Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252637 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    He didn't win that WDC, Ramilton lost it.
    The team won it with him. If Ramilton could win it from US , then he would.

Just saying that Ramilton lost it, ergo Kimi won it, compromizes the effort of all the team, the people at Maranello , is just plain WRONG.
    Last edited by aroutis; 7th February 2012 at 22:29.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Winning the WCC was more about the team
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The team won it with him. If Ramilton could win it from US , then he would.

Just saying that Ramilton lost it, ergo Kimi won it, compromizes the effort of all the team, the people at Maranello , is just plain WRONG.
    The fact that they were close is certainly laudable. If Ramilton hadn't stalled his car, he would have won it easily, though. He handed us the WDC.

Was I happy that we won? Obviouly. I am, after all, a tifoso. But to hear the Kimi fanboys tell it, he won it by carrying the car on his shoulders the last mile.

What irritates me about Kimi is that he obviously has the talent, when he feels like showing it. His last season at Ferrari he was phoning it in. Which, as a Ferrari fan, really frosted my, err, well you know.

I love Ferrari. I admire every one of the drivers on the grid. What they do takes great courage. But you ask me if Kimi is the first person who comes to mind when I hear "Ferrari Champion", and my answer is no. Not even close. I was thrilled when he retired from F1, TBH. Bummed that he's back. I'll cheer for Alonso and Massa, instead.
    Last edited by Tifoso; 7th February 2012 at 23:25.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Wow... All this hate for a Ferrari world champion.... Our last world champion... Jeez.

I don't really understand why people are allowed such open expressions of Schumacher love and no allowed to express Raikkonen love. It wreaks of double standards. Kimi was our last champion, he is clearly a capable driver. Are we saying that if one of our driver's leaves, we're no longer allowed to show support for them? If so, this forum is rather fickle. I love this place and wouldn't like to think of it as such.

This really won't go down well with some of you but Massa's performance is very similar to Kimi's. He a single solitary stonking season and then went off the boil (yes yes he has been a loyal servant to schumi and now nando) performance wise though he's done a kimi too. I agree that kimi nor mass were capable of leading ferrari and thats why he had to leave but to prohibit kimi love is just wrong. we don't prohibit schumi love do we....

The fact that they were close is certainly laudable. If Ramilton hadn't stalled his car, he would have won it easily, though. He handed us the WDC.

Was I happy that we won? Obviouly. I am, after all, a tifoso. But to hear the Kimi fanboys tell it, he won it by carrying the car on his shoulders the last mile.

What irritates me about Kimi is that he obviously has the talent, when he feels like showing it. His last season at Ferrari he was phoning it in. Which, as a Ferrari fan, really frosted my, err, well you know.

I love Ferrari. I admire every one of the drivers on the grid. What they do takes great courage. But you ask me if Kimi is the first person who comes to mind when I hear "Ferrari Champion", and my answer is no. Not even close. I was thrilled when he retired from F1, TBH. Bummed that he's back. I'll cheer for Alonso and Massa, instead.

^ What he said.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
    LOL! Jon Belushi, Animal House....No?

Q: I notice that some part in the exhaust seems to be burned?? is that Good?

track time dont mean a thing..Nice to See kimi can still drive fast after two years but i think the time he made is nothing of any significant at all.

I hope the data the team gathered are positive.. I miss ferrari winning..I hate to see them lose again this year..

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    Wow... All this hate for a Ferrari world champion.... Our last world champion... Jeez.
    i don't think there is hate for him i just think he was one of the laziest WC we have had when he was ready to race he would not like Schu Alonso always ready to race and win i personally liked him as a racer but towards the end he was very inconsistent

Mclaren fans at autosport forums arguing how our exhaust is illegal, but theirs is legal.

