Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    OK, firstly this would be in house Ferrari information. And surely all the employees working there, very well know that such a leak would cost them their jobs?

Which is why I very much doubt any of this is true.

Every year any team that has a bit of testing issues, explodes in a gossip marathon with no official fact.

I'm really getting sick of it.
    All this info may be leaked on purpose by the PR department to provide some sort of transparency. I think it's the real deal. It certainly isn't leaking any mission-critical info, so I don't see what the problem is.

It's got to be the PR department here.

There is also a rumour that says, that the front pull-rod suspention geometry causes votexes and turbulents tha airflow to the sidpods.

by truzonef1

looks like they will stop tweeting now. apparently they are sick of people doubting them, i think.

but they did say that Ferrari were bringing a modified front suspension to Barcelona.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Whatever, the car is good, they just need to build it properly (that is, the actual construction). All those months of hard work weren't in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Whatever, the car is good, they just need to build it properly (that is, the actual construction). All those months of hard work weren't in vain.
    exactly. this kind of thing happens. it kind of reminds me of what happened to Felipe's wing in India, if true.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I remember in Korea last year Alonso's front wing had a problem. They had to fix it 10 min before the race start. Now this happens.

It appears the production department is sloppy when it comes to QA testing. Who's running that department?
    Well before we judge any department of Ferrari, let us respect that they are highly trained engineers. Mistakes do happen at times. On track behaviour need not be consistent with factory testing. So let us wait for the next test and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by meh123 View Post
    Well before we judge any department of Ferrari, let us respect that they are highly trained engineers. Mistakes do happen at times. On track behaviour need not be consistent with factory testing. So let us wait for the next test and see what happens
    Yeah, mistakes do happen at times like they happened from 2009 till barcelona 2011, the reign of Aldo Costa.

Mistakes have happened during most champion seasons...maybe in practice, qualifying and race...I dont think you can say decisions in design/race strategy etc taken outside that period were flawless...

Mistakes have come from drivers, engineers and designers...But we have learnt n moved forward...Does not make much sense in blaming Also Costa alone...

really people, some of you should stay far away from the milk.
    it will go sour from being too close to you.
    just relax and let the team work, a lot of these reports are total BS.
    just look at all of the pre testing articles and what turned out to be true of those!
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Hello everyone, just want to clear up a few things. The Homologation rules have changed, it(the car) just needs to be re-crash tested if a team wants to change the chassis. However, Ferrari does NOT want to change their chassis. Also regarding some news of the F2012.

It seems the car would lose downforce inexplicably in some corners but not the same place every corner. It seems some pieces of "advanced materials" ceded to pressure(deformation) and airflow was diverted incorrectly. This could not been seen in the windtunnel on the smaller model due to 50 meter per second Regs and the lack of pressure that is exerted on real track conditions. via Jose Luis

Either way there is plenty of time until Melbourne. Either way the title isn't won is Melbourne so there is time. Ferrari will be fine. Have faith! #TIFOSI

Everytime I read something about this car it is bad news. I'm starting to think that my estimate of the 2nd or 3rd race is bit ambitious.

They clearly have a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Everytime I read something about this car it is bad news. I'm starting to think that my estimate of the 2nd or 3rd race is bit ambitious.

what bad news? these tweets? to be honest, i think they are good news, if true, as it means that they have already found out the issues with their car's handling.

here is some good news to balance it out

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97481

I don't give those tweets to much credence to be honest. They are just nice to keep discussion going.

I'm referring the part about the Ferrari in the Autosport Plus article about getting it right on corner entry and then screwing the balance mid corner and vice versa. New suspensions being brought and what not.

They are obviously still having correlation issues and it wouldn't surprise me if they only get up to speed a bit later than initially thought. I still have high hopes though but I'm not going sit here and say I'm not concerned.

I suspect his tweets about this will be about as accurate as his tweets about the F2012 before it was released.

I remember in Korea last year Alonso's front wing had a problem. They had to fix it 10 min before the race start. Now this happens.

It appears the production department is sloppy when it comes to QA testing. Who's running that department?
    Not necessarily. Just remember that the wind tunnels and CFD will give you an idea of WHAT is going to happen, but to truly know you need to put the car on the track and find out.

