Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Did you guys notice Fernando's helmet has a different design? Changes mainly at the front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    They will go out again, for sure, otherwise they wouldn't have fitted the new parts on the car. Let's just wait...
    new parts???? huge improvements hopefully, fernando will again chunk that fastest time for the day...
    Hell would have broken loose

A lot of "TESTING" goes on for all of the teams. No one is setting any Qualifying times yet. They all have a lot of parts to test. Maybe the next test, we will see the teams take their new cars to the limit and try to break them. The next two test sessions of the season should be more interesting.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    new parts???? huge improvements hopefully, fernando will again chunk that fastest time for the day...
    I like you positive spirit... Go Ferrari go.. Go Fernando go

Man, what a day, the time lap was good and all, but so very little laps. Let's hope everything goes smooth in barca.

Alonso on track

what happened...everyone has disappeared or this thread is offline???????

not much happening on track atm
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

Quote Originally Posted by Forza 27 View Post
    If you look at the wing pylons the space between is narrower at the end. It helps compress the air flow that flows back to the splitter. In this way there are less turbulence air affecting at it.
    I suspect the tongue beneath McLaren's nose also aims for a similar effect.

Though when examining the other cars with the high nose, it seems only Ferrari's are narrower towards the wheels.

15:41 Could this be another spectacular effort to please the Spanish crowd... which certainly doesn't look as big as earlier. The cold must be starting to bite in the grandstands.

autosport is really on it today

Its a shame i would have liked some more action, but there's only a few days until Barcelona.

Relax. It didn't help last year when both Alonso and Massa completed more laps than any other driver.

Well, no major issues this week except for the hydrolics..I'm cauciously optimistic that we have what it takes..

New exhaust fitted today towards the end of testing.

Hi guys,

I'm a Ferrari F1 fan, and just registered to the forum because i wanted to ask a question about the new F2012:

Has anyone noticed the floor from the back of the car is too high from the asphalt? In some pics is clearly noticeable! However, the floor from the front of the car is at the right distance. I mean, having the floor too high should be detrimental to performance (the centre of gravity becomes too high): Look at this pic: (click to enlarge)

f3.jpg

Sounds like it was a very good test session for Ferrari. A lot of Flow-Vis used and many things tried out and verified. Looks like Ferrari are learning the car quickly and it has speed. That is a good thing to see. Seems like Pat and the re-vamped Engineering staff are accumulating a NEW BASELINE of data for this very new, original design car.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Glad to see some raised moods over here. So, Fernando went 1:18,8, and I still believe this Ferrari was at 30 % of its ful potential.

In Barcelona we'll probably see more realistic times in terms of Grid/Race potential positioning, imho. But still not as clear as Melbourne will be, as there all the cars will be flat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a Ferrari F1 fan, and just registered to the forum because i wanted to ask a question about the new F2012:

Has anyone noticed the floor from the back of the car is too high from the asphalt? In some pics is clearly noticeable! However, the floor from the front of the car is at the right distance. I mean, having the floor too high should be detrimental to performance (the centre of gravity becomes too high): Look at this pic: (click to enlarge)

f3.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.

Yes, we call that rake("car is too high from the asphalt"). Red Bull had such a high rake last year because of the EBD, apparently it helped with downforce. This year though, EBD has been banned and so teams are running lower rake.
    That picture was taken yesterday, but today's pictures indicate that Ferrari has been running a lower rake compared to the last few days. So don't worry, i'm sure they're just experimenting!
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I think Autosport have a weird obsession with Ferrari's top time today
    They even start a poll about whether its a glory run or not
    I got in to work this morning and noticed the timesheet up on the F1 Google+ page so I made a tongue in cheek comment about how that should shut up the "Ferrari built another dog" people. IMMEDIATELY my post gets attacked with;

"Alonso did that on softs, everybody else is on mediums"
    Of course people cited yesterday's Autosport "Ferrari hate new car" article

Gotta love it. When we are off pace the Ferrari is a dog and the fact that Ferrari told everybody ahead of time they weren't going for time gets ignored. Then when we set a competitive time its because we're on the softs and everybody else is on mediums and hards. I really hope this car dominates the season like the RB-7 did last year.

joseluisf1:
    "The new method, introduced in Maranello begins to run, the response time was very fast, the parts arrived on time"
    "The new floor (there are 2 versions) + new parts (internal) and some minor modifications to the software have improved balance and traction"
    "However, two points need to be improved to make a competitive car. They hope to improve more in the next test"
    "Some new aerodynamic parts had been tested, some worked, some not"
    "We used 'aerodynamic markers' in the pieces that did not work to check the flow, Alonso gave a turn at a time"
    "Alonso: "The F2012 is brand new. Nothing to do with Ferrari in 2011. Now we do not know where we stand in Australia""
    "Ferrari confirmed that Alonso will be on 21 February at the Barcelona test"

Hi guys,

f3.jpg
    Gosh that's hell of high ride height at the back especially without EBD, but the car isn't probably under massive load there but still. They were probably trying / testing something there with felipe, who knows???

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    New exhaust fitted today towards the end of testing.
    Interesting. So blowing near the brake ducts is not a done deal yet as Ferrari experiment with different areas.

Hi guys,

f3.jpg
    Yeah, thats the rake of the car, where in this case, for aero performance, they raise the rear end of the car.

One benefit of doing that is if you imagine the car being slanted that way, with the rear higher, that means the front will be low (imagine a see saw, when one end goes up, the other end goes down). This allow the team to run the front wing much closer to the ground as the front end will be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.

Yes, we call that rake("car is too high from the asphalt"). Red Bull had such a high rake last year because of the EBD, apparently it helped with downforce. This year though, EBD has been banned and so teams are running lower rake.
    That picture was taken yesterday, but today's pictures indicate that Ferrari has been running a lower rake compared to the last few days. So don't worry, i'm sure they're just experimenting!
    And the more rake you have, the lower your front wing gets to the track, increasing downforce in the front. And if you can keep the airflow attached and without spilling out the sides of the diffuser you will, as you said, also get more downforce in the rear.

Last Years EBD's were most probably used to seal the sides of the diffuser. Although we will never know for sure.

Seems like we had an interesting session today. From what I've read on this thread the car shows a lot of potential. Let's hope the team will make good use of the data they collected during these testing days so we can shut some mouths when the season begins.

joseluisf1:
    "With all the data collected, the team will redesign many parts. In Barcelona the car will change much, at least internally"

Alonso now confirms that the car heats the tires good and that he has no girlfriend

I guess autosport will have following title "Alonso heat his girlfriend good but has no tires on car"... :)

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Alonso now confirms that the car heats the tires good and that he has no girlfriend

I guess autosport will have following title "Alonso heat his girlfriend good but has no tires on car"... :)

All I can say is

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

How did we do mates and matesses?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

why only 39 laps todays test?