Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282940 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

We have done 22 laps so far... Others did 45, 36, etc. If we have to concentrate to reliability or test the new elements why are we spending so much time to pits ??? I think something smells terrible here... I hope not but I already have started to worry...

Quote Originally Posted by ruud king View Post
    Why do i always have to turn op my volume when Kimmi is being interviewed
    heheehheee
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    @andrewbensonf1: BBC F1 tech analyst Gary Anderson on Ferrari: "It looks reluctant to do a time. OK, they have a programme but hard to hold a quick car back"

Sorry couldn't resist....ok, i'll tweet to Benson that some people need to realize this is pre- season testing.
    Maybe you should stop reading and believing Brit press? oh wait no you like to read it all just to complain about it right...
    Forza Ferrari

Autosport are idiots. They see Red Bull doing fast times in the 3rd sector and then go "oh the Red Bull looks planted and stable". Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe you should stop reading and believing Brit press? oh wait no you like to read it all just to complain about it right...
    No no, i'm just following the autosport live commentary, just like a lot of others in the forum here. Not reading any articles, i swear.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    We have done 22 laps so far... Others did 45, 36, etc. If we have to concentrate to reliability or test the new elements why are we spending so much time to pits ??? I think something smells terrible here... I hope not but I already have started to worry...
    Do you remember last year's tests? What was that about McLaren? He was the team with almost the lowes mileage and it looked incredibly slow. But than the season started... Anything is possible.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Massa testing a different rear wing.

Come on you guys, calm down. Some of the people here are already deciding the championship from day 2 of testing.
    It may sound a bit far fetched to some people but you should realize that the "moaning" of the fans is affecting the team. YES even from a thread on this forum I am sure some mechanic or other personnel of Ferrari is reading this forum and the feelings of the people here are affecting them. There is no need to put the famous Italian pressure on the team from this early.

Forza Ferrari

As for Anderson it would be very easy for a fast car to be 3 seconds slower as we seen in every practice session, fuel loads, tyres, not using drs, more downforce. We simply do not know what Ferrari are running, maybe they are running higher downforce, more fuel testing things they need to understand rather than treating Jerez as a race weekend and need to be top.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    As for Anderson it would be very easy for a fast car to be 3 seconds slower as we seen in every practice session, fuel loads, tyres, not using drs, more downforce. We simply do not know what Ferrari are running, maybe they are running higher downforce, more fuel testing things they need to understand rather than treating Jerez as a race weekend and need to be top.
    good explanation
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

It is pointless taking all these times seriously and judging where we are yet.
    10:57 The Mercedes - a 2011 car, remember - just lapped in 1m18.622s.
    That tells you all you need to know about what the times mean.

10:56 Doesn't seem to be one particular area where Ferrari is struggling for speed, the car has a consistent deficit in all three sectors. But it is of course early days.

It looks "mighty" because there is no other big team that is traying that. Ferrarri is going to be far way better. They car is just simple. 10:27 The RB8 does look mighty in that middle sector

I very much doubt that RB has to be afraid of anything.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by diesel08 View Post
    1 Webber Red Bull 1m19.184s 31
    2 Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1m20.307s +1.123 25
    3 Button McLaren 1m20.727s +1.543 12
    4 Bianchi Force India 1m20.889s +1.705 35
    5 Schumacher Mercedes 1m20.960s +1.776 21
    6 Massa Ferrari 1m21.418s +2.234 22
    7 Kovalainen Caterham 1m21.518s +2.334 43
    8 Maldonado Williams 1m21.529s +2.345 38
    9 Perez Sauber 1m21.667s +2.483 26
    10 De la Rosa HRT 1m24.736s +5.552 9
    11 Raikkonen Lotus 1m26.393s +7.209 5

then according to these times Lotus are in "trouble" where are the Ice man faithfulls

Mystery solved! Massa has to drive very slowly so that Hamashima manages to write it all down in his paper notebook (another Newey-old-school-pen-and-paper guy) :)

It's not relevant-in therm of speed- what Ferrari ar doing in this days.They change tests philosophy, so let's be patient.The new floor-Byrne made-come soon;)

those ppl here that see the lap times and believe that the F2012 is as slow as HTR just do not understand F1 period!!

