Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 102122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

@Hermann

What have they said about spanish spectators ?

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    @Hermann

What have they said about spanish spectators ?
    Calling them 'spanish punters invading our press room' and such. I don't remember all of it but i got fed up with that and wrote a complaint to their live email.

I understand that autosport is a McLaren fanclub and all, and that they want to entertain their readers, and normally i stay away from that anyway, but the AMuS live commentary is not really an option either for a Ferrari fan lol...

Hola!! Alonso 1.23.986.

08:33 That includes the fastest sector one time we've seen so far today.

08:33 More encouraging for Alonso, he gets down to 1m21.126s.

here's a tasty figure you guys must look at
    Same car a year later, same track, same driver
    Nico Rosberg 2011 laptime -
    1:22.103
    Nico Rosberg 2012 laptime -
    1:17.613

That's a massive 4.5 seconds! difference - shows the development through the course of the season plus the Merc w02 was running the Front wing F-Duct, and a few suspension mods.
    Mind you the Merc back then was a DOG..

just shows the level of development in F1
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

InsideFerrari30 mins agovia TweetDeckTwitter
    Today's programme has not changed. We need to collect as many data as possible about the behaviour of the F2012, mainly on the aerodynamics.

Alonso 1m19.289s

08:49 Alonso bangs in a 1m19.289s for Ferrari

NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT BUDDY!!!

Alonso
    1:19:289

There you go, we can be faster....

I would very much like to know the type of tyres and the fuel load of the 1m19.289

Hehe nice our first reasonobly fast lap

it's probably still cold there so 1.18 today is 100% possible

Quote Originally Posted by alex1s View Post
    I would very much like to know the type of tyres and the fuel load of the 1m19.289
    08:51 @InsideFerrari: Second run of the day, this time on Soft tyres: Fernando's best time was 1.19.289

Alonso bangs in a 1m19.289s for Ferrari!

soft tyres
    fuel load -->

andrewbensonf1
    "And Alonso starts day with a bang. Ferrari might not be happy with new car, but he's done a 19.289 to put him in Vettel/Hamilton territory."

Auto - Motor - Sport (german):
    "In the press center laptime of Ferrari is recorded with a smile. Many had previously been expected that Alonso today push speed in order to provide for peace in Maranello. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo had warned his team not to come home with bad news."

"In the press center laptime of Ferrari is recorded with a smile. Many had previously been expected that Alonso today push speed in order to provide for peace in Maranello. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo had warned his team not to come home with bad news."
    Exactly. Give the fans some reassurance. It's still early and track temp is very low at the moment.

Good to hear.

Pretty good lap time considering how cold the track surface is at the moment.

Given track temperature its not bad time at all... somewhere on level with Hamilton and Vettel...hopefully it wasnt made on almost empty tank :) (it was 6 laps stint...)

08:50 Red Bull meanwhile has a man down by the Lotus garage, watching proceedings

excellent news!
    its still early days for ferrari, wait till the barcelona test to see some great speeds from them..

Nothing to get excited about. As Ferrari keep telling you all - they aren't chasing lap times. Certainly not here in Jerez. A 19.2 isn't particularly quick, many will go quicker, us too.

I don't understand why some people have to start worrying because we're not putting in 1m16's every 5 minutes. It is called 'testing' for a reason. Testing parts, testing data correlation, testing setups, testing the tyres.

Testing: "a particular process or method for trying or assessing."
    Qualifying: "a particular session in F1 where teams attempt to set the best possible lap time."

This isn't qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Nothing to get excited about. As Ferrari keep telling you all - they aren't chasing lap times. Certainly not here in Jerez. A 19.2 isn't particularly quick, many will go quicker, us too.

I don't understand why some people have to start worrying because we're not putting in 1m16's every 5 minutes. It is called 'testing' for a reason. Testing parts, testing data correlation, testing setups, testing the tyres.

Testing: "a particular process or method for trying or assessing."
    Qualifying: "a particular session in F1 where teams attempt to set the best possible lap time."

This isn't qualifying.
    You see, after so many years of mediocrity due to Aldo Costa, the Ferrari fans want glory.

Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:20.709
    Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:20.413
    Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1:20.493
    Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1:21.074

Those are best times from Jerez 2011
    We are already 0.8 sec faster with new car...

From F1 Fanatic. OR, Keith "I love McLaren and hate Ferrari" Kollantine.

Nice drawing here of how the Ferrari would look with a proper nose: is.gd/rVr5lD So much better! #F1
    From me to him.

@f1fanatic_co_uk What you mean, Keith, is that someone photoshopped the nose from your beloved McLaren onto the Ferrari. #F1
    @SteRumbelowF1 Do you not think the McLaren nose looks better than the Ferrari nose? You may be in a minority on that one...
    @f1fanatic_co_uk It's just what you're used to. You're a journalist Keith, you're supposed to report facts, not biased opinions.
    @SteRumbelowF1 I'm not a journalist and I'll say what I please.
    @f1fanatic_co_uk Not a journalist? So, somebody who reports news and information to the public. Yet, you're not a journalist. Ok then.
    @SteRumbelowF1 If you don't like my writing, don't follow me. No-one's forcing you. But can't blame me for not meeting your preconceptions.
    @f1fanatic_co_uk I never said I liked the nose. I agree it's not very nice. But as someone who reports to the public, you can't be biased.
    @SteRumbelowF1 Everyone is biased. We are all predisposed towards certain points of view. I try to be impartial, but it's unattainable.
    @SteRumbelowF1 But to leap from me saying the Ferrari is a bit ugly to pretending I've got a vendetta against them is nonsense.
    @f1fanatic_co_uk Of course it's not unattainable Keith. It's very simple. You keep opinion to yourself when reporting, or should.
    @SteRumbelowF1 There is not a single unbiased, impartial person in the world. We're all only human. To claim otherwise is naive.
    @f1fanatic_co_uk I agree everyone has a preference. But it shouldn't be reported in your articles or via Twitter. Keep it to yourself.
    @SteRumbelowF1 No. I will express my opinions whenever I choose, whatever they are. If you don't like that, then please unfollow.
    Last edited by Ste; 10th February 2012 at 08:37.

Something tells me that it was a rether bitter smile by some who were really enjoying the prospect of a slow Ferrari for 2012

Do we have to assume that is Hamilton pushes for speed he is trying to provide peace in Woking, Vettel in Milton Keynes, Grosjean in Enstone, and so on?

6841685603_e90323997b_b.jpg

F2012 Mclaren nose:)

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    From F1 Fanatic. OR, Keith "I love McLaren and hate Ferrari" Kollantine.

From me to him.
    Typical brittish muppet

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post
    Something tells me that it was a rether bitter smile by some who were really enjoying the prospect of a slow Ferrari for 2012

Do we have to assume that is Hamilton pushes for speed he is trying to provide peace in Woking, Vettel in Milton Keynes, Grosjean in Enstone, and so on?
    AMuS- they used to be a good site but they have jumped on the 'lets entertain them with senseless gossip and drivel' waggon.
    They just invent things, i stopped reading anything from them some time ago already.