Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1630

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

The rears of the cars this year are so gorgeous. ALMOST makes up for the noses.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Little bit of electrical problems + fitting a lot of new parts

We won, the titles are ours!!!
    Not *ours*, but Ferrari's!

Still, I think 2012 is a year in Red, and I don't mean Cow Red -- if you catch my drift...

Quote Originally Posted by type056 View Post
    Is it only me or i think F2012 is most beautiful Ferrari and F1 car ever, specially in action.
    No mate, I think so as well. Especially that blade-like front-end.

We are moving in the right direction. I think Barcelona will be much more revealing about where we stand versus the oter teams.

FORZA FERRARI!
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

Am just happy the season is starting.
    Silently, like a shadow

Not gonna read anything into any times until Australia.. Whether we're two seconds slower or a second faster than anyone in practice the true story wont be known till Australia... Car looks smooth on the rear tho...
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    How did that McLaren picture sneak in there lol....
    lol, I didnt do it, then again, its a beautiful shot..I do prefer more of the standard nose, if it can be called that..
    Side view of the Ferrari is very nice, as the front tire hides the nose

Pirelli tyres complete 14,949 kilometres of testing

Testing facts & numbers

Friday 10 February 2012 - 20h15, by Olivier Ferret

Pirelli supplied 1176 tyres for the first Formula One test of the 2012 season, held at the Jerez circuit in the south of Spain over four days. A total of 3380 laps were covered by 23 drivers – equating to 14,949 kilometres.

The new P Zero White medium tyre completed the most running in Spain with 1776 laps run (91 sets used), followed by the new P Zero Yellow soft with 1010 laps run (57 sets used) and the P Zero Silver hard with 594 laps run (33 sets used). Although the new Pirelli Cinturato Green intermediate tyre and Pirelli Cinturato Blue tyre was brought to Spain, it was not used as the weather stayed dry despite ambient temperatures that dipped to as low as -2 degrees centigrade.

The 2012 tyres performed in line with expectations at Jerez, but with most teams running brand new cars in different phases of development, it was hard to draw firm conclusions about relative performance.

Pirelli’s motorsport director Paul Hembery said: “The tyres performed exactly in line with our expectations here in Jerez. We’ve had a very positive reaction from the drivers and teams so far, who have reported more grip at the rear, fewer ‘marbles’ and a reduced lap time difference between the compounds as well as faster overall performance – which is precisely what we wanted. We’re happy with the level of degradation and we had no issues, as was the case for all of last year. But as the temperatures in Jerez were very low and the teams have also concentrated on other areas than tyres, it’s too early to draw any detailed conclusions. We’ll see more tyre development work at the next test in Barcelona, as together with the teams, we fully understand the implications of the latest rules. However, with all three of our available slick tyres having set a fastest time, it’s a clear sign that we are on course to meet our objectives.”

Lotus driver Kimi Räikkonen – who last drove on Pirelli tyres in the 2010 World Rally Championship – set the pace on the opening day, with a spectacular return to Formula One thanks to a time of 1m19.670s on the P Zero White medium tyre.

Mercedes were quickest on the second and third days using their 2011 car. Michael Schumacher lowered the benchmark to 1m18.561s on day two with the P Zero Silver hard tyre and Nico Rosberg set a time of 1m17.631s on day three with the P Zero Yellow soft: the best time over all four days.

The Jerez test ended with Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso going quickest with a time of 1m18.877s on the final day, again using the soft tyre.

Testing facts:

- During comparison runs between the new medium and the new hard tyre on day one, there was a difference of between 0.4-0.5 seconds, with better grip and less wear: particularly at the rear.
    - The driver to complete the most laps at Jerez was Kimi Räikkonen, who racked up 192 laps on the soft, medium and hard over the first two days: nearly the equivalent of three grands prix.
    - Most teams started off with short runs initially, before trying longer runs and race simulations for the first time as they expanded their development programmes.
    - The top times on all four days comfortably beat the benchmark established at the last test in Jerez one year ago, where Rubens Barrichello went fastest for Williams with a time of 1m19.832s.

Testing numbers:

- Total number of sets brought to Jerez: 294 sets which equals 1176 tyres
    - Of which soft tyres: 71 sets
    - Of which Medium tyres: 105 sets
    - Of which Hard tyres: 43 sets
    - Of which Intermediate tyres: 38 sets
    - Of which Wet tyres: 37 sets

- Total amount of sets used: 181
    - Of which soft tyres: 57 sets
    - Of which Medium tyres: 91 sets
    - Of which Hard tyres: 33 sets
    - Of which Intermediate tyres: 0 sets
    - Of which Wet tyres: 0 sets
    - Longest run: 26 laps on the hard compound, 27 laps (medium), 20 laps (soft)
    - Highest / lowest ambient temperature over four days: 20 °C / -2 °C
    - Highest / lowest track temperature over four days: 26 °C / 0 °C

Tyre summary:

Day 1
    1. Räikkönen 1’19"670 on Medium New
    2. Di Resta 1’19"772 on Medium New
    3. Rosberg 1’20"219 on Soft New

Day 2
    1.Schumacher 1’18’’561 on Hard New
    2. Webber 1’19’’184 on Soft New
    3. Ricciardo 1’19’’587 on Soft New

Day 3
    1. Rosberg 1’17’’631 on Soft New
    2. Grosjean 1’18’’419 on Medium New
    3. Vettel 1’19’’297 on Soft New

Day 4
    1. Alonso 1’18"877 on Soft New
    2. Vergne 1’19"597 on Soft New
    3. Vettel 1’19"606 on Medium New
    Last edited by Forza 27; 10th February 2012 at 21:18.

thanks, very interesting there. i wonder if Autosport live guys called Vettel's time on day 3 a failed glory lap? or webbers?
    or DiResta's even???? didn't think so.

these are the same guys that would call a 1:10.0 at Barcelona a 'glory run' which tbh it could be, but no-one is getting anywhere near that, and i'm not sure if that even is possible. but if Ferrari manage it, or something a little less impossible, but nonetheless impressive, they would still say the same blahblah to quote Rubens.

they have already made up their minds so i wouldn't make any conclusions based on their statements, as they seem to try and spin every bit of info they get into that line of thought. Like they seem to have made a massive meal out of Fry's comments, yet Lewis said the same things as did Vettel about their cars. but nobody mentions them, as they don't fit in with the story.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    lol, I didnt do it, then again, its a beautiful shot..I do prefer more of the standard nose, if it can be called that..
    Side view of the Ferrari is very nice, as the front tire hides the nose
    Haha!! To be honest the front of that Ferrari has kind of grown on me.... I'm actually starting to like it more than the old nose lol!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I love the F2012, its the most beatiful car of all the 2012 cars for me.

Here are some good pics of our beauty:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Haha!! To be honest the front of that Ferrari has kind of grown on me.... I'm actually starting to like it more than the old nose lol!
    +1

Grosjean 1’18’’419 on Medium New

Alonso 1’18"877 on Soft New

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post

I suppose the track temperatures were different.

Performance gap between the soft and medium compound is 0.6 second according to pirelli.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97477

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    I love the F2012, its the most beatiful car of all the 2012 cars for me.

Here are some good pics of our beauty:

superb pictures thankyou so much

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    superb pictures thankyou so much
    Now this is when it's OK to quote pictures.

Does it seem like every F1 news website is anti-ferrari? Saying things like wind tunnel woes, glory laps yesterday, etc.

Just because Ferrari set the fastest time yesterday it's a sign of them struggling and then being near the bottom shows their struggling too. ARGGHH!!! It seems everything Ferrari do shows their in trouble!! I can't wait till Qualifying in Melbourne when they dominate the timing sheets.

let them think what they want. because true picture will be seen in Australia anyway. at this moment i am satisfied with those glory laps too
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post
    Does it seem like every F1 news website is anti-ferrari? Saying things like wind tunnel woes, glory laps yesterday, etc.
    Yeah it seem so, most just quote Autosport no wonder wording is the same everywhere. Also we Ferrari fans have only 3 places to get an objective information from - TSN, Ferrari twitter and official site. Everything else is in Italian/Spanish language or anti-Ferrari.

Grosjean was doing glory runs to attract sponsors. Sauber did that in 2010 as well.

I really liked Alonso's press conference, it was honest and real, he didn't create false expectations but at the same time it makes me believe, despite all the hard work ahead for the team. It's a same that the next test is not next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    It's a same that the next test is not next week.
    It's a shame for us, but the team must be glad. A week to get a handle on the data, manufacture new parts, wind tunnel, CFD, Simulator work. There must be so much to do. Every day counts throughout the season, but with such a new car, the next few hundred hours will be especially important for the early part of the season. Fingers crossed!

if i was Stefano i would do a filming day now, or a couple.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post

Just because Ferrari set the fastest time yesterday it's a sign of them struggling and then being near the bottom shows their struggling too. ARGGHH!!! It seems everything Ferrari do shows their in trouble!! I can't wait till Qualifying in Melbourne when they dominate the timing sheets.
    Yes.just look at this from autosport:

And while Alonso's run to the top of the timesheets could therefore be more the product of a low-fuel run than a genuine breakthrough, it nevertheless represents a modicum of progress for his Italian team - particularly as it was just four tenths slower than the overall best seen at Jerez.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97473

I did not see something like this (low-fuel run) toward Kimi,Webber,Grojan and ... fastest times earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    It's a shame for us, but the team must be glad. A week to get a handle on the data, manufacture new parts, wind tunnel, CFD, Simulator work. There must be so much to do. Every day counts throughout the season, but with such a new car, the next few hundred hours will be especially important for the early part of the season. Fingers crossed!
    But at the same time they need a lot of track time, I don't black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    But at the same time they need a lot of track time, I don't black and white.
    Agreed. We just have to use the time available as best as we can.

I have to ask why do we still read Autosport's anti-Ferrari attitude and then get ourselves annoyed?

For those that can read Italian, and want a more objective journalism, here's http://www.auto.it/autosprint/ .

The headline reads, "It really functions. This is how the F2012 changed overnight."

Also says that the Raped Cows' issues remains a mystery. Also Webber mentions the new car is difficult to drive.

yep. good article, although i really do not think the Renault had 60kg fuel when setting that laptime. if true, that would be around F2004 territory. maybe that was a mistake?