Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 92021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    LOL. He actually is
    This

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post
    Not to throw this whole argument off topic.... but is it me or does our car have a serious amount of rake compared to everyone else? I was looking at pics today on F1.com and there is a shot of Fernando leaving the garage (or coming in, can't remember) and the car is really jacked up in the back.
    Yeah seems that way, Newey was saying without the EBD they can't run such a high rake no more, wonder how we are managing it and if its going to be a big gain.
    Forza Ferrari

"I also find really interesting, reading Autosport this AM, the phylosophy of Mac running a "low" profile design as compared to
    Ferrari and everyone else running a "high" profile concept, hence the traditional style nose on the Mac. 2 totally different concepts
    to achieve very similar results. Which concept will prove correct?"

I posted this earlier today hoping I would get some response from anyone who may understand this a bit better than I.
    Now that everyone has calmed a bit, does anyone actually understand whats up with this? I think the 2 designs are groundbreaking, in the world of race car design
    anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    "I also find really interesting, reading Autosport this AM, the phylosophy of Mac running a "low" profile design as compared to
    Ferrari and everyone else running a "high" profile concept, hence the traditional style nose on the Mac. 2 totally different concepts
    to achieve very similar results. Which concept will prove correct?"

I posted this earlier today hoping I would get some response from anyone who may understand this a bit better than I.
    Now that everyone has calmed a bit, does anyone actually understand whats up with this? I think the 2 designs are groundbreaking, in the world of race car design
    anyway.
    Since 1997, McLaren have always ran with the lowest profile possible. Perhaps it truly is their prefered foundation?
    I find it more interesting how Ferrari had one of their most successful season when running with a low profile, in 2001, and was the only season (since 1995) before switching back to the higher version.

In my view it could be that because of the endless research gathered season after season, that they've streamlined most of the nigs, and would be too much work to start from scratch with a diffirent design approuch?

Then again McLaren have always proud themselves in designing visually pleasing cars, and decided to chance it this season.

If the ugly nose works for Ferrari, great. Though when looking at the more sculpted versions of the other teams, and should McLaren have gotten it right, expect a diffirent nose fairly soon... maybe already in Australia.
    This is going to be a bit of a make or break season for Stefano and co, so they'll be ready to instantly update the car if needed.

It's has very little to do with the "tradition" it's all about the design path and how you want to run the car and its development. The years you mentioned had less restrictions on diffusor volume and floor/splitter shape. The nose regulations were different aswell.
    Last edited by Forza 27; 9th February 2012 at 23:01.

i am a little worried about this jerez test. but somehow these thing keeps the faith in me.

ferrari runs mostly on the harder compound tyre unlike other teams
    ferrari does not even plan to run on low fuel stints at jerez to have a good lap times
    they already admitted, the front suspension only brings small gains BUT THERE ARE "NO" ISSUES WITH IT
    i think they are carefully understanding the behavior of the car so that the development for the whole season will be easier for them. now i know why they are running at limit speeds.

i think they will finally unleash it at 3rd test barcelona
    Hell would have broken loose

I think the comment of pat fry says it all..its all bad for now..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think that article has already been posted 4 times stating Ferrari is not happy lol....
    By reading the posts on this thread it feels like some ppl are expecting ferrari to be slow? Only 1 hour into testing we see idiots posting doom and gloom for our car.. LET'S WAIT TILL QUALI IN AUS FOLKS ! Or have we forgotten last year already? Short memories indeed

Quote Originally Posted by EL NANO View Post
    By reading the posts on this thread it feels like some ppl are expecting ferrari to be slow? Only 1 hour into testing we see idiots posting doom and gloom for our car.. LET'S WAIT TILL QUALI IN AUS FOLKS ! Or have we forgotten last year already? Short memories indeed
    yes you are right. facts are ferrari have very little millage with the softer compounds or not at all, they are not even planning to have a low fuel runs at jerez to compete with the time sheets. they are even running at limit speeds. by the looks of it, i THINK ferrari is deliberately doing something we really don't know, the only problem is that with all the hype, ferrari fans are expecting something else from day one of testing.

i am very optimistic about this car. the only question is "when" will they unleash it. maybe 3rd test at barcelona, maybe practice at AUS GP or even qualifying.

There will be a few cars/drivers fighting for the championship and I just hope the F2012 is among the best cars of the season. There's no reason for being carried away either positively or negatively. Let's wait a month or two. We just need a decent start of the season and a great development program throughout the season. That first upgrade back in Europe will be very important.

I'm not worried one bit. Testing is actually kind of boring since we're not prevy to the details of the program the scuderia is running. If we were running at the top of the time sheets, I wouldn't be happy either. Testing is well... Testing. Testing 1...2...3

Just let the boys sort out this car. They're kinda the best in the World at this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    I'm not worried one bit. Testing is actually kind of boring since we're not prevy to the details of the program the scuderia is running. If we were running at the top of the time sheets, I wouldn't be happy either. Testing is well... Testing. Testing 1...2...3

Just let the boys sort out this car. They're kinda the best in the World at this sort of thing.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    Since 1997, McLaren have always ran with the lowest profile possible. Perhaps it truly is their prefered foundation?
    I find it more interesting how Ferrari had one of their most successful season when running with a low profile, in 2001, and was the only season (since 1995) before switching back to the higher version.

In my view it could be that because of the endless research gathered season after season, that they've streamlined most of the nigs, and would be too much work to start from scratch with a diffirent design approuch?

