Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 61718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Looks like a panic creeps in slowly in some fair-weather Ferrari fans hearts... :-S

Let's keep faith in our boys and wait till the first race to see what is the full truth about us and other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Reading Fry's words, it appears the decision to go with a radical design is a much bigger undertaking than
    anyone is realizing, including me. I do hope that Ferrari have enough time, given the short testing time, to get
    all of this accomplished. This has got to be huge.
    Indeed Ferrari suddenly have so many new concept introduced this year, and they have to juggle around the workload needed to study and fine tune every new concept. I think the new suspension itself have a lot to be done, given that not only it affects the mechanical behavior of the wheel, it also affects the aero, packaging the rear section and so on. And Ferrari have to make sure all of it works properly and fine tune them before the start of the season.

Opss... sorry for double posting
    Last edited by Hornet; 9th February 2012 at 17:41. Reason: Accidentally double post

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    +1
    Another newbie without any sort of class or respect for a Ferrari forum
    Forza Ferrari

I have the suspicion that our car has allot of room for development as where the mclaren is going to reach the ceiling soon during the season. I'm not worried yet our guys can sort it out.
    This year Massa has to show allot of progress and form otherwise he needs to step down. And i'm not sure if we should hand over the wheel to bianchi...

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Don't judge Massa.
    Alonso would make anyone look like a brainless handicapped "driver"...
    sorry, find that really offensive and out of order. I have best friend who had stroke 2 years ago, and has left handicapped.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by aliferdo View Post
    Hello everyone, did you follow the links for live trials?
    Hello and welcome.

Yes I did. Well, not the live timing, but Autosports live update on whats going on during the test session. Just to keep myself busy until it the real race starts

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    I have the suspicion that our car has allot of room for development as where the mclaren is going to reach the ceiling soon during the season. I'm not worried yet our guys can sort it out.
    This year Massa has to show allot of progress and form otherwise he needs to step down. And i'm not sure if we should hand over the wheel to bianchi...
    Yawn
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm not sure what people are expecting from this 4 day test when Ferrari comes out and says they're not trying to put together their fastest lap.... it's like going to sea world and expecting the dolphins to magically sprout wings and fly around the aquarium.... if Ferrari says not to expect a hooked up lap, why are some of you still expecting it? Then you wonder why some people here are getting touchy with their responses....

Right now Ferrari has a magnitude of NEW parts that they are testing, they are trying to determine if those parts will work the way their simulations indicate (to validate those simulations)....

Chill out this week people and listen to what the team is saying before testing so that you don't create unreasonable expectations....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Well it can be easily said the other way round, that a lot of people come in here as extreme skeptics and want to imagine the worst even though we are down just 2 days into testing.
    Besides i dont know how "constructive" an argument here can be if you are doing nothing but dissing the car and not waiting to see what we have in the bag.
    And also now we have people saying we have gone overboard on the design, where in a similar situation (real time) last year they said we didnt experiment enough. So there is no pleasing you! either way, the team has muffed it. That to me is a bit frustrating.

i get the feeling some would find something to be worried with, no matter what happens if Ferrari did glory laps, they would go 'they should not be showing their hand, they seem like they are not fast, so they have to do glory laps to calm fans and avoid sackings' etc.etc.. not a criticism, some are like that.

but RedBull, and McLaren will also have some issues with their cars, they need to sort out aswell. every long run i have seen, Ferrari seem to be right up there with their rivals, but then times can be BS. car looks planted now, i'm hearing, but i guess some will only be optimistic when they see Ferrari as WDC WCC.

Also, the car maybe looks better as since Ferrari said new parts came today, not that Felipe sucks. Felipe is great driver. look at this for pete's sake.

When he left Jerez yesterday, Felipe Massa told the Italian media that, “There is a lot of work to do, perhaps a little more than we had anticipated.” Massa spent much of his time data logging, but did observe that the F2012 Ferrari has less understeer than its predecessors and has “gigantic potential”. But there’s a lot of work to do to bed down a completely new concept before extracting those vital few final tenths of a second.
    http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...us-going-well/

there are some problems, but then look at this, all from Autosport articles.

Obviously it's more or less what we expected. There is quite a big loss in grip because of the change in regulations but you get used to it fairly quickly. So far I think we can be quite happy. We had a couple of issues that stopped us for a little while, but it's normal."

He insisted there is still a lot of work to before Red Bull is ready for the first race of the year.

"There's a long way to go. It's the first day. There's a lot more to come and we need to understand how the car works and then we can address the problems properly and hopefully take the development in the right direction.

"But for now it's just about understanding what is the main point for this year and what are the weaknesses and where we can improve."
    This car is definitely not predictable at the moment, being brand new. We haven't yet figured out the right set-up of the car," said Hamilton. "There are lots of different test items that we're going through.

"It feels like an evolution of last year's car but also there are some things that are not so good. The downforce on the rear for instance, is not as good through the high-speed corners as it was last year, but I'm sure we'll get that back.
    so i guess ferrari F2012, RedBull RB8 and McLaren MP4 27 are all lemons. or teams have to work on their cars to make them better. i'll let the reader work out which.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post
    Looks like a panic creeps in slowly in some fair-weather Ferrari fans hearts... :-S

Let's keep faith in our boys and wait till the first race to see what is the full truth about us and other teams.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    sorry, find that really offensive and out of order. I have best friend who had stroke 2 years ago, and has left handicapped.
    Agree completely mate.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    They're just words. People should not be afraid of them.

Yeah, because I said such a thing, suddenly all hell broke loose.

Maybe you should think before press the post button. What did you expect?
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Because it was in extremely poor taste, file mou.

Now let's avoid these type of posts in the future and move on

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

i get the feeling some would find something to be worried with, no matter what happens if Ferrari did glory laps, they would go 'they should not be showing their hand, they seem like they are not fast, so they have to do glory laps to calm fans and avoid sackings' etc.etc.. not a criticism, some are like that.

but RedBull, and McLaren will also have some issues with their cars, they need to sort out aswell. every long run i have seen, Ferrari seem to be right up there with their rivals, but then times can be BS. car looks planted now, i'm hearing, but i guess some will only be optimistic when they see Ferrari as WDC WCC.

Also, the car maybe looks better as since Ferrari said new parts came today, not that Felipe sucks. Felipe is great driver. look at this for pete's sake.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...us-going-well/

there are some problems, but then look at this, all from Autosport articles.

so i guess ferrari F2012, RedBull RB8 and McLaren MP4 27 are all lemons. or teams have to work on their cars to make them better. i'll let the reader work out which.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Voy View Post

Why is it that you associate Panic with being a fair weather fan? You mean to tell me that you have never panicked in your life before?
    It takes all kind of people to get this world to turn. If you are an optimist then more power to you. If I am an optimist then that is my problem. I don't understand why people have to be accused of being a fair weather fan because of it.
    we're number one

not the point

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Why is it that you associate Panic with being a fair weather fan? You mean to tell me that you have never panicked in your life before?
    It takes all kind of people to get this world to turn. If you are an optimist then more power to you. If I an optimist then that is my problem
    . I don't understand why people have to be accused of being a fair weather fan because of it.
    Because it's been 3 days. A tad early to be in a panic, IMHO

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Fry: “A lot of work to do, but starting from a good base line”

Jerez de la Frontera, 9 February – Scuderia Ferrari’s third day of testing, the first with Fernando Alonso at the wheel of the F2012, was very similar to the previous two: a lot of work on data acquisition relating to the behaviour of the car, while not taking much notice of the times. It’s the route the team has to follow as it works on polishing up as quickly as possible a car that is radically different to last year’s, both in terms of its overall philosophy and in some specific components. Therefore there is no reason to create any drama around a time sheet on which the Prancing Horse drivers seem a long way off the pace of the top runners – today the gap hovered around the 3” mark. Fastest in fact was Rosberg (1.17.613 in the 2011 Mercedes,) while Fernando was seventh in a time of 1.20.413.

This approach was underlined by Technical Director Pat Fry when he met the press immediately after the end of the session. “There’s no reason for us to take the fuel out and try and do a quick time to make headlines in the newspapers,” said the English engineer. “However, we must try and maximise the limited twelve days of testing available to us. We have already lost some valuable time when it snowed in Fiorano: on the first day here, Felipe had to do all the work that we could have got through last week, making the most of the opportunity of the promotional filming. With only three tests available, the work has to be more compressed compared to last year and there is a lot of it to get through. The base line is good and we are working through everything that has to be tried to find the best balance on the car, especially in the various phases of the various types of corner. The matrix of solutions we are working on is pretty extensive and one can say that, on practically every run, we are trying different configurations. Here and in Maranello, we are working very hard on data analysis and also using the simulator so as to be sure that we can put together the best possible package.”

Up until the end of yesterday there had not been any reliability problems, but today a failure of an hydraulic nature meant Fernando had to put up with an unexpected stop that lasted around ninety minutes. “Parts are arriving here from the factory which should prevent this type of problem from reoccurring. From a reliability point of view, the car seems good, as it was in the past. As for performance, I can only say that it is going to take a lot of analysis to put all the pieces of the jigsaw together.”

Asked to send out a message to all the Ferrari fans, Fry replied with the sort of answer that those who know him a bit might well have expected. With his usual pragmatic approach he said: “all of us are working very hard…”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...base-line.aspx

Is it me, or every year, around this time, people show up w/1 or 3 posts and
    say simply dumb things? Then they disappear never to be heard from again?
    Or they get banned?

yest that's right autosport, let the world know that we are not happy!!! I like the new mind games we play this season...

Ferrari is back..... like the good old days!!!! When the others hate us it means so much!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

I think after last season a little bit of anxiety is allowed? If we're completely honest we haven't hit the ground running, there's no point denying that BUT we have a brand new car with totally new concepts both mechanically and aerodynamically. There's still a month between now and the next race and without doubt our car has the most room for improvement. I trust in this team and I'll not start panicking just yet. I'm anxious yes, but no need to freak out!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    I think after last season a little bit of anxiety is allowed? If we're completely honest we haven't hit the ground running, there's no point denying that BUT we have a brand new car with totally new concepts both mechanically and aerodynamically. There's still a month between now and the next race and without doubt our car has the most room for improvement. I trust in this team and I'll not start panicking just yet. I'm anxious yes, but no need to freak out!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

so that puts the selective quotes in the autosport article in context. some new parts tomorrow, can't wait. .
    i liked this, as it was exactly waht fans did not want us to do last year, but now want to this year

Therefore there is no reason to create any drama around a time sheet on which the Prancing Horse drivers seem a long way off the pace of the top runners – today the gap hovered around the 3” mark.

“There’s no reason for us to take the fuel out and try and do a quick time to make headlines in the newspapers,” said the English engineer.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

The car is not close to being on pace with the other 2012 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsofan2002 View Post
    How the hell do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsofan2002 View Post
    You have no basis for saying this, in light of the post just above yours

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

BBC Interview with Masa
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    +1

Uma vez FERRARI, sempre FERRARI

I think we look great in the long runs. Todays best time was set on the first lap of a 10-lap stint.

Red Bull didn't really do any kind of runs like we did today, they did short 3 lap stints and huge 20-lap stints. But McLaren also did alot of 10-ish lap stints.

Here are Ferrari and McLarens best 10-lap(ish) stints from today, with the odd laps (like 1:29) and non-timed laps removed. It rounded down to the fastest 6 laps of each of us in a very similar 10-lap run.

6 best laps from a 10-stint run:
    1:21.538 for Alonso
    1:22.338 for Hamilton

Don't judge Massa.
    Alonso would make anyone look like a brainless handicapped "driver"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Maybe you should think before press the post button.
    I'm guessing that's where it went wrong.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.