Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Ferrari 'not happy' with F2012's progress

Ferrari technical director Pat Fry has admitted he is not happy with where the new F2012 is after three days of testing at Jerez.

On Wednesday Felipe Massa admitted there was still a lot of work to do with the new car after two days in the cockpit running various tests. Fernando Alonso took over the workload on Thursday, but missed out on some track time due to a hydraulic issue while the car continued to languish at the bottom of the timesheets.

Fry said neither the problem nor the lap times were of particular concern, but admitted the overall package was not where the team had hoped it to be after three days at Jerez.

"I'm not happy with where we are at the moment, there's a lot of space for us to improve from where we are," he conceded "Reliability wise it's good, performance wise we're OK. We can play around with the performance and improve some corners and some particular parts of the corner, but I wouldn't say I'm happy yet until we get the whole thing working."

Due to the truncated pre-season this year there are only nine days of testing remaining before the first race, and Fry admitted there was still a lot of work to do.

"Certainly having three tests rather than four does compress everything a little bit," he added. "I think we've got a lot of work to do. The basic platform's OK, we're looking at the various characteristics and some of the bits we have to test we can play around with the through-corner characteristics and do different things at corner entry, mid-corner and corner exit.

"It's really trying to find the right balance of those things. We are working through a reasonably large matrix here, so I think each run we're trying a different configuration. There's a lot of analysis here and then back at the factory we are using simulation and the simulator to make sure everything ties in."

And he ruled out putting in a low-fuel lap just to ease the concerns of Ferrari fans.

"We're not concentrating on taking the fuel out and trying to set a lap time," he added. "We've only got 12 days testing [in total] before the first race, we've got to try and make the most of all the time we've got. We were obviously set back a little by the foot of snow we had in Fiorano, certainly the first morning with Felipe [in Jerez] was spent doing what we would have done there. So it's all trying to play catch-up and getting the right package together."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

is it only me or are we being invaded by trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    its easy to bash us. Shame they cannt see that RBR and Mclaren are not setting the lap times alight. And doing the same slow process we are doing with a whole different car then last year. We may not be quick, it testing, Mclaren are not that happy with their downforce levels atmo, but no one takes not of that. Just cos easy to bash Ferrari. Jog on. How many times, ITS TESTING.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

My POST below is for open discussion! I'm a TAD concerned that we might.....(not the operative word MIGHT )..Have something to worry about........unless we can really pull something out of the bag.

OR was that just a smoke screen from mr Fry and co.....??

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    My POST below is for open discussion! I'm a TAD concerned that we might.....(not the operative word MIGHT )..Have something to worry about........unless we can really pull something out of the bag.

well, Hamilton said the same type of thing. means all teams have some teething issues with their cars.

This car is definitely not predictable at the moment, being brand new. We haven't yet figured out the right set-up of the car," said Hamilton. "There are lots of different test items that we're going through.

"It feels like an evolution of last year's car but also there are some things that are not so good. The downforce on the rear for instance, is not as good through the high-speed corners as it was last year, but I'm sure we'll get that back.
    sorry for repitition. just means teams finding their feet. was encouraged with tweets about ferrari later in the day. improving very quickly.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Everybody is scared of what Ferrari can do with a good enough car, hence the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    well, Hamilton said the same type of thing. means all teams have some teething issues with their cars.

sorry for repitition. just means teams finding their feet. was encouraged with tweets about ferrari later in the day. improving very quickly.

Don't know if you understood my post......Especially where comments were from Pat Fry.

Frankly i dont give a hoot about Mclaren............My concern is ferrari.....and hopefully, Just hopefully we haven't built a scary kinda car where its gonna take half the season to work out its potential.......

I think that article has already been posted 4 times stating Ferrari is not happy lol....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

i know by reading the results,The results show more then a second off of the 2012cars.

Don't know if you understood my post......Especially where comments were from Pat Fry.

Frankly i dont give a hoot about Mclaren............My concern is ferrari.....and hopefully, Just hopefully we haven't built a scary kinda car where its gonna take half the season to work out its potential.......
    i think i understood it. like you are worried by Pat Fry's comments. they were selective, and the mclaren thing was that Ferrari is not the only team with issues.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

My Bad Tony........sorry i didn't read all the posts on here

Our sandbagging simulator is correlating, producing better results than expected.

Personally, when you look at the long run pace, our times aren't that bad. I don't know what everyones freaking out about .

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Because it's been 3 days. A tad early to be in a panic, IMHO
    I agree.. I think its too early to be panicked.. My point is not that one should not panic.. However I do not see an co-relationship between panicking and the amount of dedication one has to the team.
    I tend to panic at things earlier than most.. However one can also explain that to be more devotion to a subject.. and therefor quite the opposite of being a fair weather fan.

As far as the subject at hand.. Come Aus is when I will panic.. however not now.
    we're number one

i think i understood it. like you are worried by Pat Fry's comments. they were selective, and the mclaren thing was that Ferrari is not the only team with issues.
    Gotcha point scuderia fan.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    BBC Interview with Masa

Thanks for the post mate.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

There is one poster over on autosport who is at the track and brings bad news every day about Ferrari. Somehow i'm starting to enjoy that, the more the merrier- and the bigger the shock might be for all of them....

Last year I saw an article on how McLaren was using testing simply to gain data to be used by the wind tunnel.
    By co-relating what they were seeing on the track and the wind-tunnel they were able to continue testing since there is no limitation on wind-tunnel use.

Is that what we could be doing if possible?
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Last year I saw an article on how McLaren was using testing simply to gain data to be used by the wind tunnel.
    By co-relating what they were seeing on the track and the wind-tunnel they were able to continue testing since there is no limitation on wind-tunnel use.

Is that what we could be doing if possible?
    AFAIK there is some limitation on wind tunnel use?

In the glorious years Ferrari also had issues during winter testing, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007... LOL, years that Ferrari won, or almost won.

And might I remind everyone of McLaren's disaster during last year's testing...

It's clear that Ferrari have a very specific program in place to test all the new components.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Another newbie without any sort of class or respect for a Ferrari forum
    1.why do you think i dont respect the ferrari forum?
    it was just a mistaken post

2. who do you think you are?
    the boss of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post

the boss of the forum?

LOL. He actually is

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

the boss of the forum?
    he does own it..
    we're number one

It's a new car, nearly a completely new concept and it will take some test days before everything is right.

There's a long championship ahead.

^lol..yes, he does own it...
    By the way, do Ferrari supporters go to mac & rb forums and post dumb things?

the boss of the forum?
    oopsy

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Think of it this way, Ferrari has gone from a "traditional" design to a breakthrough design. Fray is a very perfectionist kind of guy and tries to get the most off the package and the whole team has worked A LOT in this concept before bringing it to Jerez. They have estimates as to what it can do, and now they have a feeling about what the competition can do, and -probably- they're happy with the end result of their work. And now they want to get the results that they fought for.
    They damn right are NOT happy until they put everything together. Why the heck are you worrying about? I am THRILLED to see them like that. And the fact they're pushing and are aware they don't have much time left, will make them push harder.

And if things are the way they say they are, we're in a very good shape.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    In the glorious years Ferrari also had issues during winter testing, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007... LOL, years that Ferrari won, or almost won.

And might I remind everyone of McLaren's disaster during last year's testing...
    I remember 2004. After testing, many people thought Williams were going to return to their form from the 90s and that they were going to end the domination of our dream team after pushing us hard the previous year.

the boss of the forum
    ?
    That sort of goes to make his point bout your being a newbie in the forum :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve