Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Ferrari is hiring i saw that somewhere, don't remember where though- software engineers. Interestings bits from joseluis, is there enough time to build a new chassis, pass the crash tests and bring it to Barcelona already? Uff...
    if all these rumors are anything true at all, so much for going aggressive this year in our design.
    so no matter what we do, conservative, aggressive we still suck..

hopefully will not be another long and shitty year for Ferrari and of course for us fans
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    if all these rumors are anything true at all, so much for going aggressive this year in our design.
    so no matter what we do, conservative, aggressive we still suck..

hopefully will not be another long and shitty year for Ferrari and of course for us fans
    It is way to early to making this kind of a statement.

I think everybody on this forum should just come out and say the car is dog as to make the doom mongers happy.

I'll go first... The car is a dogs breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    It is way to early to making this kind of a statement.

I think everybody on this forum should just come out and say the car is dog as to make the doom mongers happy.

I'll go first... The car is a dogs breakfast.

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the car is a DOG, at least i HOPE is not.
    i know we have some of the best, if not THE BEST people at Ferrari; and i have TOTAL faith in Pat, Tombazis along with all the brilliant engineers and last but not least the master RORY BYRNE.

but when you hear rumors from various people (again we dont' know if they're true or not) it makes you wonder and in a way it brings my morale down a bit...i'm a TRUE DIE HARD Ferrari FAN and i've been for a LOT of years back since the Schumi days, and i CAN NOT stand seeing our BELOVED RED team lose...

and i trully HOPE that this will be our year to turn things around and become dominant for years to come, and really show the Red Cow's drinks company what FERRARI heritage and history is all about

ok, my venting/rant is now over

Forza Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari does not suk..good car, bad car, good race, bad race... you is, or you aint!

Nobody Knows how good the car is or any of the teams cars is untill the 3rd race !!! so suggest people just wait untill then before calling the car a dog etc etc etc etc.

+1

I don't only wanna see winning.
    I wanna see motorsport (F1 in particular) with the Prancing Horse in it!!!
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

The secret of the detatchable part of the rb8 floor:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...1807&start=420

I think that part works like last year the exhaust gases did, on averting air to flow from the side under the diffuser.
    Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 12th February 2012 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    joseluisf1:

"Ferrari have already found what the aerodynamical problem is, to see if tomorrow or know more details;)"
    "They seem to have changed the rules for approval of the chassis, which would design a new one and re-passing the FIA crash test"
    "However, I could not confirm this new standard anywhere, so I leave it in simple 'rumor'"
    "There are rumors that Ferrari has hired more engineers, in this case for jobs back office"

so new chassis possible, thats not good...
    I'm not certain if something is lost in translation here, but I don't see where it says Ferrari intend on crash testing a new chassis?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I call BS on that. Not even the FIA, with all their stupidity would surely change the chassis rules about 2 weeks after the cars have been launched!!!!

That part is not related to what Jose Luis writes about the Ferrari which says they have identified what was giving them some concerns, but now doom is coming again????

At least that is the way I understood those tweets. One saying Fools In Authority have made yet another controversy possibly, and the others talking about how they have made progress with the data.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Yeah, but later tweets of Jose says he hopes Ferrari doesn't have to design and fabricate a new chassis. As things stand now it seems like a severe problem and if need be, even if they can get around the problem, I would prefer that they design a new chassis as to rid them of the problem once and for all.

I must not have followed the last few pages of this thread properly but I don't see the link between the minor problems Ferrari reported during their 4 day test and the need to redesign a new chassis?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Yeah, but later tweets of Jose says he hopes Ferrari doesn't have to design and fabricate a new chassis. As things stand now it seems like a severe problem and if need be, even if they can get around the problem, I would prefer that they design a new chassis as to rid them of the problem once and for all.
    Well, the way I read it was that Ferrari as with every other team bar maybe McLaren will have to redesign a new chassis if this rule changes. I did not read this as Ferrari having to redesign the chassis because of their problems. If they were that bad, that the whole new chassis has to be designed McLaren MP4 18 style, then we would have known about it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I must not have followed the last few pages of this thread properly but I don't see the link between the minor problems Ferrari reported during their 4 day test and the need to redesign a new chassis?
    I don't think there is one, either.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I don't think any "Chassis" redesign is to happen. I think what may happen is the angle of the rear lower wishbone may change to give greater Aero benefit to the rear. We also may see a modified, new Exhaust system once all of the data has been collected and understood. We there is New Floor come regardless what has been printed regarding the Chassis.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    even if it is not up to speed by the second race, i believe it can still challenge in melbourne. it all just depends on what they do in Barcelona.
    they stated that its pretty short testing period that's what makes things hard for them BUT they said that they will be ready for the first race and for the season.i just cant recall if its stefano or nikolas. they really don't have to display some fastest lap for the 2nd and 3rd testing. they are really just sorting out the new component to create very good music right from the first race. that's from their statements. i just don't know if ferrari are just sandbagging and just showing "some" of their cards at jerez or their statement are true enough that they are just sorting everything.
    Hell would have broken loose

Regarding the Red Bull, we all know there are limits to the "holes" the Floor area can have and they too can only have so much. I think ALL teams are working on the Double-Floor concept and how use that air in and around the Floor and Under Tray areaespecially as it relates to the sidepod shape and location. The Aero work to develop and apply High Pressure and Low Pressure Air zones on the rasce car are critical to downforce.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

With regards to that Crash Testing issue, I do not think it pertains to the team having issues with the chassis. I think it's just that the FIA changed (again) the rules on crash tests.