Guys, let us all calm down because we've got just one test behind. I say we should start panicking after the 2nd or 3rd race of the season if the situation with the car's behaviour proves to be right.

Now it's way too early.

I don't give those tweets to much credence to be honest. They are just nice to keep discussion going.

I'm referring the part about the Ferrari in the Autosport Plus article about getting it right on corner entry and then screwing the balance mid corner and vice versa. New suspensions being brought and what not.

They are obviously still having correlation issues and it wouldn't surprise me if they only get up to speed a bit later than initially thought. I still have high hopes though but I'm not going sit here and say I'm not concerned.
    oh yeah, i heard about that during Massa's days. i remember something about power steering problems being one of the causes to it. Alonso has said that the car felt like night and day comparing day 1 to day 4, so i believe those mechanical problems may have largely been solved. and with the correlation issues, it would be crazy if they didn't have small correlation problems, especially with the speed limit in the tunnel and the model size limit.
    i suspect that there are issues for all teams, it is just that ferrari's are more well known, because of last year.

and like you said a couple pages back, get the setup right, and you will see a massive difference. keep the faith.

Many people here need to ensure that they're not
    just victims of knotted underwear?

Come on people this is what testing is for- finding problems and fixing them before the season starts. You cannot expect a radically aggressive new design to function perfectly out of the box. This is normal development and nothing to get excited about.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

OMG i go away for a few days come back and this forum is in more tangles that it was before.

Everyone chill out man this is the reason why its called testing because they are testing!! The season hasn't even started yet. Don't read much into them tweets unless u hear it from Ferrari its all just speculation and rumors. We've had a low key start and the press hasn't got much to write so they can make up stories just to get you to read their articles no matter if there true or not.

I think Grieg needs to bring out his hammer more often! (suspension till the gp starts)

That's right, but the team is solid -- apart from, perhaps, the head of production - another useless Italian.

change the title of this thread to "pics and OFFICIAL news only" because people and their tweets and all you fake fans with "if this and if that" have truly ruined this thread. i hope Greig does something about this because half of the posts here doesnt even belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Fan View Post
    change the title of this thread to "pics and OFFICIAL news only" because people and their tweets and all you fake fans with "if this and if that" have truly ruined this thread. i hope Greig does something about this because half of the posts here doesnt even belong here.
    If you only want to read 'official news' you can do so on the various news sites. You don't need a forum for that. We all can also read the official versions on the Ferrari site, its acutally not really necessary to post them here as well.
    Various news from various sources is actually the sense of a forum, you don't have to take everything you read here as gospel. The same goes for the tweets.

Jose Luis:
    • We continue with the aerodynamics, will change again the center of aero forces to get more balance, which is absolutely normal
    • There are planned new suspensions with the new data to improve the mechanical traction, mechanical grip and the treatment of Pirelli
    • But most problems are the 'anomalies' aerodynamic, you will build and test new parts as soon as possible
    • The reliability takes priority in the next test, where they hope to make as many laps as possible, like almost every team
    • About the suspension, the heating of the Pirelli is correct, but its management is 'improvable', although some of the blame is aerodynamic
    • Changes in the suspensions visually will hardly be noticeable, are not new, but a modification of existing ones
    • In some cases, it appears that problem was not the torsion of the materials 'advanced' but securing them
    • Once solved all the problems and reliability, all teams will put their 'tricks' to get more downforce

LOL love the panicking.

Last year we were in much worse shape when we kept on telling others we had unbeatable reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    LOL love the panicking.

Last year we were in much worse shape when we kept on telling others we had unbeatable reliability.
    Where is this panic you speak of?

possible source for joseluis, the guy posted latest infos (true or false) couple of hours before joseluis on twitter :)
    any italian speaking guys around? :)
    http://spontoncristiano.blogspot.com/

That's right, but the team is solid -- apart from, perhaps, the head of production - another useless Italian.
    Pathetic comment, bordering on racist.

@ Butterfly,

Who said Ferrari have a "Production" problem??? I remind you that Ferrari is 95% Italian in personnel!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    Pathetic comment, bordering on racist.
    +1, Italian, English or Zambian, it doesn't matter where the person comes, everyone makes mistakes.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari