Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

New wing:

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    New wing:

I do not see any wing!

I'm not sure what people are expecting from this 4 day test when Ferrari comes out and says they're not trying to put together their fastest lap.... it's like going to sea world and expecting the dolphins to magically sprout wings and fly around the aquarium.... if Ferrari says not to expect a hooked up lap, why are some of you still expecting it? Then you wonder why some people here are getting touchy with their responses....

Right now Ferrari has a magnitude of NEW parts that they are testing, they are trying to determine if those parts will work the way their simulations indicate (to validate those simulations)....

Chill out this week people and listen to what the team is saying before testing so that you don't create unreasonable expectations....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by type056 View Post
    I do not see any wing!
    Wing in front of sidepod....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wing in front of sidepod....
    It's a trick of the light/shade I think. It looks like our sidepod wing from launch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    It's a trick of the light/shade I think. It looks like our sidepod wing from launch to me.
    Lol, now that you mentioned it, yeah, it looks like its just a shadow

I thought I saw a new curved element on the inside too

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    This one has a split & has wide rear profile

I'm not sure what people are expecting from this 4 day test when Ferrari comes out and says they're not trying to put together their fastest lap.... it's like going to sea world and expecting the dolphins to magically sprout wings and fly around the aquarium.... if Ferrari says not to expect a hooked up lap, why are some of you still expecting it? Then you wonder why some people here are getting touchy with their responses....

Right now Ferrari has a magnitude of NEW parts that they are testing, they are trying to determine if those parts will work the way their simulations indicate (to validate those simulations)....

Chill out this week people and listen to what the team is saying before testing so that you don't create unreasonable expectations....
    Amen to that

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

@Tony.......you know what!.....After reading some of the post on here i'm beginning to see some people PANIC for now reason at all........I can only thank you for your input......because its getting rather frustrating to see people maon and slate ferrari!!....Damn, its freeking PRACTICE sessions here. is that hard to understand..???

Glad you pointed it out your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    This one has a split & has wide rear profile
    It is split from the launch... Or am I missing something?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The wing at launch is identical

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It is split from the launch... Or am I missing something?
    I was talking about the split towards the bottom rear. Its also wide to direct air right through the floor beneth the side pods to channel towards Diffuser. Lot different from the one at the launch

Attached Images Attached Images

Ive never seen so much whining crying n arguing...
    Did the bus just come in?

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Ive never seen so much whining crying n arguing...
    Did the bus just come in?
    Ferrrari Passion I guess.... only time will tell, looking forward to seeing all the moving parts come together

Uma vez FERRARI, sempre FERRARI

15:18 Ferrari suddenly looking a deal more planted as Alonso takes a look up the inside of Grosjean at Sito Pon

Ferrari suddenly looking a deal more planted as Alonso takes a look up the inside of Grosjean at Sito Pons

Alonso picked off Vettel on that lap too

15:21 Alonso picked off Vettel on that lap too
    I would have loved to see that

Very well said!

Some are so negative it's actually painful to read the thread... I guess formula 1 is too complicated for some to understand that the team is just evaluating different setups and concepts and they will only really start chasing times at the first race.

pictures from yesterday
    http://imgur.com/a/nWA69
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    Very well said!

Some are so negative it's actually painful to read the thread... I guess formula 1 is too complicated for some to understand that the team is just evaluating different setups and concepts and they will only really start chasing times at the first race.
    yeah id rather slow laps in practice if it means them fully understanding the car what would be worse is going for it lap after lap and not understanding the car we would be in trouble for the rest of the year. Even if it takes till practice in Australia to understand the car we all just have to be patient good rewards come to those who wait

by truzonef1 on twitter:

The BBC said that the Ferrari seems glued to the asphalt with good times, with the hard tires.

BBC: The Ferrari looks glued to the track as he first passes Romain Grosjean in the Lotus and then Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull...

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    by truzonef1 on twitter:

The BBC said that the Ferrari seems glued to the asphalt with good times, with the hard tires.
    Now THATS what I want to hear

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    by truzonef1 on twitter:

nice to hear,when we put the softs,we will fly
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    yeah id rather slow laps in practice if it means them fully understanding the car what would be worse is going for it lap after lap and not understanding the car we would be in trouble for the rest of the year. Even if it takes till practice in Australia to understand the car we all just have to be patient good rewards come to those who wait
    This ! +1

We need to be patient like they have to be evaluating the car's potential and elements.

by Kate Walker on twitter:

Expect those times to change - Alonso's sector times have been improving all afternoon, and the track's full of cars.