As I read it, I understand Ferrari has changed their own *internal* rules, it says nothing about the FIA rules.
    My guess is their current process is too slow to get the chassis out by Barcelona, so they streamlined it.

sorry for the confusion I may produced, several tweets later joseluis explains that chassis thing has nothing to do with ferrari but these are 2 separate news, one with FIA changing rules for chassis and other of Ferrari having some problems with aerodynamics...

may be there's still a problem with our wind tunnel which was modified

Way too early to judge how bad or good this car is, last year Ferrari were the best team in preseason testing....

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Way too early to judge how bad or good this car is, last year Ferrari were the best team in preseason testing....
    I don't want them to be the best in testing, they must be the best on Sundays.

Anyone know the dates of the next session of tests???
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

joseluisf1:

"Telemetry test indicated that the F2012 lost downforce in curves inexplicably, lost balance and traction"
    "These sudden loss of downforce were random, as this not occurred in the same part of the same curve"
    "During a pit stop to solve a problem of reliability, Alonso and Fry spoke in depth about this strange behaviour"
    "Apparently, during the conversation to Fry 'is turned on the light', I call Tombazis and began to make some laps"
    "They've "armed" the car with 'aerodynamic markers' and were looking back to back flow and suspicions from Fry seemed to be confirmed"
    "In Maranello confirmed the cause: several pieces of 'material progress' yielded to the pressure and the flow was diverted improperly"
    "That was the reason that the problems were not detected in the tunnel, parts of the model did not have that problem"
    "In production are sleepless in order to investigate why those pieces behaved so, failure to manufacture and / or misscalculation?"
    Last edited by medeni73; 13th February 2012 at 10:20.

joseluisf1:

"Telemetry test indicated that the F2012 lost downforce in curves inexplicably, lost balance and traction"
    "These sudden loss of downforce were random, as there always occurred in the same part of the same curve"
    "During a pit stop to solve a problem of reliability, Alonso and Fry spoke in depth about this strange behaviour"
    "Apparently, during the conversation to Fry 'is turned on the light', I call Tombazis and began to make some laps"
    "They've "armed" the car with 'aerodynamic markers' and were looking back to back flow and suspicions from Fry seemed to be confirmed"
    "In Maranello confirmed the cause: several pieces of 'material progress' yielded to the pressure and the flow was diverted improperly"
    eh? so they know the problems, assuming this guys is right. well, that is good, let's sort it out in Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Anyone know the dates of the next session of tests???
    21 Feb Circuit de Catalunya
    22 Feb Circuit de Catalunya
    23 Feb Circuit de Catalunya
    24 Feb Circuit de Catalunya

1 Mar Circuit de Catalunya
    2 Mar Circuit de Catalunya
    3 Mar Circuit de Catalunya
    4 Mar Circuit de Catalunya

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    eh? so they know the problems, assuming this guys is right. well, that is good, let's sort it out in Barcelona.
    According to joseluis those materials were deforming during runs and thus creating loss of downforce...

joseluisf1:

"These sudden loss of downforce were random, as this not occurred in the same part of the same curve"
    "That was the reason that the problems were not detected in the tunnel, parts of the model did not have that problem"
    "In production are sleepless in order to investigate why those pieces behaved so, failure to manufacture and / or misscalculation?"
    OK, firstly this would be in house Ferrari information. And surely all the employees working there, very well know that such a leak would cost them their jobs?

Which is why I very much doubt any of this is true.

Every year any team that has a bit of testing issues, explodes in a gossip marathon with no official fact.

I'm really getting sick of it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the car is a DOG, at least i HOPE is not.
    i know we have some of the best, if not THE BEST people at Ferrari; and i have TOTAL faith in Pat, Tombazis along with all the brilliant engineers and last but not least the master RORY BYRNE.

but when you hear rumors from various people (again we dont' know if they're true or not) it makes you wonder and in a way it brings my morale down a bit...i'm a TRUE DIE HARD Ferrari FAN and i've been for a LOT of years back since the Schumi days, and i CAN NOT stand seeing our BELOVED RED team lose...

and i trully HOPE that this will be our year to turn things around and become dominant for years to come, and really show the Red Cow's drinks company what FERRARI heritage and history is all about

ok, my venting/rant is now over

Forza Ferrari
    +100

According to joseluis those materials were deforming during runs and thus creating loss of downforce...
    I remember in Korea last year Alonso's front wing had a problem. They had to fix it 10 min before the race start. Now this happens.

It appears the production department is sloppy when it comes to QA testing. Who's running that department?