The more closely I look at the Ferrari F2012 the more fascinating the race car becomes. I see many, many details of the race car that are emerging. The most striking features of this race car are the front wing supports and the very open space in the rear of the race car. This race car has a certain "Sinew" about it like muscles in full tension! The Ferrari F2012 seems like a snake ready to strike. My early feelings are that the Ferrari is the most advanced and extreme race car on the track but that may not mean it is the fastest. The Red Bull is on the 5th evolution of this design and one must wonder when they have reached the limit of that design? The McLaren is a very well built and finished race car but is it under designed and as a result be to slow? My only fear is the yet to be seen Mercedes design. Aldo Costa, Ross Brawn, Michael Schumacher have had the most success together in the past, then you add Geoff Willis and some very innovative thinking on this team and they could be a very strong team. It is good to see an excellent driver like Kimi back on the track and showing his speed. It looks like there is very little rust on him.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Found out on Twitter, that Charlie was checking the RedBull Exhausts for Legality, and was concerned about the Ferrari exhaust, but mainly redbull
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Mclaren fans at autosport forums arguing how our exhaust is illegal, but theirs is legal.
    Day 1 of testing and they already are panic about Ferrari's threat, sweet

So what were the day 1 laptimes?

Good morning tifosi.Let's hope today we will see Massa going a bit quicker and of course a trouble free test

Right had Hamilton not messed up in the last race, he might not have done it. But what all the haters seem to forget is he won more races than anyone in 2007. He won 5 out of the last 10 races. The next closest was Hamilton and Alonso who tied with 2. He also won the fastest lap trophy that year. He was in a 3 way tie for podiums that year. So perhaps he won the championship that year because he brought so much pressure to Hamilton that he cracked. Or perhaps if his car didn't fail him in the Spanish and European grand prix it wouldn't have mattered.

And if any of you claim you weren't jumping up and down in your living rooms watching him take that championship you're a liar!

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by durden View Post
    Right had Hamilton not messed up in the last race, he might not have done it. But what all the haters seem to forget is he won more races than anyone in 2007. He won 5 out of the last 10 races. The next closest was Hamilton and Alonso who tied with 2. He also won the fastest lap trophy that year. He was in a 3 way tie for podiums that year. So perhaps he won the championship that year because he brought so much pressure to Hamilton that he cracked. Or perhaps if his car didn't fail him in the Spanish and European grand prix it wouldn't have mattered.

And if any of you claim you weren't jumping up and down in your living rooms watching him take that championship you're a liar!
    at the end of the day kimi is by far the most overrated driver IMHO.iIf you ask me massa had a stronger season in 08 than kimi's 07.the difference kimi had MAD luck and massa as always didn't

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    So what were the day 1 laptimes?
    1 Raikkonen - 1m19.670s
    2 Di Resta - 1m19.772s +0.102
    3 Rosberg - 1m20.219s +0.549
    4 Webber - 1m20.496s +0.826
    5 Ricciardo - 1m20.694s +1.024
    6 Schumacher - 1m20.794s +1.124
    7 Kobayashi - 1m21.353s +1.683
    8 Button - 1m21.530s +1.860
    9 Massa - 1m22.815s +3.145
    10 Kovalainen - 1m23.178s +3.508
    11 Maldonado - 1m23.371s +3.701
    12 De la Rosa - 1m23.676s +4.006

Quote Originally Posted by durden View Post

With everything that happend in 2007, you cant really say it was all down to Kimi...it was a case of being at the wright place at a wright time... What Felipe did in 2008 has more merrit imho..
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Good day everyone

Here we go, day 2 Jerez practice
    http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/436

New Nose for the MClaren??

Can someone here post the pics of the new MClaren Nose please..thanks

I aggree with the post earlier regarding over the red bull being a 4 year old design, whats left to introduce that's new? It's a great car, but what scope is left in it to make a big step forward

@InsideFerrari: "Felipe Massa has just completed his double installation lap: no issues on the car."

Thanks Medeni73..great pics

Thanks Medeni 73

effective thats a new nose from the car that they launch?? thanks

InsideFerrari Scuderia Ferrari:

Today's work will be the same as yesterday. We need to collect as many data as possible to understand better the behaviour of the car.

So, don't expect to see spectacular lap times from our side. What is important is that we do our job in the proper way.

There you go, the team says itself so people please no panic and bashing around if we are today 3-4 secs off best time, just relax and enjoy our Ferrari at work :)