Different rear wing... today:

Yesterday:

http://twitpic.com/8gsdge/full

Ferrari could be doing a million things such as ensuring the exhaust is working properly, the diffuser is bolted on properly.. not trying to please you with fast laps...

Like Stormsearcher said earlier I feel very reassured that we are not going for fastest times and mega laps.
    I recall last year Massa set the fastest time and was the workaholic of Jerez.
    And the car.......enough said.
    I am happy that we are more interested in Testing this year and hopefully fault finding at the moment.

Forza Jules

Only Button, Dl Rosa & Raikkonnen (gravel tour) have less laps than us. Ok let's say that times don't count for now. Sitting almost all the day in the pits?? What sort of testing is this???

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    http://www.formula1.com/news/technic...1/853/860.html so unless they changed the rules that wing is illegal...at least it seems that way...

We are not showing our true pace or our final parts, where just checking systems and knowing the tires...Don't forget that Mercedes haven't launched the car yet, and if we show the cards to quick they might copy us....
    I for sure wouldn't be surprised to see the Mercedes with pull rod front suspension as well....
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Only Button, Dl Rosa & Raikkonnen (gravel tour) have less laps than us. Ok let's say that times don't count for now. Sitting almost all the day in the pits?? What sort of testing is this???
    Changing parts of the car? Analysing data to see what other types of tests would be useful for the rest of the day?

No point just going out there for the sake of doing some laps (like we did last year).

Quote Originally Posted by EL NANO View Post
    those ppl here that see the lap times and believe that the F2012 is as slow as HTR just do not understand F1 period!!
    Yes i too agree people should keep quiet until the car is a proven dog or Bullet, we and nobody will know this at least till Aust and maybe second race, Ferrari last year was quick in testing then come season opener and we were so far behind it wasn't funny, Ferrari has practically a Brand New Car and by the looks of it they are taking no chances with it they want to be certain they iron out any problems now because come Melbourne you don't want to play catch up, lap times have no significance on a brand new car at present as the full potential of the car could not possible be there YET ! on another note i think also Ferrari may be laying low just to see where this Exhaust saga turns with Fia ,
    I think only Ferrari would know the potential of there car now so I'm sure there not giving that away if they don't have to

We are doing the right thing here, showing nothing, testing is short,new components to test, a lot ti gather in to analyse, I expect a low key test but to then see it step up in 2 nd test and get more of a read where we are. Come the 3rd test I then would this a truer picture of where everything stands. No suprise to see red bull looking good

Last year, we did manage to do more laps than anyone else and look how helpfull it was. There is no reason for panic.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Last year, we did manage to do more laps than anyone else and look how helpfull it was. There is no reason for panic.
    Last year, Ferrari did a lot of laps to find out what was wrong. This year, they are doing less laps to find out what is wrong. Thats an improvement already!

*sarcasm mode off*

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Mystery solved! Massa has to drive very slowly so that Hamashima manages to write it all down in his paper notebook (another Newey-old-school-pen-and-paper guy) :)

great pic i will gonna put it to my avatar pic im my twitter or facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Last year, Ferrari did a lot of laps to find out what was wrong. This year, they are doing less laps to find out what is wrong. Thats an improvement already!

*sarcasm mode off*
    If i may remind you guys last year Ferrari used Two separate Wind Tunnels one in Maranello and one in Cologne which was Toyotas old wind Tunnel, this was how they found out about there tunnel in maranello not being calibrated correctly therefore the problems they had with the car

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post

http://www.formula1.com/wi/sutton/2011/dms1207fe278.jpg
    he's protecting it with his life, look how he has it close to him, that's very important data right there..
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion