Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303142 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Leaving the test some time before, with only 51 laps to be done, means two things for me: Either we built a super car and we have already understood our superiority against the others OR we understood what a mule we have built again this year... Hope to be the first but I doubt...
    Who said that they have left the test ??? Have you ever heard of lunch break???????

Ferrari focuses on data following 'clean break'

Ferrari was not chasing lap times on day one of the Jerez group test, preferring instead to collect vital data on the F2012.

Ferrari insists that Felipe Massa's apparent lack of pace on the opening day of F1 group testing at Jerez is no cause for concern as it attempts to learn the nuances of its 2012 challenger.

Denied the chance to shake the F2012 down at Fiorano as planned because of the heavy snow that fell prior to the launch of the car last week, the Scuderia headed straight to Jerez without its usual initial data. The opening day in Spain was then spent gathering the important figures that will serve as a baseline for future development, with Massa completing a mammoth 300+km in the course of eight hours.

The team's work centred almost exclusively on data acquisition relating to the handling of the new car, with the fastest of the Brazilian's 69 laps coming in at 1min 22.815secs and leaving him a lowly ninth on the twelve-name timesheet. Before the tifosi begins to despair, however, chief designer Nikolas Tombazis insisted that the team, be given time to play with the car's settings before chasing representative lap times.

"This car represents a clear break with the one that preceded it, and features concepts that are very different for us and that require much more fine tuning," he told the official Ferrari website, "That's why, today, we absolutely did not have an eye on the stopwatch, preferring to concentrate on gathering as much data as possible in order to get as good an understanding as possible of the behaviour of the car.

"We have much to do but, all in all, there are reasons to be pleased with the 300km that we put together with Felipe at the wheel. We had to experiment with different solutions and that will be the case for the next few days as well. It's obvious that some [experiments] delivered what was expected while others did not, but that's the purpose of testing, getting to understand how a car behaves and how best to develop it."

Tombazis admitted that he still got the thrill of seeing a new car hit the track for the first time - even one as potentially unattractive as the F2012 - but emphasised that the team had taken a new direction in an effort to halt Red Bull's pursuit of a third straight title. Among the radical features is a switch to pullrod suspension front and rear, which test driver Marc Gene revealed was an idea not seen in the top flight for some time.

“The system seeks to lower the centre of gravity and improve the entry and operation of the air from the front to the rear to improve downforce,” the Spaniard told the El Mundo newspaper, “It was last seen at the front of Fernando Alonso's Minardi in 2001!”

“It's true that you always experience a special feeling when the car goes out on track for the first time and today was no different to many others I have been through just like it," Tombazis noted, "We decided that the only way to make a step forward was to be much more aggressive in our approach to the design of the car. It's true that the arrival of Pat [Fry] in the role of technical director made a significant contribution to this change, but it was a direction our group had already initiated. It is obviously too early to say if this year we will be able to win or not, but no one will be able to accuse us of having been timid in the design of this car."

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/176596/...ean_break.html
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Who said that they have left the test ??? Have you ever heard of lunch break???????
    That was good one....................

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT PALIO View Post
    That was good one....................
    Ha, ha, ha what a happy guy you are. Aren't you???

ScarbsF1
    " I've done some analysis on the Ferrari pull rod front suspension, surprisingly its geometry is as good as pushrod...! "
    @ScarbsF1: Ferrari front pullrod: It provides a similar ratio of wheel to rocker movement as pushrod http://yfrog.com/h0vbikmj
    @ScarbsF1: Heres a pushrod and a pullrod compared http://yfrog.com/obkqdnyj http://yfrog.com/g030pej

Ha, ha, ha what a happy guy you are. Aren't you???
    I am coz i believe in my team............

I am coz i believe in my team............
    The same think of course you did last year...

joseluisf1:

"The morons soft suspension of F2012 cause understeer due to increased reaction time to changes in direction"

"There are also longer reaction acceleration / braking, the car tends to be more 'lazy'"

Oh my god, you are so negative. Stop it!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

joseluisf1:

"The morons soft suspension of F2012 cause understeer due to increased reaction time to changes in direction"

"There are also longer reaction acceleration / braking, the car tends to be more 'lazy'"
    Moron suspensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Oh my god, you are so negative. Stop it!
    I'm not. I'm just impatient...

So yes i did.................but listen this is nothing in comparision to bad phase of nineties i have seen.

Major Rake

joseluisf1:

"The soft morons use them to thoroughly test the tires, so no 'bounce' and improve traction"

Apparently they are using some parts on suspension in order to test the tires but are getting slow reaction of changes in direction and understeer...

No, you're just negative sav_pap.

Who is jose luis? Why do his Tweets go on the forum?

car looks stunning
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    No, you're just negative sav_pap.

Who is jose luis? Why do his Tweets go on the forum?
    Some spanish guy that allegedly has some insider infos from Ferrari...his infos are to take with caution...

These are testing times...........so keep the faith.

oh look Ferrari is back...I thought they've left...

Is Mac the only team that sports a conventional ie: normal looking nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    So far they are, among all the teams who have revealed their 2012 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Its certainly not normal this year

These are testing times...........so keep the faith.
    Thanks mate. I'm faithfull since 1993. Let's wait and see...

You want a fast car straight away? You can't wait? Wait no longer! Go support Schumacher in Mercedes, he's topping the time charts.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

oh look Ferrari is back...I thought they've left...
    MEDENI73 Voted KING OF IRONY for 2012. You can come and claim your prize 9:00 - 17:00 (working days). Address will be posted to you with SMS...

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    You want a fast car straight away? You can't wait? Wait no longer! Go support Schumacher in Mercedes, he's topping the time charts.
    I did it some years ago when he was dressed in red. No thanks, I prefer not to follow what others did...

The car looks much better in the above shot than all the previous Ive seen..
    Id be interested in Macs solution to the nose look and how they are achieving
    the same times without it.

The car looks much better in the above shot than all the previous Ive seen..
    Id be interested in Macs solution to the nose look and how they are achieving
    the same times without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Moron suspensions?
    lol, joseluis just noticed that as well, but it has nothing to do with morons (i hope); what he meant was soft adjusted suspensions.