Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Thanks for the information! You must have huge experience on race cars and races generally. If you can share any other informations with us, please do not hessitate.
    What's your problem dude? You are attacking people without any reason, whinig about us solving issues with 100% NEW AND AGRESIVE CAR, not posting the fastest laps while Ferrari themselfs said that they don't want to do that... Are you McLaren fan trolling over here or what? This is testing, deal with it.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

11:25 Alonso, sporting soft compounds and the periscope gauge seen without fail so far on the F2012, heads out of the pits for his first run in nearly two hours

11:24 Much to the delight of the fans, the Ferrari finally returns to the fray

Changing suspension is a on its own responsibility that effects all areas of the car and dont forget we have built this car almost from zero.Not just rear we also switched fronf suspension so we have really a lot of work to do.Because we have no datas with pull rod but the others did a evolution and carry all infos to this season car.They are more lucky than us at that point.Ferrari and drivers says its potential is hidden in it,there is a big potential that we have to determine.As many of you said before me friend i agree most of you.I am not in a panic right now this is just first pre season test and as i said we have a newest car.After the break we have to push as much as possible.Tomorrow it is ending and there will be ten days break and i belive team will sourt out all the problems we have right now.There is still more time a month we can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What's your problem dude? You are attacking people without any reason, whinig about us solving issues with 100% NEW AND AGRESIVE CAR, not posting the fastets laps while Ferrari themselfs said that they don't want to do that... Are you McLaren fan trolling over here or what? This is testing, deal with it.
    Maybe in your country there is no word to express "irony". Also I never replied on any of your posts as you did before. So I never attacked to you. I just express my feelings. And as for the McLaren Guy:

DSC00149.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What things are we obviously struggling with?

Hydraulic problem at the moment...

Sauber reporting that they will break early for today, as Ferrari investigate a drivetrain issue on the car

Quote Originally Posted by meh123 View Post
    Hydraulic problem at the moment...
    Oh no, wave the white flag
    Forza Ferrari

All Ferrari powered cars have small sidepods this year ,..more cooling required to keep hydraulics working efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Oh no, wave the white flag
    Sorry mate, this is testing n we r Ferrari...:)

All Ferrari powered cars have small sidepods this year ,..more cooling required to keep hydraulics working efficiently
    So you're saying smaller sidepods equals more cooling? Because I think it's the exact opposite.

That definitely didn't look like irony, but ok. I am not in the mood of checking if you are the one whining about everything Ferrari did so far (there is so much similar avatars here...) so if it wasn't you, I am sorry then... If it was you, try to calm down please, there is 8 days of testing to come -> plenty time to solve all possible issues.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Please explain how it would work for an Insider. [...] The point is, they were not struggling come Melbourne. The conclusions from those early tests proved nothing.
    Oouukeey, dude, ok. Lets just call this even shall we.

Nopes...I meant...smaller sidepods == less drag..but require more cooling to work everything else efficiently

Nopes...I meant...smaller sidepods == less drag..but require more cooling to work everything else efficiently
    Yeah. I read on ScarbsF1 that Ferrari are doing some magic with that engine.

I'm starting to read this thread for a bit of a laugh instead of testing discussions

More news on Ferrari, with Alonso out there running

11:48 For the record, Alonso's time is also Ferrari's best lap at Jerez this week, some four tenths better than Massa's best from yesterday

11:47 The F2012 is still a little twitchy in the corners

11:46 Good news for Ferrari as Alonso completes his fastest lap of the day: a 1m20.412s

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    I'm starting to read this thread for a bit of a laugh instead of testing discussions
    Yea it's funny how the 'insider reports' by 'track-side experts' can stir things up

Trackside observations: ALO making the FER look a lot more stable in corners than MAS did yesterday. Improved set-up, or driver difference?

Trackside from @F1Kate Kate Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    Trackside observations: ALO making the FER look a lot more stable in corners than MAS did yesterday. Improved set-up, or driver difference?

Both..

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Keke Rosberg:

"Keke Rosberg said in an MTV3 interview today that most people at the paddock have already deemed the new Ferrari a failure and think that the team are in trouble."

It's funny, because some people think that they know the truth after two days.... :)
    Firstly Keke has always come across as a bit anti-Ferrari. Maybe a grudge for never racing for them.

Secondly McLaren at this point last year was also considered a failure, and laughed at through the paddock.

Neither... its voodoo.
    Silently, like a shadow

Because he's FER ALO!

I can only imagine what Fernando would have achieved in Felipe's 2008 Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I can only imagine what Fernando would have achieved in Felipe's 2008 Ferrari...
    and we would have had him, if Todt could have let go of his silly grudge from 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    and we would have had him, if Todt could have let go of his silly grudge from 2002.
    I guess so...

12:25 After some debate, we think the Ferrari sounds different to the others - a throatier noise.

12:25 Suggestions are that it could be related to the exhaust design.
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

Quote Originally Posted by Sempre_Ferrari View Post
    12:25 After some debate, we think the Ferrari sounds different to the others - a throatier noise.

12:25 Suggestions are that it could be related to the exhaust design.
    Could it also be the bodywork around the exhaust pipes?

finally Alonso is back out, rejoining the spanish crowd
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

@InsideFerrari reveals: "A few runs for more aerodynamic measurements now. This is a very important job, aimed to get more understanding of the car's behaviour."
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

Truzonef1 Enrique Rodríguez
    Ahora Ferrari ha puesto parafina en el difusor, seguramente la nueva versión.

Now Ferrari has paraffin in the diffuser, surely the new version

Paraffin?