Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Why don't we all wait and see what happens in Barcelona.. According to what I have read and heard the team will be doing long runs there for reliability and tire testing along with taking more measurements and starting to tune the car a little bit. It's obvious to any engineer this last go around was testing all new parts they built over the winter and seeing how they interact with each other. To say they won't be competitive until the European part of the schedule is nuts, nobody, not even Ferrari know if their car is competitive right now and anyone who says they know is just flat out lying...
    Ferrari know exactly where they stand with regard to their internal targets and judging from Fry's statements they are not happy. It is not surprising though because the car is new.

Fry also alluded to time being against them. Now if you know better then great but I'm not going to stick my head in a sandbox and pretend everything is peachy. I'm way too much of a realist for that.

Fry might well just be playing the media and rivals, something to consider
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Someone got banned what did I miss?
    Not much, just Butterfly offending an entire nation
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    That is one way of looking at it but I think it is rather unlikely. He has nothing to gain by playing the media and rival teams because they have their own experts and will quite easily be able to tell what the Ferrari is like on track.

Autosport have a paid article up where they explain Ferrari's troubles. It is not looking good at present but that is not to say that it won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    That is one way of looking at it but I think it is rather unlikely. He has nothing to gain by playing the media and rival teams because they have their own experts and will quite easily be able to tell what the Ferrari is like on track.

Autosport have a paid article up where they explain Ferrari's troubles. It is not looking good at present but that is not to say that it won't change.
    Ah Autosport, must be true then
    Forza Ferrari

Ah Autosport, must be true then
    I see this a lot. People dismissing what is written simply because they don't like what they're reading.

They were there, they saw the car in action and they state it is their impression. Nothing wrong with that and I believe them because it ties in with what others have written about the random loss of downforce and the constant references to the aero lacking.

I'm by no means forcing my opinion on you. You are a grown man and capable of forming your own opinions of what is presented to you.

I will form my own opinion, and that will be formed when testing stops and the racing begins, not after 4 days of testing a whole new car for the team

I have not read it, I have no desire in reading it, Autosport will do anything to keep people paying for articles is my opinion, and slating Ferrari appeals to their customers in general
    Forza Ferrari

4 days testing, no shakedown due to bad weather, total new design car, different compound tires? Sheesh..
    And I'll bet everything is running smooth as silk for all the other teams..

They are not happy because they thought that the car will be 1sec faster than it's rivals. They are working to achieve their goal very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    He used the old "I just know" method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    I did no such thing.
    Yes you did. No one knows what the car is capable of other than perhaps those inside Ferrari. The words of a few alarmists seems to have set everyone's hair on fire that the new Ferrari is a dog that can't get out of it's own way.

I suppose since Ferrari set 2nd fastest time of the test all the other teams are going to totally redesign their cars as well since they obviously have a major design flaw if they can't best Ferrari's time. Everyone except Lotus/Renault that is and they might as well since they were only a tick faster.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    That's right, but the team is solid -- apart from, perhaps, the head of production - another useless Italian.
    Why would you be a Ferrari fan if you feel this way about Italians? It's too bad you were banned, you see Italians are quite racist as well, two can play at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    It seems the entire paddock knows more than Ferarri does about their own car. Ferrari should hire all the journalists and guys twittering because they are amazingly talented at spotting all the problems.
    yes you are right about that one. the only ones that know the problems and strengths of the F2012 are their hard working engineers especially pat and nikolas. what ever the problem is they are working on it, and what ever are the strength of the car, they will try to extract more from it. even stefano stated after the f2012 launch that they will also try to not show all the speed of the car. have faith guys!!!
    Hell would have broken loose

might be a possibility. looking at their images/pictures from the recent test, they are smiling, for me, i think they are not even look worried at all
    Hell would have broken loose

The wind tunnel apparently correlates to the track results, so there should be no "surprises" in the car's general behaviour. Just some tweaking to be done so all the parts work at their best. But with a totally new design there is no solid base setting to start from. It will be a painstaking process.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Yes you did. No one knows what the car is capable of other than perhaps those inside Ferrari. The words of a few alarmists seems to have set everyone's hair on fire that the new Ferrari is a dog that can't get out of it's own way.

I suppose since Ferrari set 2nd fastest time of the test all the other teams are going to totally redesign their cars as well since they obviously have a major design flaw if they can't best Ferrari's time. Everyone except Lotus/Renault that is and they might as well since they were only a tick faster.
    That time was hardly impressive all things considered. Haven't you guys been reading what Fry, Alonso and Massa have been saying.

I'm not saying the car is a dog. I am saying the car has issues and it will take a while to sort out. To believe otherwise is tantamount to living in lala land.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    That's right, but the team is solid -- apart from, perhaps, the head of production - another useless Italian.
    This is getting personal now and I do not appreciate postings like this and ask that the mods please have a word here. Posts like this usually show a lack of intelligence IMHO.

P.S. Sorry , never realized he'd already been banned, was about to call my uncle Don Vito to send one of his guys to have a chat with Signore Butterfly
    Last edited by Sempre_Ferrari; 14th February 2012 at 07:36.
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

I don't know if they are the same or not, but on a spanish Alonso fan site there was a a guy called Turdo and he had a lot of info that was "true" not everything he said came out but a fair bit did, just like with Joseluis...
    That was in the time Alonso was @Renault...

He was connected in the F1 circuit, so Joseluis doesn't have to be an employer of Ferrari to know these kind of things..There are a lot of rumors in the paddock that we don't know about, but are posted via other channels.
    And I think that all post's from Joseluis maybe exept a couple are all based on paddock rumors.. And you know what they say about rumors.."where there is smoke there is fire"...
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Butterfly turned out to be a dirty moth! Watch the cloth moth!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

joseluisf1:

"In production it seems that they know the cause of the unexpected behavior of the parts. Tomorrow they begin to produce new ones"
    "New center of aerodynamic forces have been recalculated, as a result the F2012 in Barcelona should have improved balance"
    "If all goes well, reliability and management of Pirelli will be the focus of the next test in Barcelona"

where did that come from ?
    joseluisf1:

"In production it seems that they know the cause of the unexpected behavior of the parts. Tomorrow they begin to produce new ones"
    "New center of aerodynamic forces have been recalculated, as a result the F2012 in Barcelona should have improved balance"
    "If all goes well, reliability and management of Pirelli will be the focus of the next test in Barcelona"

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    where did that come from ?
    joseluisf1:

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...335#post709335

In the remaining 8 testing days in Barcelona, does the team gets all 8 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    In the remaining 8 testing days in Barcelona, does the team gets all 8 days?
    No,one week break between two tests in Barcelona.21-24 february then one week break 1-4March

I will form my own opinion, and that will be formed when testing stops and the racing begins, not after 4 days of testing a whole new car for the team

I have not read it, I have no desire in reading it, Autosport will do anything to keep people paying for articles is my opinion, and slating Ferrari appeals to their customers in general
    +1

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Rome wasn't built in a Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo181 View Post
    Rome wasn't built in a Day!!
    No, but 100 years would be a bit too long too

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    No, but 100 years would be a bit too long too

I believe there are a couple problems, one being the exhaust and the best way to extract performance from it. This would jive with "insider knowledge" but even more so with the different configurations run by the team during the first test. Most team(not all) basically stuck with their initial exhaust locations and we'll probably see them testing different configs at BCN.
    When Pat spoke of reasonable but not perfect correlation I believe this was one of the main things he was referring to. It's very hard to replicate in the tunnel, and I feel sure they didn't cut bodywork in CFD in such a way they did at Jerez.

I think the other problem is with the overall aero of the car. There are different reasons cited for the issues in this respect, so we'll have to wait and see what the team come up with.

Reliability. Was obviously a factor in limiting the number of laps the F2012 had to run. For me this qualifies as the most insignificant factor of them all. I believe if anything else isn't fixed in BCN, this issue that plagued jerez will be fixed.

To summarize, losing 20%(possibly more) of the overall downforce of the car is huge, and having the most efficient exhaust configuration will be paramount. Something that will be worked on by all teams testing many different configurations. I'm not too concerned that we were testing different layouts. IMHO, it's to be expected.

Aero concerns: Completely new car with new solutions. I don't think anyone, including Ferrari themselves expected to be perfect in Jerez. Our Engineers are capable guys and rectify the issues. It's just important they take the path that allows further development of the 2012 package and not go for the fastest working solution.

As many have said, it's only a few days after the first test. I'm honestly not too concerned, I not only have faith I also think it's practical to have these type issues with a car that's completely different than anything the team has ever done. I honestly don't think that the BCN will alleviate the worriers concerns nor the naysayers. As long as we get plenty of laps for testing I will be happy & content. It is only Saturday in Melbourne that I will get concerned and even then it's not too late. #TIFOSI

All of the talk, rumors, speculation, hearsay & rants only prove one thing...
    People really do lose it when there's no racing..

This car is an entirely new and very aggressive design. I would have been shocked if they did not find problems in the first testing session. I have confidence these will be resolved. Hopefully it will be in time for the first race, but if it isn't, it won't be the end of the world. I think when all sorted this car will be very fast. If we are competitive in the first race or two and then dominant, it would not be such a terrible thing, but I honestly believe we will be fighting for a win in Australia.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times