Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 42940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    would you say that those cooling issues lead to the hydraulic problems? i read something about that.

anyways, good to see the thread has calmed down a lot.
    Yes I believe that is the cause for the hydraulic problems. They're working flat out so I have faith we'll get the issues sorted out. :)

Overhead comparison with the 150 Italia

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Come on! Lets we do have a filming day too please
    . i think they will, to be honest. they are the ones that invented 'filming days'

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

. i think they will, to be honest. they are the ones that invented 'filming days'
    Yeap i hope so friend hehe filming days,straight line tests,everything that we can.

I expect this filming after the next lot of testing. Probably at Barcelona as well considering the Sponsorships on Ferrari.

Massa today in simulator.
    from joseluisf1:
    "One of the things to be tested is the balance after changing the center of aerodynamic forces"
    "They have also relocated the ballast and other internal parts, the weight distribution remains the same as it is fixed"
    "I forgot to indicate that the change in weights and other internal parts would have eased somewhat the center of gravity"

in other news:
    "Colleague tells me that McLaren expect to be at the level of Red Bull before the GP of China. They lack downforce and rear traction"
    "Moreover, it appears that the MP4-27 is very reliable and very well balanced. The lack of DF makes difficult to handle the car in fast corners"
    Last edited by medeni73; 17th February 2012 at 07:58.

Enrique Rodríguez @Truzonef1

• RUMOR: I say that is circulating the theory that the RB8 has perforations (illegal) in the flat bottom to optimize the flow.
    • Rory Byrne has analyzed the telemetry of the car during the Jerez test, and immediately advise Fry modifications to be made
    • Byrne knew that some parts could give in to pressure from the use of advanced composites. With the new parts it would be solved
    • The amendments set out in the center of aerodynamic forces seem to have taken effect on the overall balance of the car
    • After reviewing the front suspension, modifications have been made by Hamashima to optimize the tires

Another rumour folks:
    Byrne has advised the area of the sandwich toaster in the cockpit, immediately better toast of the golden

What? Prove me wrong! Just pulling your chain. Looking foward to next week already.

joseluisf1:
    • It seems that Byrne would have personally supervised the manufacture of some pieces of advanced material, the fibers are very complex
    • The first tests of Massa in the simulator show a marked improvement in the balance of the F2012, it would have gained 3 tenths
    • Of course, provided the parts and their supports are properly made ​​this time, something that is not detectable in the simulator
    • The improvement would have come from the change in the center of aerodynamic forces and the relocation of weights and pieces after lowering the CoG
    • After checking the balance, Massa is going to focus on the management of Pirelli under the direct supervision of Hamashima.

Assuming the guy doesnt make these things up, he must have someone on hotline over there in Maranello...

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Assuming the guy doesnt make these things up, he must have someone on hotline over there in Maranello...
    Which is why doubt all of this. People working at Ferrari know the wraith of LDM isn't pleasant when it comes to leaks or stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    joseluisf1:
    • It seems that Byrne would have personally supervised the manufacture of some pieces of advanced material, the fibers are very complex
    • The first tests of Massa in the simulator show a marked improvement in the balance of the F2012, it would have gained 3 tenths
    • Of course, provided the parts and their supports are properly made ​​this time, something that is not detectable in the simulator
    • The improvement would have come from the change in the center of aerodynamic forces and the relocation of weights and pieces after lowering the CoG
    • After checking the balance, Massa is going to focus on the management of Pirelli under the direct supervision of Hamashima.
    If all this is true...then

I cant wait until we go on testing again...

Can anybody surely confirm that alonso's lap in jerez was not a qualifying lap...
    I know ferrari told that they would not do any qualifying run...
    but on bbc.co.in it was stated that an ferrari insider told them that alonso's lap was a short fuel lap..

joseluisf1:
    joseluisf1 is no one but fernando himself.......................

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT PALIO View Post
    joseluisf1 is no one but fernando himself.......................

big LOL here

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Jose Luis doesn't make things up. He doesn't claim to be employed by Ferrari or anything of the sort. He just has a good source. He has proven accurate time & again.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    Which is why doubt all of this. People working at Ferrari know the wraith of LDM isn't pleasant when it comes to leaks or stupidity.
    Nevertheless, most of what this chap is coming out with seems plausible
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post
    Enrique Rodríguez @Truzonef1

• RUMOR: I say that is circulating the theory that the RB8 has perforations (illegal) in the flat bottom to optimize the flow.
    • Rory Byrne has analyzed the telemetry of the car during the Jerez test, and immediately advise Fry modifications to be made
    • Byrne knew that some parts could give in to pressure from the use of advanced composites. With the new parts it would be solved
    • The amendments set out in the center of aerodynamic forces seem to have taken effect on the overall balance of the car
    • After reviewing the front suspension, modifications have been made by Hamashima to optimize the tires
    What a teabag in the cockpit? PG Tips have some explaining to do
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    Can anybody surely confirm that alonso's lap in jerez was not a qualifying lap...
    but on bbc.co.in it was stated that an ferrari insider told them that alonso's lap was a short fuel lap..
    well it was the first lap of a 9 lap run. some were not timed as he went into pits for a drive through.

http://f1tests.co.cc/2012.php

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

well it was the first lap of a 9 lap run. some were not timed as he went into pits for a drive through.

Mate, my antivirus software has blocked that site ??????

Do you have a link?

I highly doubt that it was a low-fuel run - Toro Rosso's best lap was only 7 tenths slower than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    sorry about that. it's noot a bad site, and shows all the times for every one.

here you go:

1:18.877 (16)
    1:27.387 (17)
    No Time
    1:19.729 (18)
    1:20.042 (19)
    No Time
    1:20.149 (20)
    1:35.514 (21)
    No Time
    in boxes (22)

The time was set in the morning on a cold track and he did another 6 laps. If he was on a glory run they wouldn't have had anywhere near that much fuel in the car and they would have done it later in the day when the track would be warmer and there would be more fresh rubber down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    That's a good site for times during testing, but, if your AV is blocking it, then try this link.

sorry about that. it's noot a bad site, and shows all the times for every one.

here you go:
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    That's a good site for times during testing, but, if your AV is blocking it, then try this link.
    thanks

really weird about that other site:

Details:

Web page:

Description:
    Access to the web page was blocked by ESET Smart Security.
    The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

joseluisf1:
    This guy is just stating the obvious, no insider contact in my view.

Yes, it's official that since Byrne worked on this car since the beginning, that he would be following through this project through out the year.
    Yes, it's obvious that after the first tests, the captured data would have been streamlined for the simulator, and there's a improvement in numbers.
    Yes again, the simulator and actaul car are two diffirent things.
    Yes once more, with any car when the center weight is improved, the performance is improved. Something is always done by every team through out the year.
    And again, yes, Hamashima has been employed to continously supervise the effect of Pirelli with the car.

Really now... Next this guy will be broadcasting that the car will be fueled up before testing.

Honestly, I would be happier if these tweets never existed.

Do you have a link?

I highly doubt that it was a low-fuel run - Toro Rosso's best lap was only 7 tenths slower than ours.

Here is the link..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben..._provides.html