Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

I have not seen any *doom and gloom* here so far. Only genuine Ferrari fans asking legitimate questions and getting a bit worried the new car may not be (yet) the Second Coming. People jumping ahead and drawing conclusion too early is not that new either. I very well remember last year when people were being silenced and didn't dare to post their opinion anymore.
    I might not like what people write here sometimes, but i will go on barricades for their right to write it.

Well I can say for myself that only opinion I could make after just 2 days of testing is that the car works (no technical/engine problems yet). Anything other than that I would consider Internet Masturbation aka Doomers vs Gloomers... so open your minds and hit it with opinions and voice of the people...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Look either we can have a real discussion here about the testing or you rename this topic to 'Ferrari cheering thread no discussion allowed', its obvious Ferrari is struggling with some things but when we are not supposed to talk about it, why even have a testing topic, we might as well close the topic and wait for the first race before we comment on anything. Deal?
    I think the issue is how can anyone even think we have problems? This is day 3 of testing a radically new and different car. For Pete's sake (I always wondered who Pete was BTW) we don't even have a reference point to set this car up. It is all new suspension, front and back for starters. Team with evolutions of last years car (ie RB and Macca) can start with what they had for last years car and tweak it, we have to learn it all from scratch.

On top of that we also have the most new parts and each much be evaluated, that means a baseline run with and without. So, we have more comparative testing to do than any other team and we have the least idea on how to achieve ideal setup. Given that, I think the times Felipe did on his two long runs yesterday were great and provide lots of reasons to be optimistic. Lastly, here's what Peter Windsor had to say about Felipe and the F2012's late runs yesterday:-

Felipe Massa looked very good late in the day, when he was finally able to string some laps together (prior to that, Ferrari were in telemetry mode: out-lap, in-lap, out-lap, in-lap). The new Ferrari gave the impression of being fast on both slow and fast corners – and I say “gave the impression” because Felipe appeared to be driving well within the car’s limits at every given moment. And he was doing so with a nice, taut entry phase, just as he used to have in the good old days. No reason to be anything but positive about Ferrari at this early stage of the day.

Alonso out on softs...

any pictures yet ??
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

I have not seen any *doom and gloom* here so far. Only genuine Ferrari fans asking legitimate questions and getting a bit worried the new car may not be (yet) the Second Coming. People jumping ahead and drawing conclusion too early is not that new either. I very well remember last year when people were being silenced and didn't dare to post their opinion anymore.
    I might not like what people write here sometimes, but i will go on barricades for their right to write it.
    It's unrealistic to expect the car to be the 2nd coming straight out of the blocks or even at any stage of the season, given where we've been in the last 3 years.

Guys, I've noticed the Ferrari doesn't have those rings on the front tyres. How much are those worth, a tenth, more?

There is a 'forum police' here jumping on everyone who dares to mention that there might be problems for Ferrari, while its quite obvious there are.
    Well I think its a general trend here to be a bit naīve, it must have something to do with the overwhelming desire to be a "true" tifosi. Nothing wrong with that, its just a bit frustrating from time to time, especially when you're looking for constructive information or arguments.

It indeed seems that ferrari might have gone overboard with the F2012, plenty indicating it. I wouldn't take lightly Rosbergs comments either, he usually doesn't talk cr@p. And Massa speaking of unanticipated extra amount of work, sounds like the pr version of "we're in trouble here".

Of course there's more then enough of time still to turn the tides.

09:22 Alonso sets a much quicker time than before, lapping in 1m22.712s.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Guys, I've noticed the Ferrari doesn't have those rings on the front tyres. How much are those worth, a tenth, more?
    rings? like what? any pictures?

Yes Rosberg doesn't talk crap:

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/5959/617/

As Trulli said, it is insane that people are already drawing conclusions from 2 days of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by qb_marukochan View Post
    rings? like what? any pictures?
    192427.jpg

Like Vettel has on his rims at the front.

Or in other words: 99% of the public, fans, press, journalists are insane. Which is actually not really a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    If I remember correctly, they're worth about 3/10 per lap, but I'm not sure about that.

09:46 Bad news for the Spanish crowd coming up... Alonso has a problem.
    09:47 News from @InsideFerrari: "It will be a long break before Fernando can rejoin the track. A hydraulic problem occurred on the car so we are working to fix it."
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

It looks like Fernando sits a little bit too high.

News from @InsideFerrari: "It will be a long break before Fernando can rejoin the track. A hydraulic problem occurred on the car so we are working to fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Yes Rosberg doesn't talk crap:
    When he said he believed ferrari can't catch mclaren, I think he told the truth.

And when he says most of the paddock thinks ferrari might be in trouble, I think he tells the truth.

Awww man

Better now than in the race weekend I guess. Remember last season, we had quite some hydraulic problems too during Friday test.

1 Grosjean Lotus 1m18.806s 24

Grosjean for WDC! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    When he said he believed ferrari can't catch mclaren, I think he told the truth.

And when he says most of the paddock thinks ferrari might be in trouble, I think he tells the truth.
    It was obvious since first day but we didn't want to admit it. I was almost accused as a non ferrari fun by some of us here because I told the obvious. Now what's going on ??? It's the third day and we just keep understanding the car?? Not once, going for a fast lap?? Come on guys!!! I know truth hurts because I suffer the most!!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post

How would he know what most of the paddock are thinking?

Seems like a case of Rosberg seeking some attention again, by making overexagerated statements (just like he did in Monaco 2006).

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    It was obvious since first day but we didn't want to admit it. I was almost accused as a non ferrari fun by some of us here because I told the obvious. Now what's going on ??? It's the third day and we just keep understanding the car?? Not once, going for a fast lap?? Come on guys!!! I know truth hurts because I suffer the most!!
    IMO... we are sandbagging and not showing our true pace; just in case horner, uncle ron and bernie start to feel we will run away with everything and try to ban our developments or deem them illegal.

We may even be bordering on illegal on some of the parts and hence keeping a low profile (for the above said reason)... And come race day, we will just blow them to bits.
    Silently, like a shadow

You clearly don't understand the purpose of testing... Sorry. Of course we will have some issues (it's completely new car for god's sake!) but only Ferrari do know what issues they are. Whole paddock can thing what they want, they know nothing...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

We said our test programme would be different and we said not to expect fast times. Last year we went for fast times and it proved nothing. We were the 3rd/4th best team in the early races.

Times mean nothing. I mean do you honestly think Lotus are what, 2 seconds faster than us?

Look either we can have a real discussion here about the testing or you rename this topic to 'Ferrari cheering thread no discussion allowed', its obvious Ferrari is struggling with some things but when we are not supposed to talk about it, why even have a testing topic, we might as well close the topic and wait for the first race before we comment on anything. Deal?
    What things are we obviously struggling with?
    Forza Ferrari

T van R Guest
    These tests mean nothing for spectators. Tests are just important to the teams. I don't give half a quid to these test lap times. I don't know why every one wants a quick flying lap in every test. Calm down & let the team do it's job

Please calm down, Calm down please, Please, Please, Please & ...

Calm Down

T van R Guest
    Calm Down