Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 227383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

@ Ray,

Agree! Ferrari hav e produced a very complex design that will require much more effort than most of the other teams who are really running a "Carry Over" design from previous years. Ferrari certainly hav e a VERY DEEP Engineering Staff and it is about undestanding the race car and making it do what they want it to do. When you have some 300+ people working on this Formula One project you can't help but advance quickly. Many things will be tried as a resulkt of the data gained at the test session. Patience! is the key word.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raylinds View Post
    This car is an entirely new and very aggressive design. I would have been shocked if they did not find problems in the first testing session. I have confidence these will be resolved. Hopefully it will be in time for the first race, but if it isn't, it won't be the end of the world. I think when all sorted this car will be very fast. If we are competitive in the first race or two and then dominant, it would not be such a terrible thing, but I honestly believe we will be fighting for a win in Australia.
    Sounds good to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    All of the talk, rumors, speculation, hearsay & rants only prove one thing...
    People really do lose it when there's no racing..
    True. :)

Quote Originally Posted by raylinds View Post
    This car is an entirely new and very aggressive design. I would have been shocked if they did not find problems in the first testing session. I have confidence these will be resolved. Hopefully it will be in time for the first race, but if it isn't, it won't be the end of the world. I think when all sorted this car will be very fast. If we are competitive in the first race or two and then dominant, it would not be such a terrible thing, but I honestly believe we will be fighting for a win in Australia.
    couldn't agree more with you

stefano: During the tests we - like all the other teams - will be trying not to show everything about the speed of our car.....
    for me, that's why i don't look to much at jerez lap times or number of laps, "MAYBE" at the last test at barcelona will show the real capability of each teams car.
    at jerez test i paid more attention to the different features of different cars, front wings, nosecones, suspension geometry, sidepod shapes, how it will influence to their cars.
    Hell would have broken loose

I remember when we were doing more laps than others last year and the car was a dog. I certainly don't mind running less laps but get things right.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    I remember when we were doing more laps than others last year and the car was a dog. I certainly don't mind running less laps but get things right.
    that's why many thought that its going to be ferrari vs. redbull throughout the season. even to a point that they wrote of mclaren. and the results are not as expected. i "think" that ferrari did something wrong with the testing with the italia, and now that they are doing the right thing(i think), not just having a hand full of laps (long runs and short stints/qualifying pace) that they wasn't really able to understand the characteristics of the italia. i hope that they now were able to turn the table.
    Hell would have broken loose

Flo vis pictures in Jerez session 4

If you believe the 'technical analysis' of AMuS, both McLaren and Ferrari have been a second slower than LR at Jerez.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...t-4413543.html

His main opponent, however, left with mixed feelings from Jerez. Ferrari has a surprise bag. A car that the engineers and drivers have yet to understand. The chronology of the fastest lap of Fernando Alonso on Friday shows that Ferrari had sent the Spaniard out on track with the order of making a show lap. Alonso drove out with the soft tires in the morning hours, when the conditions were ideal for record laps.

The team needed a chill pill, because the media in the home already increased the pressure. Let us take the case to the best of Ferrari: Alonso and Grosjean were similar with little fuel on board. Alonso with the soft tyre, Grosjean with medium. The time difference was 0.458 seconds. Add the tire advantage; add the Alonso-factor. Then the Ferrari at the moment is likely to be slower a second as the lotus.

I doubt Alonso is even trying during these test, we've yet to see what Alonso can do with the car.

To suggest Lotus suddenly improved leap and bounce to get ahead of Ferrari by a second is just silly

Wait... Amus says a similar fuel load while Autosprint says the Lotus had 60kgs of fuel.

Neither of those laptimes were really impressive though. Ferrari set theirs on the softs in cool conditions (good for engine power bad for tyres) while the Lotus set theirs on mediums in warm conditions (good for tyres more normal engine power).

About the flow vis pics. There is very little flow stagnation around the rear tyres... The flow moving upwards on the sidepods just before the Acer duct is strange.

The AMuS article is a load of nonsense.