Then again McLaren have always proud themselves in designing visually pleasing cars, and decided to chance it this season.

If the ugly nose works for Ferrari, great. Though when looking at the more sculpted versions of the other teams, and should McLaren have gotten it right, expect a diffirent nose fairly soon... maybe already in Australia.
    This is going to be a bit of a make or break season for Stefano and co, so they'll be ready to instantly update the car if needed.
    Mac is keeping a fairly low profile also w/ ham only running a bit quiker than yesterday. I do not think Ferrari or any team running this idea can make a quik change to a low nose..its the whole design concept that they (mac) utilize to achieve what everyone is trying to achieve running a different concept. You would have to build a whole new car.
    Im not that crazy about a lot of macs looks thru the years. Ferrari has always had a better looking car, but I am a bit partial.

never seen a mclaren with a high nose car. i have been watching f1 for more that 15 years. their nose is always pointing downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Mac is keeping a fairly low profile also w/ ham only running a bit quiker than yesterday. I do not think Ferrari or any team running this idea can make a quik change to a low nose..its the whole design concept that they (mac) utilize to achieve what everyone is trying to achieve running a different concept. You would have to build a whole new car.
    Im not that crazy about a lot of macs looks thru the years. Ferrari has always had a better looking car, but I am a bit partial.
    Not many people ran better times did they? The track wasnt as hot and possibly the first day for those boys testing is using harder tyres .. therefore we have to wait until todays session and compare those times to get a true indication :)

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah seems that way, Newey was saying without the EBD they can't run such a high rake no more, wonder how we are managing it and if its going to be a big gain.
    Just a wild stab in the dark, but I've came across suggestions that Red Bulls may be using the exhaust gas to seal the diffuser area to reduce leakage from the side (the low pressure area under the diffuser is meant to remove air from underneath the car, but no doubt air will come in from all direction including the sides, which is unwanted, and referred to as leakage.). With their new exhaust, there is no way they can do that.

But Ferrari's new exhaust is pointing to the inner side of the wheel. No one can really tell exactly where the gas is going. But perhaps it could go all the way to the side of the diffuser, if the gas can go that far, and using it to seal the diffuser.

Just a wild guess anyway. We'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    Exactly where does he say that its all bad for now?????

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    yes you are right. facts are ferrari have very little millage with the softer compounds or not at all, they are not even planning to have a low fuel runs at jerez to compete with the time sheets. they are even running at limit speeds. by the looks of it, i THINK ferrari is deliberately doing something we really don't know, the only problem is that with all the hype, ferrari fans are expecting something else from day one of testing.

i am very optimistic about this car. the only question is "when" will they unleash it. maybe 3rd test at barcelona, maybe practice at AUS GP or even qualifying.
    Mate you r one of the few that are getting it, look at the "other" top 10 teams going for outright speed and headlines.. We are doing OUR program by the letter and as Stefano said this year The boys will have the best car to compete for the championship! Are we sand bagging? NO are we showing the true potential of this car NO .. We are getting things right from the beginning this time...

Mate you r one of the few that are getting it, look at the "other" top 10 teams going for outright speed and headlines.. We are doing OUR program by the letter and as Stefano said this year The boys will have the best car to compete for the championship! Are we sand bagging? NO are we showing the true potential of this car NO .. We are getting things right from the beginning this time...

Well said there AL NANO.....

Huh? What do you want him to say? I'll call him... Geez'!!

i seem to agree along those lines too they seem to be very low key for a reason

ok let's wait and see what Briatore says

Look just how desperate and devastated they look...

also some interesting tweets from Ferrari:
    JaviNegue Javier Negueruela
    @InsideFerrari A good base line? Poor beginning; we expected something else from the very beginning
    InsideFerrari Scuderia Ferrari
    @JaviNegue What counts is Melbourne, isn't it?

Simply_Nafe3 Ahmed Nafea
    did @InsideFerrari do #renault s last year mistake by having too many innovative ideas not working together?!
    InsideFerrari Scuderia Ferrari
    @Simply_Nafe3 Last year we were accused of being too conservative, this year to be too innovative? Let's wait and see ....

I think you don't understand nothing... :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

the only thing that worries me from the start is the legality of the exhaust and bodywork, but after charlie says it is legal for now, things looks good for the red boys

and to top of that, some teams, (will not mention any) needs to attract sponsors so they need to top time sheets as early as day 1. specially ones that struggles financially.
    Last edited by anakin; 10th February 2012 at 07:13.

Good day everyone. 4th day of Jerez test session
    http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/438

Lets just enjoy it for what it is. Personally I feel we should cut down on attacking other user's comment and opinion. Let everyone be free to share their view even if we don't agree with them

08:08 Want evidence of how cold it is at Jerez? The sector two speed trap isn't working because it is frozen.
    Last edited by Hornet; 10th February 2012 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Lets just enjoy it for what it is. Personally I feel we should cut down on attacking other user's comment and opinion. Let everyone be free to share their view even if we don't agree with them

Scuderia Ferrari:
    "Today's programme has not changed. We need to collect as many data as possible about the behaviour of the F2012, mainly on the aerodynamics."

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Thank you, exactly what i posted 2 pages ago.

Btw i gave up on autosport live yesterday, maybe they were drunk or something but they post a lot of drivel. Including writing not very nice things about the spanish spectators at the tests, though they cut that a bit after i complained.