Thread: Spa - 2012

Question Spa - 2012

Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

Mods, if this is in the wrong Section, please move.

A favour please. A group of us are looking to go to Spa for the GP in 2012, but I am having problems finding aprox prices for race tickets. We would probably get the Bronze General admission tickets.

Does anyone know how much they were this year?

And also, where is good for camping and how much was that?

Just trying to work out a rough cost so we can budget for the tour (and have some left over for Beer )

Thanks for your help

CR
    Some say he knows two facts about ducks and they are both wrong...
    @bigandyclifton

Can you allready buy tickets for next year ? The races for next year are not yet confirmed are they ?
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

tickets for next year will be available at the earliest in Feb 2012...but i can tell you from being there in the past that bronze (no seats, free to roam around the track) were approx EUR 150.

we didnt camp at the track, so i'm afraid i cant help you with the price but the area at the "head of the track" (behind the kemmel straight/ les combes) seemed to be quite a popular place with loads of campers and barbecue parties!
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

If I can afford it, I'd LOVE to go to Spa next year!

The future is RED

Tickets for Spa will go on sale on October 1st here: www.spagrandprix.com. GA price is €130 for the weekend (price has been reduced from the €160 these last few years). If you book before October 31st then you get 20% earlybird discount so they only cost €105 for the weekend. If anyone needs prices etc for Spa then let me know as I have full details. Race weekend is 31-Aug to 2 September 2012. As confirmed now by FIA and is back to back with Monza so we are hoping to do the double next year (money and beer supplies permitting!)
    I and a whole bunch of folks go to Spa every year (and will do so as long as the race is still on the calendar!)
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Thanks Guys. Info much appreciated
    Some say he knows two facts about ducks and they are both wrong...
    @bigandyclifton

Ticket price

Siberian, please give me more info for stands and tickets and prices anh hotel also as i am from canada and would like to gisit spa and italia also

SPA is great! and quite cheap i believe.......... maybe next year i can also do this double race........ first SPA and then MONZA that will be great!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danlauz View Post
    Siberian, please give me more info for stands and tickets and prices anh hotel also as i am from canada and would like to gisit spa and italia also
    Hi Danlauz
    Here are the prices for 2012 (20% discount if you book before October 31st but am quoting official full price list):
    Gold 1 pit; €550 Kids under 15 €275
    Gold 2 GP2. Gold 3 Eau rouge, Gold 6 Chicane, Gold 8 La Source- €480 Kids under 15 €240
    Gold 4 Eau Rouge, Gold 7 La source, Gold 9 Pole (all uncovered) €425 Kids under 15 €215
    Silver 1,2,3 Francoschamps, Spa, Les Combes €350 Kids under 15 €175
    Bronze- €130 Kids under 15 €25
    Let me know if i can help with anything else.
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

I'm looking to go to Spa next year as well. I'm also considering GA tickets. I assume that GA at Spa is a good possibility because of the nature and length of the track. Am I right? A lot of walking though, I suppose.

I will try to find a hotel or a B&B in the area. I know there aren't too many, so I will have to book pretty soon. How is the traffic and access to the circuit by car? I went to Spa once and we parked in a field but I can't remember too much about it because it was like 10 years ago. Any help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by SanderV View Post
    I'm looking to go to Spa next year as well. I'm also considering GA tickets. I assume that GA at Spa is a good possibility because of the nature and length of the track. Am I right? A lot of walking though, I suppose.

I will try to find a hotel or a B&B in the area. I know there aren't too many, so I will have to book pretty soon. How is the traffic and access to the circuit by car? I went to Spa once and we parked in a field but I can't remember too much about it because it was like 10 years ago. Any help is appreciated
    Sander
    GA is pretty good in Spa and only disadvantage is having to get up really early on race day but there are loads of good spots to view from. If you need B&B not far away then let me know as our campsite owner's pal has a few B&B spots (owned by our shuttle bus driver's folks so you can get to/from the track no problem as well!)
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Quote Originally Posted by siberianlady View Post
    Sander
    GA is pretty good in Spa and only disadvantage is having to get up really early on race day but there are loads of good spots to view from. If you need B&B not far away then let me know as our campsite owner's pal has a few B&B spots (owned by our shuttle bus driver's folks so you can get to/from the track no problem as well!)
    Thanks for your help. I will let you know when I make my decision.

Sander
    Hi siberianlady,

I have booked my tickets for Spa 2012, i'm now looking for a B&B to stay at (arrive on Thursday evening, and leave on Sunday morning). Any places that you can recommend that are close to the circuit? There's 4 of us (myself included). Preferably with free parking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wish I could go...
    Hopefully I can go in 2013.

Almost went back in 2005 after Monza. Luckily I didn't though because Sato took out Schumacher on the first lap!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post
    Wish I could go...
    Hopefully I can go in 2013.

Almost went back in 2005 after Monza. Luckily I didn't though because Sato took out Schumacher on the first lap!
    This year is the last year Spa will be on the calendar officially. A petition is coming out soon (we are working with the boys locally ) but in case Bernie sticks to his guns and money wishes if you want to do Spa 2012 may be your last chance!
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Hi siberianlady,

I have booked my tickets for Spa 2012, i'm now looking for a B&B to stay at (arrive on Thursday evening, and leave on Sunday morning). Any places that you can recommend that are close to the circuit? There's 4 of us (myself included). Preferably with free parking.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Send me a PM and we can chat about this and maybe get you sorted!
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

The way you guys discuss this makes me wanna go as well!!!
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

This year is the last year Spa will be on the calendar officially. A petition is coming out soon (we are working with the boys locally ) but in case Bernie sticks to his guns and money wishes if you want to do Spa 2012 may be your last chance!
    it probably is the last year we will have spa on the calendar, some locals complained about the noise. the track is still located between 2 towns who both want to tax it, etc...
    it will be really hard to save an otherwise beautiful classic track....really, this country is totally backwards.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

It's a dream for me which didn't come true. YET...

How is the traffic and access to the circuit by car? I went to Spa once and we parked in a field but I can't remember too much about it because it was like 10 years ago. Any help is appreciated
    Last time I was at Spa (2009), the traffic jam leaving the circuit was fairly nightmarish.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Last time I was at Spa (2009), the traffic jam leaving the circuit was fairly nightmarish.
    Thanks Suzie, I imagined that. Probably no Grand Prix for me this year though. The sound and atmosphere are fantastic, but it's very expensive. I think I'll skip this time.

Thanks Suzie, I imagined that. Probably no Grand Prix for me this year though. The sound and atmosphere are fantastic, but it's very expensive. I think I'll skip this time.
    It's a pitty because you are so near (Netherlands to belgium). Unfortunately the nearest for me was Turkey and second Monza. I've gone to Monza once (in 2007 when Fernando took victory wearing the wrong colours-nevermind) and I intend to visit Spa also once in the future. I hope for it to be in the calendar the forthcoming (one or two) years.. Other choice for me then is Hungary but it isn't one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Beer was good though eh? ;o)

Was there last year too.

Lots and lots and lots of wasps