Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 253637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    There is also a rumour that says, that the front pull-rod suspention geometry causes votexes and turbulents tha airflow to the sidpods.

by truzonef1
    I don't think so because ferrari themselves said that the front pull-rod gives a small aerodynamic advantage.

It seems the entire paddock knows more than Ferarri does about their own car. Ferrari should hire all the journalists and guys twittering because they are amazingly talented at spotting all the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    possible source for joseluis, the guy posted latest infos (true or false) couple of hours before joseluis on twitter :)
    any italian speaking guys around? :)
    http://spontoncristiano.blogspot.com/
    Key points:

-Unlike the 150th the F2012 has no problem heating the tyres, but the issue is that now they are degrading too quickly.
    -The rear side of the car lacks downforce, especially in the turn exits. Apparently the layout of the rear suspension + the deformation of some aerodynamic parts are responsible for this, as the combination of both is said to create vortexes that prevent clean air from reaching the diffuser and the rear wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    It seems the entire paddock knows more than Ferarri does about their own car. Ferrari should hire all the journalists and guys twittering because they are amazingly talented at spotting all the problems.
    so true.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

If anyone has a problem with a post, whether it's about rumours, or a dodgy comment, or photos being quoted etc etc, you know you can use the 'report post' function, right?
    Just checking
    Forza Jules

Rumor: Apparently Byrne would come urgently to Maranello in private flight. NOTICE is just a rumor not confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    That's right, but the team is solid -- apart from, perhaps, the head of production - another useless Italian.

Nice.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

our pal joseluis is getting pesimistic more and more:
    Question: rumor: the Ferrari will be competitive not before the European season.!! true or false?
    joseluisf1: I hope false, but I think: true :(

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    our pal joseluis is getting pesimistic more and more:
    Question: rumor: the Ferrari will be competitive not before the European season.!! true or false?
    joseluisf1: I hope false, but I think: true :(
    who cares, RBR and Mclaren were not really lighting up the tests last week. Come on, it the first test session. Got plenty more kms to cover as yet, got too tune our car in. Just wait till qualy in Melbourne, that is when it counts.

Forza Ferrari.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Pardon my ignorance, but who is this joseluis guy? Or do we not know?
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    That's right, but the team is solid -- apart from, perhaps, the head of production - another useless Italian.
    Nice..another racial moron..Mabey you should check your history..last I checked, Ferrari is an Italian marque.
    I am happy that you are so perfect... this post is offensive and should be removed...
    Some get so brave hiding behind a computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but who is this joseluis guy? Or do we not know?
    Some people do know but the secret isn't out. I haven't a clue. Crucial_Extreme (new member here, called Jason) may have a better idea since they're always in correspondence on Twitter, as well as alogoc.

He's an unknown unfortunately, but quite a lot of the information he gives out appears to be legit and a fair bit has also been correct.

Ta. Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser...
    Forza Jules

If he is a Ferrari employee (very much doubt it) his mouth will soon be duct-taped, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Nice..another racial moron..Mabey you should check your history..last I checked, Ferrari is an Italian marque.
    I am happy that you are so perfect... this post is offensive and should be removed...
    Some get so brave hiding behind a computer screen.
    He's been banned
    Forza Jules

He does appear to be privy to information, but leaked information is seldom perfect.... I agree with the assessment that it may take Ferrari a few races to come to grips with such a radically different car for them.... even if they don't take the first race by storm, I wont be so quick to write off this season as I was last year....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    He does appear to be privy to information, but leaked information is seldom perfect.... I agree with the assessment that it may take Ferrari a few races to come to grips with such a radically different car for them.... even if they don't take the first race by storm, I wont be so quick to write off this season as I was last year....
    Scuderiafan and I discussed this already. It is not the end of the world but they would be on the back foot development wise rather early already.

I certainly didn't need a tweet from Jose Luis to tell me that it is looking unlikely that the F2012 will be on the pace come the first race.

Thank you for responding to Butterfly. My take is that the car is very different and there will be parts that will need modification which is normal during the testing process. That is much different to a part being made improperly which I don't think that is the case. ALL parts are X-rayed and carefully inspected prior to application onto the race car. Butterfly's comments regarding "Quality Control" seem incorrect.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    If he is a Ferrari employee (very much doubt it) his mouth will soon be duct-taped, I hope.
    i have a feeling he is making it all sound a little better than what he actually knows with a sprinkle of sugar on top

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post

I certainly didn't need a tweet from Jose Luis to tell me that it is looking unlikely that the F2012 will be on the pace come the first race.
    And what gives you that sort of opinion?
    Forza Ferrari

FTR Jose Luis is not an employee of Ferrari. As far as his information goes, people choose to believe it or not. I know his information is legit, but others are free to think what they will. One thing for instance is Thursday he said Ferrari would have a new floor on the car for the 4th test. Sure enough Friday a new floor was used & Ferrari confirmed new parts were used. There's more accurate information he's given as well, but I don't want to fill this thread up with it.

As for the F2012. Things are ok I believe. I know not all of the news is great right now, but the guys in Maranello are not dumb. They will get on top of the situation. Still lots(decent) of testing time & potential laps to be done before Melbourne. Keep the faith TIFOSI.

OMG ! Maan ! It seems that all these useless infos given by hungry over the winter journalists make the F2012 look like a brick that'll be seconds away from the leaders. Stop believing all this crap.

it's just testing . In testing you need to collect a lots of aero,mehanical data's etc. That's the point of testing not doing glory runs and fighting to be on the top of the sheets . I think we will see a real Ferrari @ 3rd test , maybe last day of 2nd , and then in Melbourne we'll see :) . Just calm down they know what are they doing .

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    To me it's sounding more and more like chassis flex. The loss of downforce is supposedly very random which is a pain in it self to isolate couple that with Ferrari seemingly experimenting with new carbon fibre layups which has already led to them failing one crash test then chassis flex being the issue is not all that impossible.

Furthermore, you have a car which is a radical departure from previous Ferrari's which will no doubt require fine tuning of major components and setups then the 2nd or 3rd race seems like a logical target.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

He used the old "I just know" method.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    He used the old "I just know" method.
    I did no such thing.

Why don't we all wait and see what happens in Barcelona.. According to what I have read and heard the team will be doing long runs there for reliability and tire testing along with taking more measurements and starting to tune the car a little bit. It's obvious to any engineer this last go around was testing all new parts they built over the winter and seeing how they interact with each other. To say they won't be competitive until the European part of the schedule is nuts, nobody, not even Ferrari know if their car is competitive right now and anyone who says they know is just flat out lying...
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    Good thing these guys don't have the money to race they're own team. Otherwise they'd win every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    He's been banned
    Someone got banned what did I miss?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    FTR Jose Luis is not an employee of Ferrari. As far as his information goes, people choose to believe it or not. I know his information is legit, but others are free to think what they will. One thing for instance is Thursday he said Ferrari would have a new floor on the car for the 4th test. Sure enough Friday a new floor was used & Ferrari confirmed new parts were used. There's more accurate information he's given as well, but I don't want to fill this thread up with it.

As for the F2012. Things are ok I believe. I know not all of the news is great right now, but the guys in Maranello are not dumb. They will get on top of the situation. Still lots(decent) of testing time & potential laps to be done before Melbourne. Keep the faith TIFOSI.
    The faith is strong here
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif