Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333445 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

From Massa's press conference via journalist tweets:

Richard Williams: "Massa keeping enthusiasm for Ferrari well under control, stressing amount of work to be done on "very, very different" car"
    Lee McKenzie: "Despite paddock rumours of a non-competitive Ferrari, Massa is pretty calm but says there is a lot of work still to be done."

So the whole paddock seems to think the F2012 is just another dog

Let them think whatever they want it will be more a surprise in Australia when we take 1-2 :)

Massa's interview, he is not really saying anything though:

http://ferraricircuit.com/2012-02-06...-felipe-massa/

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Massa's interview, he is not really saying anything though:

http://ferraricircuit.com/2012-02-06...-felipe-massa/
    He couldnt say much cos this is old interview from couple a days ago :)

Good grief didn't notice that ok forget it then lol

Listening to some of you guys on here has got me LMAO...
    Last year they were all jumping up and down like a bunch of idle school kids because Ferrari has such a great testing.. And now we are ready to bury our heads in the sand because we are slow during testing... WOW...
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Listening to some of you guys on here has got me LMAO...
    Last year they were all jumping up and down like a bunch of idle school kids because Ferrari has such a great testing.. And now we are ready to bury our heads in the sand because we are slow during testing... WOW...
    No, no, i beg to differ. Not all. There were some who were quite pessimistic, me included, but we were silenced by 'its only testing!!!!!' screams.

I have no opinion for now, merely quoting what is being said from various sides. The same goes for most of other comments. Its much too early to draw any conclusions, there seem to be some 'teething issues' with a new concept, plus the tyre warming is not yet what they want it to be too, if be believe joseluis (and i still have no idea who that guy actually is), but otherwise, we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    joseluisf1 reports:
    "Massa has tested the system output in one of his turns, the results were not good, a new clutch is on its way to test"
    "Hirohide Hamashima has enough data to analyze, but has requested further evidence, then report to Pat Fry"
    "Heal and other engineers are awaiting the recommendations of Hirohide Hamashima to make modifications to the suspensions"
    "The aim is that in Maranello modified suspensions are without fault in the following test, given its importance in performance"
    "We need to improve traction. Tire warming is slower than it should, if he is forced, the tires are short"
    "Alonso will continue tomorrow with tire testing requested by Hirohide Hamashima, then test some more aerodynamic parts"
    "Handling also needs some minor adjustments. In principle, nothing more or less not wait, there is much work"

so again if its true our guys are having some problems but its normal for such a extreme new car and parts, they working on it now and I'm sure it will be all ironed out till Australia...and dont forget how McLaren managed to solve much extreme problems with their car last year in much shorter time and to be better than us...
    +

Alonso will continue tomorrow with tire testing requested by Hirohide Hamashima, then prove more aerodynamic parts

We need to improve traction. Tire warming is slower than it should, if he pushed, the tires wete short.
    It would be good to solve the suspension geometry before the new floor is fitted to the car. It's very hard to read anything at this point. Ferrari engineers know their work.

Who knows Massa is not running with full tanks anyway (sandbagging), times are irrelevant during testing and if we followed last year times Williams be WCC!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Who knows Massa is not running with full tanks anyway (sandbagging), times are irrelevant during testing and if we followed last year times Williams be WCC!!!
    Every year we claim sandbagging. With limited testing, I highly doubt it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Well last year RB were so who knows, they're playing Jedi mind tricks out there!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

I agree, no sandbagging. I think they are just getting an overall feel of the car right now.

Sector times might tell us more about the car's over all speed, does anyone have them?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

At the earliest we know at the second barcelona testing more about speed of the car. Have patience young grashoppers and dont act like a macfan :p

I hope this is the actual interview then:

Felipe Massa says there is a lot of work ahead for Ferrari

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97420

"One can tell that no resources were dedicated to finding a code name for this version: Was F2012 the best they could come up with?" juan.agudelo - February 7, 2012 @ 07:56 am PST
    And one can tell this fella hasn't been on point with tradition to date. Is that the best your mother could come up with?
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    And one can tell this fella hasn't been on point with tradition to date. Is that the best your mother could come up with?
    nice one!

But seriously do these people not realise by posting such comments their hate for Ferrari becomes even more transparent? Idiots.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Forza 27 View Post
    +

It would be good to solve the suspension geometry before the new floor is fitted to the car. It's very hard to read anything at this point. Ferrari engineers know their work.
    Are they fitting the new floor this week or in Barcelona?

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    Are they fitting the new floor this week or in Barcelona?
    The new floor will be tested in the third test, according to reports.

I know it is to early, but I am not feeling comfortable...

I take every test serious...so we know that yes, it is a brand new car..but they are running it and running it w/most other teams.
    Now some may not want to look at it for what it is, but to read that RB and Mac look glued to the track, and we dont causes
    me some interest indeed. But thats still testing, so mabey tomorrow some of these things will be ironed or figured out.
    For Felipe to be running ragged at the end tells me he is indeed pushing. Macs times are right there with ours, but for Webber to come out,
    post that time and still look glued? Lottsa work to do.

Testing or not testing... i would feel somehow encouraged if we climbed to the top of timesheets in the near future... I miss 2002 and 2004. Everybody knew who was the boss out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post
    .. I miss 2002 and 2004. Everybody knew who was the boss out there...
    maybe we are, and we're just NOT showing it, YET!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe we are, and we're just NOT showing it, YET!!!
    We're not showing it because we aren't on the top--yet

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Francois Caubet, the motor head of Renault says that they found 10-20 PS in the new engine, and that the teams who have a renault engine will be able to start the race with 15-18 liter fuel less than the others.
    How the hell can they do that?
    It seems that everything that have to do with red bull, gets special treatment by the FIA

Well it seems Ferrari is still trying to understand the characteristics of their front suspension.... they made comments before practice not to look at the times so I think that pretty much sums it up.... I'm usually pessimistic but for whatever reason, this year, there is a lot of room for optimism.... I'll reserve final judgement 'til Australia, but I think the car looks promising....

Regarding McLaren and Red Bull being on rails.... I'm not aware of what their respective times were last year at Jerez but if none of the top contenders out there are really trying to show their cards just yet it may not be that difficult to make it look like their cars are on rails when they're cruising through the corners.... I understand that there are reports of Massa understeering through corners and what not, but he may have been ordered to test weight transfer and tyre degredation.... What I'm getting at is that we can't read anything from this test when Ferrari basically came out before the test started and told us not to concentrate on the times :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

The problem Ferrari have is they have a car that is not development from a prior race car. Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Etc. all have cars that are an evolution of a the years past car. Ferrari have a very difficult task of accumulating "NEW" data for this much different type of race car. They are starting from "0" while the others are starting with 85% to 95% known data on their cars. There is a very steep curve the new Ferrari must climb b efore they are at the same level as the top teams. One thing good is that they have an excellent staff of Engineers and Fabricators to develop and advance the race car. They are only really establishing the "Baseline" for the race car. From there they can advance to developing the race car and then fine tuning the design. The new Floor will be KEY to this design advancing rapidly and to gain an edge over the other teams while they hone the details of the race car.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Well it seems Ferrari is still trying to understand the characteristics of their front suspension.... they made comments before practice not to look at the times so I think that pretty much sums it up.... I'm usually pessimistic but for whatever reason, this year, there is a lot of room for optimism.... I'll reserve final judgement 'til Australia, but I think the car looks promising....

Regarding McLaren and Red Bull being on rails.... I'm not aware of what their respective times were last year at Jerez but if none of the top contenders out there are really trying to show their cards just yet it may not be that difficult to make it look like their cars are on rails when they're cruising through the corners.... I understand that there are reports of Massa understeering through corners and what not, but he may have been ordered to test weight transfer and tyre degredation.... What I'm getting at is that we can't read anything from this test when Ferrari basically came out before the test started and told us not to concentrate on the times :)

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I think people should stay calm and have belief in the team. There is nothing out there to suggest Ferrari is lacking in pace, they themselves mentioned that today's times should not be taken too seriously, this is coming from the horses mouth itself! Yet people would still rather believe all the tripe written out there on the 'internet'. Fact is Ferrari hasn't been trying to improve track time, but instead gathering data for further analysis. If the car hasn't posted a reasonably good time by the last test, then yes by all means cry tears and vent your frustration, but until then please be patient.

That's a first from me eh :p
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Yea, the change in the front susp alone warrants mucho testing time. This is such a huge departure from what we've been doing.
    This is yet another reason why Ive never cared for the limited testing rule.