Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3283940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

hey guys,
    is ferrari using filming,to test the car before the test in barcelona???

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Malaysia (Sepang) - hard, medium
    Hmm, according to this we actually will see the silver (hard) and white (medium) during the same weekend? Who will spot the difference in the TV?

Hards are darker than mediums

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Hards are darker than mediums
    On a hd photo on a computerscreen yes. On a F1 car @200km/h in a corner on a TV screen with brake dust and rubber sticking to the tires. I belive it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    hey guys,
    is ferrari using filming,to test the car before the test in barcelona???
    I dont know about filming day but i heard after Barcelona tests we are going to do a straight line test.Also if we have a filming day right we must use it to improve.

off topic but funny
    massa.jpg
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    off topic but funny
    massa.jpg
    I cried so much while laughing at this...

Notice the difference between the 2011 spec RW & the F2012 RW. Extra slots against the endplates for added downforce.

150 Italia

F2012

I'm surprised we didn't keep the Italian logo on the rear wing, okay yeah it was on the F150 to celebrate, but it's really nice! Should be on the F2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    Notice the difference between the 2011 spec RW & the F2012 RW. Extra slots against the endplates for added downforce.
    How exactly can these extra slots help creating more DF?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    I'm surprised we didn't keep the Italian logo on the rear wing, okay yeah it was on the F150 to celebrate, but it's really nice! Should be on the F2012!
    FOr money..

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    There is a small Italian Red White and Green stripe on the nose.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Hey guys do any one has updates whether Ferrari are filming their f2012...
    If so then that would be gr8...

Link doesn't work for me.

Nevermind. That is old news.

Now this article was an absolutely lovely read. Even better if its true.

Off the record Hamilton is disappointed with the McLaren MP4-27

Feb.16 (GMM) Behind the scenes, 2007 world champion Lewis Hamilton is quietly concerned about McLaren’s early performance with their 2012 Formula car, according to media reports.
    Lewis Hamilton (GBR) McLaren MP4/27 in the pits. Formula One Testing, Day 3, Jerez, Spain, Thursday 9 February 2012.

Auto Motor und Sport reports that the first whiff of the Briton’s worry emerged last week, when the MP4-27 was tested over four days at Jerez.

Marca sports daily claims Hamilton confided to his former McLaren teammate Heikki Kovalainen at Jerez that he is “disappointed” with his new car.

“When I saw that all the other cars are high at the front, it did make me wonder if we had done the right thing,” the 2008 world champion, referring to the ‘step’ nose trend that McLaren has sidestepped, is quoted as saying.

Hamilton was quicker than his teammate Jenson Button at Jerez, with his 1.19 laptime set on Thursday close to Sebastian Vettel’s Red Bull pace on the same day.

The previous day, however, Vettel’s teammate Mark Webber had been the quickest of the 2012 car runners in the RB8.
    10.02.2012 Jerez, Spain - Lewis Hamilton - Formula1 World Championship Pre-Season Testing - Jerez de la Frontera +++ ÂĐ Copyright: Stange / RACE-PRESS.com

And when referring to his 1.19, Hamilton admitted that the lap was set while McLaren was being “aggressive”, implying that he was light on fuel.

If so, the MP4-27 is at least a full second off Lotus’ Jerez pace.

There are more clues: asked about the change in blown diffuser rules, Briton Hamilton said the MP4-27 is “difficult to control in the fast corners”.

That contrasts with Vettel’s comment that, “In the fast corners I don’t feel very much difference to before (in 2011)”.

On the record, he said: “I feel quite positive about where the car is at the moment and I’m confident that the guys can push it forward.

“You’ve got to remember that everyone is just focusing on their own programmes. It’s not a contest for who’s the fastest at the moment,” Hamilton insisted.

“Over the coming weeks we’ll get a better indication of where everyone is.”

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    Now this article was an absolutely lovely read. Even better if its true.
    There is still a lot to come from the top 3 teams so I wouldn't judge any first impressions yet. However I do think Mercedes will be on the podium often this year, I actually hope so, to take points off rivals

Hey guys, as the rules suggest that Fduct is ban since 2011 season they how come mercedes were allowed to use fduct at the front wing...

