. I think this may be a similar case.

@ Gerhard Berger,

I don't agree at all. There is nothing wrong with the Ferrari nose cone. The F2012 Nose Cone is a very well thought out design which pushes the envelope of capturing the most frontal air as possible and manipulating it with the wing supports and vanes to gain the highest amount of downforce as possible. I think Ferrari have also lowered the center of gravity at the front as well with the Pull Rod suspension which should improve handling as well. I think many people are looking at the Front Nose Cone designs on these car from purely "aesthetic" point of view and not from a "scientific" point of view. One has to understand what the maximum gain must be at the front of the race car to understand the design.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Hi Frank, i think you misunderstood my post :)

There's nothing wrong with our nose, and many have followed a similar concept. I was actually referring the Mclaren nose, in that it looks different to nearly all the other noses on the grid and is clearly following a different philosophy, much like the F310 compared to all the other cars on the grid in 1996.

@ Gerhard Berger,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the McLaren nose is a bit different and they seem to value smooth air traveling over the top of the nose more than the air traveling beneath it. McLaren obviously seek to keep a clean flow of air on the top side of the race car to feed the rear wing area. I think they are valid in their thinking if they are able to use the total air from both the top and the bottom best to aid downforce. I also think those with the "Stepped" nose will have turbulance because of the step that may buffet and cause unwanted vortices that inhibit downforce.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

more i watch F2012 , more is nose prettier

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    @ Gerhard Berger,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, the McLaren nose is a bit different and they seem to value smooth air traveling over the top of the nose more than the air traveling beneath it. McLaren obviously seek to keep a clean flow of air on the top side of the race car to feed the rear wing area. I think they are valid in their thinking if they are able to use the total air from both the top and the bottom best to aid downforce. I also think those with the "Stepped" nose will have turbulance because of the step that may buffet and cause unwanted vortices that inhibit downforce.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Air does really funny 'things'...its possible not much air actually hits that 'step'

Well there's a way to get rid of that hideous nose...how about this solution??? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Well there's a way to get rid of that hideous nose...how about this solution??? ;)

talk about a knee jerk reaction for a solution there

What accident was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    What accident was that?
    1999 (Monterey Historics, Laguna Seca) Ferrari which broke in two at the drivers knees when it was ripped by the tire barrier on drivers right on exit of Turn 6. The driver was OK. The driver was Federico Kroymans, the Ferrari and Maserati importer for the Netherlands, the car is a F399. Everything is of course F1 Cliente.

Last edited by medeni73; 6th March 2012 at 11:58.

Thanks

Its amazing how the driver survived that