They have no way of knowing how much fuel is in any car, it just makes their job easier to assume that Grosjean and Alonso both had low fuel when they set their best laps. Ferrari said on twitter that they wouldn't do any qualifying-style runs in Jerez - but some people choose to ignore that, content with their own fantasy thoughts. The AMuS article gets worse -- It looked at McLaren's best time (which was a second slower than Grosjean's) and then used Hamilton's "we were aggressive with the fuel" comment to assume that Lotus are a second ahead of McLaren

AMuS

Both TR drivers did a 1.19.5 in Jerez. If they can do that, it's likely that we (along with Red Bull, McLaren and Lotus) were capable of doing 1.17's.

so Lotus are 1 sec ahead of McLaren and Ferrari.

i expect them to write saying Mercedes will be 5 seconds ahead of the lot.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

i expect them to write saying Mercedes will be 5 seconds ahead of the lot.
    Just wait and see. They might come up with that sooner or later, its a german site after all.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    they forgot to mention Kimi's speed...that's another 1 to 1.5 seconds faster...lol

i personally think this is a bunch of BS, and what i truly think, is that Ferrari has built a BEAST of a car, is just that they don't want to raise any suspecious comments or get the FIA on their backs for something illegal...because we all know the FIA, if it's anybody else other then Red Cows or McCheaters doing super fast laps, THEN IT MUST BE ILLEGAL...

i think Ferrari quietly know they got this under wraps...just my personal opinion
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 15th February 2012 at 12:14.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Just wait and see. They might come up with that sooner or later, its a german site after all.
    yeah, i used to think ti was a very good source, and it still can be, but you can't help but feel that with Vettel and Merc, they are very partial to these guys.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

All cars will change their behaviour after they will put on the development parts which will influence the aerodynamics of the car. The first test was more about getting the mechanical side of the car running and collect as much of data as possible to check the corelation between track and wt/cfd. For evrey little changhe you do you must go on track and do aero test/flowvis test. They stared with basic setup and then they tried different settings to see how car behaves. This doesn't mean that they searched for the optimal setup to do the quickest lap time in Jerez. The track temperatures were very low at the morning sesions and still some cars did their best tims in this period rather than later when temperatures were higher. You can only guess about the fuel loads as garages were colsed for reportes so even sneak view at numbers on the refueling machine is less likely.

new exhaust layout

In barcelona it seems ferrari will have a more conventional layout of exhausts closer to the center of the car similar to redbull and lotus, blowing under the lower rear wing. Visually this should also make the rear end look tighter.

Thumbs up Ferrari will be stronger at Barcelona

There's no reason for us to take the fuel out and try and do a quick time to make headlines in the newspapers - Pat Fry...
    I don`t think that Ferrari did that lap on low fuel...and why would they do that...i have a strong feeling that ferrari will come strong at Barcelona...

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    In barcelona it seems ferrari will have a more conventional layout of exhausts closer to the center of the car similar to redbull and lotus, blowing under the lower rear wing. Visually this should also make the rear end look tighter.
    Source?

And you came by this information where?

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    And you came by this information where?
    yesterday's gazzetta dello sport but also there is mention of it in the following article.
    http://www.derapate.it/articolo/ferr...ranello/35573/

yesterday's gazzetta dello sport but also there is mention of it in the following article.
    i don't speak italian, and i don't know how credible this source is, so for now i just take your word for it and wait and see if Ferrari shows up with a different exhaust in barcelona

Link to Gazzetta article?

and here is the article

f2012.gif

Like understand the article it means that Ferrari will use a more conventional exhaust. Similar to the one he set his best time with.

Nothing about Red Bull in that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Like understand the article it means that Ferrari will use a more conventional exhaust. Similar to the one he set his best time with.

Nothing about Red Bull in that piece.
    Thats how I read it, that we won't blow the brake duct fins anymore. It will blow towards beam wing like the picture below. Either way, thanks for sharing Snoopy!! :))

Pirelli, official tyre suppliers to the FIA Formula One World Championship, have announced the compound allocations of their dry-weather P Zero tyres for the first three rounds of the 2012 season.

For the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, at Melbourne’s Albert Park from March 16-18, the teams will be provided with the Italian manufacturer’s medium and soft rubber. Pirelli will then take their hard and medium compounds to the Malaysian race a week later, before switching back to the medium and soft tyres for April’s Chinese round.

The rules stipulate that each team will receive six sets of the harder compound and five sets of the softer compound over each race weekend. Pirelli’s Cinturato Green intermediate tyre for damp track conditions (four sets per driver) as well as their Cinturato Blue rain tyre (three sets per driver) will also be available at each race.

Last season Pirelli took their 2011-spec soft and hard compounds to the Australian, Malaysian and Chinese rounds.

Tyre compounds for the opening rounds of the 2012 season:
    Australia (Melbourne) - medium, soft
    Malaysia (Sepang) - hard, medium
    China (Shanghai) - medium, soft

well this car of ours better warm up those mediums good cos if its not we're in trouble...