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Hey guys, as the rules suggest that Fduct is ban since 2011 season they how come mercedes were allowed to use fduct at the front wing...
    Because it wasn't driver controlled.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

@joseluisf1

"Ferrari hopes to solve the heating problems of the new cooling system with a sophisticated water pump"
    "Besides new materials used in pipes and radiators. Ultimately only be made aerodynamic modifications"
    "The tweaks to the suspension of the F2012, under instructions Hamashima, will improve traction and wear of the Pirelli"
    "However, Hamashima analyzes show that the problem of lack of traction and wear is mainly aerodynamic"
    "Ferrari will use the suspension tweaks to strengthen some areas that could suffer premature wear"
    "The decision to reinforce the suspension is for caution as there have been no problems of stress in materials"
    "Reinforcements of the suspensions were held with highly innovative materials, which also reduce some weight in this important area"
    "The new aerodynamic parts should solve the 'abnormalities' detected, if all goes well, will continue trying different releases"
    "The 3 most important points to Ferrari in the next test: Reliability, reliability and reliability;)"
    "Once crimped to the importance of reliability in the previous tweet, the 3 will be: Pirelli handling, reliability and aerodynamics"

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    There is still a lot to come from the top 3 teams so I wouldn't judge any first impressions yet. However I do think Mercedes will be on the podium often this year, I actually hope so, to take points off rivals
    I don't and I don't
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    @joseluisf1

"Ferrari hopes to solve the heating problems of the new cooling system with a sophisticated water pump"
    "Besides new materials used in pipes and radiators. Ultimately only be made aerodynamic modifications"
    "The tweaks to the suspension of the F2012, under instructions Hamashima, will improve traction and wear of the Pirelli"
    "However, Hamashima analyzes show that the problem of lack of traction and wear is mainly aerodynamic"
    "Ferrari will use the suspension tweaks to strengthen some areas that could suffer premature wear"
    "The decision to reinforce the suspension is for caution as there have been no problems of stress in materials"
    "Reinforcements of the suspensions were held with highly innovative materials, which also reduce some weight in this important area"
    "The new aerodynamic parts should solve the 'abnormalities' detected, if all goes well, will continue trying different releases"
    "The 3 most important points to Ferrari in the next test: Reliability, reliability and reliability;)"
    "Once crimped to the importance of reliability in the previous tweet, the 3 will be: Pirelli handling, reliability and aerodynamics"
    Didn't know we also had heating problems...I guess we already had a water pump? But now more sophisticated? If we didn't had a water pump, then it would add more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    Didn't know we also had heating problems...I guess we already had a water pump? But now more sophisticated? If we didn't had a water pump, then it would add more weight.
    All engine radiator needs water pump to transfer the heat from the engine to the radiator which will release the heat. Yeah, if that's true, I guess its more sophisticated.

I guess having gone the route of having smaller/narrower radiators the car could overheat more than before hence having to redesign the water pump so it actually moves the water quicker through the system so the engine stays at normal optimum temperature.

I hope they fix it and make it better because if we were having issues with OVERHEATING at temperatures of 12-15 degrees Celsius, I can just imagine what problems we’d have in Bahrain, abu dhabi where temperature are A LOT HOTTER…

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I guess having gone the route of having smaller/narrower radiators the car could overheat more than before hence having to redesign the water pump so it actually moves the water quicker through the system so the engine stays at normal optimum temperature.

I hope they fix it and make it better because if we were having issues with OVERHEATING at temperatures of 12-15 degrees Celsius, I can just imagine what problems we’d have in Bahrain, abu dhabi where temperature are A LOT HOTTER…
    Luca(Marmorini) said at the launch of the F2012 that much work was put in to help aero by making the engine work at more extreme temperatures. That allowed them to use the new cooling system plus cut the size of the radiators in the sidepods & move one of the rad's around to the rear of the car.

Indeed cooling problems were an issue in Jerez but should be solved in BCN.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    Luca(Marmorini) said at the launch of the F2012 that much work was put in to help aero by making the engine work at more extreme temperatures. That allowed them to use the new cooling system plus cut the size of the radiators in the sidepods & move one of the rad's around to the rear of the car.

Indeed cooling problems were an issue in Jerez but should be solved in BCN.
    would you say that those cooling issues lead to the hydraulic problems? i read something about that.

anyways, good to see the thread has calmed down a lot.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I've read that there were three breakages of hydraulic pipes in the same place, whats confusing is that some articles say this was caused by overheating, while others say the breakages are the reason why there is overheating as the pipes were for engine cooling. Don't know which one it is. Also according to joseluisf1 Ferrari are apparently convinced they have a fast car.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus2 View Post
    I've read that there were three breakages of hydraulic pipes in the same place, whats confusing is that some articles say this was caused by overheating, while others say the breakages are the reason why there is overheating as the pipes were for engine cooling. Don't know which one it is. Also according to joseluisf1 Ferrari are apparently convinced they have a fast car.
    one thing is good they are CONVINCED we have a fast car; but it also NEEDS to be reliable to cross the FINISH line

...there's no point of being fast if you're not reliable to cross that finish line and collect the 25points...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Shakedown of the new Mercedes W03:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5zB7l-AIMc

Come on! Lets we do have a filming day too please